Banner Health Employee Reviews in United States

Banner Health- is a good place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
The work I do keeps you busy
I have learned so much about nutrition and the medical field and more respect for all in the same field. The management is good, like us they are always learning something new and are wiling to share the information so we are all on the same page. The hardest part would be entering in Tube feedings correctly. It takes more than basic math skills and there is literally no room for mistake. Also that there is a lot of co-workers that like to goof off and not help others out. The people I have met , they make this place enjoyable to work at.
Pros
Good benefits.. Room for advancement..Room to learn more and grow
Cons
Very far to travel but the benefits are worth it
PFS Rep Colorado
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  COMarch 30, 2016
While I can say that the medical staff and all support staff provide excellent patient care, I can't say that about the company in relationship to employees.

There is no room for growth unless you know someone with clout or play the right political game within the company in order to advance. The compensation for PFS jobs that are not management is ridiculously low in comparison to what Banner expects you to give as an employee. Upper management makes five figures or more while the rest of us are suppose to be happy with 2-3% wage increase each year. Give me a break at that rate I will never get ahead.

The benefits while at one time where top notch are no longer that, we get less PTO than the majority of companies out there give.
It's Ok. It has its pros and cons like anywhere else.
Phlebotomist / Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2015
It's ok. Standard work place relationships. Women can be catty, poor choices by management, and an overwhelming lack of trust in management Reaching out for much needed help from HR left me feeling unsupported and discriminated against.

I feel like the organization does take advantage of the employees that are doing the work out in the field. The field workers are the ones brining in the 'product' with results in the income. The field workers are not rewarded (compensated) for the life 'blood' they feed the machine.

The best part of the job is the interaction with the patients. That is my reward. I have to assure that I reward myself because another person will not.

