Baptist Primary Care

Baptist Primary Care Employer Reviews

Fast Paced Calls with Accuracy for Proper Care
Medical (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: working with the public, abiltiy to be a self starter and team player
Cons: poor management skills to protect other employees from harrassment from coworkers
Typical Day starting with assisting patients with all questions needed regarding patient medication location of pharmacy ,assisted with test results provided all answers to my ability without doctor supervision as instructed .

I learned working in healthcare/customer service that in order to provide the best care for our patients details are very important – more... in the healthcare industry I strived everyday to make patience experience as easy and accurate as possible.

Management was somewhat unorganized in providing proper employee protection.

Co-workers were all fantastic in assisting will team oriented goals in office, there was however a particular employee who was not medical oriented she was trying to be a superior to myself but had not went through the proper schooling I received to do my job in medical assisting, I did however seek out help within management ,but the employee still thought she was doing a better job. To prevent any further conflict and reputation and my position as a medical assistant I decided to vacate employment..

The hardest part of my job was when this particular employee made me feel that I was unable to do my daily tasks assigned everyday, I would like to add I did work above and beyond my abilities everyday to the best of my knowledge

The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to care for the patients based on there needs and concerns with medications insurance questions ,concerns about test results and worries that came with test results. – less
Patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: patients health
Cons: compensation
One thing I love to do is working hands on with patients. I love the fact that I can help them with their needs and health. It feels good when you are helping especially the elder patients and knowing that they do appreciate you.
bpc
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2014
A typical day at bpc consists of rooming patients and exams. love the work hours from 8-5 . Management is consistent and understanding. I worked with a fantastic group who was compassionate and caring. The hardest part of the job could often be the amount of energy. The most enjoyable part was the great patients we had
I love Baptist Primary Care
Office Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLApril 27, 2014
Pros: everything!
Cons: i wanted to grown in my career or i would never have changed my full time status.
My family moved here far from all family and friends. Baptist and their staff took us in as part of their family! I have never felt so accepted and confident with the team/place that I have worked! I can't say enough good things!
The job was rewarding when you know you made someone smile and feel better.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 24, 2013
Pros: making sick people smile, making patient employee relationships. those are the reason i chose this field.
Cons: working with people who were not compationant, no patients, and talked behind patients backs.
I would come into work go to my work station.Turn on the computer and start my day. The first thing i would do is check my emails from my Doctor I was working for. Then I would check my schedule and see if any patients have arrived. I would call our patients back one at a time get their weight, take them to exam room, do their vitals, enter them into – more... EHR. Enter why they were there, and any new medications they were taking. Make sure everything was out that the Doctor needed for the appointment. Keep rooms stocked and cleaned. Assist with physicals and paps. Give injections if needed. Call in refill per Doctors order. Make sure Doctor has specialty records if sent to specialist. Among lots of other duties. – less
Execellent Co worker experience
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2013
Lost this position due to Cut-Back on Staffing. I would still be employed at this position if it were my choice. I enjoyed my position as Referral Coordinator and learned much through this Practice.
Learning Experience
Medical Assistant I (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2013
Typical day ay work would include triaging patients, verifying reason for visit, prepare rooms for examinations, give patient injections, verify pharmacies, call in prescriptions and update medication lists. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in a person's life. Hardest part of my job was knowing what insurance covered – more... medications. – less
Social Committee always provided fun activities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: no advancement in my field
Enjoyable place to work. Fast face environment with never a dull moment. Truly enjoyed working with my doctor who taught me a lot about the disadvantaged patient who was struggling with their health due to finances.
Did not feel there was any opportunity for advancement which was difficult.
What a great group to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2013
Pros: benefits
I really enjoyed working with all the doctors and other assistants and the team work there
Fun place to work.
LPN (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short lunch breaks
I enjoy my job. I provide phone triage, administer vaccines, and schedule patients.
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with this practice and was happy to go to work every day.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2013
I shared a Referral Coordinator position in an two person office with a co-worker that was a joy to work with. We had the same work ethic, diligence to the task and dedication to completion of quality time to the duties of this office.
I had the opportunity of advancing my skills in Referrals and to develop several helpful Medical contacts with both – more... Physician offices and Health facilities. My contacts with Health Insurance companies was also invaluable in the process of expediting referral for patients.
Due to budget restraints, the practice decided to cut this position back to one Referral Coordinator. This was the most difficult time for me in having to leave this position because in my mind, I had planned to work there until retirement. – less
flexible
Patient Financial Service Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay is low
I work in the primary billing office and there is no room to advance within this area.
MEDICAL RECORDS ANALYST
MEDICAL RECORDS ANALYST (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 17, 2013
Baptist Primary Care Jacksonville, FL
Medical Records Analyst 2004-2005

Compiled, processed and maintained medical records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the healthcare system.

Protected the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality – more... was met in compliance with HIPAA.

Reviewed records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.

Retrieved patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.

Planned, developed, maintained or operated a variety of health record indexes or storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store or analyze information.

Released information to persons or agencies according to regulations. – less
Family work environment
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2012
Pros: doctors take care of their own
Cons: sometimes long hours with only 1 break
Great physicians. Lots of encouragment for career advancement.
Professional & friendly environment to work in
Medical Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: lunches often provided by drug reps
Cons: no holiday pay, must use pto accruals to cover holidays if office is closed.
Co-workers are friendly. The best part of my job is being able to help the patients, especially to overcome their fear of having their blood drawn. I've learned a lot about medical diagnosing to cover testing. Most difficult part of my job is dealing with medicare & all of its policies.
A great place to work, might need a little more managerial help.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2012
Pros: we did have catered lunches and lots of camaraderie.
Cons: some lack of understanding by management.
A typical day at work started with rooming the patients getting there vitals, and any labs that may be needed according to patient complaints, urinalysis, EKG, x-ray if warrented, and any shots they may be in for, especially the infants and school children.
My coworkers were all team players and helped if they could and were finished with their doctor's – more... needs.
The hardest part of the job was consistantly trying to please the doctor you were assigned to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to watch your patients heal and know they are greatful. – less
Good office to work at
Office Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2012
The Doctors are great to work for. It is like a family environment.