Banner University Medical Center

Banner University Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Patient scheduling with a focus on numbers.
Patent Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson,AZApril 2, 2015
• Scheduled patient appointments in multiple specialties.
• Relay patient’s messages to the physicians and insure the patient had a response in response within a reasonable time frame.
• Verify and update insurance and patient demographics as needed.
HIM likes to Bully staff
Data Analyst II (Former Employee), River Road campus, Tucson, ArizonaFebruary 8, 2015
Co workers great people.

I learned that management likes to bully and shame others when they feel someone may know more than they do.
I worked there over 10 years. I know of co workers that were shamed and bullied which caused a lot of anxiety in their personal life. I heard management bragging about how certain people were pushed out.
Was Good In The Beginning
EVS Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great pay, benitfts, not a small work place
Cons: management, drama, full of lies
When I first started, it was great.. I loved working with all different kinds of people, learned lots. However as time moved on, I knew there was something fundamentally wrong. The management doesn't know what their doing, at least in the department I was in. You heard time and time again to go through the chain of command, well that doesn't work at UMC. It can turn your life upside down, for the good benefits a person get's, it's really not worth it. HR even had problems when I was there, no one called back when I called.. Had no one to represent the department I was in. Save yourself some time and your sanity. Stay away from there until they can get in back on track.
R.N. Emergency Department/Trauma Center (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Hi acquity of patients. Great staff. Management does not like change, nor do the charge nurses/clinical leaders have current patient care experience.
Sorority- you are in only if management "likes" you
patient services specialist III (Former Employee), main campusOctober 18, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management incompentency
Managment is allowed to pick and choose based on popularity and not work performance. Backstabbing and gossip are the norm. Pay is low. Allowing 28 year olds with minimal expetience to manage units is not working. Many great employees have left because managment is falling apart and company is in HUGE debt because of bad decisions.
Working there was like working with family
Secretary III/ Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2014
I would start the day printing sched. for the office staff and from there I would help patients get ready for their exam,Data entry, Giving results to patients, Pushing and burning xray images to CDs or doctors work stations, Scanning patient info. into Phillips system, QC reports and letters for doctors and patients.
I work very well with all my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was keeping everything running smoothly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients and co - workers.
Professional and fun workplace.
Echosonographer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2014
The University of Arizona Health network is a great place to work. They perform very detailed procedures and extensive reporting. The most up to date technology and equipment is used. Everyone works as a team and are very helpful to one another. I would recommend this hospital as a workplace to anyone.
Performed speedily and without formal ceremony
Medical Record Clerk 1 (Former Employee), Tucson,AZJune 18, 2014
I learned how to scan and quality control patient documents.
Fun fast-paced Trauma Center
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 1, 2014
Cons: very little brakes for the surgical techs
Daily the staff had an outline of the surgeries to performed and staff had to be flexible to accommodate any traumas that came into the Operating Room. My manager and co-works were always there to support and offer assistance if needed. Once I became accustom to the life of the Operating Room I did not find much difficulty at work. Having a successful operation and knowing we made a change for the better in person's life.
Amazing place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 2, 2014
Awesome management and coworkers. management works well around employees' schedule. very flexible
Very fast paced
Support Services (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: management
A typical work day was fast paced & never a dull moment. I learned all types of new things for working at this hospital, mainly about diseases, & the way hospitals work. Some managers were okay at this job not very worker friendly but others were very polite & knew what to say. Co-workers were always fun to be around with & work with.
hard working lay staff, terrible management staff
reimbursement accounting (Former Employee), various clinic'sApril 21, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: vague inconsistent leadership and mismanagement
UAHNis has great benefits with limited pay structure comparable to what one would expect in Tucson more or less, what makes this place incredibly difficult to work for are the managers & upper management. people that have worked there for years and have been promoted, and why, to a management position as they have limited leadership and management skills. The nurse review is correct in that if you're in you are in and if you disagree with management you are definitely out. I have never before worked for such a large entity where management is so disagreeable bordering on deceit & hateful. if this place would eliminate and replace managers appropriately as often as lay staff it might have a better reputation in Tucson. Many people work tbere only because of the great benefits. They put up with so much just for the benefits.

July 7, 2013

Now that's just really sad to hear about this hospital... I believe it happens with way with most medical facilities.. Management who have no inclination of what is happening with the real workers and honesty, well that just don't exist anymore to some..

Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 1, 2013
Pros: meeting alot people, teamwork
My job was a good experience, their was always good teamwork. I learned how to deal with different kind of patients. My managers were always their when we needed something. My hardest moments were losing patients. My most enjoyable part was interacting with patients
Very Flexible and Friendly environment
Systems Analyst II (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 6, 2012
Pros: flexibility, telecommuting
Cons: health insurance usage within their network
No all departments are the same but at least the one I work at is great. Manager is very flexible with personal issues as working hours, I have learned so much there. They have great career advancement opportunities.
If you're in... you're in. If you're not... look out
Nurse (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 23, 2012
Pros: several outstanding individuals on the front line
Cons: lack of trust, lack of leadership, arrogance
To succeed here, you need to be a member of the sorority. The administrators in this medical center are extremely catty and difficult to work with. They offer minimal support otther than lip service, yet are critical (usually behind one's back) of anything varing from their idea of acceptable. For example, they boast "we want to know what you think of our service". Then they cut staffing in half and there is no one available to address any concerns. This becomes everyone else's fault as they accept no ownership of their problems. This may be why the satisfaction scores are in the toilet.
Regretfully, many of the staff here are extremely hard working, dedicated and compassionate, and find a way to do their job in spite of poor leadership. Sadly, their work is stifled by the clowder in administration. Until that changes... nothing changes.
Challenging Healthcare Landscape
Chief Financial Officer - Health Plans (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 25, 2012
Pros: serving tucson community
Cons: state economy
The UAHN was formed through merger of University Medical Center and University Physicians Healthcare.

About Banner University Medical Center

Medical Excellence, Exceptional Care, Endless Possibilities Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network (UAHN) – Read more

Banner University Medical Center Photos