Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Remote Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 9, 2017
BMHCC is a great place to work and receive care. I worked there for 9 years and was compensated well. My supervisors were very fair. They provided everything I needed to do my job.
Patient Care Assistant
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSJune 7, 2017
Was full time employee but not guaranteed full time pay every week. There are slow days and when that happens you get pushed back with no pay. Usually the assistants get the lowest hours. Hourly pay for the amount of work I did was pathetic. One can not simply support a family on pay of 8 dollars an hour. Staff will whisper and talk behind each others back and some nurses treat others with no respect, as they seem to presume themselves better than other staff. I enjoyed caring for the patients but for the amount of dirty work(bathing, changing diapers, emptying bed pans, feeding, rude, moody attitudes from staff and patients, etc) the pay should be much better!! We do everything a CNA does but with no certs=low pay. My lunch often costed the same as I got paid hourly, not worth it! I can work at Chick Fil A or a gas station and get paid more.
Pros
pca/hospital skills experience, a couple close friendly connections with patients.
Cons
Low pay, 30 Min breaks, Low census.
Go in with your eyes wide open
Manager (Former Employee) –  MemphisJune 6, 2017
Just know going in the core value of this institution is always profit over people, faith is only lip service, and the administration is hypocritical in its actions towards employees across all entities within BMHCC. Read the other reviews and note how many yes votes are attached to the reviews about a toxic work environment and bad higher management. Just know if you work for them you're just another resource, to be used and discarded when no longer needed. I tried for a long time to make it work, but finally had to get out.
Pros
none that could balance out the cons
Cons
toxic culture, poor higher administration, no loyalty to employees
It's like family
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSMay 12, 2017
It's like family bc we are here together mostly everyday. There's teamwork and everyone chips in to get the different jobs done. We enjoy each work habits and we learn every other skills patterns
Pros
Pto
Cons
Ol
I loved it there
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 22, 2017
I really loved the time that I was at Baptist Memorial Healthcare. The job I did there was admission representative and it was an amazing experience. I would still be there if I would have been patient and waited on God to show me signals instead of moving on my own.
terrible place
RN (Former Employee) –  bmcc.orApril 17, 2017
This place is so prejudiced on every level that i know. If you don't know any of the staff. You are out of luck I mean this. The ceo or management needs to do something asap about this situation. You are gonna need new people to work here sooner or later. Get rid of all the old ones that don't care about staff or patients. Word gets around real fast. I wouldn't let my dog stay here let alone work here.
Pros
Cons
terrible
Advancements opportunities are endless.
Case Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2017
The opportunities are beyond great. Great benefits and coworkers. Diversity is outstanding. Great environment. Coworkers in surgery teaches much need information tgat you can carry into schooling.
Pros
Education
Cons
None so far.
Don't do it!
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 5, 2017
I have read another review from May 2015. We HAD to have worked for the same people. They provide NO TRAINING or support for the position which sets you up to fail and WHEN YOU DO, they dog you out. The favoritism is completely evident and it took me a while to realize they don't show you what to do because they ultimately DO NOT know what they are doing as well. The department NEEDS a complete overhaul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
When it was time to go home
Cons
Management, Work load
Great experience
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 24, 2017
I had the joy of meeting and greeting different people on a daily basis. I found joy in assisting with their healthcare needs. Good opportunities in advancement
Horrible place ( former employee)
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2017
Do not and repeat "DO NOT" work in Baptist oncology billing. The director is horrible and the team leader does know jack about billing. They make up rules as they see fit. The point system is the worse I've seen at any company. No room for advancement! Turnover rate in the department is high! Morale is low and people are looking to leave everyday. Your work is monitored by logging what you do each day then reviewed by team leader weekly. Productivity has too be 100% everyday or you will be written up the following week. Stressful environment!!!
Pros
Early work hours
Cons
Pay, no advancement, point system
Small hospital, family like environment.
Director Infection Control, Employee Health (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work. Small hospital. Very little staff turnover. Management staff was very willing to listen to suggestions from employees. Learned how to manage workers compensation. Loved infection control and educating employees on infection control procedures, new products, and policies and procedures.
love this job
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Due to my issue with kid I had to leave but it lovely place to work great staff the employees are very helpful in every way possible. I would direct anyone there.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New Albany, MSJanuary 25, 2017
My days in the pharmacy at Baptist are usually uneventful, which is a nice change of pace from the work that I do in retail pharmacy. It is still a long day of being up on my feet and walking around the hospital all day, but I am used to that. Here, I am able to come in and jump into the workflow and get into my routine of doing things as they need to be done. Overall, I am left to do my work independently, which I love. The days pass by really quickly, and are, for the majority, very peaceful. Also, we have more down time here, which is a plus!
It's a great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 2, 2017
It is all about the best care we can give residents. They are willing to work with you and benefits are great. If you want an place that is just an all around great place to work this is a great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2017
Overall a great place to work and solid organization. Very professional, faith based and conservative. I have been privileged to work there for more than 10 years. My leadership has been very supportive and allowed flexibility to be with family when needed. Advancement has been somewhat slower than I'd like, but the pros definitely outweighed the bad. Although the organization has become more diverse in recent years, there is certainly room for growth in this area.
by the book
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 20, 2016
Baptist is a very by the book corporation which helps the employees know the expectations clearly. I had the opportunity to change positions and broaden my horizon as a nurse.
Meeting and greeting different types of customers and handling various issues with billing and understanding issues with statements
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Business OfficeNovember 29, 2016
Been part of Baptist from February 1982 to present. Prior to Baptist taking over in 1982 was part of Oxford medical center. Have seen many changes in growth and staffing.
Don't do it!
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 25, 2016
I worked on CV Step-down as a Patient Care Assistant and I hated it. The person who trained me set me up for failure. Some of the nurses treat you as their servants. Some of the patients will have transferable infections and you won't be notified at times. They are unappreciative of their employees. You work a 12 hour shift with only a 30 minute lunches. Last but not least, the pay is terrible!
Pros
Sense of Humor from co workers.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of respect, and low pay.
A great place too work
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSNovember 8, 2016
Baxter Health Care was a good company to work for. I worked there many years. I was able too attend classes for advancement in quality and obtained a quality tech. certificate , accounts payable, and completed a bachelor's degree while I was there.
Pros
able to advance
Cons
I do not have any.
Reliable medical recods specialist who can bring organized and efficient management to medical documentation.
Anaylst III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 6, 2016
Collects,maintains and makes available to authorized users timely,accurate,and complete patient health information. Provided a service first attitude that facilitates the delivery of healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval