Baptist Hospital

Baptist Hospital Employer Reviews

It was a GREAT place to work.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed patient care.
Cons: seeing sick people move on.
If I am learning it is always a good thing. The hardest part of the job was leaving there. The most enjoying thing about the job was learning new things,
great place
ADMINITRATIVE TEAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 7, 2014
great benefits and good environment to work in. hour shortage due to ObamaCare forced me to look for work else where
This was not a fun place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2014
The hospital and management did not seem to care if the nurses are able to care for the patients adequately.
ok place
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Arkadelphia, AROctober 2, 2014
nurse/pt ratio not the best
not fun
schedule not the best
opinion doesn't matter
complete insanity
Staff Nurse- Observation/Chest Pain Unit (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
I do not want to work there again. the unit I used to work is crazy. management is bad and the assignments are insane. nurses were burnout and overwhelmed. they have too many admissions coming at the same time. the nurses have to do everybody's job.
It was good to be present there overall
HEALTHCARE ADIMISTRATOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 24, 2014
It was good being there. Learned a good bit there. Management was great and everyone was very friendly. The hardest part was seeing the patients struggle and not being able to just help like you would want. The most enjoyable is just being able to help the patients progress more and more.
Good place to work.
C.N.A (Former Employee), Hous FloatSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work in a hospital.
Cons: point you out the door.
Baptist can be a good place to work. But the way they do you when you need off is a shame. No matter life or death they don't care if you are not there you wont have a job. They make it hard to choose between a love one and your job.
Horrible managers anc company to work for
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Beaumont, TxSeptember 22, 2014
gained great nursing experience but dealt with awful and unfair managers and staff.
Productive and Fun working environment
RT X-Ray Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: digital and computed radiography, film evaluation, and computed tomography
Cons: n/a
It was a fast pace environment dealing with pediatric to geriatric patience whether it be non trauma to trauma patience. The hardest part of the job was getting the ideal image with a trauma patient without hurting the patient. Thinking outside of the box was what i enjoyed the most about this job.

I am also familiar with the proper patient positioning – more... in order to get the best images based on the instruction of the physician, while at the same time making sure the patient is as comfortable as possible.

I am committed to provide outstanding patient care as well as quality work. I always work in a diligent manor and stay organized while completing the necessary tasks. I understand the value of collaborating with co-workers as well as working independently. – less
Busy and constant taking patients for various test.
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good insentive like lunch vouchers when you do a good job
Cons: pushing patients on stretchers all day to different examination.
Daily report for assigning an area you will be stationed for the day. Did that for couple months and then apply to work in a particular area called the TEA Room. In this area we get everything to do with gastrointestinal and Gynecological problems. We are constantly starting IV for fluid and inserting Foleys for Ultra Sound Test, setting up for pelvic – more... examination and lumbar puncture. This was a very busy are, but I loved what I did and totally enjoyed it. There is not much team work, as the nurses did the charting and give medications, and the techs did the other work. There was only two techs assigned to that area, but majority to the times you are working alone as there is a shortage of techs. The hardest part of the job is pushing the stretchers constantly and the most enjoyable part is doing hands on with the patients. Apart from the lack of team work, my experience there was very knowledgeable and enjoyable. – less
Great job
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Corbin, KYAugust 20, 2014
Love it! Great place to work!!! Great people! Gives me the chance to advance and enhance my skills.
Worse ED job ever
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2014
I would not recommend working at this ED. Management was horrible.
Enjoyed the job and ability to be helpful to be compassionate with my patients
Out Patient Pre Surgery RN (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2014
Had freedom to pray with my patients when they wanted to pray. Took pride in my job, trying to do it right and do it to the best of my ability. My patients saw that and felt like they were well cared for physically. They liked that I cared for them emotionally and spiritually as well.
Effective Social woker
Social Worker (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: demands from the md
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able work with people who allow me to be myself.
Stressful. Needs better management, eliminate personal favoratism
Dietitian's Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free meals with a budget
Cons: too much favoratism, lack of communication, needs better management
Enjoyable part of my job is helping patients with their nutritional needs. Providing nutrition education to those who want it.
Nice co-workers
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2014
I liked working with the other nurses here and made lots of good friends.
Productive place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Kendall, FLJuly 26, 2014
very good place to work. excellent benefit package. with friendly coworkers with a lot of opportunities to grow
Best place to work , because the employees are very skilled
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: lab week, free food
Cons: two shortbreaks
I enjoyed working with all the lab employees , they were like family. We worked and had a fun time being productive. I enjoyed my coworkers ,because their skills was on point .My coworkers did their work and made sure to complete their work load before their shift was over. They also restock the lab carts to better serve the customer.
Taking Care of Others
Registered Nursing Student (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 16, 2014
Everyday was unique in the fact that, I was able to meet new patients and their families.
I learned the benefits of working with others and the value of teamwork.
Co-workers were all members of the same hardworking, dedicated and multidisciplinary team.
The hardest part was always wondering if enough had been done.
Seeing others in pain was also extremely – more... hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with other people.
Building a rapport with a patient and their family, allowed for a better assessment of their needs and goals. Being able to converse with these people and do everything in my power to make someone's day just a little tiny bit better. Having opportunities to experience a workday such as that, is wonderful and absolutely a major goal. – less
a good place to work
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), winston salem north carolinaJuly 2, 2014
its a good place to work , just as long as you dont mind working 3rd shift and first shift

1 2 3 4 5

About Baptist Hospital

Built in 1948, Baptist Hospital of East Tennessee, a 329-bed acute care full-service hospital, has become the premier facility – Read more