Baptist Health South Florida

Baptist Health South Florida Employee Reviews

Lead Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Opportunity for growth within.
Great peers to work with.
Good compensation and benefits.
Feel comfortable with your job security.
Well known culture.
Bhsf
Physician Business Developement-Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaSeptember 11, 2015
BHSF is a healthcare organization that takes your breath away. Working with the community, physicians and peers is a pleasure. Its corporate culture is worth feeling proud about as I have had the honor to work for an organization that has ranked number 19 in the nation in Fortune Magazine.

I will miss everyone I have had the pleasure to work with, I take with me beautiful memories and will forever be thankful for the support and continuous career growth opportunities that were always available to me. I highly recommend BHSF as a place to work for that demonstrates on a daily basis intensely human practices.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, Salary, 403k, Credit Union, EAP, discount programs
Cons
NA
Baptist Health is the best place to be your best
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2016
The benefits offered by Baptist Health are excellent. The work environment is pleasant and conducive to productivity. We have access to learning tools, technical support, and guidance. Leadership is always available to listen and work to improve processes. Baptist is a shining star in the community. I have spent one decade building a career at BHSF, to go into the world of healthcare services to be a leader and feel accomplished. I am thankful for the opportunities and great times I've had working at Baptist Health South Florida.
Pros
Is an entity that is part of the community, and respects everyone.
Cons
Difficult to find career growth at this time.
Productive and fun work place.
Mechanic 3 (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 16, 2016
Baptist Health South Florida is a fun work place, I have learned so much on how to control all the Building plant system. Their management are very fair and they care for my development. My co-workers are the best they help me with the task at hand.The hardest part of the job was Maintaining 5 operation rooms running every day with air conditioning and keeping humidity under 70%. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of been part of the safety completion of all operation done to the patients. This great organization is on the top of my list and they treated me well.This has been one of the best company that I have worked fore.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
too many chief
Baptist Health is a great organization to work for.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at work starts with checking patients vital signs(I enjoy doing that). I learned to draw blood, remove IV's, foley catheters and emptied foley bags. My Managers were awesome. They treated me fairly and acted as leaders and not just bosses. My coworkers and I got along great. We understood the importance of team work. The hardest part of the job was having too many patients to care for at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was to provide excellent care to my patients.
Pros
I worked on several Units at the hospital, as such I learned a lot.
Cons
Too many patients and short breaks.
A Great Place to Work
Clinical Business Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 20, 2016
The benefits package is phenomenal! In my 10 years working for BHSF, I was able to maximize my benefits as far as getting my undergrad and grad school tuition assistance. I also used their first-time home buyers benefit program where I received $5,000 for the purchase of my first home and finally I accepted the Volunteer Separation Opportunity which allows for any employee at BHSF to leave the company voluntarily. In turn they receive a hefty severance package based on years of service.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, Work-Life Balance, On-Call Rotation, Limited growth
productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Working in very busy emergency department learned to deliver patient-family centered care utilizing evidence-based standards of quality, safety, and service. Use nursing process, assessment, planning, critical thinking, intervention, evaluation, communication and use technical skills. Prioritize and plan assignment to accomplish goals taking care of patient in emergency situations. Use delegation process to expedite patient care. Working in triage, in flex area, working quickly and efficiently under pressure to provide immediate care
Culturally diverse work place with great professional and personal attention
Appeals and Denial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLOctober 11, 2015
Homestead Hospital is a great environment to work in. They are understanding to work-life balance. Advancement can be challenging with it being who you know not always what you know.
Pros
diverse culture environment, work-life balance
Cons
advancement not always on what you know, rather who you know
BHSF Really Takes Care of Its Employees
Benefits Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 2, 2015
Huge promoter of work/life balance
Excellent benefits package
Overall wonderful organization
Culturally diverse

