Baptist Healthcare System

Baptist Healthcare System Employer Reviews

This was a fun place to work most of the time
Courier - Part Time (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: i like the people .
Cons: low pay and not much help for any deptment .
Go to the computer to see what was special for you job that day.
Then get in your Van and start making 3 Hospitals and 27 Clinics .

After going to the bank to get change and making the deposit .I would get mail and take to proper place .

Co-workers were very kind .
Working Part Time on some days could not take a lunch break.
Plus they pay was very low ! No Overtime !

All the people I saw and did special things for ! My Co-Workers loved me.
Baptist Health System
CNA (Former Employee), San Antonio TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 4 days
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Baptist Health System is a positive working environment. I learned from my Registered Nurses. One time I took it upon myself to dress a bed sore because my nurse was too busy. Management was okay till the end of my time there we had 2 different DON's in 3 months. The hardest part of the job is the fast pace that can take a toll on the body. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the patience and getting self satisfaction from helping.
Great Place to Work!
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALFebruary 13, 2015
I really enjoy working for Baptist Health Systems. They are a well run company, and they treat their employees well. I would recommend to anyone searching for a job, to try BHS.
The Baptist Healthcare System strives to ensure patients, visitors, and employess with the best care in manners that exhibit the love of Christ
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALJanuary 30, 2015
A typical day at work for me involves me focusing on patient care. The Baptist Healthcare System has taught me the importance of compassion, advocacy, resourcefulness, excellence and integrity. Management is compassionate and responsive to our needs and the employees are all informed and sworn in to the Baptist Healthcare System's Values. The medical field is truly a blessing to those in need as well as the care givers.
Nice company to work for
Call Center Team Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: an awesome company to work for, nice benefits, room for lateral movement.
Cons: short breaks and lunches, not sure on job longevity within our unit, possible relocation.
As a team lead, I manage a team of about 10 to 11 representatives in our Call Center Unit. I assist in training new hires to our unit. I audit account handling scenarios and phone calls with our call monitoring system. Run productivity reports, log in info to make sure our reps are logging in on time to begin their shift. I enjoy the thinking outside the box while on the job. I also take escalated phone calls.
was a good place to work untill I was laid off never was called for an interviwe
Discharge calling nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: was not given a chance to interview for a job when we were laid off
I worked at Baptist for more the 30 years , it was something I loved to do, I could worked for more then 9 straight days , the young girls would asked how I could do it, but it was something I loved to do. One day my patient told me I was put on this earth to service, and GOD was very proud of the way I was doing. When I was laid off it was the hardest thing to do, I need to help people , nursing was my way of life, it is very hard to find a job because of my age, but I still have a lot of good years to help, I would do very good in a call center. I am a very good team player.
A wonderful place to do 4 CPE units and get worlds of experience in spiritual care
CPE Intern/Resident (Former Employee), Baptist Hospital East in Louisville, KYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: wonderful staff, hospital that was very supportive to chaplain interns.
Cons: no permanent job at the end of the 15 months, or i think everyone would have wanted to stay right there to work
Baptist Hospital East was the best choice I could have made to do my Clinical Pastoral Education for chaplaincy. From the day I began my 15 month journey, I was treated with respect, concern for me as well as patients and staff I worked with, and with an assumption by supervisors and staff that I had some good sense about what to do and how to do it. The CPE supervisors critiqued our visit notes and helped us learn what might have been alternative methods to provide care. They not only pointed out where work on my part needed some changes, but they also let me know what they saw that was working. I came away from the experience knowing that I was ready to walk down any hospital hallway, enter a room, and work with the patient and family who needed spiritual care. I chose to enter hospice chaplaincy where I have worked for 4 1/2 years. I love the work - especially connecting with patients who are dying. I also feel that I have made a difference in some family's lives just as they have made me think about how special they were in y own understanding of death and dying.

