Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews

At one time very concerned about progression of staff
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2016
Major changes over the last years. Significant changes in the New York Branch. Branch and Broker/dealer to separate part of a financial situations
Pros
good location
Cons
new managment different corporate values
Productive and Fun workplace, with breakfast for all every Friday.
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Work was productive and fun; with breakfast for all every Friday, and movie tickets at half the price. I learned to work as a team, and think out of the box, especially working with many different people with different background made it just as fun to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team to meet deadlines, the hardest part of the job was saying goodbye, because all of operations was outsource to Canada.
Pros
Allow to go to gym during lunch brake.
Cons
My job ended.
Amazing internship for a future HR professional
Human Resource Department Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Despite my short internship of four months, my experience at NBOC was one of the most beneficial to me and the future of my career. I was assigned tasks and given guidance while at the same time allowed autonomy in my approach. It meant so much to me that an intern could be trusted to generate ideas and come up with my own solutions. By far, my favorite assignment was to redesign their attendance tracking method. I was able to play around with Excel and use my own discretion to create a functional attendance tracking record that the company would end up using even after I was gone. I was able to support NBOC in the on-boarding process for a few new hires and I took what I learned from that experience with me to my current job as an HR Assistant at Western Connecticut State University. I was able to learn about compliance laws, common HR forms, archiving, and more. Management was always there to answer my questions and they weren't afraid to trust me with important assignments. My co-workers were extremely helpful and welcoming, which was an ongoing theme in the company culture. My internship in the summer of 2013 was so amazing that I went back for the summer of 2014 as well.
BNC National Bank provided us with nice office and good products that we could offer our clients.
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 11, 2014
There were no typical work days in the Mortgage business. Each day was different and you need to be able to perform the tasks of the day.

Some of the duties with my position are any of the items listed below:

• Work with home buyers providing with the education, answers, and finances to purchase their new home
• Provided all Loan Programs: Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, IL & IA Bond Programs
• Train all of the new realtors in Mortgage Financing for the QC Realtor Association
• Attended XINNEX Mortgage Academy of Excellence – 400 hours of training (While at Cherry Creek).

Since this was very similar to previous job positions, I had already been trained and prepared for my "typical" day at work. However when you work with Mortgage loans you continue to learn everyday. Each day was different and that make the job interesting. The normal day for me would consist any of the above items.

The most enjoyable part of this job was assisting home buyers achieve their goals and working with them to make sure that buying there new home was as smooth as possible.
Pros
Enjoyed the work
Cons
Our branch was not meeting our production goals, I was unaware until after I started, It is of grave concern now.
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILOctober 10, 2014
A typical day consists of cashing checks and making deposits. A lot of cash handling is involved. We were also responsible for balancing the ATM and Vault.
Pros
Great co-workers, it is fun to get to know the customers.
Cons
Long hours, Little to no time off, poor compensation. No room for advancement.
Always something new to learn.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, NDJune 29, 2014
I love working in National Bank as we all work in a team , always have warm and friendly environment. Flexible hours of work.Job security and good bonus.
I enjoyed expanding my work history.
Teller Supervisor trained Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 16, 2014
Trained Branch Manager.
Teller Supervisor.
Trained tellers.
Balanced vault.
Ordered vault money.
Worked teller window.
Performed Audits.
Balanced ATM machine.
Met some wonderful and some not so wonderful customers.
Pros
I loved every minute of my job.
Cons
Having to leave job to move
Organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  pakistanApril 14, 2014
Good place to work in there but they still have the manual system of operations.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Small town friendly service, a grat place to work.
Teller - Process (Former Employee) –  Williams, AZMarch 30, 2014
Although Williams is a small town, National Bank provided excellent customer service to everyone.
Pros
Execellent team building workshops
Cons
not enough pay, winters were rough.
Best job so far!
Commercial Lending Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2014
This was the best job, by far, that I had. Management was extremely supportive, benefits were generous and compensation was fair. There were opportunities for advancement and learning and the job culture was fun, productive and exciting.

Want to know more about Banque Nationale Du Canada?

