Baptist Health Systems

Baptist Health Systems Employee Reviews

RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 24, 2015
Cafeteria food is yummy and cafeteria is clean
Easy parking
Clean hospital
Nice work environment
Supplies readily assessable
Co-workers are nice
Good to work wth until your third month
POOL (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: everyone wants to be a boss
expect up being up early having six different people telling you what to do team leads, supervisors, bosses, and lastly the director all of which who work in the same building

more people leave than they can manage to hire soo its sad when your schedule got you in places you never worked

but sometimes its chill mainly on weekends when all the bosses are away and not jumping and watching you
A not so pleasant atmosphere.
Phlebotomist / EKG Tech (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 2, 2015
Your experience at this company varies from department to department. The hospital is a 24 hour business and most managers fail to staff accordingly. The workers are overworked and understaffed.
One of the best places I had ever worked at.
Under the direction of lead nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 6, 2015
Always active and a fast pace environment. Working with some of the best nurses in the medical field. Bonding with patients and be able to help others. Pulling doubles was always the most difficult.
Common goals
Certified Nurse Aid/ Unit Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Nurses are great
Cons: pay not enough
Checked in on patients. Took care of patients basic needs toileting, bathing, ordering breakfast; lunch; or dinner. Hardest part was being on your feet for 12 hours. Loved working with nurses.
Medical Coding Specialist/Auditor for a Cardiology Department
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio,TxApril 12, 2015
Pros: Work stability and security
Cons: Benefits not too great
We have thousands of encounters that we code and audit on a regular basis. Inpatient and outpatient services, surgeries, and critical care, hospitalists, etc.
Overall rating is good.
Good place to work with good health benefits.
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 18, 2015
Baptist is a good place to work. I have had many good learning experiences while working here. I get along well with coworkers and management is always willing to listen to any concerns you may have. The hardest part of the job is getting involved with all the other departments in Baptist. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the variety of activities and people I am involved in on a daily basis. There is never a dull day.
Productive and amazing atomsphere
Patient Financial Representative II (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: employee wellnes
Cons: working graveyard shift
Baptist Health was an amazing place to be employed with. They treat their employees with great passion. I served with them for 5 years and for personal reasons had to bring myself to resign. I worked in admitting, maternity and the emergency department, along side great co-workers.
Great people to work for
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches. challenging work every day.
Cons: only 3 holidays off.
I worked in office for the first year and worked from home for the most part. I would fill-in at the office when needed. There were 45+ transcriptionist in our department. We were radiology, but got to get experience in cardiology as well as surgical procedures. It was a wonderful learning experience. We were a part of the hospital even though being remote. We were able to have outlook, instant messaging, and luncheons to see each other as well as conference calls. This is a good place to work. The department was closed due to outsourcing and voice recognition.
Everyone has a great attitude and good team work.
PCA/UNIT CLERK - Currently (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: smiling faces & small babies who are getting better.
Cons: multi tasking on a heavy day and there is only 1 unit clerk/pca me.
Depending on my duties that day I would say its pretty steady depending on our census. The hardest part of my day is when a baby expires. The best part is seeing and meeting new parents & knowing I make a difference when they call on me for things. I love all the Charge Nurses & they all know that they can depend on me.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FloridaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the benefits that are offered.
I love my Job and where i work. i am in the customer service field, work alot with different company vendors and a large variety of management team. everyday i have the opportunity to learn and grow. my co-workers are exellent, we are a team.

the hardest part of my job: there is no hard part

the most enjoyable: everyday.
excellent opportunities
IT Clinical Application Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 27, 2014
comprehensive benefits which include competitive pay with direct deposit, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, PTO package, paid holidays, 401(k), tuition reimbursement
Good Place To Work
Refund Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 11, 2014
Pros: little micro managing
Cons: holidays are not in a separte bucket. holiday time off is taken out of your eto
Work refunds, customer service, & bad addresses. Research accounts to make sure that the refunds needs to go back to the insurance company or to the patient. Work the refunds and make sure that refunds are done for Medicare in a timely matter. Management is good and the employees get alone with each other. We do weight loss challenges that encourage us to loss weight and to practice a healthier lifestyle.
I work w/ one of the best ENT/Head & Neck Surgeons
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, MSApril 23, 2014
Pros: being prn & working w/ a specific team
Cons: there isn't enough ent for me to work more than a couple of days
I work with an awesome ENT/Head & Neck Surgeon and we have a fabulous team. So a typical day at work for me consists of lots of FESS, T&A, Myringotomy w/ PE tube and of course some radical neck dissections/ thyroid procedures. The days I am not w/ my team, I help out 3 other ENT surgeons when needed. There are days I volunteer and go in and help in general surgery as well.
I am a people person and a team player, therefore, I have to say I have remarkable co-workers. Communication and teamwork is very important in the safety and well being of the patient. Having a positive attitude and keeping a drama free environment is very important to me in maintaining a professional atmosphere.
The most enjoyable part of my job, is knowing that I have contributed to and helped put in place the highest quality care and safety plan for the patient from the time they come in, until the time they go home. There should not be a hardest part of any job if you have teamwork and communication.
Productive, fast paced enviroment
HealthLine Advisor I (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2014
Take calls from patients in regards to scheduled appointments, Calling doctors offices to schedule patients with specialist and other procedures
Spirit of Health Care
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 20, 2014
Quality Service is given to patients and you have nice and friendly staff.
Productive,interesting,and loyal
Lab Assistant I (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: great job, friendly people and patients
Cons: not being able to help be apart of something great.
This was a great job. The management was great I worked in the lab my main focus was patient care. Making sure patient test were put in the correct area so they could be ran in a timely manner. Taking care of the patients was the best knowing I did something that could save some ones life was so fulfilling. The hardest part of the job was hearing about a sick patient that didn't make it or an over load in you work but we had a great team that always made a stressful situation a pleasant one. The most enjoyable part was knowing I played a part in helping save some one else life was a reward within its self..
CNA Duties
Certified Nurse Aid/ Unit Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxDecember 29, 2013
Pros: meeting people and nurses and learning medical terminology and facts
Cons: depends on the day
Would assist nurses with patients as efficiently as possible. If you are a people person its easy to get attached to some patients. Many nurses were great to work with and some were not. Your shifts are 12 hour shifts and can be very exhausting at times. I was on the telemetry floor, my suggestion if you are new to hospital enviornment as a CNA to start somewhere like ICU or ED.
very good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2013
Pros: the great staff that i work with
Cons: days where there is just not enough time in the day to even get a lunch
A typical day at work can be very busy but an enjoyable experience since I enjoy the challenge and contact with patients during patient care. It allows me to use my time management skills as well as employing my assessment and problem solving skills. I work with co-workers that I work very well with as a team and we compliment each other to make sure that all of our patients receive the best possible care. The hardest part is that the layout of our unit is somewhat divided as well as having two very different specialties on the same unit is a real challenge at times. All in all the job is enjoyable because of the good teamwork, respect from all, and the interaction with some very appreciative patients that give me a sense of accomplishment.
First management position
Corporate Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), TNOctober 25, 2013
I was fortunate enough to work at Baptist Health System in Knoxville and had a view of Neyland Stadium from my office window. Go Vols!

Baptist Health Systems Photos