Baptist Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Very poor pay and management
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSDecember 2, 2017
Baptist was within 25 miles of my home and offered benefits. The office was closed with little notice to long term employees who had been told repeatedly that they were not losing their jobs. The pay was less than most other jobs with the same skill set. People were promoted based on who they were friends with. There were 28 people impacted. Neither the community or even hospital employees were ever advised of the employee terminations. Administration intentionally kept this information quiet.
Nice experience
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 1, 2017
This was my first job in the hospital. It was a nice learning experience. I am able to build my resume and my skills list from working at this hospital. I enjoyed meeting all the new people.
Hard work without management support
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSNovember 25, 2017
Lots of rules. This company has very high demand with little staff. This company tell the employees one thing and totally does the opposite. Very stressful.
Pros
Well compensated with benefits, co-workers are great
Cons
Management sucks, miscommunication, lack of trust
Great Place
PBX Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 16, 2017
I answered the phone, and handled visitors seeing patients. I learned to be very patient with people. The best thing was my co-workers. Everyone who worked there was a pleasure.
productive most enjoyable place
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 14, 2017
Collecting, accession, grossing,, processing, and storage, delivering of histology specimens
Setting safety procedures in the use of hazardous materials, Operation of histology equipment
Assist in the rapid diagnosis of tissue samples in frozen procedures,Perform special stain for patient tissue diagnosis,Maintain supplies to a low cost,Assist in the rapid diagnosis
Pros
Good place to learn histology
Cons
too many doctors
Stable and supportive environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSNovember 4, 2017
Typical day at work is busy with occasional lulls
I have learned many new skills
Management has always been approachable and supportive
The hardest part of my job is losing patients
Not a good place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 3, 2017
They make you feel like you are children. They will listen to what you have to say and do nothing to change anything. They have no respect for you. I don't have anything else to add.
Cons
Stressful with a lot of opportunity to learn.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 2, 2017
Working at Baptist was very stressful. The patients were very sick and we often short staffed. That being said, I learned so much working with the doctors and other nurses. I feel I would not be as good as a nurse today if I hadn't had the chance to work there.
Pros
good salary
Cons
short staffed and stressful
Has its Advantages and Disadvantages
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 2, 2017
It's an okay place to work; however, it's who you know at this organization that determines how you are promoted. The best part of this job was taking care of the patients. You must have an attitude and willingness to help. Management was unfriendly and unapproachable.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Holidays are taken from your PTO
Worsr job ever
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 30, 2017
Stay away. This place is toxic and horribly ran. Turnover is high. Wages are low and stagnant. The worst I've ever had. And I washed dishes for a living before.
Pros
Nothing.
productive and friendly envirement
NON INVASIVE MONITOR TECH (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNOctober 28, 2017
I have learned a lot of different ways to take care of patients. I am also able to help out with patients. The management is great here they work with you and help you out in any way possible.
Pros
able to change schedule if need off early
Cons
na
Patient Care
Assistant Patient Care (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2017
The best job I could have ever became a part of. My love for helping & caring for people has always be my passion. I have always wanted to work in the healthcare field. Now I've found my talent.
Pros
You get to engage with new people.
Cons
The passing of the patient, because you become so close with them.
it was a fun place to work but at the same time it was sad because I had to deal with sick patients everyday.
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2017
I think Baptist Hospital is a good job to work for but management most of the time the worse. Sometimes they made you feel like you was not good enough for the job and they never backup their worker for the job they do.
Pros
PTO days
Productive and Faat pase
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2017
There is always something that needs to be done and there are always new material available to read and classes that can be taken and training that is available to you in all areas of the pharmacy
Great place to work if you are interested in a healthcare environment
Women, Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2017
This is a great organization to work. There is job security. Time is somewhat flexible due to PTO time. There are times that it can be difficult to find someone to cover for you if you need to be off.
Pros
Stable workplace
Cons
Earnings are low.
coworkers are great
APC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 5, 2017
Coworkers are like family and this place is like home away from home. Very friendly atmosphere. Enjoyed working here but they could not find me placement once my job was eliminated so I had to find a new place of employment after 19 years of service
Productive healthcare Environment
Administrative Assistant I (PT Nurse Support) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at Baptist starts right after reports are giving. Assisting all patients, hepling nurses as well. Creating patient files before they come up from surgery. A busy day is always good
Poor experience
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSSeptember 25, 2017
Very poor management and supervisor teams. Lack of compassion for patients. Very hostile work environment. Not patient care oriented at all. I would not work there again.
Pros
Inscurance
Cons
Horrible management
A great place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 22, 2017
You are always busy but it is the people that makes the work enjoyable.I also worked at Baptist Oxford and the people were also great to work with.If i needed to be off it was not a problem.
Pros
People
Cons
Amount of work
Very productive
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNSeptember 20, 2017
I love working there it was a fast paced job. We had days where it was slow. I loved the people. The people i worked with were great people. I would recommend this jod for anyone.