Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work.
PRN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 12, 2017
Manager was wise, excellent communicator and extremely supportive. Co-workers were like family. New buildings very high class, clean and well maintained.
The Staff
Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2017
this was a very busy lab, the staff knew how to make the unit an enjoyable place to work. The doctors were nice they respect the staff, once they saw that staff could do their job correctly.
Pros
the relationship within staff
Cons
volume
Great staff to work with. Great teamwork.
Cardiovascular Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 10, 2017
Great place to work. Staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. The compensation was not enough to sustain my family. I really enjoyed working there for many years and it was my first job in my career I wanted to further my career.
Baptist health is a great company
Medical registration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 7, 2017
Baptist Health is great company. With that being said, UAB has recently partnered with them. I was requested to help start up an office with the new staff. the Team Lead was not properly trained. In fact they don't care to train staff PERIOD. You are left struggling to keep up because you are doing your job plus 3 other peoples jobs. Including the Team Leads job.
Pros
Baptist
Cons
Uab
Travel contract
RN Medical/Surgical/Ortho (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2017
Frequently float travelers into unsafe situations if you don't stand up for yourself. If there are problems on the floor, don't expect management to help. And if something goes wrong, the travelers are the first to blame.
loved working here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 6, 2017
The culture of patient care was always great, especially with people who had worked BHL a long time. This was by far my favorite job. I graduated and left.
Tired Work day with only one half hour break
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 5, 2017
A typical day a work is most likely tiring, the hardest part of the job is being able to stand up all day with barely a break. New management is horrible and doesn't know how to speak to anyone with respect.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
New management
Production
Patient Financial Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2017
Responsible for verifying benefits for home health and respiratory patients. Also responsible for maintaining contact with 45 patients on a daily basis. Duties include contacting insurance companies to follow up on claim status for payment. Also working claim denials when claim were not paid according to contract benefits. Responsible for taking credit card payments over the telephone from home health and respiratory patients. Also verifying changes in insurance benefits if a policy was cancelled. Duties include balancing credit card payments at the end of the day to ensure accuracy. The hardest part of the job was when elderly patients cannot afford to pay home health bill if insurance companies did not pay because of contract issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help patients understand how a claim was paid while helping them understand how their benefits work.
overall
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 4, 2017
The Clinic I worked for was a great place to work. Although I think that the management could have been better I would recommend for anyone to apply for this job.
Employee's are important
Procedure Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 2, 2017
very Patient oriented and goal oriented, yet was very fair to their employees. Patients come first and the work must be completed in a timely manner. I was employed with Baptist for 3 years. You are able to trans from one department to another after 6 months of service if you are in good standings ... attendance, quality of work etc
Pros
Managment cares about their employees
alright i guess
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 2, 2017
there is really nothing to say the floors are dirty there are some good staff members but not enough to out way all the bad and instead of paying their employees a fair wage they are more interested in building a parking garage it is no wonder that this place has a very high turn over rate because people only want to be here to get experience and then they want to leave to go to better jobs
Pros
you get experince so you can get a better job and a discount on jags tickets
Cons
everything about this place
Good work place
Extern/Intern (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYDecember 1, 2017
The environment is friendly and everyone there is working to help others. The most enjoyable part was when I saw people improving themselves. Personally, I didn't find anything difficult.
great place
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 30, 2017
trying to come up with great things to say is not hard but making the minimum for this review is frustrating because they are a great place to work and great is the best word
Great work place
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2017
I was at Baptist for a short period of time because the job was temporary, but I loved the job. The work it self was fast paste an comprehensive. very good friendly caring environment. I worked as a Patient Access Rep. I tend to do either pre registrations calls, ER registration, or front office registration, Where ever I was needed was what I did. I enjoyed meeting & greeting different faces everyday. I'm in the mist now trying to find a position at Baptist. Would definitely recommend anyone to apply for any open positions.
Great people........not a lot of advancement
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baptist Health downtownNovember 30, 2017
I really enjoy working at Baptist and have been here for almost 10 years. The people are wonderful and the facilities are great. There are lots of opportunities to learn new things, but there are some positions where there is no room for advancement
Great Place to work
Internal Medicine Recepetionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2017
A typical work day started at 7am and patients began arriving at 7:30. You would take insurance, co-pays, paperwork and check patients in. You would also have to copy medical records and communicate with professionals. You would also have to make appointments for patients and return messages.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
management
Changing
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2017
The culture is changing from people/family oriented to business focused. This has been credited to change in CEO back in 2013 (that CEO is no longer with the system). Measures are being taken for financial viability of system which in turn has effected benefits. At times there is uncertainty among employees about the true effect of decisions being made and how negative effects will be addressed.

There is a good number of employees who are very hard working and dedicated to the system. Employees who have been with the company for a long time still have the family/people oriented mindset which helps with camaraderie and focus on the Mission. Those with that focus give the sense that they want the system to succeed because they truly care about the system (it is not just a job for them to benefit from). The system's success would be credited to them.
Pros
approachable leadership at hospital and corporate level, benefits, clean environment
Cons
Communication/clarity, leadership/direction/cooperation, lack of compensation for added work/overwork
Poor Managment
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217November 27, 2017
Many unfulfilled promises made by management. Weak communications skills. Cutthroat attitude. Gossip around every corner. Working with equipment several years old. Selfish management.
Pros
20% discount at cafeteria, discount for Gold's Gym, Benefits, Pto.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of advancement, weak management.
Slow Pace and Great Hands on learning opportunities
Patient Representative I (Current Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARNovember 25, 2017
If you are searching for a place to work right out of college then Baptist Health will be the Hospital for you. Find a Baptist in a more Rural location where your learning experience will be more enjoyable then stressful. If you are wanting to continue you education they have great discounts on schooling and online schooling would do great with the regular pace the hospital has. The people here at Baptist Health-Stuttgart are absolutely fantastic. The only part about working here that can become stressing is when there comes a real emergency through the ER entrance without an advance notice. things can become very stressful. Otherwise Baptist Health is a great team to be apart of.
Pros
Friend environment and Great discounts
Awesome starting job
Admissions represenative (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 21, 2017
Baptist health is the perfect spot for a beginner job right out of school, or for a local job, would highly recommend advancement to another facility due to limited resources and low pay along with mediocre benefits and low advancement rates
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
short breaks, low pay