Ask a question
A very serious but welcoming places to be.
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2014
a day at the bank, open the vault count the reserve make sure every teller will take and count their bank, at any time of the day we will audit their bank as well as the transaction, uploaded the computer and deal with customers financial situations face to face some trying to help other to make them understand, management was always supportive, co-workers were very knowledgeable friendly customer oriented and fun to work with the hardest part of the job was not able to help a client the most enjoyable part of the job when you closing went smooth
Pros
learned about finances services
Cons
Always to be on the look out.
Bnc
Sr. Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park , KS July 6, 2013
We are 100 % commission, with a recoverable draw after the first 30 days. Our compensation was based on our total closed loan volume for the month, with quarterly bonuses. Since our Overland Park division was a brand new office in the Kansas City area, we had to adjust to the operations turn times, based on capacity and volume. I managed the loan process, from point of sale to closing. I enjoyed being able to assist my clients in finding the right loan program that met their specific financial needs. This would include informing each customer of the benefits the government insured VA loans provided and reviewed the current qualifications for obtaining a VA mortgage.
Pros
Streamlined Operational System
Cons
Common growing pains of a new branch and ovrenight increased volume
 Solid experience in testing of business applications in web based client/server for Pharmacy/Healthcare, Banking, Finance, Mortgage and Retail.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN June 25, 2013
 Over 5 years of IT experience in software Testing and systems management - including analysis, development, Testing, implementation and documentation.
 Diversified experience as a QA Analyst in Client\Server, Web Applications using Manual testing Techniques and Automated Testing Tools with emphasis on Functional, System, integration, Regression & Performance Testing.
 Involved in the all phases of testing life cycle starting from Requirements Analysis, Feasibility Study, Effort Estimation, Project Planning (QA Activities), Test Design, Test Execution of Test Suite, Requirement Traceability matrix, Defect Management (Tracking & Reporting) and Test Metrics Reporting.
 Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Test Methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, Spiral Models.
 Demonstrated excellence in creating and developing Test Plans, Test cases and Test scripts.
 Expertise in writing, maintaining and executing Test Strategies, Test procedures, Test plans, Test Cases, Test Results and generating software defect reports.
 Experience in performing Back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries. To retrieve data from SQL Server and ORACLE Databases and proficient in executing Unix Commands
 Specialized in testing Web, GUI (Graphic user Interface) networking and On-line client server GUI applications.
 Expertise in conducting Functional, Regression, Integration, System and User Acceptance Testing.
Fast paced growing business environment with constant customer service and organization skills.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NDJanuary 7, 2013
BNC National Bank in Stanley, North Dakota is currently growing everyday because of the large oil boom that is expanding in the area. We retained customer privacy while effectively handling high-dollar transactions daily. I maintained large amounts of work in a high pressure environment, which taught me to work fast and accurately. This position was very busy, but very enjoyable. The most challenging part was the management was very unorganized.
Pros
seeing satifcation in our loyal clients
Cons
rarely had breaks during a full work day
Profitable company with good values and a good future.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Radford, VANovember 14, 2012
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the customers to satisfy their banking needs.
Pros
good job security.
Cons
compensation is low with no incentive pay.
Lots of freedom but little support
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 18, 2012
Office is geographically far from BNC hub (Phoenix, AZ), and thus we did not receive much support from the company. Processing was not efficient, and there was little marketing support since we were the branch farthest from the home office.
Pros
freedom of hours and time
Cons
very little support from management, home office.
Great workplace!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Altamont, ILAugust 15, 2012
I loved working here. The only reason I left was because there wasnt much opportunity for advancement. The manager worked around everyone's schedule and understood that we all had a life outside of work. I was givin the opportunity to learn many valuable skills as there was always something new I could be learning.
Pros
hours, benefits, great "hometown" bank
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Fun people, Great Environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, WIJune 28, 2012
Its a great bank to work for, people there ar awsome. the bank lacks of an update on the computer systems, (still using Ms-DOS). For the rest is a great place to start and ascend.
Pros
salary, people, management
Cons
system, it
hardwork, analysis, customer service
Jr. finance officer (Former Employee) –  pakistanApril 2, 2012
The best part of the job was to deal with different kind of customers and solving their problems.
Great employer
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2012
NBOC was a great place to work. However they sold US offies to PNC Business credit.
Pros
wonderful benefits & time off
Cons
business was sold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banque Nationale Du Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

Banque Nationale Du Canada Reviews by Location