BHSF is truly a great company to work for, and the people are some of the best I have ever had the privilege to know and work alongside.
Pros
Too many to name
Cons
No room for growth in current position/department
Nice people, extremely low pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 22, 2016
I worked there as a Nursing Assistant. The load of work was incredible. You did not get a rest from the minute you got there at 7 am to minute you left at 7 pm. There were not enough CNA's and they had to divide all the rooms for the few that were present, giving each CNA 12 to 14 rooms to tend to, This included vital signs, charting, breakfast, cleaning patients, feeding them, running to the lab, taking samples, removing IV's, showering patients, sometimes taking them to their cars in wheelchairs, making the beds, lunch, vital signs again, glucose monitoring, charting again, run from one room to another with patient requests (I need the urinal, I want something to drink, I want a shower, change my channel, etc), dinner, vital signs, charting again.. They gave you half an hour to eat but would interrupt your dinner with requests to help patients. This all would be fine but the pay was 10.25 an hour, barely enough to survive.The nurses were wonderful, Doctors hardly ever saw them, if not to pop in and out in a rush, The floor Manager was the best, Kind and understanding. A pity the salary was so ridiculous because I loved caring for people.
Pros
Caring for people, Nice management team.
Cons
Low pay.
Excellent environment to work
Call Center and Insurance Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2015
Baptist offers great benefits and treats employees very well. This company offers job security in a changing industry.
The people are great!
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Baptist Health has great benefits, and the working conditions are vey good for nurses. Management tries to accommodate their staff to the best of their ability. I work with great people.
Fast paced and goal oriented. Concerned about its employees
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced and involves communicating with different departments as well as within one's own. Very good communication and cooperation amongst everyone. Managers and supervisors are accessible and encourage interaction with the employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not easy to change or advance. Takes a very long time to get hired.
excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2016
➢ Performing physical assessment, date collection of patient
➢ Interperteting ECG algorithm
➢ Administering medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions
➢ Coordinating care, in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
➢ Conducting follow ups with pending patient’s consults, made sure all adequate testing are performed while the patient was in my care
Very Good Company to work
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2016
Working for this company is great,specially they promote advancement and encourage school.
A typical day at work is hectic in the ER,n the last few months being so busy,right now the nurse patient ration has been 4 to 1,which makes it a very stressful.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
healthcare plan
Good stable place to work
Patient Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 23, 2015
Good life/work balance. The hospital is small so advancement can be difficult. Compensation is not as high as at other hospitals but the patient ratio is good, about 5-6 patients per nurse. Good clinical ladder advancement opportunities for the bedside nurse.
Good Place
Clinical Partner (CP) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2016
It's average but good. Estimated wait times are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. While your medical condition will be evaluated by a qualified health care professional after your arrival, The estimated wait time indicated is the average estimated time it will take for you to be seen by a treating medical professional (physician, nurse, practitioner or physician assistant.

Depending on your medical condition and that of other patients at the center, the estimated wait time can change since patients are seen based on the severity of their condition, and the more critical patients are seen first. This estimate is provided for information purposes only and cannot be guaranteed.
Excellent organization to be a part of
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2016
The culture here is family-oriented. Employees are generally happy. Management is very helpful and involved. My co-workers were truly bright, caring team players. Compensation and benefits are above average. Incentive for RN's to earn advanced degrees with reimbursement. Overall, a great place to learn, work and grow!
Pros
50% off for employees in cafeteria. Great food by the way...
Great Learning Experience
Wellness Manager of Employee Fitness (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Working for BHSF was a great leaning experience in the field of clinical exercise physiology and corporate wellness programs designed to keep employees healthy. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work and improve peoples lives on a day to day basis. I have been in my position long enough where at this point I have maxed out my growth potential and I am looking for more growth in my career.
Martine
Library Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2016
Baptist is a great place to work and it's friendly atmosphere and inviting experience to every work for this company. I have had a wonderful experience working for BHSF and I am leaving it for a another adventure for me and my family.
Pros
Benefits and friendly atmosphere
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health South Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3