Baptist Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Fair
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. However, due to certain changes in teh past few years, and total neglect of employee satisfaction, are making it decline in quality as a workplace
A very good place to work.
Certified Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2016
I been with baptist 22 years and a typical work day for me is greeting patient and scheduling test for them. I learned how to keep a smile in a place were sometime you don't understand how can so many people be so sick. Management is ok. My co-worker are awesome we are team players, the hardest part of my job is trying to complete everything in 8 hours. See a patient that's very ill do a complete turn around.
great benefits
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2016
Working at BMH was great and very rewarding. Manager was great and taught me so much. Great benefits.Fantastic organization to work for.
benefits
Cons
shift work
Productive place to work.
Recovery Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2016
Productive place to work. Must be empathetic, hardworking, dependable, innovative, motivated, patient, and caring.
Productive Work Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 30, 2016
It was a typical job, in and out, routine. It was a good, easy job, but there wasn't anything to look forward to there. No real come up.
Overall good place to work
Staff Nurse, ICU, Myelosuppression (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2016
Good strong nurses in the specialty areas. Team work helps to build morale. Overall good place to work. Stable work force.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Patient/nurse ratios
Its a Great job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 16, 2016
Its a great job but the pay isn't all that great for my experience we are short staffed but we make it work. One this is good they will work with you if you are having personal issues at home.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
short staffed
Innovative Helathcare
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2016
Protocol driven work environment, approachable management, Patient centered. Workers are respected by MD's and management can be helpful.
Baptist Memorial is a terrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 1, 2016
The work load is unrealistic and the work environment is chaotic. There is little or no chance for advancement unless you are a minority.
Its Okay
Certified Nursing Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 15, 2016
It is ok just working 12 hours is the hardest part it can get tiring. Management is ok. Co workers are ok. enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people
Cons
30 min lunch and work 12 hours
Most Enjoyable Part of Job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSMarch 30, 2016
To be able to use skills and abilities to oversee patient care with positive outcomes. Baptist provides a professional environment with caring and knowledgeable staff.
fun work place
PACIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  ivory coast(west africa)March 23, 2016
working for an insurance without being insure. very low pay rate. the good thing was having 30 days vacation every year.
Pros
insurance for the workers
Cons
low staffing
Patient Access Manager, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2016
A typical day included staff management, patient compliants, AR management, and covering for other managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public.
Pros
Satisfied patients
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 18, 2016
The staff was a great team to work with. The hardest part was when we got a very sick patient and the doctor would come in with about 20 stat orders that i had to enter into the computer.
I enjoyed working in the ER Admissions Department
ER Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 8, 2016
I did not like working in the business office. I learned that calling a person or a company every day will not necessarily make them pay a bill. I could not meet the quota - I had an elderly mother that I needed to take care of anyway, so I left.

ER management was wonderful.
Business Office management was horrific. Mean, rude and any other adjective that follows along those lines. They did not believe in training.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not so nice upper management
bussy environment
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2015
This hospital is a huge and great place to work with all the departments and hassle we have to deal with on a daily basis. The floor that I did work on was too hectic and the hospital accept a lot of various patients on our floor. When there was patient overflow in the hospital.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
extremely too busy
Good Company
Nursing Assistant - ICU-Step-down (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 15, 2015
Good Company to work for. There benefits outweigh many things. Excellent management and staff to work for. Also the first company to have a woman NURSE CEO running it which also has its benefits because she is a nurse and knows how things go.
close to home
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNDecember 4, 2015
great place to work for experience needed in nurses. close to home. benefits okay compared to other facilities. pay is lower compared to other facilities in Memphis, but fine for rural hospital. don't see as many pt's as Memphis.
Pros
educaton for starters
Cons
pay not as great as memphis hospitals
work with the public
PCA / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2015
I got to make sure the customers had the correct things that they needed to take care of their families. I made sure they were safe.
Pros
customer relatoins
Cons
hours
Productive and very friendly to the commuity
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSSeptember 15, 2015
I really enjoy everything about this job from the patients all the way to the Dr's. Its a great career choice and I was glad to be apart of a wonderful company.
Pros
Employee apprecation
Cons
Nearly of breaks

Baptist Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location