BAPTIST MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

BAPTIST MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

Strenuous work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2014
You have to be able to multi-task
You have to be a people person as you are taking care of patients
You have to be computer literate and easy to train on the hospital computer system
Transplant ICU is the best unit to work for in Memphis!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2014
Cons: the hospital system is being affected by all the current changes in healthcare.
The CPTU is a great unit to work in, the immediate management is supportive and the staff is great. The work environment is fast paced, mentally challenging, and emotionally rewarding.
Large regional hospital for the mid-south.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2014
The Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis campus includes the flagship hospital of the Baptist Memorial Health Care system. Opened in 1979, the hospital is located adjacent to the I-240 loop. Also located on the Baptist Memphis campus is the 30-bed Restorative Care Hospital. With almost 27,000 discharges, 55,000 emergency department visits and 14,000 surgeries – more... in 2010, Baptist Memphis is one of Tennessee's highest volume hospitals. – less
great work enviroment but not very much room for advancement
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Phlebotomist) (Former Employee), MSSeptember 18, 2014
I enjoyed my co-workers and management but the opportunity to advance is not there.
Challenging
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Very well respected company. Enjoyed working for them and the challenging work experiments/
Great first year as an RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALSeptember 1, 2014
First year as graduate RN and in Critical Care, good support and good experience
A great company to work for!
Progressive Care Nurse (Current Employee), Columbus, MSAugust 15, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Baptist Memorial Hospital, both the Booneville Hospital and the Golden Triangle hospital.
The Nurses are Awful and the Management is Worse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Oxford, MSJuly 9, 2014
This hospital is very poorly run. It's dirty and the employees are lazy.
productive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
Baptist offer great benefits but can be very stressful especially when understaffed
A Day At Baptist
Food Service Assistant III (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 16, 2014
Pros: meal plan $7.00 a day
Cons: not applicable
A typical day a Baptist is very exciting and fast paced. You have the opportunity to learn new things involving food. My co-workers are very helpful. The most enjoyable part is being able to put a smile on everyone's face.
MT- Student
MLS PRN (Former Employee), Southaven MSMay 5, 2014
Worked as a student everyone was so friendly and eager to teach me. Fun place people were great
Great Place to work
Food Service Director (Former Employee), Southaven, MSApril 14, 2014
Great management and Culture, lots of opportunity for all directors
Great orientation program with vision ,mission focus.
Clinical Pharmacist Specialist- Oncology (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: professional continuing education conferences
Cons: short breaks
Progressive Clinical Pharmacy program. Supervised 7 Clinical Pharmacist specialists and several Pharmacy residents. Completed residency match for 2012-2013 class. Worked with Oncology clinics after they were acquireded by Baptist, in order to prepare for JCAHO accreditation/review.

Co -workers in the BMH system were very team oriented. The integration – more... of the Cancer clinics offered a more challenging perspective but encouraged personal growth and development.

I enjoyed the priviledge and opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the patients that we serve and to fulfill the mission of teaching, preaching, and healing. – less
Great workplace
Performance Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 22, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: outdated
A typical work day for me is very laid back. I attend a great deal of meetings and conference calls. I have a great boss and work with great down to earth women. The hardest part of my job is sitting most of the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to self manage.
Good work emvironment
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Columbus, MSMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Filing documents in the human resource is fun and mind opening, it help me to understand much about medical documentation. My co.workers are very helpful when the work load is high. l really enjoy working over there.
good
Registered Nurse First Assistant (Former Employee), Union City, TNMarch 2, 2014
Good place to work. Learned to be CRNFA for thoracic surgeon
fun and productive work place
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), MSFebruary 26, 2014
I assisted doctors and nurses in the emergency room. My co-workers were very helpful and nice to work with. I learned how to work with a lot of different personalities. The hardest part was working under pressure, but as time went by I got better. The part that I enjoyed the most was the teamwork.
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Department (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 19, 2014
Great place to work! They provide excellent patient care. Management fosters a great open door environment and are always willing to listen. The hospital is constantly looking for ways to grow and improve.
Phenomenal experience!
Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern (200 Hours) (Former Employee), Oxford, MSFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: hands on experience and a wonderful staff.
Baptist Memorial's Cardiac Rehab program is top notch! I really enjoyed my experience working directly with patients in an inpatient and outpatient setting as a student intern. If you're looking for a praticum or internship, here is where you need to be. The rehab coordinator actually allows you to train and participate versus just watching and taking – more... notes. If you want to learn how to work within a clincial setting, administer stress tests, and take vitals, here is where you need to be. – less
Advancement