Banner University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with but hours were extremely long
Culinary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2016
Management not unified within the same department, employees had to pay for their food, discounted, in the Culinary Department, weekly schedules were not posted far enough in advance and schedules varied too often. The hours were extremely long.
Pros
I liked my management peers
Cons
Too many hours
Was a great place to work
Customer Care Representative I (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2016
This was a great and fast past job needing to be organized and willing to work hard. I learned things regarding medical and health insurance. The management team was helpful. We worked as a team. Is not being able to assist the customer. Being able to help the customer and hearing them be happy.
Pros
Learning everyday
Cons
Unable to assist
Has potential
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2016
This job has the potential to be a great job. it has a chance to be rewarding job. The job itself is good because of the duties of helping patients, visitors and staff in whatever they need help with. Keeping the hospital safe is very rewarding feeling. However, management needs a change. Management needs to show that they care and they need to treat everyone across the board fairly.
Pros
Pay is decent, the people, helping people
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Only out west
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 26, 2016
Prestigious place of employment. Name isn't well known throughout the United States. Opportunities for advancement. Becoming a monopoly in AZ which is not necessarily a good thing because it doesn't provide enough marketplace competition.
Great company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 29, 2016
Our company just switched to Banner and so far there is not much to complain about. They are open to ideas for change, even from the "lowest" of employees. They attempt to show they care for their employees. Benefits & compensation is competitive.
Good Job
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 28, 2016
Good workers good employees but some of the employees can be very rude. What I didn't daily that basis is clean room sanitize the whole room sanitize the bathroom on the floor make the bed clean the walls. Employees at Friendly some of them the nurses and the doctors are pretty nice some of them
not a good company
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2016
not a good company, would not recommend to others, however probably similar to other hospitals in the valley. the pay is average, the leadership only cares about corporate measures
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 1, 2017
co-workers make the stressful nights a little easier, great team work, amazing managers and supervisors, friendly environment, many opportunities to learn more.
Was Good In The Beginning
EVS Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 26, 2015
When I first started, it was great.. I loved working with all different kinds of people, learned lots. However as time moved on, I knew there was something fundamentally wrong. The management doesn't know what their doing, at least in the department I was in. You heard time and time again to go through the chain of command, well that doesn't work at UMC. It can turn your life upside down, for the good benefits a person get's, it's really not worth it. HR even had problems when I was there, no one called back when I called.. Had no one to represent the department I was in. Save yourself some time and your sanity. Stay away from there until they can get in back on track.
Pros
Great Pay, Benitfts, Not a small work place
Cons
Management, Drama, Full of lies
hard working lay staff, terrible management staff
reimbursement accounting (Former Employee) –  various clinic'sApril 21, 2013
UAHNis has great benefits with limited pay structure comparable to what one would expect in Tucson more or less, what makes this place incredibly difficult to work for are the managers & upper management. people that have worked there for years and have been promoted, and why, to a management position as they have limited leadership and management skills. The nurse review is correct in that if you're in you are in and if you disagree with management you are definitely out. I have never before worked for such a large entity where management is so disagreeable bordering on deceit & hateful. if this place would eliminate and replace managers appropriately as often as lay staff it might have a better reputation in Tucson. Many people work tbere only because of the great benefits. They put up with so much just for the benefits.
benefits
Cons
vague inconsistent leadership and mismanagement
great hospital to work at
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2016
I have worked there for four years and have learned a lot. It is one of the oldest hospitals in the valley and now they combined with University of Arizona which will open many opportunities for healthcare professionals to pursue education.
fast pace, fun, enjoy, except for some unsatisfying encounter and favoritism in workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2015
I love what I do in, my typical day is very busy from the time I start to the time I leave, never a dull moment. Work load is heavy and certain co-workers are not professional.
Pros
show of appreciation from one of the management, benefits
Cons
On our feet too long, break too short, favoritism
I like it
medical imaging assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2015
I enjoy working at banner health the seemed organized and ready to take us in a better direction. the restructuring is very well thought out
the atmosphere has not changed much yet but i am sure it will .
Pros
better pay
Cons
leaving for school won`t get to see my raise
An Awesome place to work!
Research Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2015
Loved my job, fun place to work with supportive management. Learned a lot from my colleagues. Got alone really well with my current and previous supervisors. The hardest part was everybody left, the department moved far away and the position eliminated. The enjoyable part of the job was I loved and enjoyed what I was doing. Grew close to my patients, coworkers and supervisors.
Pros
Flexible, great pay and awesome office
Cons
N/A
Challeging and open to other oppunities working in a hospital enviroment, great place to imporve customer service skills
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2015
I like that this job because it has stable hours and options for different shifts to accommodate to your life. I learned how to service patients and make a difference in people lives especially in a ambiguous and complex environment. This job engages employees like myself in improving individual and team performance.
Its Awesome
Medical Imaging Assistant-Radiology Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
I love my job and I love the people I work with. Very rewarding atmosphere, work life balance is great. Its awesome. Thanks Banner
OR is Awesome
RN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2015
The staff in the OR is fantastic on every shift. Call is a must, but there are always people willing to pick it up. People pull together to get cases done, and are generally very helpful. I enjoyed most of the managers.
Pros
Great Staff, many breaks, different kinds of cases
Cons
no room for advancement, several years of bonus freezes
If you're in... you're in. If you're not... look out
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 23, 2012
To succeed here, you need to be a member of the sorority. The administrators in this medical center are extremely catty and difficult to work with. They offer minimal support otther than lip service, yet are critical (usually behind one's back) of anything varing from their idea of acceptable. For example, they boast "we want to know what you think of our service". Then they cut staffing in half and there is no one available to address any concerns. This becomes everyone else's fault as they accept no ownership of their problems. This may be why the satisfaction scores are in the toilet.
Regretfully, many of the staff here are extremely hard working, dedicated and compassionate, and find a way to do their job in spite of poor leadership. Sadly, their work is stifled by the clowder in administration. Until that changes... nothing changes.
Pros
several outstanding individuals on the front line
Cons
lack of trust, lack of leadership, arrogance
Sorority- you are in only if management "likes" you
patient services specialist III (Former Employee) –  main campusOctober 18, 2014
Managment is allowed to pick and choose based on popularity and not work performance. Backstabbing and gossip are the norm. Pay is low. Allowing 28 year olds with minimal expetience to manage units is not working. Many great employees have left because managment is falling apart and company is in HUGE debt because of bad decisions.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management incompentency
Productive day and always get along with my co-workers
Clinical Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Health PlansTucson, AZJuly 15, 2015
Everyday I prepare for my deliverables that are due to AHCCCS and Medicare. I don't like to procrastinate. I help other co-workers with excel spreadsheets. I learn and have to manage my time not to miss a deadline. I am learning sequel report writing at this time. I enjoy working and keeping busy and learning what comes my way and help others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Banner University Medical Center Reviews by Location