Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation

Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation Employer Reviews

Nice organization to work for
Buyer, Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: unprofessional managers
I enjoyed my work at this hospital. I quickly learned the Lawson Ordering system which I ordered supplies for the hospital. My coworkers were great to work with. Just one unprofessional manager that spoke abusively to all of us, made it a difficult working environment.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: management
I work at Baptist East. It is a very toxic environment that strikes fear in employees.
Little to no opportunity to advance professionally
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), MemphisAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: understaffed and poor management
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation is no longer the leader in world medicine. Over the past decade, they have lost their competitive edge in hiring the best and the brightest. Management is not about how hard your work, but about who you know. Benefits and pay have been stagnant for the past decade and many benefits have disappeared or been cut – more... dramatically. The 401k that initially made up for salary differences has been cut and Baptist seems to have a difficult time retaining staff. – less
Productive and rewarding job
Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place if you are a nurse.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2014
This job is centered around nursing, so if you are a nurse you will do fine.
Challenging
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
High Stress Job
Offers some flexibility
Most enjoyable part of the job is constant consumer interaction
Business
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 31, 2014
The particular facility that I've worked at is mostly business minded versus being about their actual mission and statement. Overall it's a job.
Acute Care, ICU RN
Acute Care RN, Medical ICU (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 22, 2014
Baptist ICU is a great place to work with wonderful learning experiences. I have wonderful co-workers and very good management.
Baptist was once a wonderful place to work and I hope it returns to that status someday
Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 20, 2014
When I started with Baptist, the sky was the limit. With the current changes in healthcare and Baptist administrators desire to reduce costs, the staff have suffered. I believe Baptist will return to it's once great reputation within the community, but it will take some time to get there.
Epic Implementation project
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 7, 2014
Worked on Epic Implementation Team and mentor for Analyst.
Welcome to the ER
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Covington, TNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: being able to do my job without micromanagement
Cons: occasional cursing patient
This is by far my favorite job I've ever had. I loved the ability to get my work done without being "babysat". I knew what had to be done and I did it. I got along well with most all of my coworkers and other employees within the hospital. The clients that came in sometimes proved to be irritating because they would be yelling and cursing at you, but – more... you have security and the police if things get too far out of hand. You have to remember they are there because they are sick or hurt. Otherwise, it was wonderful. – less
hard work
Staff RN-LTAC unit (Current Employee), memphisMarch 1, 2014
Pros: competitive wages
Cons: all you do is pass pills
spend an entire 12 hr shift passing meds; patients are really sick; the nurse to patient ration is too high for patients of this acutity level; the hardest part is that you are so task driven that it is nearly impossible to provide adequate, safe, and accurate care. ALOT nurse managers...why? on the up side wonderful co workers; polite, respectful, – more... & team players...if not you could never survive a 12 hr shift – less
Overall great place to work
Director of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering (Current Employee), Collierville, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Have worked for BMHCC for many years and thoroughly enjoyed my job.
The worst
respiratory (Former Employee), Columbus, msJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: to many to list
It suxs. They lie straight to your face. Hire you for 80 hours and never let you work it. Demands you use vacation time when its slow and rather work prn staff. Always never had enough staff to cover any emergency, codes, or ER. I'd stay away. Well below market for salaries for that area.
No longer the leader in healthcare it was in the past
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2013
At one time, Baptist was an excellent corporation that operated true to its mission, vision, and values but sadly in the last few years this has changed.
Federal Billing Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2013
A typical day of work is busy from the beginning of the day until the end of the day. There are calls that need to be made on a daily basis to insurance companies, return calls to patients and claims that need resubmisson on a daily basis. The work is fast paced and you should be able to complete your duties with minimal supervision.
productive and positive environment
PRN (Current Employee), Collierville, TNOctober 11, 2013
It is simply a great place to work. The staff is always polite and helpful to the patient and family of the patient needs.
Beautiful office, location and great neighbors
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2013
Pros: 403b/benefits were great when i started working here
Cons: unable to take off work due to not having enough coverage
I get to communicate with so many different people and I love it!! Its wonderful to be able to make a difference in others lives and I love the advice I receive from them about their life experiences.
Staying busy were a good thing to me.
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 9, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: no bathroom breaks, short breaks, and hardly no lunch.
A typical day at work is getting over 100 some patients in the ER and working hard to all get them in and out. I have learned that working in the ER can be challenge and staying busy is what I like. Management were ok. My co-workers were a challenge, but we got through and worked together. I am a team player and like to keep people motivated. The hardest – more... part of the job is when the system goes down and rushing to get everything in when the systems comes back up. The enjoyable part of my job were interacting with the patient and listening to them. – less
Good team members
Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2013
fun fast paced work with good team members
learned several computer skills such as microsoft word and excel
fair management
great co-workers

About Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation

Baptist Memorial Health Care, an integrated system of hospitals and ancillary patient-care settings, offers an exciting environment – Read more