Banyan Medical Systems, Inc. is located in Omaha, Nebraska. We produce, sell and support custom Healthcare IT solutions including Integrated OR Solutions and Single Sign on Portal software. BMS is an innovative Healthcare IT integrator looking for dynamic, energetic, accountable, and highly self-motivated individuals to join our team.
Banyan Medical Systems Field Service Engineers provide on-site preventative and corrective maintenance service including installation, network troubleshooting, and HW break fix. Candidate must have excellent people skills and be able to perform applications training. Candidate must be able to work flexible hours, and perform on-call duties. This position will be a Lincoln, NE home-based position.
- Provide on-site technical support for BMS products installed in several different hospitals and orthopedic clinic rooms.
- Provide remote phone-based technical support for additional sites when needed.
- Perform timely completion of service reports using various issues tracking software.
- Configure and customize all BMS software products according to customer request.
- Conduct preventative and routine maintenance service guidelines and execute it.
- Assess installation and integration of different hardware devices within server racks.
- Validate on – site installation of hardware and software before go live.
- Perform on-site preventative and break-fix support for BMS customer base.
- Participate in all site planning meetings and all installation activities.
- Complete service reports to account for billable and non-billable hours.
- Track all installed assets in service database.
- Represent BMS on a long term basis and drive customer retention.
- Aid in the identification of potential indirect sales leads for BMS.
- Provide additional on-site training to customers in order to improve knowledge of Banyan’s software solution in a clinical setting.
- Provide guidance and ensure corporate compliance with FDA regulatory requirements.
- Participate/assist in the development and maintenance of Banyan’s Quality Management System.
- Participate in guiding process improvement efforts.
- Potential travel up to 20-40%
- Duties listed above are not all-inclusive and can be modified verbally or in writing by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical qualifications in electrical engineering/Information Technology.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of hospital-based or Healthcare setting.
- Experience in service and maintenance of high end medical/IT equipment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Solid hardware, software and network skills a must
- Medical experience a must
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- CBET certification preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations is preferred, but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs.
*Please note- We genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Banyan Medical Systems, however due to the volume of applications that we receive, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.