Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews

Director Emergency Management (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2017
Serves as Security, Safety EM, PBX Operator Director and Support Services Division’s internal “safety and compliance officer” with accountability for monitoring, documenting and communicating regulatory and Joint Commission compliance requirements for facilities/engineering, environmental services, construction projects, clinical engineering, food services, parking, transportation and all other department activities.
Pros
fast pace environment
Cons
lack of leadership
loved
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2017
Baptist medical center south was a great place to work I learned the most i ever have, established great relationships that will last a life time with friends and had the best patients
Great place to work.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 13, 2017
I have worked at Baptist Health for 20 years. I only take call at this hospital. The staff have been nothing but nice as well as the Drs. Overall it would be a nice place to work.
Prn was very hard paying bills
PRN (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 11, 2017
I LIKE how this company keeps it words. It is an all year round job if you pick the right position. I would go back to Baptist. Big area to work in, if you like working. Big place and always something to do. But don't go to PRN if you are looking for an all year round.
Pros
nice lunch and much more
Excessive Workload with heavy productivity expectations
Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Physician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2017
Mediocre stressful program without collegial work environment, long days, and management that is not in touch with physician needs. Physicians are overworked and micromanaged.
Pros
Superb nursing and support staff
Cons
Stressful work environment with micromanagement, high daily patient census
Proud to work at this facility
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2017
I worked on orthopedic unit as well as float pool. Cared for preoperavtive and postoperative patients. I worked as a team leader, supervising clinical assistants, as well as total patient care. IV certified, care of dressings, casting, bracing and traction. Placed nasogastric tubes, foley catheters and care thereof. Administered all medications, proficient in IV medications and medication pumps.
Pros
Great benefits. Great patient care.
Cons
Busy, busy, busy.
Great Doctor
Office Manager, Walker Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 1, 2017
Busy, Patient, Great Doctor, Great, when some one died or so sick they have to go in the hospital helping other feel better when they are sick and do not feel well.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
It's a fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 29, 2017
I enjoy working with my pts and I love talking with the family members of my pts. I love being a team player. My works are very enjoyable and pts care is my love
Pros
Helping others
Typical job, management has their favorites
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 15, 2017
A typical job in Montgomery, there's no room for advancement, workplace culture, management has its favorite, it's not about knowledge but who you know or associate with
Pros
Baptist Bucks
Cons
short breaks
Housekeeping
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2017
Though the job requirements are easy to fulfill, as with any position, there are negative points. This position was very routine in it's cleaning duties, however, at times would require working in unsafe areas. Precautions are instructed and required, but there is always a risk when dealing with airborne illnesses.
Pros
Routine
Cons
Unsafe environment
working in the hosiptal is great
Linen Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2017
a typical day at work is very easy as long as you have all your laundry needs. I learned how to work well with people. The hardest part of the job was when I did not have all my clean laundry and the paitents had to wait on clean gowns and towels.
Hospital Life
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmetto Baptist Medical Center Columbia SCMarch 9, 2017
Without a doubt the hardest part of the job was customer satisfaction.
I want everybody,every customer to have a great experience but sometimes it is really out of your control.
They could be having a horrible day,someone close to them died or is badly injured,or they could be having a great day,new baby,grandchild,cancer is remission.
Either way it becomes our duty to help them and most of the time that help means mor than food.
Pros
overall very nice people to work with and for.
Cons
environment/atmosphere would change quickly.
Ta
Technical Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2017
TA is a great position for starting out in the medical field. There is much to learn at Baptist Medical Center. That being said it is a very busy work pace everyday and you are expected to fulfill all your duties while catering to the fast pace atmosphere. If you are a good multitask-er and don't mind being on your feet then you will not have an issue with this job.
Pros
gain medical experience, flexable schedule
Cons
pay
Nice fun and safe atmosphere.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32202February 28, 2017
A typical day at work was hectic and filled with lots of adventure, but it taught me stability and how to endure when things were beyond my control. The company is very people-friendly and diverse. Meeting different people and learning new skill sets was most enjoyable for me. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
N/A
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2017
Professional,enjoyed work enviroment,i really liked the management staff,flexible,warm and encouraging for new job opportunities. Dependable and productive
Pros
Excellent
Cons
enjoyed the entire experiences working with other.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 23, 2017
I enjoyed having the opportunity to learn and grow as a employee at the Baptist among my co-workers. It was a great learning environment that introduce me to so many aspects and principles of security work and a great respect for people.
great place
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2017
i enjoyed working for a large city hospital. it has given me a great experience since it has all aspects of hospital food service including patient and retail as well as vending and catering
Productive and fun place to work, just wanting to find something new and on dayshift.
Information Associate (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 19, 2017
I work nights and on nights everything is quiet and management is a little more helpful because not as many things need to be done, the staff is nice and helpful.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, nightshift, 12 hour shifts
Clean Hospital Environment
Surgical Intensive Care Nurse/Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 13, 2017
Worked as a RN on the SICU unit. Responsible for comprehensive care of the critically ill patient. Fostered an atmosphere of respect and empathy to patients and family.
Pros
Clean Hospital
A good place to learn and get some experience.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 10, 2017
We had 13 techs in Chemistry section and I enjoyed working with every one of them. The opportunity for advancement was not very great but I learned a lot on the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.