Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLAugust 12, 2016
The hospital culture can be very demanding. The culture at Baptist Hospital Gulf Breeze is awesome! The everyone in the hospital is very friendly and outgoing. They are like a big family.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Non
Great boss there
Senior Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 8, 2016
busy, mailing machines and sorting mail. Very lazy co workers, just did more then expected of me, then called it a day. Took patient packages to them, delieved all mail throughout the hosp
Pros
great boss
Cons
whiney employees
My Experience as a Pt. Transporter II
Patient Transporter II (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 21, 2016
My job position is often hectic due to the demand of patients which require transport. My job takes me throughout the hospital in various areas for numerous reasons. I enjoy the patient/ family interaction while I transport them to and from procedures be it by bed, stretcher or wheelchair. It's nice to get them to their destination and recieve a smile and a Thank you. It makes you feel appreciated for what you do and a little goes a long way with the short amount of time you spend with them.
Pros
The pay is decent and overtime is optional.
Cons
The management of this department could use a refresher course in professionalism.
Family Nurse Practitioner
Observation Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 21, 2016
A Family Nurse Practitioner with nursing experience for the past 7 years. As an NP I am looking to practice in a culturally diverse center. Provide safe and effective patient care working in collaboration with other physicians and independently decision making.
Great Place to work
Liaison between Doctors and Patient (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2016
Enjoyed my time with Baptist and hate the position ended. I had a great working relationship with my co-workers and the patients.
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
Long Hours
Great job for students
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 12, 2016
This job presented so many opportunities for me. It worked well with my schedule. Being a full time college student can be challenging at times but this job allows you to be a student and support yourself financially.
Great Place to work
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 9, 2016
I have only been here for about a month in a half but my department is pretty laid back. Everyone is friendly and easy to get along with.
Intensive Care Step Down Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2016
Excellent place to work and learn. Enjoyed working there. I would work there again. Made many friends while working there.
Make your own enjoyment
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 3, 2016
Baptist Hospital was a great place to work, but all business. Taking care of people and their needs becomes very emotional. Management is very structured and professional and provide that for all employees. Hardest part about this job is the sick children.
Benefits
Cons
Emotional
Learning environment with opportunities for growth
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2016
Baptist Hospital is an excellent place to work. It provides it's employees many learning opportunities and growth options.
Changing lifes
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2016
Enjoying the satisfaction that comes from helping others. Adding the quality of health care by helping the patients.
Provided compassionate, professional care to cancer patients.
Director, Baptist Regional Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 14, 2016
Directed staff of RNs, LPNs, CNAs, Tumor Registrars, Radiation Therapists, and clerical staff in chemotherapy, radiation therapy and clinical research. Staffed physician committee for Oncology Services; established 2 satellite radiation therapy facilities; staffed Institutional Review Board; contracted with pharmaceutical companies for clinical research, following and passing FDA regulations and on-site evaluations. Raised funds for the Baptist Health System Foundation. Served on Hospital Management Team and various committees for Quality Assurance; participated in test efforts and reviews by The Joint Commission.
Pros
Patient care; great professional staff and physicians
productive
cna (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2016
While working at baptist hospital I had a great time with my staff and patients. My job as cna at baptist was fair and it was a great experience.
Pros
money, staff
Cons
n/a
A Great Culture
Employment Consultant/Employment Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 6, 2016
Baptist Hospital has a great culture they teach and abide by when dealing with co-workers, patients, and visitors of the hospital.
PHELBOTOMY (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 2, 2016
Productive and great place to work very nice people I love my supervisor and tl great place to work. My co- workers are the hardest work we all get alone and get the job done. I love my baptist family
good company to work for
Environmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2016
I liked interacting with different people daily
loved working everyday to see a smile on the patients face
liked making the patients happy
nice place to work
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 27, 2016
Good team work culture at this hospital. I learned my basic customer service here. I had the best boss, she taught me a lot. She inspired me to be a boss.
Pros
great healthcare benefits
Cons
turn over rate was high
Interesting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLMay 22, 2016
I've got to experience working in a hospital ,and being around patients ,nurses , doctors . however some of the people working there was rude , and two faced .No matter how respectful I was , and one of the AP's ( Administrative partner ) was nice to me one time , and the other she was really rude also mean . She also treated me like a maid when I was just a volunteer she would get mad at me if I made a simple mistake . For example one time I didn't hear her say take the linen cart back , than she and a patient started laughing and making fun of me . another example there was also times when she would send me down and buy her lunch for her , because she was to lazy to go get it herself and if what she ordered wasn't right she would get mad at me and yell . I was only a volunteer my job was to run errands for the Nurses that were to busy not a personal maid service .Also There was some that was really sweet to me
Pros
Free lunch, Hospital experience, Health care experience, made some friends
Cons
The eight dollar limit for the volunteer lunch, and the short breaks
It was a wonderful learning enviroment
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 6, 2016
A typical day was calm. I learned to be a good observer. Management was very nice and the co-workers were very helpful the hardest part was seeing the client in pain and the most enjoyable was seeing the clients overcome their life challenge.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive fast pace atmosphere
Quality Control Indexing Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work consists of sorting a lot of paper, and inputing info in sytem. I have learned greatly how to pay close attention to detail. Management is pretty good, and co-workers are friendly.