Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews

Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 20, 2018
I only worked there about eight months, but in that length of time it appeared to be a good place to work. relaxed atmosphere and a chance to deal with people and secure the premises.
Great place
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Great place to work cause you got the chance to meet different people and brighten there days sometimes when they were down. I also liked it cause it was fast paced and constantly stayed busy.And the hours were great
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Discounts
learned environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2018
schedule doesn't work management not willing to help great environment to learn fast paced co workers not the best in department down time in summer short schedules
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
schedule
Fast pace
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to learn, fast pace, nurse ratio per patient too many, friendly staff, change in management frequently, doctors not so friendly, short staff.
Pros
good place to learn for a new nurse
Cons
too many patients per nurse
New Nurse
Health Unit Coordinator, Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32207February 8, 2018
I was a new nurse back then but despite of the hardship of a beginner I had good team at night that supported and guided me through out my stay in Baptist. It was a pleasant environment although short lived.
Corporate culture is deplorable
Staff Nurse in Cardiac Stress Lab (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Management treats human resources as resources and not human. Only care about bottom line. Horrific, off-site parking for staff members. Underpaid and overworked.
Productive and Challenging place to work.Career Grow
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2018
Baptist Health has excellent Education program to fit your Profession. If you want to in a Professional health care as part of a team supporting staff, Baptist Health Hospital maybe the perfect job. My duties includes being responsible for collecting blood samples from patients, labeling them correctly and sending them off for analysis and testing.I learned to have a good attitude and calm and friendly manner with the ability to put patients at ease, and tousles shoot inquiries, explaining the procedure to patients,the hardest part of the job sometime the safely of hypodermic needle's accidents. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in ER Traumas Unit
Pros
Career Grow, Educational Nursing Programs, Professionism
Cons
Short Breaks due to short staffs
Great Co-Workers but Unfair Supervisors
PATIENT ACCESS REP II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Wonderful company. Great co-workers. Management could be a little more apprehensive to what is going on around them and follow the guidelines rather then only doing so when it is beneficial to them.
ER is outstanding
Emergency Medicine NP (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 30, 2018
Staff work well as a team and the Doctors are easy to work with. Allow autonomy but are near-by and ready to give their expertise. Nursing staff are well trained and work great as a team.
Very interesting place to work
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxJanuary 30, 2018
Located in the heart of downtown San Antonio and located near a homeless shelter. This made for some very crazy encounters at times from unwanted guest in the building.
Baptist Medical Center
Unit Secretary/Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29201January 28, 2018
I was in school when I was working at Baptist Medical Center. I appreciated the opportunity to work in this facility, as well as work with genuine nurses who loved their jobs
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not able to work once I started classes
A great place to work
Education Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Baptist Health is a large company, but Administration is kind, patient focused, and they treat their employees fairly. I would recommend Baptist Health to anyone.
It was a good job to start off my career
RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2018
It is very tough, fast paced. The patient load was 6:1 and sometimes these patients were very heavy and needy, which would accumulate to having more than 6 patients. What I did like was the teamwork on my unit.
Pros
my unit teamwork
Cons
clientele
Pharmacy technician
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, I.V. ROOM (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 23, 2018
Worked 2 different shifts on a rotation and loved working there. When I started I worked in unit dose and then was promoted to iv room and learned a lot. Very sterile environment. Hardest part was leaving and relocating to california.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Having to leave
baptist
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 22, 2018
a typical day at work is very busy and can be very stressful at times. I have learned many valuable things as a new nurse and gained some great experience. I feel that if the management could be better. I enjoy the nurses I work with, we work very well together.
Sheryl Williams Typical day at BMC
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Review payment and denials from insurance company. Worked eobs. Made phone calls to insurance companies with smile and excellent customer service. Spoke with patients with smile and excellent customer service regarding their eobs. The hardest part of the job was telling patients that their insurance denied their service do to something that we did not do and or not provide them.

I loved helping patients with their insurance.
Pros
near my house
Cons
Our cars received damaged from rain.
Separation of maternity units needs to be addressed and changed.
RN (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJanuary 15, 2018
This is an excellent position for a newly graduated or minimally experienced RN in the area of labor/delivery/postpartum. The unit is now separated due to overgrowth but hopes are there for a future of a safe, contained maternity unit.
Great Experience
Associate Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work at and I loved it. I was a Proud Baptist employee. Until I become injured severely and the mistreatment began. My life has forever altered and Baptist failed me continuously. As long as you make them money, you are great until you start to cost them money.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Injury on the job
Stressful * poorly managed
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Typical day would be working as a neonatal nurse. Would do assessment on the infants. take infants to mothers perform teaching to the mom's infant care. take care of level 1 & 2 infant's. Management would not be fair to to her employee's. Would get pulled to floors had no experience at.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
poorly staffed
Career starting work place
Admissions Clerk/ Out-patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSJanuary 12, 2018
I worked for 3 years here and management is the worse when it comes to making logical judgments. You are over worked and under paid and not appreciated for the job that you do. Favoritism is shown at this job and you don't get fair judgment.
Pros
discounted lunch and medical insurance
Cons
prejudice, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.