Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Better than ditch digging
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 23, 2017
Depending on where you go the staff can be great or repulsive, mostly relating to management. I feel like many of the managers are more in it for the money than the happiness of their employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short or No breaks (that's healthcare in general)
Baptist Health great place to work
PAR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 22, 2017
Baptist Health was a great place to work. Really enjoyed the people that I worked with and enjoyed helping patients. Benefits and compensation were above average. Baptist Health is a very diverse place to work.
Productive and fun work place
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 20, 2017
Overall a great company. Has great healthcare and benefits and competitive pay however the hours and mandatory overtime make it harder for family life.
Pros
pay, productive.
Cons
short breaks, mandatory overtime, limited rasies
Orthopedic Trauma
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32501February 20, 2017
Orthopedic trauma is very fast pass and demanding job. The amount of patient to be seen is very demanding. The hardest part of this job is not being able to help someone with issues that are out of your control. You see people that need certain care but cant get it due to their lack of income. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the improvements of patients that go from not being able to barley walk to seeing them 6 months later walking with a walker and steadily improving.
Pros
Half work day on Friday.
Cons
short lunch break
Time to move on.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day starts at 6:30a find your assigned room and go from there. I've learned a great deal from many coworkers things you wouldn't learn in the classroom. I love my coworkers, but I'm not fond of the management, which makes it hard to want to stay. The vibes just aren't there. The culture all depends on the day. The hardest part of the job is sometimes you're not promised a break. The most enjoyable part of my day is scrubbing a basic CABG-- which says a lot because that's a lot of work. Honestly, I use to enjoy my job, but now I don't.
Pros
Pulled case carts and materials, can call for needed extras.
Cons
Breaks, stress, favoritism
very hard to work with management (Purchasing Dept)
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 16, 2017
Management showed favoritism, did not understand families, Purchasing Manager was never there, but didn't understand if we had an emergency.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management
Good
Outpatient Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
I worked at Baptist for approximately 1.5 years. It was a good place to work. Compensation and working conditions were good. Employees seemed dedicated to patient care.
Residency program
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Very normal experience completing three units of CPE.
Basic supervision and education two days/ mornings each week and then approx 40 hours per week doing clinical work including 24 on call schedule.
Overall a nice place to work
Patient Access Representative/Schedule one (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Overall a nice place to work, My daughter also works for baptist it's a very nice organization is work for. I would work for them again given the opportunity to do so..
Very good place to work.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Baptist Health is a great place to work, as long as you are not a medical transcriptionist. With their new Epic computer system, it cost about 60 Baptist transcriptionists their jobs.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 6, 2017
easy typical workday. learned new information daily. management is not management material. nothing hard about the job. most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of patients.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Very good place to work at
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Call center atmosphere. Fast paced. Hardest part of the job is when you learn that certain patients pass away. Management is understanding about family issues.
Pros
Excellent healthcare
Cons
desk job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 3, 2017
nurse to patient ratio on my particular floor on a regular night is about one to 4 but can get as high as one to six. Coworkers are very helpful. Manager was personable.
A place where teamwork is necessary and provided
Staff Nurse, Med-Surg- Charge nurse 2 east, nights (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at work requires a good attitude, a smile and the ability to motivate oneself and persist in the face of frustrations, while regulating your mood to be positive and caring. The most important thing to remember is to keep distress from swamping the ability to think, to empathize and to provide hope to your patients.
Pros
a clean environment
Cons
sometimes no time for lunch or a break due to heavy patient acuity
Baptist Health
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Baptist Health. Working along side health care professionals and patients alike was a blessing. Being able to help people and show compassion made my days amazing.
I completed my externship through Baptist medical and it was wonderful experience, and a wonderful place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 26, 2017
I completed 80 of my externship for CMA at Baptist Medical Health. The people who work there whether it's doctors or the staff in the cafeteria. Everyone here was just so nice and happy. All the patients are treated with respect. It was just a wonderful experience tp be able to be apart of the clinic i worked in.
Pros
Everyone was super nice, and roductive
Cons
Nothing really
An OK Place to work
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoyed my co workers.
It is a good job as long as you keep your head down and get your work done.
I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. I also learned how to quickly adapt to change.
a lot has changed since Central Baptist has become Baptist Health
RN (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 20, 2017
The company has become so large that the employees are now feeling the difference. Patient satisfaction has dipped. I still think it's a good company to work for but just not as employee-focused as when it was Central Baptist.
All about the money now
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
No one cares about anything here anymore. Management only cares about fattening their wallets and doesn't care what it takes to achieve that goal. So many OSHA, and labor law violations it ridiculous. Its all swept under the rug so the employees cannot do anything about it. Manager's hire their friends and treat them to special privileges. Its n absolute pathetic work environment. Don't forget to follow that "chain of command" if you have a problem! You don't want your boss to get butt hurt by going over his pathetic wittle head. It wont matter anyway because even when your manager and director are both totally wrong and inappropriate HR wont do anything but tell your manager and director that you reported them. Thereby making your life even worse.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
corruption, no breaks, manager lets his buddies leave the property and not clock out, favortism, corruption
Productive Place
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Enjoyed working for the Baptist Health System. Everyday was always different. I enjoyed talking to all the different types of cultures that I would encounter with on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.