Thank you Baptist, especially Ted Hodge and Jan Cox-Gedmark, my supervisors for the time, the support, the love, the concern, and the gift of friendship as well as clear and meaningful supervision.
Poorly managed
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Alabaster, AlabamaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good salary.
Cons: poor management
Receive report on patients. Care for the patients. May transfer a patient or receive a patient. I don't care for the decision making for who is in charge for the day. It's based on hire date and not experience.
My co-workers are professional and caring nurses. One or two nurses my need encouraging to help when help is needed.
The hardest part is receiving more than one patients at once.
The most enjoyable part is knowing I assisted in maintaining a patients health or life.
Productive workplace
Fieldwork II - A (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 22, 2014
I was not employed at Baptist, but my first fieldwork placement was here. There were also other OTA and OT students placed at Baptist, so we were able to work together and learn from eachother. I had to opportunity to collaborate with many different disciplines at this hospital, including social workers, nursing staff, the head doctor, as well as the family members of the clients. This was a great site for a first-time clinical student.
A place I'm honored to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALDecember 19, 2014
A typical day at work is helping people, this is something I love to do anyway. But at my job, it deals with assisting patients and visitors, working with lovely co-workers, doctors and nurses everyday.The hardest part of the job is when we get so many patients and many rooms drop or the ER is packed but the most enjoyable part is getting everyone taken care of and seeing them happy and satisfied.
I learned how to file charts and perfect my work ethics.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good benetifits, guaranted 40 hours or more a week.
Cons: only being to take a 45 minute lunch instead of an hour.
I would arrive to work morning at 5:30am. Go to the back and stock my tray. Get my stack of sticks for the morning. Go upstairs do my sticks. Come back down stairs to log my sticks into the computer to get credit. Then deliver the tubes to correct station in the back in the lab. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment without getting frustrated especially the days when I had to work in the emergency room. I hardest part about my job was watching my patients die on me after we tried everything we could to save them. The most enjoyable part of my job was that we rotated weekends and holidays to were I would be able to spend the holidays with my children.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Clinton, ARDecember 17, 2014
Pros: the people rock, good pay, good management, epic
Cons: administration, little rock is not that great.....
I started out as a nurse here in the SICU and worked for a year. This place was AWESOME! If you have the chance, work in SICU. The supervisor is great, and your fellow nurses are some of the best nurses and people you will ever meet. I am not kidding. They will have your back and they will get you through the worst night of your nursing career. And then take you out for drinks afterwards. Great work family and also great experience-level 2 trauma center. I got to take care of a wide variety of patients from traumas from violent crimes and car accidents to hemorrhagic strokes to kidney transplant recipients. The job is rewarding and keeps you on your toes-you never go home without having learned something new. The hardest part for me was to witness the death of a young person. But it was enjoyable to see a young victim of trauma who at first seemed irreparable to experience a full recovery weeks later. The physicians are pretty freaking awesome too and there's a good dynamic between the SICU nurses and physicians (for the most part). Did I mention it's self-scheduling? Literally self-scheduling. Epic documentation system is used, which is the best documentation system in my opinion. Furthermore, I can't necessarily same the same thing about the hospital administration, but if you work in SICU you will NOT be dissapointed in the leadership of the supervisor and charge nurses. My charge nurses gave me excellent references when I went on to be a travel nurse, and I still keep in touch with some of my co-workers. I have worked in 3 hospitals as a Registered Nurse and I can absolutely say that this was the best place to work. I LOVED it. I would still work there if I lived there.
Extremely productive and rewarding helping patients.
Materials Management Clerk (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: help patients, meet awesome people, being a part of a team
Cons: tough job, no downtime, night shift
While I work at the warehouse, it's still a rewarding experience to deliver medical equipment to the hospitals. A typical day at work is frantic running around while having fun. The most enjoyable part of the day is lunch because you can sit down and have a moment of downtime. The hardest part of the job is the switch from day shift to night shift which is why I am looking for a new job.
Enjoyed working with the patients
Environmental Services Worker (Former Employee), Louisville KyNovember 22, 2014
Pros: loved working in the healthcare field and working with the patients
Cons: hire through temp agency
I loved working for this hospital but they hire through a temporary agency. I would of stayed with them long term but I had to be admitted to the hospital for 7 days and they will only allow 4 while your on the temp agency for you to miss so unfortunatly they had to let me go. I would refer this hospital to anyone that is looking for employeement. It is a good starting place. I was a house keeper. We cleaned and sanitized patient rooms, hallways, offices, bathrooms etc. We also had to fill up our cart of a morning before we started our shift with the proper equipment and chemicals needed to do our daily duties.
Almost place to work
Externship Student (Former Employee), Alabaster, ALNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great place
The techs there had me on my toes. They keep you informed and educated. Was well received and challenged. Great place. The information learned was carried on to my fellow classmates was back in school.
Fine if you are buddies with directors
Rn (Former Employee), Lexington kyNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no lunch no breaks no advancement
worked in Er and found that if you were not related to , daughter of another director at hospital , friends of directors you will never advance anywhere in the company . Also they don't want you there if you can't be brainwashed it kept under their rule.
Doesn't help when the head of hr is sisters of director and all other directors went to high school with director of Er . They keep you from moving from departments .
Also reward staff that do less as long as they share their personal life and smile a lot .
Mgmt doesn't reward those who work hard
Great place to advance your career
MANAGER, DIGITAL IMAGING TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great place to work & grow.
The director of operations for the service line I worked for was extremely supportive of my career and education. Strongly recommend this employer in San Antonio.
Semi flexible schedule
LVN/Graduate nurse (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2014
No room for growth in my department, but my co workers are helpful and knowledgable
Nice place to work
Collections/Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee), Little RockOctober 23, 2014
Serving Patients was our main focal point. I learned that our mission was far more important than ourselves. Management only required from you what's required of them. My co-workers were from all walks of life. I had a good working relationship with most. The hardest part of the job was the demand for over time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having satisfied patients and bringing in the money.
Great Experience
Nurse (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2014
Pros: daily huddles and prayer requests
Cons: understaffed
This is a christian based organization that provides opportunities to minister to not only the patients and their families but to your coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Baptist Healthcare System

Baptist Healthcare System is one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in Kentucky. The system owns five acute-care – Read more