Banyan Health Systems Employee Reviews

Excellent place to learn about mental health community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 11, 2017
The working days were very busy, I learned about different kinds of mental health disorders. The management would hire the friend of their friends. The workplace culture was mostly Spanish speakers.
The hardest part of the job was trying to calm some patients that were inpatient. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we were all team players.
Pros
No raises or bonus
Cons
We helped each other.
Lead receptionist
Lead receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2017
Overall great work environment. Management always willing to assist with any needs. Great place to begin your career, and gain experience. Personally had a great experience.
good place
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2017
Banyan is a good place to work, i enjoy it very much. I do wish we were paid better and received better benefits. Would make my experience working here much better.
Good place to learn for newer clinicians, no place to stay
Behavioral Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2017
You will learn a lot here. However, they have a lot of meetings, you're considered an independent contractor and they pay a different rate for meetings than other services performed. Problems occur when meeting are frequent, they start late, then they only want to pay you for the hour. Your case load ends up being 2x what is originally stated when interviewing.
Pros
Great immediate supervisor
Cons
Overworked, too many meetings
Decent
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 14, 2017
Maintains a professional demeanor at all times. Becomes knowledgeable of E.D.specific behaviors, food rituals and dress restrictions as per policy and complies with these requirements. Participates with all training activities and maintains own log of training received.
Excellent place to acquire experience
Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern (RMHCI) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I believe Banyan is an excellent place to acquire experience in the mental health field. The population you see at Banyan, I'm sure you will not find anywhere else. The coworkers are amazing and very helpful.
Sadly, Banyan only offers PTO benefits to office employees. Therapist or case managers are hired per diem. Health insurance is extremely expensive.
Pros
population, location and co-workers
Cons
no PTO benefits, expensive health insurance
Great workplace with great coworkers
Supervisor of Health Information Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2017
This is a good organization that is working to get better. During my time there I came into a difficult situation that I was supported in changing and was recognized for my efforts along the way.
Pros
Healthcare coverage. Coworkers. Fulfillment.
Cons
Commute to work.
Very desorganize company
Director of Integrated Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2016
Very poor communcation between upper management and employees, that brings a lot of confusion in the lower levels of management and in the employes as consequence.
no no
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. Good colleagues and co-workers, but the spirit of the company , the management is awful, they treat you as if you are guilty before you could say anything.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
everything else
Rehabilitation
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2016
Poor on the job training
over worked the staff to client ratio is unfair
I learned to be mean and say no
the individuals have the say of whats being done
good
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2015
overall good work environment, friendly staff, room for growth, flexible schedule, work environment good however not very well structured must obtain discipline to make own schedule and must have good organizational skills
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
driving
Great Environment for Professionals in the field of Mental Health
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2015
Fun place to work and supportive management. Room for professional growth.Comapny takes care of employees, pleasant and wonderful learning experience.
Pros
Gas Stipend
Cons
Evening and weekend hours required at times.
Productive and effective workplace
case manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland ParkAugust 25, 2015
I obtained a lot of knowledge working with the company as far as how to care for others and attend to their needs. I learned a lot of different resources that are available in the community.
Pros
Free Life insurance
Cons
Work a lot
Unstable Working Environment
Area General Manager for Residential Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2015
BHS is an organization which is struggling to find itself and accomplish their vision. The organizations leaders are the major problem within their infrastructure. They continue to run a corporate organization as one of a mom and pop shop. Turn over is extremely hire and the employee culture is misrable.
Pros
Pay is a plus for the short life span of ones position
Cons
Over worked, poor clinical decision making due to financial issues and poor management.
Too complicated
Targeted Case Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 25, 2015
Unnecessary documentation, reporting, and meeting that would result in employee burnouts. Some departments were trying to optimize to the detriment of other departments. Employees were micromanaged and expected to know every aspect of the daily changes in policies in the company.
Pros
Free certifications
Cons
Different policies in every unit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banyan Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7