Baptist Memorial Hospital

Baptist Memorial Hospital United States Employee Reviews

great place to work
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Union City, TNMarch 29, 2015
Was great job with plenty of hours and flexibility but the compensation was below average and made it not an ideal place of work.
Great
Account Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Great place to work with a lot of growth. I have worked here for years an only looking fro another job because i have moved.
learned a lot
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee), Oxford, MSMarch 15, 2015
in a hopsital setting you learn a lot. formed lasting relationships with the patients, and loved following the drs and nurses around. loved the nights shifts because that is when you saw the most.
Knowlegble managament and friendly staff
Pt. financial rep/Transcriber/Nursing assistant (Former Employee), Business ofc(Walnut Grove rd) and Ridgelake BlvdMarch 7, 2015
Pros: 402 k retirement fund
Cons: hour lunch break would have been great
Arrive at 7:45 am collect work assign and sign on to computer and begin day
Interaction with fellow co-workers and management
Keeping ahead of assigned duties
celebrating holidays with the hospital and office staff
Great place to grow as a nurse.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 5, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: nurse: patient ratio is sometimes to high.
Flexible schedule.
Good pay.
Clean environment.
Great co-workers and teamwork.
Resources readily available.
Management support.
It is a fast paced, fun place to work.
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), New Albany, MSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: yearly raises, can leave on your lunch, good benefits.
Cons: only 30 minute lunches, it get real hectic at times.
I love my job. I believe Baptist has good benefits. I get to meet a lot of interesting people. And the people I work with are fun and reliable. Our manager is easy to talk to. She doesn't mind pitching in a helping when we need help. When we are busy every one on the floor comes together and we get it done. I really enjoy the appreciation some people can show over one little thing you help them do.
Casemanager Assist
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee), MemphisFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: no room for growth
First let me say I love what I do, and I'm always excited about coming to work. A typical day for myself is very busy. One of the joys is that I have a wonderful manager and excellent peers to work with everyday. The hardest part of my job would be the load of amount of precertifications expected to be completed on a daily basis. It's rough but I always manage to get it all done. The most enjoyable part of my job would be of course my great peers, and the flexibility of time off (holidays) and things of that.
Fun Job
COORDINATOR - HEALTH UNIT (AUC) (Former Employee), Collierville, TNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: healthcare, long hours
Great place to work. Long hours and hard to work around family time. They have great benefits and management was very easy to work with.
Baptist is a good place of employment
Admission Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, MSJanuary 28, 2015
Baptist is a good healthcare facility to work for. The years that I work for this company were very good. A typical day at work were that my coworker and I did teamwork and that made the job easy. The hardest part when there were not enough of employees schedule to help this made the work load harder. The most enjoyable about the jobs were working with the public.
Great hospital
RN, BSN (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: not enough staff, and not safe at times with patient load.
This is a great hospital with great employees. Some management issues in my unit. My unit worried too much about cutting costs vs. having enough staff for safe nurse/patient ratio. The pay was good with good benefits. Great place for advancement. I felt like upper levels listened to employees about changes.
Was able to gain additional responsibilities.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2015
I started off as a temporary transcriptionist but was able to become in charge of all patient charts in the office and I also did intake coordinating setting up new patients with 17 different doctors/counselors.
Fun and entertaining
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2015
I learned a lot from Baptist Memorial Hospital. Daily, I would help patients with meal selections, create their trays, and manage their intakes. The hardest part of this job was time management. Since each floor has it's own drug distribution and food service has its own time for making trays, there would be a conflict of time and some days I would need to rush to finish things. The most enjoyable part was getting to know new people. The patients are great. But the most important part of my job is that I help save lives. I have helped many people that didn't want to eat to eat and have seen the difference that simple step made. It's the most rewarding part of the job.
professional and friendly
Floor nurse, Oncology (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: appreciated for good work, sunday brunch when working
Cons: travel
shift report
patient care including vital signs, blood, chemo, medication administration.
served on several committees.
The best job ever.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: getting to spend time with all my patients
Cons: dealing with employees that was only there for the money and not for the people.
Coming into work just knowing that i had a great team to work these 12 hours with, was most exciting and of course challenging to the max. And what i mean by that? We had fun and everyone has a great attitude and fun to work with.
Interesting place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 13, 2014
Its a nice place to work some of the employees are very friendly and helpful. The 4th floor has very good PCA's working there and very knowledgeable about their duties for their position.
Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARDecember 11, 2014
In a Director role, many meetings. Would like to see a decrease in meetings, more work could be accomplished.
Just not the same company when I started
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Southaven, MSDecember 8, 2014
I have been at Baptist a long time and I have learned a lot there, but it seems it use to be a better place to work than it is now. Jobs are being cut and moral is just not the same anymore. I really hate to see this happening.
Worst Job Ever!!
EKG Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 7, 2014
Pros: not one thing
Cons: everything
They don't want to pay you what you are worth but they want to over work you constantly. I worked for Baptist East almost a year before I said forget this and quit. I worked in telemetry and the manager was horrible. She didn't listen to her employees and she was never there. They made you watch more patients rythyms than what you were suppose to and it was a daily thing because we didn't have enough workers. If someone called in we would have to ask someone on first shift to stay over and pray they do. Oh and the pay was horrible, I really couldn't believe if u start on first shift you are only making 10.00 a hour. You can make that at Wal-Mart as an associate and get 10% off what you buy and come out better. 10 dollars and keep in mind that your job is to monitor patients hearts and notify the nurses if something goes wrong, to pay your employees that less and overwork them means they could care less about their patients, because when you under pay and over work your employees they tend to not do a good job because they don't care. I would never work there again and I most definitely wont go as a patient. Someone else need to be given control over Baptist and reevaluate it and fire all those corrupt managers and directors and ceo who getting all the money and not paying the over worked employees. That's why so many have quit went else where. Believe me you don't want to work here but you have to take my word for it, just ask any of their employees, or just go ahead and work for them and find out for yourself.
Ok Job
CLINICAL STAFF PHARMACIST (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 4, 2014
Early mornings and long nights; Management was ok; Enjoyed my co-workers; Enjoyed meeting new people and learning about new systems; sometimes short-handed in the evenings and on weekends; many opportunities for Live CE
exciting
linen tech (Current Employee), oxford,msNovember 19, 2014
Pros: got to help others
learned to deal with cooperate company.. deals with management in dept and with outside linen company...managment showed favortism.. would not help when short handed..

1 2 3 4 5