Baptist Health Floyd Employee Reviews

Great benefits and second family
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 11, 2017
I definitely enjoyed this company. It was a second family. If health field is for you, its always changing and you will never have a dull day. The benefits are great for working in a hospital.
Pros
Health Benefits
Laboratory very poor
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 5, 2017
I made a mistake and left a good job to work here because I am in nursing school and I made that clear at the interview. After starting I got no days off and I was only hired for 40 hrs bi weekly. Thus not getting to go to school. When other shifts call in or are continuously late you are expected to stay and help. They have 2 different policies of course for different phlebotomist. You work short staffed and don't get meal breaks. Management and Director of lab gets made and take pay away if you bring anything to they're attention about what is going on. You will get fired if you don't come in on your weekend off because others call in. I would not recommend this place. They will tell you what you want to hear only to get you there and then they will tell you they can't work with you.
Pros
Cons
No meal breaks, work short, get reprimanded for telling them there is problems, take pay away and won't work with school schedule
Great Place to work and learn
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INFebruary 9, 2017
I learned a lot while I was there, loved my co workers. I am actually trying to go back to work there now. Things were fast paced at some times but it kept us busy which was nice.
Food and Nutrition
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 30, 2017
Other than great people to work with, this kitchen or cafeteria are not ran efficiently. I would stay away, half of the staff are job hunting. The management is a disaster, both the dietitians and the kitchen supervisors. It is not worth it.
Pros
Friends
Cons
The kitchen bully
smaller hospital
Surgical Technician/Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INDecember 30, 2016
this is a smaller hospital that was just recently bought by Baptist health. It is a good place to work. They have a great group of doctors that work at this facility
Great place to work!!!!!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 28, 2016
I have worked at Baptist Health Floyd for over 10 years in the Food and Nutrition Department. Baptist Health Floyd is a great place to work. I feel like I have found my home. It is like a community here at the hospital with very caring co-workers and with upper management that is trying to do what is best for all. We have an awesome CEO who truly cares.

Working in the food and restaurant business is always stressful due to the nature of the job, but I find working at the hospital much more rewarding and beneficial than restaurants. A hospital is much stricter than a restaurant due to HFAP and Indiana State guidelines, but the hospital has much more to offer. I enjoy coming to work to see my co-workers, and I enjoy helping make the patients' day by doing my part to provide them good, healthy food. We have good benefits, and our hospital is always trying to improve. This hospital and the food and nutrition department has expanded and improved immensely in the past 10 years. We have a newly remodeled kitchen and cafeteria, and we have some of the best food ever in a hospital. A job in food and nutrition is a great way to get your foot in the door, especially if you are going to school for a clinical job.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers, and the community feeling I get by working here.
Cons
Stricter policies due to health care; hospital is always open, have to work holidays
Great job!
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 23, 2016
I work in the food and nutrition department and I think it's a great job. I've been there for a while, and though its has its ups and downs like most jobs, overall it's good. Management and supervisors are nice and always willing to help. Everyone works well together, it's like a family. I would highly recommend applying, especially if you are trying to get your foot in the door with healthcare. It's a great place to start.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedules
Cons
Can be very busy at times
Nice place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 10, 2016
Very busy co-workers are nice the hardest part of the job is the stress at times. I learned how to draw blood. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients and getting to know the patients
Pros
affordable lunches
Cons
healthcare benefits not so good
Secruity
staff, and visitors (Current Employee) –  New Albany INOctober 27, 2016
Enjoy every part of my job. I have learned a lot in my time here. Management has changed sum but for the better . My normal day is keeping aware of the hospital and area.
very prductive and organized
RN Student (Former Employee) –  New AlOctober 14, 2016
It was great having clinical there, all the nurses have helped us learn so much! It has been a wonderful experience being able to work hands on with other nurses who are very willing to help. Doctors have even explained different procedures to me as well while we attend.
Stay Away
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INSeptember 27, 2016
High school environment that is encouraged by management. Management is more worried about meetings than patient care. Don't expect the management personnel to be visible when the workload is heavy.
Stay away!
Pros
Punching out
Cons
Punching in.
Great Place to work and Learn
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 19, 2016
I learned a lot for working here and have become a better person. Management is very friendly and encouraging and willing to help with what you need. My co-workers have become my second family.
Floyd Memorial Hospital Is A Good Employer
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 17, 2016
People there are willing to teach new people, although it is a very busy hospital environment. However, there is a lot of turnover on the Medical/Surgical Floor.
long busy workdays
CNA (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 3, 2016
care for all patients on unit
bathe them, walk them, care for them in all aspects.
I have learned you constantly stay busy.
I think management is okay.
Hardest part of my job is the hours.
Not a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MipsJune 6, 2016
Unfortunately. I made the mistake to accept a position on MIPS! There are brand new inexperienced nurses running the show and I would not take my dog there to be treated. Management is extremely poor and there is no job protection @ all! Witnessed so much wrong doings I could write a book! Hopefully, if Baptist Healthcare comes through hopefully will be their "Savior! The ER staff is extremely rude and non caring and their ER Doctors basically admit anybdy just for profits, not needing to be hospitalized. What a "Journey" it was to work there!
turn over
Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMay 23, 2016
poor management in emergency department and throughout
high turn over rates, nursing and tech wise
hr turns the other cheek even when 25+ experience RNs resign from ED within a year
Management is poor
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 28, 2016
I received on the job bulling after I witnessed some on the job incrimanating acts and when I reported it, the bulling only got worse by coworkers and management.

There is NO diversity at this company, if you don't believe me just look around when or if your there.
Employees are VERY cliquish and don't care about what's important which is the job.

The nurses are fresh out of school and that's ok but no one is watching over them so unnecessary mistakes are being made.
I'll never refer any of my friends to work there, I was there for ten years before I left.

The best thing I ever done, I still have my pride and dignity.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Its possible you could lose your morels and dignity
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 18, 2015
My externship at Floyd Memorial has been a great experience. The staff are always willing to teach. The emergency department is just large enough to gain a wide variety of skills while still being able to get to know the staff. They take a real interest in seeing their students succeed. I have learned about Ekg, phlebotomy, cathers, sterile and non sterile technique.
a lot of negative changes in management and patient care in past 3 years
Surgery Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 2, 2015
I have been with this company longer than any other employer, 15.5 years. It used to be great. I used to be proud. But due to recent management changes, economical changes and job structuring, it is not the same. I used to highly recommend this company to anyone for services or employment. Now I am hesitant to do so.

I enjoy that my hours have always been flexible to work around my family needs. But recently my hours have been cut back to the point I can no longer pay for or qualify for company health insurance.
Pros
location
Cons
self centered management
productive and exciting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INOctober 4, 2015
Most days are a pretty steady paced. Everyday you learn something new and exciting.I think management lacked some professionalism.I only had one co- worker close in my area and we worked well as a team. The hardest part is when the DEA told patient that they would be required to see the doctors every three months for schedule two drugs.The most enjoyable part was the people who you got to know while they had blood work weekly.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of vacation time
Cons
dealing with patients that are upset about pain management rules for the DEA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health Floyd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8