Baptist Health Employee Reviews

All about the money now
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
No one cares about anything here anymore. Management only cares about fattening their wallets and doesn't care what it takes to achieve that goal. So many OSHA, and labor law violations it ridiculous. Its all swept under the rug so the employees cannot do anything about it. Manager's hire their friends and treat them to special privileges. Its n absolute pathetic work environment. Don't forget to follow that "chain of command" if you have a problem! You don't want your boss to get butt hurt by going over his pathetic wittle head. It wont matter anyway because even when your manager and director are both totally wrong and inappropriate HR wont do anything but tell your manager and director that you reported them. Thereby making your life even worse.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
corruption, no breaks, manager lets his buddies leave the property and not clock out, favortism, corruption
Productive Place
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Enjoyed working for the Baptist Health System. Everyday was always different. I enjoyed talking to all the different types of cultures that I would encounter with on a daily basis.
Hope for the Best
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Powderly, KYJanuary 17, 2017
Hopefully once the clinic becomes comfortable with Epic the transition will provide patients with exceptional care. We need to put patient care first.
Fun place to work at.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2017
At this job your main duty is helping people with different things that they need. If you are a person who loves helping people this would be a good place to get some volunteer hours in.
Pros
You get to help others.
Cons
You don't get paid.
Great place but fair benefits
Environmental Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2017
The pay of some employees was unfair and the amount paid for benefits was extremely expensive. Owned by tenet (one of the largest healthcare industries in the U.S.) made the difference. I've worked in other hospitals and the pay and benefits there are outstanding.
Best place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2017
The culture is exceptional and the people as a whole are great people. My time at Baptist has opened my eyes to see what a quality organization looks like. If you have a decent job offer to work for Baptist Health of Kentucky, take it. You will not regret doing so.
Fun fast paced environment, engaging and rewarding.
Registered Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 9, 2017
A full work day involves taking all assigned patients STATS, such as vitals, food in-take and out-takes. This job is a reward in itself for being able to help families and individual heal and get better. Also you are always discovering a new part of yourself that you never knew you had. The hardest part about this job is that you can not save everyone. However knowing that you did the best you can and knowing that it is okay to live with that gives me courage to be myself everyday.
Pros
Schedule is made for the entire month
Cons
There are no holidays in healthcare
Great Management
Ambulatory Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2017
-As a care coordinator for Baptist Physician Partners I've learned a great deal about patient care, and the importance of well coordinated transitional care in improving patient outcome.
-The management is the best I've worked. They are caring, and engaging, and always ensure that I had all the tools to be successful at my job.
-If it were not for military responsibilities I would not have left the company.
Customer Service Team
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 8, 2017
The Customer Service Team is very knowledgeable and considerate as coworkers and as representatives handling multiple patient questions and concerns at a high pace in the business office. Team members are motivated and conscientious in all areas of their job.
Pros
A true team/family relationship between team members
Cons
Streamlined, user friendly system for follow up and task completion needed
Professional workplace
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoy working for Baptist Health Hospital because it is a professional atmosphere and allows for me to see real life tragedies in the Emergency Department.
Pros
Good experiece, learn a lot
Cons
too much for a student to juggle
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 4, 2017
This a great place to work. Had I not moved, I would still be there. Great working environment, alongside great work-life balance. Glad I was a part of the team.
Desktop Refresh Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Baptist Health is a good place to work overall.

Work life balance was good in my opinion. Depending on your department or position it was never a problem when you had personal business to handle. Most all coworkers were friendly and seemed to care about doing their jobs well.

Daily life can be frustrating. Because of the quickly changing technology and software requirements. Many changes have unforeseen effects creating difficult situations for everyone involved.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be taking pride in the health system vision of providing the best health care for the community and seeing technology in action.
Good place to work in a learning and friendly environment.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Good place to work in a learning and friendly environment. Would recommend as a place to work for anyone looking to start a career.
Accounting
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 3, 2017
The company is not very organized and there is a lot of manual work. Management doesn't provide proper guidance for workers and work environment is not that great.
baptist pfr
PFR 1 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Horrible position. You will not advance without connections. very nepotistic job advancement practices. little regard for employees or their wellbeing. Constant maltreatment by physicians and nurses.
benefits
Cons
job environment
Loved working here
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 31, 2016
My 40 years with the Baptist Health System, I loved very much. Retiring was bitter sweet.I learned a lot from my peers and loved the environment I was in.
Excellent Patient Focused Employer
NP (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 30, 2016
Baptist is a premier Hospital in South Florida and treats employees with respect while providing all necessary tools to excel in the workplace. Management is visible and available at all times for support to Employees. They also set a high level of standards for care to patients.
Pros
Excellence in Care
I learned a lot here
Manager of two separate units (Med (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 30, 2016
Lots of opportunity to advance when it was Baptist Health System. When it sold to Vanguard everything changed and my desire to work there dwindled. Loved my team and really disliked my director.
Pros
Great team
Cons
poor staffing
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 28, 2016
Great place to work. I learned a lot and met some great people. Working in the ER is very fast pasted but having a team to assist was great.
Overall Great
Associate Care Provider II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2016
Great place to work. Able to pick up overtime and learn a lot throughout the hospital. Some supervisors will work with your school schedule. A lot of room to grow and move throughout the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.