Banner University Medical Center

Banner University Medical Center Employee Reviews

N/a
Patient Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 27, 2017
Banner UMC Emergency Department was a fast-paced high stress job, it was a daily challenge but ok to work at! I started off as a cashier in the cafeteria for 2 months then promoted to supervisor for a coffee shop in the UA College of Medicine for 2 years, then transferred over to the Hospitals Emergency Department to work as a psych tech for 11 years then transferred one last time as a Patient Financial Rep for 2 years
wonderful place to work!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2017
staff and management were wonderful to work with
environment always clean and run smoothly
call hours were manageable and was not called in continuously
Pros
management and staff
Cons
Summary
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2017
enjoyable work day, great providers and staff
able to know patients, and their needs
fast day, busy office, multiple phone lines and busy schedule
team of employees worked together for common good of patients
best part of job was co workers, other departments worked with and especially the patients
Challenging but too much change
Technical Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 2, 2017
In short Banner is about the bottom dollar and not the employee.
Too often there are changes happening through out to organization.
There is also a disconnect between Tucson and Phoenix as the company main office is run in PHX.
Pros
Large company with chances to grow
Cons
Too large and run poorly
Very interesting job
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 25, 2017
Good..nothing bad to say! There are a lot of different practices that you need to take care.

Financial analysis was very interesting as well as the discussion with managers and directors
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Insurance
Loved working at the out patient clinic. Great doctors. Great co-workers.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 17, 2017
Typical day at work, vital pts prepare pts to see the doctor. Give injections, ekg, ear lavage if needed. Great management. Hardest part of the job finding out bad news for pts. Best part of the job working with all pts. Answering questions for them calling them for follow ups. Working side by side with doctors. Great communication with all co-workers and all staff including doctors.
Pros
Free lunch from time to time
Cons
No lunch sometimes
Service Acheived
Customer Service and Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2017
A typical work day includes speaking with patents about their day and finding ways to improve their stay. The hardest part o the job is finding solutions to problems in a fast paced environment. The position is fairly new and is constantly being improved upon. The best part of m day is working with an excellent group of nurses and helping people get back on their feet.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
new position
travel job
Travel postpartum RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2017
I was hired to work 36 hrs/week, for 13 weeks at Banner University Hospital. Rarely worked more than 24 hrs/week. The staff was not friendly. The hospital Pipes kept breaking and flooding the unit. I have had good experiences at other Banner hospitals
Pros
building very old
Great oppurtunity for New Grads
Cardiovascular intensive care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2017
I have learned a lot as a new grad at BUMCP. The CVICU is stressful but very rewarding. The senior nurses are a huge asset. They are always willing to help and teach.
Stressful
HR Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 30, 2017
Very little support from manager. Manager worked in Mesa and I saw her only once every 4-6 months. Follow up training was minimal and we only received changes by email. Constant changes, so much so that you could consider it change fatigue.
Slow paced environment
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2017
The practice I worked in was strictly for residency, so not much duties for MAs to get hands on. My manager was great and very understanding. Disliked the fact of no holiday pay unless you had pto and that was used weekly to accommodate the under 40 hour work week. Found myself bored too many times to remember and inconsistencies. The office needs to be on 1 accord. Miss my coworkers and the swiping of my badge at the gift shop and cafeteria. However I do not recommend working for a residency fresh out of school due to minimum learning experiences. Seems as the MAs are 3rd leg.
Pros
Amazing Clinical Nurse Manager
Cons
No hands on and holidays paid with PTO
i love it there
Patient Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  business officeSeptember 18, 2017
you work hard but co-worker and staff were nice. Very large company you can easy get lost in the mix of people. I hated leaving this job. I would apply here if they had any openings
Growing company that will be around for a long time
Patient Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Process authorizations for the whole Banner UMC network. Followup with escalations and stat request. Monitor your daily work que for add ons and emergency request.
very interesting place to work you really learn a lot
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2017
always very busy in the area I worked in.
As far as what I learned, I learned a lot I improved my skills and increased my pace in everything.
Management that's a hard one to call as I saw a lot of turn over in that area while I was there in 6yrs I had 5 different managers.
As for workplace culture it was very different from anything I had ever experienced. I met some very lovely caring people who loved there job and what they did. and I met some people that seamed to take great pleasure in trying to create trouble everywhere and with everyone. I can't say I always enjoyed my time there because of that type of culture. The hardest part of my job I'd say was dealing with some of the issues like I just explained. And loosing dear friends and co-workers to death. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the many wonderful people that I did get to meet and to see the patients that maybe weren't given much of a chance but they made it and they got to go home.
Pros
you can learn so much
Cons
you don't always work with the nicest people
Work in Progress
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 14, 2017
I think eventually Banner will stabilize and be a good place to work. I have just been unfortunate to be in the eye of the storm and turmoil. Management is unwilling to hold others accountable I assume job security. The hours, low pay, and just no willingness to make it better is to much I am emotionally tired. I love the work I do, but the environment right now is caustic. If they get good leadership and vested people I think Banner could be a fabulous place to work. That was my hope.
Cons
long hours, inequitable pay, no recognition for performance
Great reputation, job work/ life balance
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2017
I think Banner is a excellent place to work and I would come back and work at Banner. I also love the doctors and the staff.
I come into work greeted by the night staff member who about to get off and get report. I go to the lounge so that we can have a morning huddle. I find out which area that I am working. I learn that management is always there for you if you need them and if not go to a team lead. The workplace culture is fun and respectful of every patient need and their family. The hardest part is to watch a baby in pain or baby pass away. The most enjoyable part is to know that your part of the team and we all work together. It is a very rewarding position.
Pros
can swipe badge in the gift store, cafeteria, also can fill out a paper to get a gift for a patient.
Cons
call offs
Average place to work
IT Faculties Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2017
A typical day was checking your queue for Incident tickets and service request. Also, working on projects it you had any or were a part of a project. Learn how to work on different applications and different equipment.
Management was good keep us up to date on the day to day issues and the department goals. We had bi-weekly and monthly meetings to go over all of our projects and up coming projects.
Overall it's a good place to work.
Fast Paced, Patient Oriented
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 28, 2017
Banner University Medical Center is a great place to work. It is fast paced and patient oriented. They had top of the line technology and were well staffed.
Pros
CF center
Cons
low pay
Stressful
Revenue Cycle Manager II, Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 25, 2017
I loved working while Banner was still UAMC. Fabulous wonderful place where people treated each other well. Once Banner took over it was like they did not care about the experience anyone had or about people in general. Those that I know that still work there, hate it
Pros
Great benefits prior to Banner
Cons
Banner benefts
Prefer not to
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2017
Ok place to work. Don't like the fact that you cannot submit your resume without having to put a company review online in order to do so. Why are required to?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Banner University Medical Center Reviews by Location