I need to often remind myself that I have a job, benefits, fixed hours and that I am there to help others through a less than desirable procedure. Now if only I made a liveable wage.
Pros
fixed hours
Cons
low wages
Please see below
PFS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
Certainly DO NOT look forward to going to work; NEVER had an employer who caused so many sleepless nights and ruined week-ends; MANY employees UNHAPPY with Banner work culture, but do not speak up because of retaliatory tactics, which, of course, are denied.
Pros
Benefits, but NOT salary
Cons
Demoralizing work environment/culture, i.e., questionable mgmt
An OK place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  TucsonOctober 8, 2015
Outpatient hospital setting clinic is ok. Every dept is different but this particular clinic did not allow any OT ever. Protocols changed after merge from UAHN to Banner. Waaay too many ridiculous steps to ensure joint commission will approve. Joint commission approved JUST fine the UAHN way. Benefits kill you. PTO accrual went down. Can't do this can't do that. The majority of employees are fed up with banner. Lots of holes right now. Maybe in the future it'll get better in Tucson, but definitely not right now. Totally feel like im just another employee. No appreciation. Leaving the corporation because benefits for a family is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Oh and lastly, if you are seen within the corporation and cannot pay your bill asap that amount gets garnished from your check :) you sign for it in your new employee paperwork or you can't get their insurance. Not my cup of tea.
Pros
Uniforms can be purchased elsewhere without a logo.
Cons
Expensive insurance, poor management, no advancement and wages are poor.
Over all great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 8, 2016
Working at banner health was enjoyable, and a positive experience with a positive work enviroment. The management was very freindly, and had a positive attitude. Training was always fun, and knowledgeable.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
unadequate compensation
Great benefits, good stepping stone
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZMarch 8, 2016
very good company to work for, while finishing up school, trying to make final financial career decisions. and balancing out the two.
benefits
Cons
short pay
Good
PCA/Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2016
It is a great company to work for, always room for advancement. Also offers great benefits. I would recommend this company.
Family oriented workplace with diverse learning opportunities
Staff Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 2, 2015
I work in a medical ICU on a 9 RN team and assume care of 2 critically ill patients on a typical day at work. It is a very acute unit that has high patient turnover. I enjoy being part of a team that is very supportive.
Pros
Lots of education, great team environment
Cons
short breaks, limited opportunity for raises
Very Productive, excellent patient care, fun staff
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Registration RepresentativeAugust 27, 2015
I was first contact for all patient and visitors and made amazing relationships with our patients, when I was not there for any reason they would ask for me. I learned the new computer system and was made the trainer for all new employees. My typical day was checking patients in and out, collecting copays/deductibles, verification of insurance benefits for all patients for 5 providers, answered all phone calls, data entry, scheduled surgeries and appointments. It was an extremely busy practice and at times was challenging but I always got the work done on time and accurately. Management was a huge turn around, the 4 years of working at this office we had 5 new and different managers which made it difficult at times but we got through it. I loved seeing the same patients having a lot of fun and making great friends with them.
Pros
Turn around in management
Cons
Excellent patient care and phenominal physicans to work with
Hi
HR Info Spec (Former Employee) –  GreeleyFebruary 16, 2016
I like banner health. They are a good company to work for. The staff is nice and they have really good benefits. Life, dental, medical and vision
Good
Banner Health is place to gain a few years of experience then leave.
Pharmacy Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 26, 2015
Banner Health is place to gain a few years of experience then leave for a company with better pay and benefits. Veterans of the company are seeing a downgrade in employee satisfaction as evident in employee survey. Recommend for new grades but not the seasoned proffesional.
impossible standards, advancement based on nepotism
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 1, 2015
I really hate to sound negative or disgruntled but really this was the worst job I ever had. Banner has very strict attendance policies which is fine with me I don;t mind when jobs run a tight ship. However, these rules do not apply to everyone. If you are able to worm your way into the social circle you will be set and not even have to work. So be friends with the right people or know them before you come in and you'll be fine. If you think that doing good work and working hard will get you noticed it will but maybe in the wrong ways. At Banner the key is to blend in going unnoticed not shining in your work because then that will make you targets for people who don't work and want to either take credit for what you do or bring you down. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone. Also, low pay, low pto accrual, and benefits get worse every year not worth it.
Pros
Cons
everything, good place to get your feet wet
productive and plenty of advancement opportunities
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 5, 2015
you are always learning, growning, and progressing with banner health. I enjoyed the fact they are focused on an great patient experience and patient care is the main priority .
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management /very focused on collections
High Volume APP Recruitmenty
Physician Recruiter/Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2015
I gained a tremendous amount of knowledge about how hospital systems operate from the inside. I was able to participate in many sub committees that promoted change, figured out solutions to common compensation problems, and even had a hand in facilitating change in hospitals by laws. Other than the obvious recruitment responsibilities, I interacted daily with C-Suite members and other key leaders. I typically worked about 60-80 hours per week. Our volumes were high and we had a tremendous amount of stakeholders that we were accountable to.
Pros
Amazing learning experience
Cons
Difficult managing work life balance at times
overall working here has been a good experience and given me opportunities to grow
Telemetry Observation Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2015
Provide opportunities to grow and gain additional education
Staff turnover especially for managers is horrible
Short staffed and some managers pass the buck on helping
Great benefits and some help with additional benefits
Pros
great benefits, opportunities to grow
Cons
staff turnover, short staffed constantly
No comments
Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2015
No Comments.The company has high regard for its reputation and I respect that. It is unethical and may be disadvantageous to place comments about any company, especially current company.
Pros
Competitive benefits
Cons
No comments
Horrible place to work, stay away from banner
EVS Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 3, 2016
I worked at this hospital and it is the worst place I have ever worked. The management is inexperienced and ridiculous, they don't know what they are doing, the company does not value there employees and the pay is an insult and a joke. Banners staffing agency is one of the biggest reason they are a joke, because of the agency they don't care about the permanent employees you are just a number and you can and will be replaced. You will only be valued if you are a doctor or nurse everyone else is insignificant. NO opportunity for advancement if you value yourself STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE EXCUSE OF A HOSPITAL AND EMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANAGEMENT, ADVANCEMENT
• Conducted patient registration and obtained financial reimbursement in the E.R and Outpatient facilities.
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 10, 2015
• Collected patient demographics and patients financial responsibilities over the phone.
• Reviewed account information to maximize collection efforts and expedite insurance reimbursement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Employees are irritable due to long hours
Pfs
pfs (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 27, 2015
Loved working for the my bosses but the health care this company and benefits the offered were crazy considering the are health care them selfs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.