BAPTIST MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

BAPTIST MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARDecember 11, 2014
In a Director role, many meetings. Would like to see a decrease in meetings, more work could be accomplished.
Just not the same company when I started
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Southaven, MSDecember 8, 2014
I have been at Baptist a long time and I have learned a lot there, but it seems it use to be a better place to work than it is now. Jobs are being cut and moral is just not the same anymore. I really hate to see this happening.
Worst Job Ever!!
EKG Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 7, 2014
Pros: not one thing
Cons: everything
They don't want to pay you what you are worth but they want to over work you constantly. I worked for Baptist East almost a year before I said forget this and quit. I worked in telemetry and the manager was horrible. She didn't listen to her employees and she was never there. They made you watch more patients rythyms than what you were suppose to and – more... it was a daily thing because we didn't have enough workers. If someone called in we would have to ask someone on first shift to stay over and pray they do. Oh and the pay was horrible, I really couldn't believe if u start on first shift you are only making 10.00 a hour. You can make that at Wal-Mart as an associate and get 10% off what you buy and come out better. 10 dollars and keep in mind that your job is to monitor patients hearts and notify the nurses if something goes wrong, to pay your employees that less and overwork them means they could care less about their patients, because when you under pay and over work your employees they tend to not do a good job because they don't care. I would never work there again and I most definitely wont go as a patient. Someone else need to be given control over Baptist and reevaluate it and fire all those corrupt managers and directors and ceo who getting all the money and not paying the over worked employees. That's why so many have quit went else where. Believe me you don't want to work here but you have to take my word for it, just ask any of their employees, or just go ahead and work for them and find out for yourself. – less
Ok Job
CLINICAL STAFF PHARMACIST (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 4, 2014
Early mornings and long nights; Management was ok; Enjoyed my co-workers; Enjoyed meeting new people and learning about new systems; sometimes short-handed in the evenings and on weekends; many opportunities for Live CE
exciting
linen tech (Current Employee), oxford,msNovember 19, 2014
Pros: got to help others
learned to deal with cooperate company.. deals with management in dept and with outside linen company...managment showed favortism.. would not help when short handed..
fun staff
Prep/cook (Former Employee), Oxford, MSNovember 10, 2014
this job requires steel nerves and alot of patience. the work isnt hard
Registered Nurse Step Down Unit
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Step Down Unit (Former Employee), Oxford, MSNovember 9, 2014
Always had great team work. Constant turnover, new nurses always coming and going. Nurses Aid always being pulled.
High stress but I loved it.
Health Information Analyst (Former Employee), MSNovember 3, 2014
Pros: received my experience.
Cons: high stress, short lunch breaks and no other breaks.
Sorting documents, analyzing, finding charts to be put into the EMR. I learned everything I know about health information here. Management was over used and over stressed, causing overstressed coworkers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with management. The easiest part of my job was when management left me alone enough to do my job (micro-manager).
Fun Workplace
Secretary (Former Employee), Pontotoc, MSOctober 29, 2014
Enjoyed my time there. Loved meeting new people. Selling cars was an enjoyable experience. Always met new people.
Great culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2014
Helpful coworkers always getting the job done and flexible schedule. You will always know what's going on with the hospital thru quaterly meetings and what you can do to increase patient satisfaction. Everyone works together as a team
Productive and fun workplace
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 20, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: short lunch breaks, not enough work hours.
As a health unit coordinator, my goal is to keep the unit running smoothly. I admit and discharge patients, create armbands and the patient's charts, consult physicians, and handle all secretarial duties that need to be done at the nursing station. I enjoy being a part of a team that's working together to make people feel better.
PRN therapist
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), MemphisOctober 15, 2014
I enjoyed my employed with Baptist Hospital. Great staff who were focused on excellent patient care.
worked as an intern
Nurse Intern (Former Employee), memphis tnSeptember 29, 2014
I would follow the nurses and do what ever I was allowed and told to do.Answers patients call bells promptly and courteously. Assists with orientating residents and their families to the hospital on admission and to the unit when transfers occur. I did a lot of filing. I worked some nursing assistance position when needed.
Strenuous work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2014
You have to be able to multi-task
You have to be a people person as you are taking care of patients
You have to be computer literate and easy to train on the hospital computer system
Transplant ICU is the best unit to work for in Memphis!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2014
Cons: the hospital system is being affected by all the current changes in healthcare.
The CPTU is a great unit to work in, the immediate management is supportive and the staff is great. The work environment is fast paced, mentally challenging, and emotionally rewarding.
Large regional hospital for the mid-south.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2014
The Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis campus includes the flagship hospital of the Baptist Memorial Health Care system. Opened in 1979, the hospital is located adjacent to the I-240 loop. Also located on the Baptist Memphis campus is the 30-bed Restorative Care Hospital. With almost 27,000 discharges, 55,000 emergency department visits and 14,000 surgeries – more... in 2010, Baptist Memphis is one of Tennessee's highest volume hospitals. – less
great work enviroment but not very much room for advancement
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Phlebotomist) (Former Employee), MSSeptember 18, 2014
I enjoyed my co-workers and management but the opportunity to advance is not there.
Challenging
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Very well respected company. Enjoyed working for them and the challenging work experiments/
Great first year as an RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALSeptember 1, 2014
First year as graduate RN and in Critical Care, good support and good experience
A great company to work for!
Progressive Care Nurse (Current Employee), Columbus, MSAugust 15, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Baptist Memorial Hospital, both the Booneville Hospital and the Golden Triangle hospital.

1 2 3 4 5