Baptist Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Very challenging and always a new job opportunity
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSFebruary 14, 2017
There's always a new opportunity for advancement. Sometimes the job can be very challenging. Baptist educate each employee on the changes made in healthcare yearly.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Love my coworkers
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 26, 2017
Baptist is a great place to work for. To me there is no room to advance to the next level. . The coworkers are fun to work with, On the job training for your position
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
points for being late when you are not at fault and using pto for holidays
nice place to work
Staff RN (ER) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 24, 2017
Nice place to work, good enviroment, helpful co-workers. Hours are long as in any hospital, 12 hour daily but there are options for schedule changes. as well compensated!
Great atmosphere
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Union City, TNJanuary 21, 2017
I start my day at 6:30 in the morning. I gather the instruments and the supplies for the surgery I am assigned too. I assist the doctor during the case. I help with the patient before and after the case. I enjoy knowing that I saved a life.
My Work Day includes
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at work is very critical because I work with patience that are sick, had various surgeries or are scheduled to have surgeries.However, some patience after surgeries were forced to get one or many of their limb ambulated. In which is a difficult experience. I have learned to have understanding of other people situations and always smile and stay positive. I love our management team. They are caring and supportive towards the staff, patients and their families. My job is to make the patient and their families comfortable. The work environment is peaceful and very busy. The hardest part of my job is continually to make everyone happy and comfortable due to all the pain all patience experiences on a daily bases. The most happiest part I enjoy the most is help people.
Pros
I have a safe place to work.
Cons
Sometimes we are short of staff.
Productive and fun
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSDecember 27, 2016
A typical day at work included helping patients and family members with inquires. I learned how to deal with different individuals from all sorts of cultural diversity.
Exciting and a very loving workplace
Barista/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 23, 2016
As a barista at Baptist Desoto Hospital, I meet people from everywhere. I've learned that a warm greeting and sincere smile goes a long way. I love the fact that I can make someone's day just by small conversation. So many people are feeling down when I meet then but leaving my area smiling and in a better mood. I've strengthen my leadership skills and learned a lot about different personalities while working in a hospital.
Great place to work, but long hours
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSNovember 29, 2016
The duties of this job include following a physician around and doing the charting for them. I learned a lot of medical terms and diseases as well as treatments. The people were great to work with and the job was pretty easy itself but it was hard working 12 hour shifts and night shifts on top of school. I learned a lot from this job!
Pros
Learn a lot, good people to work with, interesting
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 24, 2016
enjoy working with patients. staff is very nice and easy to work with. easy shift, good hours. i love helping patients. great work environment. My day starts at 4am and ends at 12 noon. Sometimes i even work until 2.
Very demanding
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 4, 2016
Very demanding, intimating high exceptions from higher up. Current work load stressful due to required productivity. I've learned a lot about medical billing, collection, financial assistance and insurance payment. Co-workers are good hard working individuals doing their best to meet and/or exceed expectations.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Office low-morale
OK workplace
Dietary Nutrition Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2016
Its an ok place to work. very fun coworkers. The nurses are nice and easy to work with. I've been there since march 2016 and I've enjoyed it. We work 12 hour shift.
Great Teamwork and great patients I got to meet
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSSeptember 21, 2016
While working for Baptist I had a few co-workers I could count on if I needed some help if I was busy doing a STAT that would come through. I really enjoyed meeting new people everyday and having great conversations with them, I met a few patients that would be in critical care and had no family left so I would come and sit with them and keep them company on my breaks and help them anyway I could.
Pros
great discounts
Er rn
Tipton, RN (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNSeptember 13, 2016
Fast paced enviroment. It calls for strong team work and that is the enviroment that I had while there. The Skills I developed while there are forever valuable.
Pros
constant learning
Cons
poor management
a great work atmosohere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 31, 2016
I work on a geriatric floor that specializes in patients older than 65. My place of employment is a great place to work. I have learned so much from all of the employees that are there.
Co-Workers are more like family
EKG Lab/ Stress Test Tech (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 29, 2016
A typical work day is generally the same every day. I would complete all orders, then return to my office to check billing procedures . The people I worked with became more like family than just co-workers.
summary
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 28, 2016
typical work day for me was starting at 6 in the morning and leaving around 5, i learned how to control oxygen levels, the management wasn't really doing her job, my coworkers were fun, hard part for this job was moving people from bed to bed that weight almost 400 pounds, enjoyable part of this job was meeting the new faces.
Team Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 17, 2016
Be ready to take you max patients that you are allowed to take. We all work really well together and the teamwork is great. I have been in the unit for a while now and if I were to leave it would be because of school or relocation.
Baptist is a great place to work!
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is working knowing that the employees actually care and are there for the right reasons!
overall a good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJuly 12, 2016
answer call lights, med pass, do prescribed treatments, insert iv, iv therapy, clerical, check physician orders, striving to keep patient satisfaction scores high
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Fair
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. However, due to certain changes in teh past few years, and total neglect of employee satisfaction, are making it decline in quality as a workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baptist Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Baptist Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location