Baptist Primary Care Employee Reviews

MA and Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
The Baptist Health Care system in Jacksonville, Florida was a great place to work. They are the largest Hospital network in Northeast Florida and South Georgia. I would highly recommend this hospital to my friends and family.
amazing place!
Office Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Amazing! it was like a little family and I hate to go. every day you still learn knew things even the ones who have been there for 30 plus years. no one leaves there and thats for a reason
Pros
lunches, friendship
Temp. position / excellent environment /great staff / managed well
Medical Assistant / Check Out (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2017
I loved working at Baptist Primary care . It was sad for me when the job ended as it was my best work experience. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. I had to learn the new EMR system and everyone especially the Manager was productive instructional and make sure i understood the job. The manager and my co-workers were always available if I had a question or concern about patient care. It was fun inspirational and I was always learning something new to expand my productivity.I really wanted to expand my patient care training and they were excellent, organized and gentle with me.
Pros
great work environment/ organized and well educated staff great management
Cons
temp job / not enough hours / wanted to be full time staff
Great job! Very POOR Management!
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2017
I loved my job! I did not love the Management. Therefore, I found a better opportunity. I learned that no job is worth striping you of your self-confidence. Never work for a team of bullies! The best decision I ever made in my life was taking a risk and walking away from this job. It was the best move I ever made!
Pros
I was doing something that I loved!
Cons
I worked for a team of insecure women who found pleasure in bullying me, I have since learned that all of them have been demoted, Karma is a real thing!
Work day was moderate
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2017
Enjoyable pace everyday. Work wasn't overloaded on staff. Good team players and was like a family environment.
No room for advancement in office and management preferred to hire from outside for new positions.
Pros
Family environment with great team players
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Laid back and fun place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work. Everyday was different but in a good way. Staff were lighthearted but got the job done. Great atmosphere in the facility. Manager was on top of everything and eager to assist in any way possible
Pros
Cons
No room for promotion
Great coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2017
typical day is rooming patients, assiting providers with procedures, charting. job is very busy and can be hard for someone that has a busy outside life
Baptist Priamary Care
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
Baptist primary care is a great place to work. The office managers and doctors that I have worked with were always caring and supportive. I was properly trained and given ample time to learn the skills needed to be successful at the office.
Pros
Great staff, established company, ample support
Cons
Demanding, high standards for work
too busy for 1 person
Medical Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2017
busy doctor's office, too many patient's for 1 phlebotomist, supposed to only take patient's with appointments but everyday would be sent several patient's that did not have appointments that you would have to somehow squeeze in
Scheduling appointments/Always having Potlucks
Patent Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2017
Always receiving more then 130 calls a day and scheduling appts and triaging if needed. Management is very nice and caring and everyone is very helpful for others. The only own fall with Nemours is parking 2 miles away and taking a shuttle to work and back to car everyday.
Pros
pot luck
Cons
you only get 2 breaks out of the day.
primary care
Patient Financial Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2015
Only thing I did in this posistion was write numbers and file papeerwork, this area was not a freindly environment, the pay was not up to part, but I still did my job each day.
Very enjoyable and pleasant practice
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLOctober 14, 2015
I love working with my coworkers, we work as a team, and we absolutely have each other's back, Customer service and patient care is our number one priority and we treat each and everyone of our patients with respect and dignity.
I am so grateful that I am working for 3 great doctors, that I truly have so much respect for everyone of them, as they provide the best care for their patients and their employees.
The practice is getting busier due to a lot of word of mouth referral we are getting from our patients, which is the best compliment to our practice. Still Love working there,
Pros
lunch breaks
Cares for patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2015
Great staff, everyone gets along well.It could use updated equipment. I don't agree with someof the polices... Ie: docking an employees paycheck for bills to the hospital without permission from the employee.
Cons
Short breaks, Benefits are lacking
n/n
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2014
managed a team of 7. coordinator in front office. answering phones , patient relatiions and chart management
Fast Paced Calls with Accuracy for Proper Care
Medical (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2014
Typical Day starting with assisting patients with all questions needed regarding patient medication location of pharmacy ,assisted with test results provided all answers to my ability without doctor supervision as instructed .

I learned working in healthcare/customer service that in order to provide the best care for our patients details are very important in the healthcare industry I strived everyday to make patience experience as easy and accurate as possible.

Management was somewhat unorganized in providing proper employee protection.

Co-workers were all fantastic in assisting will team oriented goals in office, there was however a particular employee who was not medical oriented she was trying to be a superior to myself but had not went through the proper schooling I received to do my job in medical assisting, I did however seek out help within management ,but the employee still thought she was doing a better job. To prevent any further conflict and reputation and my position as a medical assistant I decided to vacate employment..

The hardest part of my job was when this particular employee made me feel that I was unable to do my daily tasks assigned everyday, I would like to add I did work above and beyond my abilities everyday to the best of my knowledge

The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to care for the patients based on there needs and concerns with medications insurance questions ,concerns about test results and worries that came with test results.
Pros
Working with the public, abiltiy to be a self starter and team player
Cons
Poor management skills to protect other employees from harrassment from coworkers
Patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2014
One thing I love to do is working hands on with patients. I love the fact that I can help them with their needs and health. It feels good when you are helping especially the elder patients and knowing that they do appreciate you.
Pros
Patients health
Cons
compensation
bpc
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2014
A typical day at bpc consists of rooming patients and exams. love the work hours from 8-5 . Management is consistent and understanding. I worked with a fantastic group who was compassionate and caring. The hardest part of the job could often be the amount of energy. The most enjoyable part was the great patients we had
I love Baptist Primary Care
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLApril 27, 2014
My family moved here far from all family and friends. Baptist and their staff took us in as part of their family! I have never felt so accepted and confident with the team/place that I have worked! I can't say enough good things!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
None, I wanted to grown in my career or I would never have changed my full time status.
The job was rewarding when you know you made someone smile and feel better.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 24, 2013
I would come into work go to my work station.Turn on the computer and start my day. The first thing i would do is check my emails from my Doctor I was working for. Then I would check my schedule and see if any patients have arrived. I would call our patients back one at a time get their weight, take them to exam room, do their vitals, enter them into EHR. Enter why they were there, and any new medications they were taking. Make sure everything was out that the Doctor needed for the appointment. Keep rooms stocked and cleaned. Assist with physicals and paps. Give injections if needed. Call in refill per Doctors order. Make sure Doctor has specialty records if sent to specialist. Among lots of other duties.
Pros
Making sick people smile, making patient employee relationships. Those are the reason I chose this field.
Cons
working with people who were not compationant, no patients, and talked behind patients backs.
Execellent Co worker experience
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2013
Lost this position due to Cut-Back on Staffing. I would still be employed at this position if it were my choice. I enjoyed my position as Referral Coordinator and learned much through this Practice.