Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

horrible, pathetic workplace
Pre-Certification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 29, 2016
I mostly did pre-certification for high tech imaging procedures. my work environment was the worst. I had a very poor manager and HR manager. He was an incompetent "country boy." He had no idea what to do on certain issues. They are very Christian. If you are not Christian, you will not last. I could not stand it. The environment was unprofessional. I worked in a BMG clinic. It was a place where cussing out co-workers and yelling at people was an acceptable behavior. I had never seen it before. I am so glad that I am leaving in a week. I suggest that you do not work here. If you can go somewhere else, then do it. ugh. one star....
Pros
pay, flexible schedule, discount on cafeteria food
Cons
terrible benefits, terrible HR, terrible management, unprofessional co-workers
Good Place to Work
Tumor Registrar (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 18, 2016
Good Place to Work
Good Benefits
Limited salary scale
Long intervals between promotion
Workload is manageable most of the time
Not a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 31, 2016
I have truly only stayed at this hospital as long because there are not many other acute care options where I live. The only way to succeed at this facility is if you have a personal relationship with people in management. Instead of giving promotions to people who truly deserve them, they are given to people who spend time outside of work with their managers. Managers often don't stand up for their staff when the higher level management mistreats them. If you are a managers favorite, you will get the work schedule you want; everyone else will get schedules with weekends that aren't rotated evenly. We often don't have the staff, supplies, or equipment needed to provide safe nursing care. I do not recommend working here.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Management/staffing
Boss is awesome
Certified Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2015
Good place to work, not the best benefits, no room for advancement, great place for women and children. Coworkers are great.
Not worth the money
Secretary (Former Employee) –  ExeterJune 3, 2015
I am current employee and have been there over 10 years. The reason why I'm still there is because I can't seem to get hired anywhere not even at another Baptist when I know I am more than qualified. This position they are posting has a big turnover rate. Since I've been there it's probably been 10 people that have came and gone. Pay is whack and the managers don't have your back!! Give you two jobs to do and you better not say anything. I'm actively looking for something else. They don't treat their employees as individuals. Human resource manager should've been gone don't follow up with you about anything!!
benefits
Cons
managers are not trustworthy
Terrible Management
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 27, 2015
I worked for this company briefly, and I didn't leave quickly enough! Work hours were ALWAYS long, no compensation for extra hours worked. We were told that 8-5 was not normal for the finance department, yet there were only 2 managers in the entire department, and non-managers should have been compensated for overtime worked. Though I learned a lot, many of the things pertaining to my role that I learned were self - taught. Many upper management "leaders" showed favoritism, even when it was brought to their attention that some things and division of work load was unfair. They did not listen nor seem to care about the heart of people that will really work hard or go the extra mile for the company. They will simply drag your name in the dirt, and leave you out to hang dry alone. I would not suggest applying nor working at this company if you want to have a personal life. Hardest part of the job was defending myself against menial gossip (he said, she said) and never getting real backing from my manager. Nothing I really enjoyed about this job, it was terrible, and I would never want to go back.
Pros
Decent healthcare benefits
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional management
Large site with variety in patient care
RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2015
The organization as a whole is okay and pay was not an issue. It was high nurse/patient ratios that were VERY tiresome, unfair and left one drained after each shift.

There were good employee benefits and lots of perks like onsite gym, Starbucks, cafeteria discounts, plenty of free employee parking that was onsite.
Pros
lots of employee extras in wellness, onsite state of the art gym, meal & gift shop discounts
Cons
high nurse/patient ratios
I love my job, but not so much with higher mgmt.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNFebruary 11, 2016
I work at Baptist Tipton and my boss has been super helpful with my schedule since I went back to school. However, theres a major staffing shortage but all upper management worries about is OT. They make many changes without taking into consideration anything besides money. Its unfortunate because all my coworkers are great, but they all hate working here too.
Top hospital
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 3, 2015
They're very "by-the-book". High standards. Good patient care. Good benefits. Tough to work for. the employees seem like robotic workers amongst each other.
Very supportive clinical management team
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2016
Has a "true" clinical management team. Several managers in the office available throughout the day for clinical support. High work load. Co-workers very nice, aside from a couple of "know-it-all" clinicians. Very high paced agency. Known for quality healthcare, but comes with high turnover rate due to "burnout'
Family oriented environment.
AR Follow Up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2016
Enjoy working with management, supervisor, and coworkers. I have learned a l lot in the short amount of time that I have been in my position and I can carry the experience to any place that I go.
Sometimes the staff and the management was at odds
Staff Nurse ICU/ Float ER/ House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 21, 2016
I worked at Baptist a long time. I loved it most of the time and enjoyed my patients, fellow staff and doctors.The problems seemed to be within nursing administration.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Poor management
Overall a good company to work for.
Administrative Assist / Account Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2012
Urgent care clinic was 3 days a week for 12 - 14hrs a day. Gave free time during the week for other things. Had never worked in medical setting. Learned a lot. My manager was wonderful. Co-workers great. Long hours. Sometimes difficult to grab a bite to eat. Love doing my best to make sick patients have as good an experience as possible; knowing they are feeling poorly.

Physical therapy - regular 5 day work week. Enjoyed patients and co-workers. Learned how to enter patient charges and diagnoses into system. Challenge scheduling for so many people. Love a good challenge.
Pros
great benefits. good people. able to advance in job.
Cons
some things about working for a company that size.
Little to no opportunity to advance professionally
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MemphisAugust 11, 2014
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation is no longer the leader in world medicine. Over the past decade, they have lost their competitive edge in hiring the best and the brightest. Management is not about how hard your work, but about who you know. Benefits and pay have been stagnant for the past decade and many benefits have disappeared or been cut dramatically. The 401k that initially made up for salary differences has been cut and Baptist seems to have a difficult time retaining staff.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
understaffed and poor management
management
Med Surg (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 13, 2016
I was so disappointed in the unprofessionalism of the Med Surg director prior to starting, that I declined to work in the department. If you don't have good management to begin with, what DO you have?
Low pay, questionable job security
Healthcare Documentation Specialist-Level II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2015
This job is okay, but low pay and job security in accordance with industry. The management is okay with some flexibility. There are 3100 providers dictating for 14 facilities, so extensive knowledge is needed to perform job.
benefits
being a CNA is a very physical job
PRN (Former Employee) –  San AngeloOctober 15, 2015
This was a physical job. The hours were made long by a co-worker staff that was backstabbing and petty. Often small groups would gang up and sabotage the work that had been done. It was a very childish group. The management was slow to address any issue. Often the residents were combative. The residents who were sweet and grateful for the help made the job worth it.
Pros
feeling like I had helped someone
Cons
backstabbing, petty co-workers
Trusted Organization
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Memphis,TNMarch 11, 2015
Baptist has been around for over 100 years which says alot to the community! Great care provided by the healthcare workers for each facility.
Pros
benefits package and annuity offered
Cons
work/life balance
great pl
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 12, 2016
This experience was invaluable to me during the time I worked here . I became very skilled and developed a technique that is all my own. My accomplishments here are what moved me forward gave the confidence and know how to do my best .
Not a good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2015
Baptist collierville is a place where i fear working at i dread coming there the people there are not friendly reather if you have a smile on your face or not. Managment sucks and administration sucks ..
Pros
Lazy nurses and aids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9