Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive, team dynamics a plus, Patient centered organization
Supervisor of Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2017
I loved working at Baptist Hospital, but when new management came in the work place became so stressful and the focus of patient centered care and taking care of their employees went out the door.
Caring for patients in acute Rehab
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 14, 2017
I started my shift at 7 P.M. I went in reviewed all of my doctors orders
and then went into each patients room to assess them and introduce myself. I learned a tremendous amount at this job to much to mention since, it was my first job as a Registered Nurse. I learned most of my skills at Baptist hospital. The job became very challenging when I was responsible for 11 patients on my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with my piers and patients.
Pros
Benefits and retirement package
Cons
11 patients on my shift
Good company, but could be sooo much better!!
Patient Care Technician/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
Needs to do better for their employees.Everything can not simply be about the bottom line. If the organization wishes for their employees t be more loyal and more longterm career minded, then Baptist needs to invest in them as well.
Love this opportunity
Joint Commission Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 11, 2017
I feel fortunate for all the tools that I obtained while working at a hospital that was focused at the time on the patient experience. I loved the staff it was a patient centric facility and the staff and leaders really worked well together.
Not a good place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2017
Low staff and not enough supplies to care for the patients. This is not a good company to work for. They are not tentative towards the employees. Management is constantly changing. I have only been employed for one year and seen four floor managers.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY STUDENT-CLINICAL (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJuly 8, 2017
Good place culture, independent work, Balance between productivity and documentation time, hardest part of the job is rotation between different units.
Excelente
Nursing Assistant and Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2017
Un excelente lugar para trabajar, ahora que me jubile,después de 23 AÑOS me siento satisfecho con esta empresa.
productive and professional heath care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 3, 2017
medical assistant duties , helping with charts preparation ,preparation of treatment rooms, phlebotomy measure vital signs , general office work calling pharmacy for med refills
loved this job
ADMINASTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2017
Never a dull day at the hospital, everyone was always full of joy, when the patients were in good moods they would definitely uplift your spirit. Definitely a company to remember
High stress
Registered Nurse- Telemetry (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78215June 30, 2017
I don't know why I have to answer this question again, I already said I didn't like this place to be at. Too high of stress level and management doesn't want to turn patitin
Pros
high intensity
Cons
high patient ratio
I love working with the different types of staff in the different departments.
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2017
A typical day of work was entering the doctors and nurse order that are on the patients charts. Helping the family members with their needs like: finding certain areas of the hospitals, getting their in touch with their nurse or tech.
Pros
Dealing with all types of culture, learning the different aspects of the health care system.
Cons
Not enough time to take a short break, No one to relieve you when needed.
very busy place to work, never a dull moment at baptist hospital.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 28, 2017
Very busy place to work, never a dull moment at baptist hospital. Great upper managment at baptist. Lots of changing faces all the time which I did't like about working there. Always someone new working.
Pros
Lots of great nurses to work with.
Cons
30 minutes for lunch break.
Family feeling
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 28, 2017
The culture was very inviting and togetherness was special in making people enjoy coming to work everyday and doing whatever they could to get the job done
Fast Pace
Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  MississippiJune 27, 2017
Very fast pace, you learn a lot about people, the management is very good, In patient medical service delivery, the hardest is when a patient expires. The most enjoying is helping someone.
Pros
Helping
Cons
Not helping enough
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2017
great benefit, organized, fair, good pay, chance for improvements. care about the patients and the employees. super clean. opportunity for life long learning
i loved this job
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2017
Working at this hospital was the joy of my day. I was happy to get uo and go to work everyday. I loved meeting the paitents and transporting them,my coworkers were awesome. there was never a day that I didn't want to be there. I miss working there.
Pros
meet new people, drs, nurses, hospital staff
Cons
supervisors are so shallow and they really dont care to much about there employes
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 19, 2017
the supervisor I had was horrible she gave me the job and I was learning the job she was quick to let me go for no good reason. the hospital is awesome but the supervisors are no good.
Great workplace with awesome coworkers
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 17, 2017
I love working in the hospital setting, unit secretary in the ICU and BSW Intern in the ER, both were great and well run. Met some truly hard working and amazing coworkers.
Good and Bad
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 12, 2017
The hospital itself is one of the best in the area with up to date services and equipment available to patients. Management however, is the worst I have ever encountered in any work place. You would be hard-pressed to find any member of management (in any department) that is qualified to do their job. Their pay check is their only motivation.

For the supporting staff, low pay, long hours, and no room for advancement is why so many leave for other jobs.
productive
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 11, 2017
Baptist took pride in customer satisfaction, and stood by their core values. They really take care of their patients and listen to the needs of them. Every year, they are in the top 20 Of the press Ganey survey
Pros
Good atmosphere to work in
Cons
very little given in raises