Baptist Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

great coworkers
Ventilator setup, management (Former Employee), Oxford, MSAugust 26, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: did not like half shifts hour from 12:30pm till 12:30am
overall a good place to work with a variety of skills needed and good variety of culture and skilled coworkers competitive pay advancement for coworkers that desired advancement could be a lot better
fun atmosphere
Assist patients (Former Employee), Southaven, MSAugust 12, 2015
I have learned so much about how to care for a person that is in the hospital. I was able to make sure that the patient was comfortable and if they needed any type of help I would make sure that they had the necessary things that they needed other than their medication because I was not qualified to give out medication.
Horrible experience
Rn(Med/Surg/Snf) (Former Employee), snfJuly 20, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management, does not pay enough money
dumped patients and md never wanted to properly attend to patients, managers and supervisors had bad attitudes but expected more professionalism from you, loved some of coworkers pretty great team of people to work with most of the time, hardest part was coming in to work, enjoyed working with coworker
Baptist Memphis, TN CVICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: no lunch was very common; almost expected
I worked in the CV ICU for over 2 years straight out of college. A typical day included monitoring, assessing, administering medications to 2-3 CV ICU patients, typically 3 patients. I collaborated with other nurses, management, physicians, and case management. Management as far as Charge Nurses were very present and helpful. However the Head Manager was hardly ever seen and acted extremely ungrateful even if you had been running all day with no lunch break. My co-workers were amazing and very helpful unless everyone has 3 patient assignments. The hardest part of the job was finding help to turn, clean up patients, and boost patients up in bed. The most enjoyable part was working with a population of patients that typically recovered from their surgery.
Valued Lessons
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2015
This was my first customer service job and it was a great customer service experience I had a great mentor, she taught me the value of a customer and how to adhere to their specific needs a valued skill and lesson that I have taken with me in whatever job capacity I've worked inl
Great company to work for.
Review coder and Patient Financial Rep (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 28, 2015
Pros: Access to lunch area and parking on rainy days.
Cons: Drama of a few employees
Hectic and rewarding days. I loved working for this company.
The work assignments were very rewarding and some times challenging.
productive place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 19, 2015
I really like the job but i decided to go back to school to further my education the coworkers were fun to be around and the hardest part working there was to see sick people and you couldnt do anything to help them
great hospital, great teachers, a wonderful place
LPN/PHLEBOTOMY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 18, 2015
Pros: all goodnone
interesting, exciting , educational days
I learned nursing, phlebotomy, business, lab etc.
management was superb--top of the line
co-workers were close like family
hardest part --I can't remember anything hard about the job
enjoyable----learning, advancing exploring
Material management- Stocking each hospital floor
material management (Former Employee), New Albany, MSJune 7, 2015
Pros: Great first job, enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons: None
- responsible for ensuring that supplies was delivered to each floor in the hospital. Also delivered supplies to offices when they needed them. Great Experience overall.
friendly professional workplace.
Unit Coordinator/Secretary (Former Employee), Covington, TNJune 7, 2015
Pros: excellent workplace
Cons: none
Baptist Tipton is a great place to work they are a teaching hospital and have wonderful people there that actually care about there patients. They strive to better education and patient satisfaction on a daily basis.
Was an extension of school.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: Long lasting friendships/learning experiences
Cons: Heavy patient loads and did not support nurses
It was so long ago I do not remember details about management. It was my first nursing job and I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge. I learned many skills. The down side was when I first started I worked on the medical floor for 1 year. We had 13 patients m inimal everyday with total patient care. 7-8 of these patients were incontinent of urine/stool. Exhausting. I almost quit nursing. I came across an oppurtunity to transfer to SICU and did so immediately. It was challenging but amazing.
High energy work environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Columbus, MississippiMay 28, 2015
There is never a dull moment at the Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Emergency Department. If you don't like to sit still for long this is the place for you!
Great place.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMay 23, 2015
I loved working with all different types of patients and serving them. It really lifted my spirits and I always felt that I had accomplished something good for another day of life.
productive
Registered Nurse (Oncology) (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Everyone works as a team to meet the needs of the patients. Giving quality care to each patient is a priority
Overall good place to work!
RN (Current Employee), Memphis TNMay 11, 2015
Baptist is a great hospital to work in to gain valuable nursing experience. They treat a wide variety of acutely ill patients. Great group of employees work at this location.
good
Transporter (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 10, 2015
although i have only worked as a PRN (less than part time employee) transporter.it seems that Baptist memorial hospital is a good place to work.
Fast pace job.
Floor Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 8, 2015
Most nursing jobs are going to be fast paced and stressful. Baptist is a great place to work to learn and get experience. The floor I worked on was extremely stressful and the nurses had a dangerous amount of patients to care for, usually 8-12. That is a dangerous work environment.
Productive and fun place to work.
Floor Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 6, 2015
Baptist is a GREAT place for a new nurse to start out because of the different experiences and situations you have. I learned how to manage my time and how to stay calm during a difficult situation.
GOOD PEOPLE AND GOOD ATMOSPHERE
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, MSMay 6, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCHES, AWARDING EMAILS/RECOGNITION
Baptist is a wonderful place to work. I met wonderful people who welcomed me in and taught me the correct way of being a great pharmacy technician.
fast pace
Emergency Room Admission Representative (Former Employee), MSApril 28, 2015
good environment, adventrous, fast paced. Great employees, Doctors, nurses. Great chances to advance and to become better.