Baptist Health Floyd Employee Reviews

Up-beat, fast paced
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, IN 47150June 8, 2017
I learned a lot of information. I enjoyed how much I got to see and observe. great learning experience. Management was good. The hardest part of the job was time management, when you have a busy team and other things that are required to be done it can get tricky
Loved this job
Information Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJune 7, 2017
I loved working at FMH and miss it dearly! The volunteers are so nice and kind and I wish I still worked there. I only left because of relocation, but I do miss it.
Wonderful place to work and provides excellent patient care.
CPhT (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJune 6, 2017
I loved working at Bapist Health, formerly Floyd Memorial Hospital. I compounded I.V. Antibiotics and chemo. I learned how to work hard and found my love for hospital pharmacy while employed here. The management had a lot of resources in place to help their employees and patients succeed in their goals. The culture was that it takes every single employee to make a hospital run and not one person was above the other. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and strenuous work. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and of course making a difference in patient care.
Pros
Encouraged to thrive
Cons
Long hours.
good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJune 6, 2017
good place to work. could use stronger management. loved the people and patients. get a lot of green food from drug reps. laid back setting. fun. rewarding
Pros
free lunches alot
Cons
hard to advance
Team centered work environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INMay 30, 2017
Friendly and patient centered environment.
Continuous opportunity to learn new skills.
Excellent employee benefits.
Active management team.
Excellent employee recognition
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Short breaks
Associate communication encouraged
CBX Switchboard Operator Part Time (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMay 17, 2017
A good place to work, but the scheduled hours are long.
Managers are accessible at all times.
Associate input is encouraged, and suggestions are encouraged.
Pros
Great cafeteria food at reasonable prices, free parking
Cons
Switchboard operators cannot leave workstation for lunches or breaks
poor communication
OUTPATIENT ACCESS (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INMay 1, 2017
Very poor communication between leaders and employees. No one knew what handbook to use, between Floyd Memorial & Baptist Health. We were never given any type of handbook.
benefits
Cons
poor communication
Make a difference, one call at a time
CBX Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 27, 2017
The job as switchboard operator is stressful only because the operator is in charge during emergencies such as fire, various alerts and alarms, and weather emergencies. Handling those situations while continuing to answer the phones gets difficult at times. Working 12-hour shifts alone (nights and weekends) is either boring or stressful.
Pros
Good cafeteria food at discount prices, parking available, extra hours offered if wanted.
Cons
Operators don't get "breaks, lunches." It's an eat-at-your-desk situation.
good company
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES AIDE (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 26, 2017
I didn't mind my job. I was close to home. I had planned to become a processing tech in the future. However when my husband passed on here I decided it wasn't for my anymore.
Pros
close to home. good hours.
Cons
pay was low.
Great coworkers
Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 14, 2017
My co-workers are great. There is a culture of retaliation by upper management if one decides they refuse to tolerate the bully of food and nutrition. The dietitians will do nothing about it, but fire those who complain.
PCU Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 11, 2017
Great place to work in bed side nursing. Staff and management are always available to help each other in times of need. At times staffing is an issue but that's true of most facilities.
Horrible pay
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 10, 2017
Great place to work, great people to work with and it's a large hospital with many places to use skills but the pay and benefits are the worse I've seen in the whole state of Indiana for auxillary departments. You work understaffed but can't get staff in due to low pay. Baptist Health has made it clear they won't be competitive with area hospitals when it comes to pay and is forcing lots of people to leave.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Horrible pay scales for auxillary departments
Excellent work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 10, 2017
I loved working at Floyd. I worked on the Women's Care Unit and was able to cross train from labor and delivery to nursery as well. I learned many valuable assessment techniques and formed lasting co worker relationships.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
night shift
Horrible Place to work
Unit Secretary/ Transporter (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 6, 2017
Management was hardly ever there when you needed to speak with them. We were always short staffed which made the environment even more stressful than it already was. Majority of the people the people that did come to work would slack off and not do their jobs.
Great benefits and second family
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 11, 2017
I definitely enjoyed this company. It was a second family. If health field is for you, its always changing and you will never have a dull day. The benefits are great for working in a hospital.
Pros
Health Benefits
Laboratory very poor
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 5, 2017
I made a mistake and left a good job to work here because I am in nursing school and I made that clear at the interview. After starting I got no days off and I was only hired for 40 hrs bi weekly. Thus not getting to go to school. When other shifts call in or are continuously late you are expected to stay and help. They have 2 different policies of course for different phlebotomist. You work short staffed and don't get meal breaks. Management and Director of lab gets made and take pay away if you bring anything to they're attention about what is going on. You will get fired if you don't come in on your weekend off because others call in. I would not recommend this place. They will tell you what you want to hear only to get you there and then they will tell you they can't work with you.
Pros
Cons
No meal breaks, work short, get reprimanded for telling them there is problems, take pay away and won't work with school schedule
Great Place to work and learn
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INFebruary 9, 2017
I learned a lot while I was there, loved my co workers. I am actually trying to go back to work there now. Things were fast paced at some times but it kept us busy which was nice.
smaller hospital
Surgical Technician/Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INDecember 30, 2016
this is a smaller hospital that was just recently bought by Baptist health. It is a good place to work. They have a great group of doctors that work at this facility
Great place to work!!!!!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 28, 2016
I have worked at Baptist Health Floyd for over 10 years in the Food and Nutrition Department. Baptist Health Floyd is a great place to work. I feel like I have found my home. It is like a community here at the hospital with very caring co-workers and with upper management that is trying to do what is best for all. We have an awesome CEO who truly cares.

Working in the food and restaurant business is always stressful due to the nature of the job, but I find working at the hospital much more rewarding and beneficial than restaurants. A hospital is much stricter than a restaurant due to HFAP and Indiana State guidelines, but the hospital has much more to offer. I enjoy coming to work to see my co-workers, and I enjoy helping make the patients' day by doing my part to provide them good, healthy food. We have good benefits, and our hospital is always trying to improve. This hospital and the food and nutrition department has expanded and improved immensely in the past 10 years. We have a newly remodeled kitchen and cafeteria, and we have some of the best food ever in a hospital. A job in food and nutrition is a great way to get your foot in the door, especially if you are going to school for a clinical job.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers, and the community feeling I get by working here.
Cons
Stricter policies due to health care; hospital is always open, have to work holidays
Great job!
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 23, 2016
I work in the food and nutrition department and I think it's a great job. I've been there for a while, and though its has its ups and downs like most jobs, overall it's good. Management and supervisors are nice and always willing to help. Everyone works well together, it's like a family. I would highly recommend applying, especially if you are trying to get your foot in the door with healthcare. It's a great place to start.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedules
Cons
Can be very busy at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health Floyd. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval