Baptist Health Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly Workplace
Imaging Center Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2016
Baptist Health would plan events to bring the whole company together. They catered lunches, had pot lucks, and pizza parties.They gave us nice gifts such as umbrellas, tshirts, and pedometers. They also encouraged us to stay healthy by offering programs and yoga classes to stay fit.
Pros
Free food and nice gifts
Cons
My department has a lack of work due to new programs that were installed
Productive and educational place to work.
Office Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2016
The department I have worked with is fast paced. You learn very quickly to multi-task. I have the pleasure of working with a very kind and considerate group of doctors. Management is professional and has an open door policy. The hardest part of my job has been the fact that people are ill and your heart reaches out to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that our doctors have been able to help these ill patients and make them smile and feel relief.
Pros
Discounted or free lunches depending on where you work.
Cons
No paid holidays.
You DO NOT want to work here, tho if you do and you have no experience, education, or skills they would hire you
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 3, 2016
Not a good place for experienced hard working people. If your just trying to get your foot in the door with no experience they will hire you, at minimum salary of course and slave labor you. And don't call in for anything!! FMLA is abused because it's required for an excused absence, at their discretion of course. Management are usually no where to be f found when needed the most.
Pros
The credit Union, dillards days
Cons
Several
Thankful experience
Patient Service Coordinator / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78228April 29, 2016
A typical day at work was to stay productive help patients to the best of your ability. Ongoing training/learning, training on medications, testings, forms, insurances, medical billing not limited to. Management provided great support on daily basis and created a great atmosphere to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job was to provide the best of me to my company and feel appreciated.
Pros
growth, benefits
Cons
n/a
Fun, interesting, an opportunity to grow
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 19, 2016
The job is really enjoyable. You never know what you're going to get each day. The hardest part about the job is telling a parent/parents that their child failed his/her hearing test. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with those precious innocent babies.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
It is only a part time position
Overall Great Workplace
Par Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 8, 2016
Central Distribution Dept.

Overall BHLex is a great workplace, but depending on the department and management within the department your position may differ. I began as a temp. but quickly advanced within the department. Coworkers and patient relations made the job worthwhile but I clashed with management when a personal emergency arose and I temporarily needed time off. I was fired the day after I filed for FMLA (before it had been processed). Needless to say I was at the mercy of poor management and paid the consequences.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Subjective management
ManĂ gement is not the best
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 9, 2016
A great place to work family oriented great benefits lots of smiling faces everyone you meet treats you like family they have a pretty big turnover so I didn't have job security to a certain extent but on the other hand I did because it was a hospital they gonna be around for a long time .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Very good company with good work life balance and good benefits.
System Operator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2016
One of the better companies to work for in Florida but the industry has forced it to cutback in its size and operations. Down sizing departments, restricting overtime and mileage pay are some of the ways attempting to meet its goal. Pay increases have also been affected by this. Benefits are still good.
Pros
Stress free.
Cons
In process of streamlining (cutting back).
I loved working with Patients assisting them with their needs.
Patient Representative I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2016
Usually, while working in admissions everything was good. Learned a lot about the Health Industry from co-workers. Hardest part of my job was people in Surgery when things weren't going well. Most enable part was seeing the babies.
Pros
Seeing an elderly person being well talken care of and loved.
Cons
Having a patient using bad language toward us due to pain and frustration.
Nice place to work
Physician Billing Representative I (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 2, 2016
Very busy, productive place to work. Management is great. Not much confidentiality for the employees as far as department gossip but very confidential when it comes to patients and HIPPA laws.
Pros
Pay incentives for reaching goals, opportunities to advance or transfer within the organization
Cons
Private and or personal things are discussed about other employees from teamleads.
Great workplace with limited advancement opportunities
Rehab Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 24, 2016
Worked as a rehab care associate for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Transported patients, assisted patients with exercises, assisted therapists, cleaned hydrotherapy tanks, answered phones, scheduled patients, registered patients, coded, reconciled patient charges, entered patient charges, and filed patient charts.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Excellant place to work
Staff and Resourse nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 17, 2016
Worked as scheduled to fill the needs of a 24hour 365 days a year hospitals Hospitals provide a good salary- adjustable schedules-stability-learning opportunities as new procedures and techniques develope.Easy to find a new schedule as your family needs change. Nursing is an everchanging challengeing field.In the ever changeing healthcare field -administrators work hard to meet the demands of new regulations and new goals.Nurses work hard to meet the needs of their clients as these needs change.The work place is challengeing and demanding environment.
Pros
Schedule Good pay Teamwork
Cons
Demanding-
Productive, great teamwork
Enviornmental Tech (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work is fast I clock in do my job and by the time I'm done it's time to clock out.

Management was wonderful they really showed how much they enjoyed there employees and it made it easier to work.

My co-workers everyone worked together and know one got into it with each other.

The hardest part of the job was the weekend it was vary short of staff which was double the work.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the meetings everyone could sit down and discus there new ideas and how to make the work place a better environment.
Pros
A discount on lunch
Cons
Short lunches was not able to finish all the time
Very great
PCT (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work for me is in the ER. I have learned many things such as vital signs, procedure set up, wound care, insertion and removal of catheters and IVs. The management is great at well. They really want everyone to succeed and they do that by allowing us to work very hands on with our patients. My co-workers are amazing as well. They are always willing to help out and they always have a team mentality. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a trauma but we are always prepared and ready to do what is needed for our patients. The best part of my jobs is being able to see a patient become stable for discharge or to be admitted to the floor because I know we have put our all into the patient.
Pros
Healthcare, dental, vision and many other employer paid benefits
Cons
Great teamwork and environment.
Primary Birth Registrar/HIM Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working in the Baptist Health System. Strong support and team dynamics. Great staff to work with. Fast paced and energetic. I learned the birth registry system. My management team was very supportive. I had a great set of co-workers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes having to deal with the death of a baby. The most enjoyable part was being a part of giving a baby a name.
Overall experience - Very good; my co-workers were especially outstanding!
Corporate IT Manager Epic Rad/Cupid Apps (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 17, 2016
A typical work day for salaried employees consists of many more than 8-hours per day - however the work was very rewarding.

Culture is good

Employees are appreciated

Lot of friendly people

Lots of stress
Pros
Co-workers
worked with a good group of coworkes
Insurance Collector and Biller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 11, 2016
Accountable for billing insurance companies for services rendered to patients on behalf of the eight member hospitals of Baptist Health System. Submit bill free of errors to ensure swift payment on account. Perform needed research and follow-up on accounts to ensure swift payment.
Pros
All weekend and holidays off.
Cons
Having to do all research on unpaid claims
Productive work place , room for advancement, patient oriented while also paying attention to the workers needs
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2016
Baptist was a wonderful place to work for as a whole from the patients to the co-workers . I just think they need to improve on the ways they train their employees.
Pros
Peaceful environment
Cons
Bad training
Busy but enjoyable place to work
Admitting Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 26, 2016
I started out at Baptist as a patient representative, loading demographics and entering insurance information for a patient to have surgery or outpatient testing. I learned the difference between insurance companies. The management was laid back, firm, but didn't chastise if a common error was made. The coworkers was like family also. The hardest part of the job was to see sickly patients that had to sit and register sick. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Established, steady company
System Director Case Coordination, CDI (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 24, 2016
Very process centric, multi-tasking is expected, excellent staff to work with. Very tied to tradition of what was done right in the past will keep them on the right track in the future. Change is difficult, the focus is on patients first. Communication is a challenge, prefers to promote and hire from within. Our team had great success with challenges we were allowed to work as a team for the patient and meet the goals for the system as we professionally thought best. Great interaction between HIM and case Coordination.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.