Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation Employee Reviews

Not worth the money
Secretary (Former Employee), ExeterJune 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: managers are not trustworthy
I am current employee and have been there over 10 years. The reason why I'm still there is because I can't seem to get hired anywhere not even at another Baptist when I know I am more than qualified. This position they are posting has a big turnover rate. Since I've been there it's probably been 10 people that have came and gone. Pay is whack and the managers don't have your back!! Give you two jobs to do and you better not say anything. I'm actively looking for something else. They don't treat their employees as individuals. Human resource manager should've been gone don't follow up with you about anything!!
Terrible Management
Assistant Controller (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 27, 2015
Pros: Decent healthcare benefits
Cons: Long hours, unprofessional management
I worked for this company briefly, and I didn't leave quickly enough! Work hours were ALWAYS long, no compensation for extra hours worked. We were told that 8-5 was not normal for the finance department, yet there were only 2 managers in the entire department, and non-managers should have been compensated for overtime worked. Though I learned a lot, many of the things pertaining to my role that I learned were self - taught. Many upper management "leaders" showed favoritism, even when it was brought to their attention that some things and division of work load was unfair. They did not listen nor seem to care about the heart of people that will really work hard or go the extra mile for the company. They will simply drag your name in the dirt, and leave you out to hang dry alone. I would not suggest applying nor working at this company if you want to have a personal life. Hardest part of the job was defending myself against menial gossip (he said, she said) and never getting real backing from my manager. Nothing I really enjoyed about this job, it was terrible, and I would never want to go back.
Great Company to work for!!
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis TNMarch 13, 2015
I loved working for this company. I gained a lot of knowledge and skill. Meet new people every day. So I loved every thing I learned from this company.
Trusted Organization
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Memphis,TNMarch 11, 2015
Pros: benefits package and annuity offered
Cons: work/life balance
Baptist has been around for over 100 years which says alot to the community! Great care provided by the healthcare workers for each facility.
Low pay, questionable job security
Healthcare Documentation Specialist-Level II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
This job is okay, but low pay and job security in accordance with industry. The management is okay with some flexibility. There are 3100 providers dictating for 14 facilities, so extensive knowledge is needed to perform job.
productive but fun workplace
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: non profit orginazation
Cons: short breaks
on standard and routine patient accounts from third parties and patients to maximize cash receipts. Follow standard procedures and instructions to accomplish assigned tasks using basic problem solving skills. Daily contact with Associates and supervisors in PFS and other MLH departments for the purpose of obtaining information to complete the collection process. Daily contact with patients, patient’s family members, physicians, physicians’ office staff, attorneys, and insurance carriers for the purpose of obtaining information to complete the collection process. Analyzes each account collectability. Collects on accounts to ensure A/R standards and percentage of collections to revenue standards set for the payor groups are met. Ensures the maximum reimbursement is collected, while observing guidelines. Notifies management of inconsistencies in billing practices or changes in regulations.
Admissions
admissions (Current Employee), MemphisDecember 13, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: no free lunches 30 min lunch break
I was very disappointed with Baptist pay, management, etc. Working here is deceiving. I highly recommend not wasting your time. And the point system. ..it will take two years to fall off!!! This is absurd! ! They don't care what happened you will still get a point.
Nice organization to work for
Buyer, Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: unprofessional managers
I enjoyed my work at this hospital. I quickly learned the Lawson Ordering system which I ordered supplies for the hospital. My coworkers were great to work with. Just one unprofessional manager that spoke abusively to all of us, made it a difficult working environment.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: management
I work at Baptist East. It is a very toxic environment that strikes fear in employees.
Little to no opportunity to advance professionally
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), MemphisAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: understaffed and poor management
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation is no longer the leader in world medicine. Over the past decade, they have lost their competitive edge in hiring the best and the brightest. Management is not about how hard your work, but about who you know. Benefits and pay have been stagnant for the past decade and many benefits have disappeared or been cut dramatically. The 401k that initially made up for salary differences has been cut and Baptist seems to have a difficult time retaining staff.
Productive and rewarding job
Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place if you are a nurse.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2014
This job is centered around nursing, so if you are a nurse you will do fine.
Challenging
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
High Stress Job
Offers some flexibility
Most enjoyable part of the job is constant consumer interaction
Business
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 31, 2014
The particular facility that I've worked at is mostly business minded versus being about their actual mission and statement. Overall it's a job.
Acute Care, ICU RN
Acute Care RN, Medical ICU (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 22, 2014
Baptist ICU is a great place to work with wonderful learning experiences. I have wonderful co-workers and very good management.
Baptist was once a wonderful place to work and I hope it returns to that status someday
Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 20, 2014
When I started with Baptist, the sky was the limit. With the current changes in healthcare and Baptist administrators desire to reduce costs, the staff have suffered. I believe Baptist will return to it's once great reputation within the community, but it will take some time to get there.
Epic Implementation project
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 7, 2014
Worked on Epic Implementation Team and mentor for Analyst.
Welcome to the ER
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Covington, TNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: being able to do my job without micromanagement
Cons: occasional cursing patient
This is by far my favorite job I've ever had. I loved the ability to get my work done without being "babysat". I knew what had to be done and I did it. I got along well with most all of my coworkers and other employees within the hospital. The clients that came in sometimes proved to be irritating because they would be yelling and cursing at you, but you have security and the police if things get too far out of hand. You have to remember they are there because they are sick or hurt. Otherwise, it was wonderful.
hard work
Staff RN-LTAC unit (Current Employee), memphisMarch 1, 2014
Pros: competitive wages
Cons: all you do is pass pills
spend an entire 12 hr shift passing meds; patients are really sick; the nurse to patient ration is too high for patients of this acutity level; the hardest part is that you are so task driven that it is nearly impossible to provide adequate, safe, and accurate care. ALOT nurse managers...why? on the up side wonderful co workers; polite, respectful, & team players...if not you could never survive a 12 hr shift
Overall great place to work
Director of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering (Current Employee), Collierville, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Have worked for BMHCC for many years and thoroughly enjoyed my job.