Baptist Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Account Rep II/Payment Compliance (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 11, 2015
great, great,great,great, great, great,great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great
Productive, family oriented
LPN (Former Employee), Scotia, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: was close to home
Cons: terrible benefits
Baptist was a very productive and family oriented place. I enjoyed working with the residents, however the job paid less and the benefits were absolutely terrible. Co- workers were awesome to work with.
Too much work for such little pay and apprecitation
CNA (Former Employee), Lenoir City, TNJune 26, 2014
Pros: patient connection
Cons: not an even patient/cna ratio, too much favoritism, not enough workers, people called in way too much.
You work your butt off and barely get recognized and get payed even less. This place was not the best place to work at all. However, if you stayed for a year, you may get the opportunity to go to school and they pay for it, but you have to make a commitment that you will stay there for a year after you finish school.
Enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 13, 2014
Pros: home-like atmosphere, tuition reimbursement, ceu's, calm work environment.
Cons: new president is more about the numbers. recent staffing shortages. home-like environment is fading.
The years worked here have been fruitful and rewarding. Nice place to work.
Loved my patients
CNA (Former Employee), Lenoir City, TNJanuary 13, 2014
Dishonest, unorganized, dirty place to work. Some coworkers were abusive to patients
Resident centered
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Lenoir City, TNDecember 18, 2013
Pros: good pay, lovely residents
Cons: poor management, like a dictatorship
My coworkers are excellent as well as my residents. Management, on the other hand, is lacking tact and compassion
Enjoyed the position.
Medical Coder/Team Lead (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: flexiable hours
Cons: no cons
Coded for three physicians. Assigned ICD-9/CPT-4. Learned how to bill outpatient claims. Co-workers were wonderful. Hardest part was end of the month.
good job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 14, 2013
Pros: enjoyed learning new things
Cons: us against them feeeling
getting up early to draw blood on teachers and then working the clinic when needed.
Loving and caring environment
Patient Registration Scheduler (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 7, 2013
Pros: helping patients
Cons: pay was too low.
Caring for and helping the patients make there appts. I learned several things how to schedule appt and create different procedures. I really enjoyed my supervisor and manager. Not being to help the patients with all of their needs. pay was too low
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2012
Pros: flexability
Identified process improvements in the day-to-day functioning of the department. Continually improved knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback and self-identified professional developmental needs. Led the planning and achievement of goals and objectives consistent with the agency mission and philosophy. Created annual goals, objectives and budget and made recommendations to reduce costs. Developed a system of staff communication that ensured proper implementation of plans and comprehensive customer care. Encouraged creative thinking, problem solving, and empowerment as part of the facility management group to improve morale and teamwork. Reviewed customer survey information to prioritize areas of improvement. Diligently monitored the Quality Assurance program to improve performance. Achieved high staff morale and retention (100%) through effective communication, prompt problem resolution, proactive supervisory practices and facilitating a proactive work environment. Collaborated with department managers to correct problems and improve services. Supervised and managed the daily activities of a team consisting of seven providers and fifteen support staff at twp separate locations. Organized and led monthly personnel meetings with fifteen team members. Developed and managed budget and revenue expectations while actively seeking ways to eliminate or reduce expenses. Introduced, negotiated and implemented new projects to expand scope of engagement. Served as liaison between management, clinical staff and the community. Expertly planned, coordinated, organized and directed all operations of the department.
Baptist is an awesome place to work, with awesome people.
Grill Cook / Cashier (Former Employee), Pensacola, Fl.May 24, 2012
Pros: working with such great people.
Cons: the food is great there, i gained at least 30 pounds.
Baptist Hospital is an awesome place to work.The staff there are wounderful people,easy to get along with, and very helpful. The customers are great people also. A typical day consists of cooking or ringing up customers, enjoying short conversations,and feeling like you've made someone happy in the process. I've learned that when you treat people with respect and diginity, there's not a better feeling.Management was great, although there may have been 1 or 2 that could have used some extra training on how to treat people.My co-workers were awesome.The hardest part of my job was slow nights. On slow nights I would finish my work early and then get sleepy,so I would have to make up things to do. Once I cooked an extra dish that was not on the menu,although all the customers loved it, I sort of got in trouble for it.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make so many people happy. It's a really wonderful feeling.
summary of job experience
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 21, 2012
Great company to work fot. Staff very personable and professional.Baptist allowed for promotions, training and growth within the company.
very unfriendly, uncaring environment
Collections (Current Employee), Louisville, KyMay 20, 2012
Pros: pay is considered decent
Cons: personal climate, distance, attendance policy
When an hourly low performance employee is best friends with a Supervisor of the same dept, it creates a real unpleasing hostile environment. This place is very strict about everything, you cannot talk to co-workers, and online/cell phone use is strictly prohibited, UNLESS you are the best friend of the supervisor. Then you are allowed to take one hour breaks, vs the 30 minute breaks other employees are very strictly limited to, peruse Facebook at leisure, pay bills online, shop on line, and take and make unlimited personal phone calls.

Management here is poor, and very uncaring. You and your family are never taken into consideration. Attendance is ran on a point system. So if u have young kids, you won't make it here-UNLESS of course you are the supervisors best friend. The training here also consists of, here's where you sit, call if u need help. However the team lead in my department goes out of their way to not help you. Other employees comment that no one gets trained there properly, and you have to train yourself. But don't ask a co-worker for help, you'll get an email telling you to not talk to people.

Someone last week, clocked out 7 seconds early. This was an honest mistake because the staffer we clock in and out on is not in sync with pc's time (which we have told management about over a year ago). The Employee received a point for this problem. They would not fix their time out, and issued them a point.

People here work with their heads down, and never smile or speak. We are told not to get up from our cubicles through the day. Only at the end of shift to get or make copies, and send faxes. People here are also always sick. ALWAYS.

If there is an exceptional amount of traffic on an expressway on your way in, and you get held up. You will get a point.
GREAT SMALL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL IN ATMORE ALABAMA.
SONOGRAPHER (Current Employee), ATMORE, ALABAMA, MAIN HOSPITAL IN PENSACOLA, FLMarch 13, 2012
Pros: discounted lunches, everyone knows everyone, and is greeted with a smile.
Cons: pay is not so good in this area.
ATMORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL IS A SMALL BRANCH OF BAPTIST HEALTHCARE LOCATED IN ATMORE ALABAMA.
THIS IS A SMALL HOSPITAL WITH MINIMAL BEDS. THE EMPLOYEES ARE ALL ON A FIRST NAME BASIS AND WE GREET EVERYONE WITH A SMILE. THE HOSPITAL IS A GREAT LOCAL BUSINESS AND DON'T LET THE OUTSIDE FOOL YOU. WE ARE INDEED SMALL, BUT STAY VERY BUSY.