Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

A good company to work for.
Home Health Intake Coordinator/PAS Rep II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLMay 15, 2016
Excellent benefits and culture within the Baptist Health System. The culture is diverse. Educational opportunities available as well as the ability to learn other positions in the company.
Great Place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2016
Awesome management, great co-workers, great benefits, had a lot of work hours as well as some overtime. My manager was really great and I got great paid time off.
Pros
Benefits, hours
Cons
Lunch was too short
Very Productive, fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32207April 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working here because I met alot of people and I was able to be a mentor to alot of children who all come from broken homes. I was a really cool job.
I Enjoyed and Love Drawing Blood
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2016
I got to work with good people that enjoyed doing what I love to do. It was a pretty good work environment, and the pay was good. I drew blood, and I even got to work in Toxicology during the week. I got to work in the ER, ICU, Mental Lock-Up Unit, Rehab, and Mom and Baby Units. I really enjoyed working there, it is just the really long hours that affected my health to point where it affected my job performance.
Pros
Enjoyed Drawing Blood, taking care of the patients, and working with my co-workers
Cons
Very Long Hours, no benefits
Nice place to work in
Associate Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 31, 2016
The typical day involved checking vital signs on patients, bathing patients and assisting them to the bathroom if needed as well as any other service the doctor nurse may need. I learned how to effectively draw blood for lab requests, arterial blood gas tests , EKG placements as well as inserting catheters for urine output. The coworkers were nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job wasn't had at all. Things were fairly easy after receiving the necessary training to accomplish the task. The most enjoyable part of the job was I never had too many tasks to accomplish at a given time.
Pros
Good pay and very good hours
Cons
Body fluid spills and moving heavy patients alone when no help is available
Baptist Hospital is a great place to work.
DIETARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West End, ALMarch 28, 2016
working at BAPTIST MEDICAL CENTER was challenging and rewarding because you help the patient in so many ways. Management was great. Coworkers were great to work with. i enjoyed every part of my job there.
Pros
learning about the different menus for the patients
Excellent experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2016
You get to learn all different people. You learn new ethnicity and culture. You see different types of illnesses. Your learn the basics of nursing.
work at hospital
Environmental Service Technician Phone (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 9, 2016
work clean patients rooms and cleaning offices building rooms.we had a great supervior and great co-works. I enjoy helping people.
Pros
great place
Cons
na
Friendly co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Work kept me busy. The were many different individuals that worker well together. The staff in all departments were friendly.
great team work
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2016
great place to work!!!!!!! great team work, plenty of staff. I really enjoyed working at Baptist medical center. would highly recommend this hospital to everyone for employment and health care.
Pros
cafe discount
Cons
at times overstaffed. if you were pool sometimes only one day a week avalible.
would be a great place to work if they had better management in environmental servi
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2016
get cart together .clean rooms, bathrooms, work stations, and etc. make sure the hospital is clean for the patients, their families, and the staff.
Pros
weekends and holidays off
Cons
management
Productive work place with team work!
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2016
To work as an Unit Clerk requires specialized skills, because balancing needs of: patients, families, physicians, and nursing staff. Each day was never dull nor without something to do! The hardest part of employment was having patient wait for a procedure or not having some to visit. However, best part of my job was satisfaction, ALL patience needs being met!
Pros
Patient care priority
Excellent Nursing choice
Clinical Educator, Baptist Medical Center South (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2016
I enjoyed my experience at Baptist Medical Center fully. I can say that it was satisfying, fulfilled, supportive, and I would return if I were in the area.
Pros
Excellent support staff
Cons
HAD TO MOVE
Prefer Not Too
Food Associate I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2015
I go in and help tray line workers make sure, carts are filled, stock is done, don't have assigned floors so once a food cart is filled wit trays i push the cart to the floor and distribute the food by name on ticket verification, then go back and get pick up each tray i delievered, for each cart i take to the floor in the hospital.
Promotion of patient care with smile.
Patient Care Coordinator & Diet Office Tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 20, 2015
Company's objective was to serve the customer/patient to the best of our ability with comfort and care showing respect for families and co-workers, report any health risk to management, also to get the job at hand done in an excellent and timely fashion, making sure the patients had a pleasant experience.
First cna job every
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2015
Was glad that they pick me to come to work for there company. I learned a lot for the nurses that I worked with on a daily. they are a great company to work for.
Pros
free coupons for lunch
Cons
some time short of staff.
Great place to start
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2015
This hospital can be a very busy place to work especially on the Med/Surg floor. It is a great place for new nurses to learn and gain experience. It is also a good place to learn how to teach others since there are students who gain clinical experience there. It is currently undergoing some changes with its acquisition by Tenet, by in time that will begin to level out.
Productive and action packed place to work.
Advanced Unlicensed Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 10, 2015
I loved it when I was there. I learned soo much. There were some great nurses that did not mind teaching those of us that where still in Nursing School.
Pros
Large hospital
Cons
short breaks
Great place to learn and grow
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2015
Fast paced environment you are sure to learn and grow in. Very busy, you are asked to do a lot of work for your title. Low compensation for duties assigned.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
low compensation for EMTs
My job provides new learning opportunity
Certified Nurse Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 31, 2015
Since working at Baptist Medical Center, I have been afforded the opportunity to advance my career in the medical field by working in a cardiac rehabilitation unit. I have learned new skills and learned techniques to further my license as a certified nursing assistant.(CNA). I have worked with a variety of people and work styles and enjoy what I do. I thoroughly enjoy patient care and working with patients on a personal level by providing the care they ask for.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High Turnover Rate