Banner University Medical Center

Banner University Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

An Awesome place to work!
Research Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2015
Loved my job, fun place to work with supportive management. Learned a lot from my colleagues. Got alone really well with my current and previous supervisors. The hardest part was everybody left, the department moved far away and the position eliminated. The enjoyable part of the job was I loved and enjoyed what I was doing. Grew close to my patients, coworkers and supervisors.
Pros
Flexible, great pay and awesome office
Cons
N/A
Challeging and open to other oppunities working in a hospital enviroment, great place to imporve customer service skills
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2015
I like that this job because it has stable hours and options for different shifts to accommodate to your life. I learned how to service patients and make a difference in people lives especially in a ambiguous and complex environment. This job engages employees like myself in improving individual and team performance.
Productive day and always get along with my co-workers
Clinical Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Health PlansTucson, AZJuly 15, 2015
Everyday I prepare for my deliverables that are due to AHCCCS and Medicare. I don't like to procrastinate. I help other co-workers with excel spreadsheets. I learn and have to manage my time not to miss a deadline. I am learning sequel report writing at this time. I enjoy working and keeping busy and learning what comes my way and help others.
Fast-paced, Excellent Customer/Patient Care
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ElviraAugust 4, 2015
Everyday, I learn new patient experiences that allow me to teach myself on a daily basis, increasing my ability to problem solve under pressure.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Patient's are not happy/healthy, confused about medical care and coverage.
fast pace, fun, enjoy, except for some unsatisfying encounter and favoritism in workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2015
I love what I do in, my typical day is very busy from the time I start to the time I leave, never a dull moment. Work load is heavy and certain co-workers are not professional.
Pros
show of appreciation from one of the management, benefits
Cons
On our feet too long, break too short, favoritism
OR is Awesome
RN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2015
The staff in the OR is fantastic on every shift. Call is a must, but there are always people willing to pick it up. People pull together to get cases done, and are generally very helpful. I enjoyed most of the managers.
Pros
Great Staff, many breaks, different kinds of cases
Cons
no room for advancement, several years of bonus freezes
I like it
medical imaging assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2015
I enjoy working at banner health the seemed organized and ready to take us in a better direction. the restructuring is very well thought out
the atmosphere has not changed much yet but i am sure it will .
Pros
better pay
Cons
leaving for school won`t get to see my raise
Its Awesome
Medical Imaging Assistant-Radiology Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
I love my job and I love the people I work with. Very rewarding atmosphere, work life balance is great. Its awesome. Thanks Banner
Fun place to work
Clinical informatics (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2015
Great people and atmosphere and good people, lots of opportunity to grow and take on new challenges. The people are nice and jobs are very challenging. Never a dull moment to explore new opportunities within the company.
Pros
Large infrastructure
Cons
Not a lot of options for parking
Was Good In The Beginning
EVS Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 26, 2015
When I first started, it was great.. I loved working with all different kinds of people, learned lots. However as time moved on, I knew there was something fundamentally wrong. The management doesn't know what their doing, at least in the department I was in. You heard time and time again to go through the chain of command, well that doesn't work at UMC. It can turn your life upside down, for the good benefits a person get's, it's really not worth it. HR even had problems when I was there, no one called back when I called.. Had no one to represent the department I was in. Save yourself some time and your sanity. Stay away from there until they can get in back on track.
Pros
great pay, benitfts, not a small work place
Cons
management, drama, full of lies
Patient scheduling with a focus on numbers.
Patent Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson,AZApril 2, 2015
• Scheduled patient appointments in multiple specialties.
• Relay patient’s messages to the physicians and insure the patient had a response in response within a reasonable time frame.
• Verify and update insurance and patient demographics as needed.
HIM likes to Bully staff
Data Analyst II (Former Employee) –  River Road campus, Tucson, ArizonaFebruary 8, 2015
Co workers great people.

I learned that management likes to bully and shame others when they feel someone may know more than they do.
I worked there over 10 years. I know of co workers that were shamed and bullied which caused a lot of anxiety in their personal life. I heard management bragging about how certain people were pushed out.
Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 1, 2015
Innovative facility and supportive management. Environment is welcoming. As a new employee I had an extensive training period and ample time to learn my job
Pros
good reputation
Cons
employee parking is kind of far
Sorority- you are in only if management "likes" you
patient services specialist III (Former Employee) –  main campusOctober 18, 2014
Managment is allowed to pick and choose based on popularity and not work performance. Backstabbing and gossip are the norm. Pay is low. Allowing 28 year olds with minimal expetience to manage units is not working. Many great employees have left because managment is falling apart and company is in HUGE debt because of bad decisions.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management incompentency
Working there was like working with family
Secretary III/ Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2014
I would start the day printing sched. for the office staff and from there I would help patients get ready for their exam,Data entry, Giving results to patients, Pushing and burning xray images to CDs or doctors work stations, Scanning patient info. into Phillips system, QC reports and letters for doctors and patients.
I work very well with all my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was keeping everything running smoothly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients and co - workers.
Fun fast-paced Trauma Center
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 1, 2014
Daily the staff had an outline of the surgeries to performed and staff had to be flexible to accommodate any traumas that came into the Operating Room. My manager and co-works were always there to support and offer assistance if needed. Once I became accustom to the life of the Operating Room I did not find much difficulty at work. Having a successful operation and knowing we made a change for the better in person's life.
Cons
very little brakes for the surgical techs
Professional and fun workplace.
Echosonographer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2014
The University of Arizona Health network is a great place to work. They perform very detailed procedures and extensive reporting. The most up to date technology and equipment is used. Everyone works as a team and are very helpful to one another. I would recommend this hospital as a workplace to anyone.
Very fast paced
Support Services (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2013
A typical work day was fast paced & never a dull moment. I learned all types of new things for working at this hospital, mainly about diseases, & the way hospitals work. Some managers were okay at this job not very worker friendly but others were very polite & knew what to say. Co-workers were always fun to be around with & work with.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management
Very Flexible and Friendly environment
Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 6, 2012
No all departments are the same but at least the one I work at is great. Manager is very flexible with personal issues as working hours, I have learned so much there. They have great career advancement opportunities.
Pros
flexibility, telecommuting
Cons
health insurance usage within their network
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 1, 2013
My job was a good experience, their was always good teamwork. I learned how to deal with different kind of patients. My managers were always their when we needed something. My hardest moments were losing patients. My most enjoyable part was interacting with patients
Pros
meeting alot people, teamwork

Banner University Medical Center Reviews by Location