Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation

Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation Employer Reviews

hard work
Staff RN-LTAC unit (Current Employee), memphisMarch 1, 2014
Pros: competitive wages
Cons: all you do is pass pills
spend an entire 12 hr shift passing meds; patients are really sick; the nurse to patient ration is too high for patients of this acutity level; the hardest part is that you are so task driven that it is nearly impossible to provide adequate, safe, and accurate care. ALOT nurse managers...why? on the up side wonderful co workers; polite, respectful, – more... & team players...if not you could never survive a 12 hr shift – less
Overall great place to work
Director of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering (Current Employee), Collierville, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Have worked for BMHCC for many years and thoroughly enjoyed my job.
The worst
respiratory (Former Employee), Columbus, msJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: to many to list
It suxs. They lie straight to your face. Hire you for 80 hours and never let you work it. Demands you use vacation time when its slow and rather work prn staff. Always never had enough staff to cover any emergency, codes, or ER. I'd stay away. Well below market for salaries for that area.
No longer the leader in healthcare it was in the past
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2013
At one time, Baptist was an excellent corporation that operated true to its mission, vision, and values but sadly in the last few years this has changed.
Federal Billing Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2013
A typical day of work is busy from the beginning of the day until the end of the day. There are calls that need to be made on a daily basis to insurance companies, return calls to patients and claims that need resubmisson on a daily basis. The work is fast paced and you should be able to complete your duties with minimal supervision.
productive and positive environment
PRN (Current Employee), Collierville, TNOctober 11, 2013
It is simply a great place to work. The staff is always polite and helpful to the patient and family of the patient needs.
Beautiful office, location and great neighbors
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2013
Pros: 403b/benefits were great when i started working here
Cons: unable to take off work due to not having enough coverage
I get to communicate with so many different people and I love it!! Its wonderful to be able to make a difference in others lives and I love the advice I receive from them about their life experiences.
Staying busy were a good thing to me.
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 9, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: no bathroom breaks, short breaks, and hardly no lunch.
A typical day at work is getting over 100 some patients in the ER and working hard to all get them in and out. I have learned that working in the ER can be challenge and staying busy is what I like. Management were ok. My co-workers were a challenge, but we got through and worked together. I am a team player and like to keep people motivated. The hardest – more... part of the job is when the system goes down and rushing to get everything in when the systems comes back up. The enjoyable part of my job were interacting with the patient and listening to them. – less
Good team members
Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2013
fun fast paced work with good team members
learned several computer skills such as microsoft word and excel
fair management
great co-workers
Productive and healthy work envirnment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: wonderful benifits
Cons: small advancement oppurtunity
I enjoy working at Baptist Memorial Healthcare, yet I am seeking a better job opportunity
Post-Op
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2013
Pros: helping other people get well and learning from those that have far more experience than myself.
Cons: not enough staff.
Checking morning vitals is how I start my day. The nurses are knowledgeable, and I learn a lot from them. I assist patients in mobility and eating. I assist the nurses with measuring output and getting supplies needed for their work. The hardest part of my job is the workload sometimes, especially when I have twenty-five patients by myself. I enjoy – more... the job because I get to spend my day helping others, which brings me great joy. – less
Truly patient oriented facility
Administrative House Supervisor (Current Employee), New Albany, MSAugust 14, 2013
Pros: set schedule
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
BMH is truly a patient centered facility but is in the process of downsizing. There is no current room for advancement within the organization.
Was a very productive job with plenty of variety.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2013
Was able to provide care for patients of all types & ages. Was able to work in NICU, rehab, in-patient for all ages & diagnoses. The hardest part of the job was when a baby died or any patient died. Satisfaction of seeing patients get better & be able to go home. I have learned that I can not fix all patients.
Very fast paced enviorment
Chargemaster Specialist- Revenue Process Analysis (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 12, 2013
Pros: i live next door
Cons: the dynamic of the team
A very fast paced enviorment with changes daily. Focused on improvment and patient satisfaction in the day to day operations.
former employee
employee (Former Employee), Union CountyJune 6, 2013
Cons: no lunch breaks, no breaks, have to get up in the middle of my day when sleeping to attend a "required" meeting, which was useless
Baptist Union County was the worst place I have ever worked! In all my many years of nursing this one took the cake! It was like stepping back about 20 years when computer charting was not done! That's right! still charting by hand. The patient load is too many to give the kind of care those people deserve. They don't even give baths! Too busy charting! – more... and don't ask for help to turn, etc. All the nurses are busy with their own patients, but if you don't help them, you are not a team player! The manager and cno are too busy being "big fish in a little pond" – less
What I learned
Clinical Data Mgr, Managed Care/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 19, 2013
To be innovation and creative in order to enhance processes! This was best achieved through the strong teams that i served on.
Great place to work if you don't mind being part of a Clique
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Southaven,MsMarch 19, 2013
Pros: sufficient orientation. wonderful preceptorship..
Cons: poor management and cliques, lack of teamwork
I worked for Baptist Desoto in Southaven. I noticed a lot of favoritism when it came to the Patient assignments and admissions. Friends of the Charge Nurses got very light loads.Some had 4 patients while you were assigned to 6 and sometimes got first admit. The Charge Nurses were very lazy and only helped their cliques. They would sit @ the Nurses Station – more... and chat about personal stuff while you worked your behind off. The PCA's were also lazy, had to hunt them down when you needed assistance with patient care. Some co-workers believed in Teamwork and didn't mind helping. – less

– June 6, 2013

Worse than that in New Albany! Nurse Manager was a total JERK! so was the cno!! Too many "big fish" in a "little pond"! If you weren't from New Albany you were left out in the cold, patient wise and employee wise.

Patient oriented foundation. Centered on advancing their processes and moving forward with the changing times in healthcare.
Registered Nursing/Nursing Informatics Analyst (Current Employee), Booneville, MSMarch 12, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: not truly knowing where heathcare is going.
This is a great company to work for. My co-workers are very cordial. We are offered leadership classes. The managers for here for us. The most difficult part of my job is just not knowing where healthcare is going. The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching and educating fellow employees, in regards to patient care.
Diverse workplace and learning institution
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: meeting great people, helping someone
Cons: supplies and equipment
I loved working for Baptist Hospital . I met great people that were coworkers and just ordinary individuals. It was a fair place to work and i learned many thing.I worked on a floor where we were more like family we all did what we had to do to make the floor run like a welled oiled machine.
The hardest part was when we had back to back admissions.
The – more... best part of my job was when i see a family member or patient leave and say thank you and were able to call me by my name . – less
The Best
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Southaven, MSDecember 13, 2012
Pros: lunch deduct
A wonderful place to work. Staff is wonderful and always have a chance for advancement.

About Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation

Baptist Memorial Health Care, an integrated system of hospitals and ancillary patient-care settings, offers an exciting environment – Read more