Baptist Medical Center

Baptist Medical Center Employer Reviews

Challenging and rewarding carrier in a hospital setting.
Patient Escort (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: interacting with patients and findout their life stories
Cons: meetng patients who were lonely and depressed, waiting for their family.
Interacting with Doctors, nurses, patients, and their families and with other health care workers. Introducing myself to the patients and reassuring them they are in safe hands. I would the patient for transport such as taking patients off in room monitors and oxygen and placing them on mobile devices for transport, and moved them to their destination. – more... I learned how to interact with patients in various stages of sickness, health care workers in various stages of modes. Management was really good. They treated everyone fairly and equitably. Co-workers were hard working and driven to complete the task. The hardest parts were dealing with patients in extreme pain and sickness. Depression was common in the hospital for patients. Talking to patients and finding out their life history was a rewarding part of the job. – less
Continual Growth
HIM Quality Coordinator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2014
I love working at Baptist Medical Center/ HIM Department. You are continuing learnig and growing. I advanced in the HIM Department after only being employed three years with the company.
great work experience
Montclair, nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great work experince to get my medical career started
Cons: night shift
I was a nursing assistant on the orthopedic floor, I was responsible for routine surgery admits, to bathing patients, suture removal, dressing changes, blood pressure, charting and what ever was ask of me. I did.
Enjoyed working with patients and co-workers
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 29, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: benefits
Great Hospital: Wonderful Patients and Co-Workers. Great job, security about position unknown.
Enjoy interacting with others
Floor Finisher (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2014
Pros: working with the team and also have a chance to work by myself
Cons: healthcare was not too good
A day at work allows me to branch out to socialize with others from different backgrounds and going out of my way to help others as if they were my family.
Dedicated teamwork!
Customer Service Representative (contract) (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2014
Being employed with Baptist Medical Center allowed me to be diverse and work with different forms of people who was willing to work as a team. Everyday at Baptist was work the effort and dedication.
Good work enviroment
Associate Care Provider (Former Employee), Fernandina Beach, FLJune 12, 2014
it was a good place to gain experience in the health care field. You learn a whole lot if you are pursuing a career in nursing.
Interesting and exciting work environment.
ER Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: my manager
Cons: parking
I appreciate challenges and Baptist provided those along with the opportunity to learn and progress.
productive
Secretary (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation throughout the year
Cons: wages
Baptist is an Awesome place to work. eveyone is like family. our staff love our patients and their families.
surgical procedures
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2014
very good experience coming out of Surgical Tech school. I learned a lot about the procedures and the anatomy of the body.
Interesting
Head Baker/Cook (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2014
I was the head baker for the coffee cart for Jazzman's. I loved baking all day and seeing how people reacted to new products and there feed back on things i baked. I set up for meetings.
n/a
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2014
• Greeted visitors and provided assistance to finding their destinations.
• Assisted Receptionist in patient information desk as needed.
• Escorted patients to several departments.
• Maintained warm and caring environment for patients.
• Ensured that wheelchairs were always available at the entrance.
good job for mecial backgroun
unit clerk (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 5, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: busy work
Very busy work, I worked in the ER and you had to be able to work under pressure.
great place to work
Cardiovascular Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 23, 2014
Great place to work. Cardiac cath lab provides great care for Acute MI patients.
Excellent staff to work with
Residence Staff Chaplain (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: on call
Very caring staff along with an excellent teaching hospital
Overall great place to work
Associate Care Provider- CNA (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2014
Management sometimes favors certian employees, especially those tenured.
Great company but not great people
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Fernandina BeachApril 4, 2014
Pros: great company to work for; benefit wise.
Cons: hard to get along with senior nurses.
It is hard for me to pin point what went wrong with this job. I learned a lot from my fellow surgical techs and was able to experience many surgeries up close that I could not see during my internships. The problems that I had with this company was that the nursers were constantly on their cellphones. During my stay here I was having a hard time with – more... my pregnancy and could not keep up with the workforce. This is why I believe they let me go, because I was not vary experienced in their fast past facility. – less
ALWAYS PRODUCTIVE
Social Worker- Duties (Former Employee), CARTHAGE, MS.April 1, 2014
Pros: paycheck was honored at the bank
Cons: not very much notice when they told me they no longer needed a fulltime social worker
social work duties are wide and varied, everything from making arrangements for patient MD visits example making appointments to getting the patient to the appointments, admissions process, discharge planning. I have been in the health care profession for over 40 years. I learned to be satisfied with doing the very best job I could do and help someone – more... possibly with their issue for the day. co-workers were helpful, but mostly used for a sounding board for their personal issues. I am a qualified Christian Counselor. the hardest part occurred if I could not assist or could not find the necessary resources for this patient. at the end of the day or session if I helped someone and they look directly at you with tears in their eyes and SAY THANK-YOU SO MUCH I DID NO KNOW WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR PROBLEM. – less
PRODUCTIVE
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 31, 2014
Pros: the patients
Cons: timing on your work
TO REGISTER PATIENTS FOR SURGERY AND TESTING
I LEARNED A LOT
MANAGEMENT WAS GOOD AND WORKING WITH MY CO-WORKERS WAS GREAT
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS THE CHANGE IN THE COMPUTER SOFTWARE.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS THE PATIENTS TALKING AND GIVING THEM ATTENTION
As a contractor, you are given nothing
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2014
Pros: "thrown to the wolves" training, assistance if necessary, autonomy
Cons: lack of managerial communication, always concerned about "end of contract"
Log in, gather tickets, and run out. This is a typical day in which you will be expected to function as a contractor. Every bit of respect you gain is hard-fought and earned.

I learned a great deal about Enterprise functionality for a single IT employee. Novell, AD, and various hospital programs needed to continue serving patients.

Management is minimal – more... at best, with everyone expected to do their jobs with little question. This is a pro and con, as you may get asked 10 times a day what you are doing by 5-8 different people or not even spoken to for a week. Management is also flawed in their communication, not expressing expectations before acting on "errant behavior."

Your co-workers are your lifeline when you first start; locations, directions, and the level of knowledge they have available about the company systems.

The hardest part: knowing you are a contractor with no benefits and little chance to be permanently employed. – less

1 2 3 4 5