Baptist Health Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYDecember 8, 2016
As always short staff People work together which works out well.
The job was very enjoyable listening to the elderly telling stories of their past.
Pros
short staff
Cons
work together
nice place to work
Physician lab assist/ phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYDecember 6, 2016
Continued education, comfortable environment, pleasant coworkers, good benefits. Long hours, typical pay rate, 30 minute unpaid lunch, productive place to work.
Pros
working in medical field
Cons
downsizing recurrent
productive place to work
3rd Shift Lead Specimen Processor/TrackMaster (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205December 5, 2016
When I started to work for Baptist I was fairly new with Hospital environment. The team was amazing, they showed and taught me a lot in little time. One of the best jobs I've had.
Pros
great team
Cons
weather
Baptist Health
Part Time Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2016
Fabulous co workers, I enjoyed every second of working here. Could not ask for a better work environment. If you're looking for somewhere to work that would be long term and you're wanting to love it, Baptist Health Systems in the place for you.
Gread Company
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2016
Loved my job and loved the people I worked with. Great atmosphere to work in. I loved going to work. I wish I would have stayed there.
Normal Job
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 27, 2016
This was just a typical example of big time corporation work. While you are treated well with benefits there is no small family feel to this place
Productive and great pace environment
Student of Medical Sonography (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2016
Great environment and opportunities for me to learn so much while starting out. There is a friendly atmosphere and management tries to keep a steady flow of customers. At times there is an over-booking of patients, but management tries to improve the situation when this issue arises.
Pros
Good pace
Cons
overbooking
great place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2016
Was an excellent experience and enjoyed meeting new people. Everyone was very nice and polite. Very hard working group and was willing to help each other.
Great Work Atmosphere
Health Unit Coordinato (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLNovember 5, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy the staff I work with at Baptist Nassau. We all work together well, and believe in being a team. There are day which are very difficult, but we help pick each other up, and move forward together.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Pay scale is low
Wonderful group of people to work with
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 3, 2016
Everyone helps one another no matter what the need is very friendly great benefits. only downfall not a lot of space to work with
my unit was small not enough room to add any more beds other than that it was a great job
Pros
free lunchs once in awhile
Cons
sometimes no lunchs
Busy, busy, busy
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2016
A typical day at work would entail checking to see what is needed for first surgery cases, making sure that it will be received in a timely manner and then proceeding to assure that following cases have all of the instrumentation that they will need. The job itself is excellent for individuals who are able to multitask and are able to learn quickly. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed because regardless, the patient's welfare comes first. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at the end of the day, you were instrumental in helping someone or saving someone's life.
Pros
NEVER BORED
Cons
ONLY ABLE TO SIT ONE HOUR OUT OF 8. SOMETIMES LESS IF EMERGENCY ARISES.
Awesome place to work!
Executive Assistant, Value (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 1, 2016
This was a great place to work! Great management, great staff, very encouraging and truly cares about bettering health care. I am encouraged and supported working with the individuals here.
Over knowledgable staff, and good team work,
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 27, 2016
Great to place to work, but with changes in place related to obama care nursing is assuming more responsibilty with no support from management positions.
Pros
FRIENDLY KNOWLEGABLE STAFF
Cons
LITTLE SUPPORT FROM MANAGEMENT
Great people and culture
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2016
Great place to work with wonderful people. They are on the best places to work list yearly for a reason. We have great people who do truly care about what they do.
Amazing Co-workers, Excellent Protocols and Safety Practices
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205October 20, 2016
My co-workers were the best part about working at Baptist Health. They showed excellent support and were always willing to help each other in every circumstance. The focus is evidence based practice and patient safety, and Doctors and Nurses really work and communicate well to the benefit of the patient.
Loved this job!
Executive Assistant, Value (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 19, 2016
I loved this job, the people and the purpose of the practice. This company and the people that worked there wanted to help patients and were truly in it to take care of others. Couldn't work for a better place!
Many different types of patients
Job Shadow Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 18, 2016
I shadowed over 20 hours at baptist health in Lexington Kentucky, and every new patient I observed was different. Another reason why I enjoyed shadowing this job was because I was able to work with multiple Occupational Therapists who had had different techniques and worked in different parts of the hospital. I was exposed to many new things I had not yet experienced while shadowing OTS in the past. The hardest part of the job was knowing I would only see that patient for a couple of visits until they were released from the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I am learning more about different patient cases and personally connecting with the patients.
Pros
Working with different occupational therapists each day
Stfc
Specialized Therapeutic Foster Care Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 14, 2016
A typical day at work is not typical. Dealing with behavioral and therapeutic population, it varies from day to day. I have learmed to keep an open mind and to be non-judgmental for the population I serve. My co-workers work as a team and we all keep the same goal in mind is to assist the individual with gaining normalization and intrinsic rewards for behaving well in the least restrictive environment. The hardest part of my job is getting attached to the kids because they will reunify with their families or go on to be adopted. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the rewards of success when the case plan is finished and stabilizing a traumatic experience and making it a successful positive outcome.
Pros
no micro-management and flexibility
Cons
pay, hours
It's ok
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 11, 2016
Management is poor but it is still a decent place to work. Pay is competitive. Staffing is always short which is frustrating. However it is comparable to uk.
N/a
Patient Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 10, 2016
Most of the people I worked with were great. I like working there wont go back. I wouldn't tell someone to work there. I tried my best but sometimes it didn't feel like it was good enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.