Banner Medical Group Employee Reviews

Banner
Certified Medical Assistant/Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 6, 2017
the benefits are great, the team I work with is amazing. I am sad that our department is being closed. I am hoping I can find another position with in Banner. Other places I have looked are not offering the same benefits or pay.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Closing our Department
review deferred
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 31, 2017
I have a lot of opinions regarding Banner's decision to close my practice but choose to not share them at this time. An emotional subjective response to a review is not necessary to share with others.
Banner Medical Group
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, ArizonaFebruary 6, 2017
A Medical Group that continues to grow and ensure access to care and quality care and an excellent patient experience. Banner Medical Group embodies the mission of Banner Health of excellent patient care and core behaviors that promotes caring, compassionate staff and providers.
Kaleidoscopes make wonderful sights
PFS (Former Employee) –  Fallon NevadaOctober 21, 2015
While at Banner Medical Group I had a wonderful time.
Each day I got logged in and prepared to greet our pediatric patients for the day. I just about knew each child and parent by name and was able to work with the providers to meet their needs the best we could.
I enjoyed my co workers, I miss the work environment. I supported them by being on the "moral" team I enjoyed seeing their spirits lifted with each little act of kindness and recognition our group was able to show them
Management turned over three times in my time there and so I felt it was often high stress them despite their attempts of organization. Each manager was a good person though, really wanted what was best for the people under them.
The hardest part of the job was incorporating change that effected the patient care, usually coming down to collection MORE money when insurance coverage's changed. Seeing the strain that caused was hard for me to watch.
My most enjoyable time was seeing the babies grow, having the trust of the providers and patients was a good feeling.
I left because my boys wanted to participate in sports, being a single mother made making that a reality for them a challenge. I began an in-home day care and given my bleeding heart this is not sustaining enough for our livelihood. It's time to get back to work.
Pros
patient interaction, leaning leadership skills and becoming self aware of my ability to make a difference
Cons
decline in medical coverage took a tole on the clinic environment, it became all numbers and money.
Overall a great place to work and grow.
Senior Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2015
Overall a great place to work and grow. Ihave worked for Banner for almost two years. This medical group is rapidly growing and the BAnner vision is about the patients and moving to value based healthcare. We do what is right for the right reasons.
Small town, small town beliefs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Page, AZSeptember 1, 2014
High turnover at the hospital. Small town folk that are very judgmental and NOT accepting of newcomers. Harassed! Harassed! Harassed! Prepare to be given a very hard time! Prepare to wear MANY hats that are not part of what was offered.

CEO encourages gossip and petty behavior. The entire town warned me about CEO when first arrived- I should have listened. If not for this behavior, it would be a GREAT place to work!
Benefits
Cons
Behavior of staff
World's Greatest providers
Medical Assistant/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZOctober 3, 2013
Every provider is extremely personable and easy to work with. I learned so much from each of them, and they put patient care above all else.
Pros
excellent providers, well intentioned management, great patients
Work environment
Oncology Physician (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 17, 2013
Overall setting is good but the addition of another physician the past year has made it very difficult to work.
Well known corporation on the west coast
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2013
The hours were 7:30-4:00, I worked for Neurology, Urology, and Gastroenterology, I met about 10 different doctors through out the Peoria and Sun City West offices, my co workers were very friendly and always compliment on the work you do.
Pros
the hours, traveling between offices, working for 3 different specialties
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about Banner Medical Group?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2