Bar-S Foods Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Pre Sigma purchase
Human Capital Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKAugust 21, 2017
I worked there before the Sigma purchase of Bar-S. It was a close knit environment that was conducive to learning. Issues could be escalated up to the owner in Phoenix if need be. President of location and great pulse on the distribution center and was overall a fun place to work.
Pros
Employee Pricing on Product
Cons
Salaried pay could have been better
Dynamic work environment in various locations in the US
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2017
Good benefits, good people to work with. Depending on the position you could travel to other work site locations across the US. Very nice corporate office in Phoenix, AZ.
fun, fast paced
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 28, 2017
fast paced, fun friendly work environment...hardly any days off but the pay is decent with excellent benefits so that makes it worth it good management team
out of business
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2017
assemble, weigh, arrange or pack bacon (utility person)
driving tugger, deliver & weigh out combos of meat Cold environment and sometimes you would get wet.
busy work
Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKApril 20, 2017
good benefits, work demand is heavy, environment wet and cold, pay is great. Lack of support from upper management.
Policies at times are not fairly implemented
Bar-S Hot Dogs
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
they have a long way to go to treat there people better who support there staff and try to make things better. The free hot dogs and brats are great to have one a Friday afternoon.
Pros
Free hot dogs and brats
Cons
poor leadership
good pay
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKApril 1, 2017
some hard work if you don't get placed on the right job, good pay for the area in Clinton. Hard to move up past team leader or quality assurance. good place to work
Pros
buy product at cost
good place to work
Regional Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 21, 2017
Good place to work, but often times management is not adequate to suit those positions. Decision in those cases are not the best which makes it a tough place to have a balanced life.
Alright place
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKAugust 22, 2016
no room to really succeed or move up, all about who you know. Supervisors are stuck up and unfriendly, most people also stuck up. you can work your butt off but still wont get you moved up unless your kissing up to the supervisor. They go by sonority.
productive workplace
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKApril 2, 2016
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, very friendly environment. Breaks and lunch were given reasonable. My most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to advance to higher positions in which I took part of. The hardest part of the job was the continuous production with little down time, standing for long hours- sometimes up to 12 hrs a shift. I still enjoyed the hardest parts because they weren't hard to deal with.

Want to know more about Bar-S Foods?

Ask a question
productive and a fun work place
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKOctober 14, 2015
wet and hot! but it was fun! how to clean and sanitize industrial size machines. management: they cared about the workers.they would do whatever they could to help you. co-workers and i got along really well! work together as a team. nothing was hard! the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people you cared about.
Pros
getting paid every week
Cons
iching
good benefits,
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2015
its a good place to work but some of the people at management don't know how to handle employees.
the job is Monday thru Friday and the benefits are good.
Pros
benefits, days of work
Cons
long hours, management
Loved my job but no room for growth
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKAugust 9, 2015
I enjoyed my job. I enjoyed the employees. My work environment was good. I was able to work on my own and did so for many years without a back up. Pay was decent.
Pros
I did what loved
Cons
Having to depend on another dept to enter info before I could run payroll. Didn't work so well!!!
Another great company to work for
Plumbers Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Altus.okApril 1, 2015
It is an assembly line type of job. Long hours but great pay. Has room for advancement if you are driven enough to advance.
Great benefits
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKFebruary 26, 2015
This job has really great benefits and decent pay. Worked with some awesome co-workers. Enjoyed working with different types of people and personalities.
A good place to work overall, with a few drawbacks and a few perks.
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work involves pre-rinsing, cleaning, and sanitizing the equipment and walls of each room in the department, once production has stopped.

I learned the workings of various machines, application of chemical types, and cleaning techniques.

Management is generally good. Managers do not micromanage, and allow work to be completed smoothly with little interference, unless a health or safety concern is present.

The most difficult part of the job is dealing with extremely hot and cold temperatures, and employees do have a tendency to get wet during the process. Rain suits are supplied, but cannot always keep water out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that work is usually completed quickly, leaving plenty of down-time(breaks) during the shift.
Pros
Long breaks, Employee discounts, Varied position options
Cons
Temperature extremes, Slippery surfaces, Difficult to make plans due to a schedule that changes weekly
Efficient place to work with great benefits but just not the kind of environment that was suitable to adjust to.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work was constant multitasking and packaging hot dogs into a box. I learned to pick out bad hot dog packages with wrong dates, or enidibles that were contained in the packages. Management was alright but mostly were never around long enough to see and understand fully what goes on in each department. My co-workers lacked true integrity they only did their jobs fully when management was in the room everything went out the door when management wasn't there. The hardest part of the job was doing my job and someone else's job constantly everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was it's consistency i was never not doing anything or lazying around i like that in a job i like being busy and being able to multi-task.
Pros
Start Out Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Co-Worker Drama, Co-workers that don't speak the same language as you, Co-workers that can't keep their hands to themselves, Co-workers that lack true integrity in the workplace
fun place
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJuly 28, 2013
Enjoyed working at bar-s. long shifts, cold environment. great benefits. didn't have a family while working there. good co-workers, great managers. that's where I learned how to operate a fork lift and the pallet jack.
Pros
Great pay, good envioment, great benefits
Cons
short lunch and breaks, works in cold enviorment
Headed in the wrong direction
IT Support Management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2012
If a job that doesn't require you to be productive sounds like your fit then apply a Bar-S Foods. Of course if you don't speak Spanish and don't have an inside connection you will be turned away. If you interview simply ask the other employees how long have they been with the company. You won't find many with more than 2 years experience because all the good people left or are close to leaving soon. I was turned down for a promotion because the company is corrupt and becoming more corrupt with each passing day. Adios!
Pros
don't have to work hard
Cons
daily frustration should be part of the job title, sit on my thumbs and wait for commands
Fun place to work, physical labor required
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 1, 2012
Great place for those new to the working class. Good pay and excellent room for advancement