The Category Analyst is responsible for managing an array of sales/category management analytical projects; including customer Nielsen/POS analysis, new product/innovation results tracking and forecasting, geographic analysis, and business, region, channel reporting. Demonstrating strong analytical skills, this person will draw conclusions and make recommendations for the regional/national grocery customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / PROJECTS:
- Develop short and long-term volume forecasts for the key brands and key customer initiatives
- Lead strategic and ad-hoc analyses to develop recommendations with specific action plans on how to address issues and business challenges. Key examples of analyses could include: POS data, pricing execution, competitive assessment, category trends
- Develop and generate KPI’s and key reports for business management for key customers.
- Track market and customers specific results of Assortment, Pricing, Promotions, and New items
- Analysis trade spending effectiveness to ensure spending is within budget at key customers and utilized effectively and efficiently.
- College degree (BA/BS) with strong quantitative/analytical curriculum (e.g. finance, marketing, statistics, Information Systems)
- 1-2 years relevant experience. Background in CPG or Syndicated data provider.
- Strong knowledge/ability to interpret Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, Panel Data, Market Track)
- Strong computer literacy required with advance skills in Microsoft Excel: Pivot tables, V Look Ups etc
- Ability and confidence to interact with Sales team in formal presentations regarding data and analytics.
- Understanding of the Packaged Meat channel a plus!
- Solid understanding of CPG sales.
- Excellent quantitative analytics and careful attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of urgency imperative.
- Intellectually curious
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our Company prides itself as being an aggressive and experienced Team. We strive to employ and develop the best people through training,...