Bar Louie Employee Reviews

Fun place but not worth the money
Bartender and Bar manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2016
Fast paced days at Bar Louie are the best days! During game days you will walk home with a good amount of cash but you don't always make money during slow days. The employees and management are all too laid back and could care less about their employees feelings. The management and corporate are never around when they are needed. Its only worth the money if you have a second job.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, compensation, atmosphere
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, lack of management
Fun work environment!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2016
This is definitely the most laid back company that I've ever worked for, sometimes a little TOO LAID BACK. On more than one occasion FOH and BOH managers have slept with employees (which is against company policy) which leads to drama and favoritism within the work place, but other than that I have no complaints!

Worked in a busy location with the best GM I've ever had. Never walked out with less than $100 dollars per shift, even when first cut.
Pros
No uniform, laid back, flexible schedule
Cons
Open on holidays, favoritism within workplace, can be slow depending on location.
Very nice work environment with fun and supportive coworkers.
Server (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 12, 2016
I loved my time working at Bar Louie. All of the managers were respectful and kind, and wanted to see you succeed. The coworkers also cared about your success and would lend a hand or advice if needed in any situation. The only thing that bothered me was how dark it got in the restaurant during the day, but that isn't anything that my managers could do about. My general manager was my favorite, and was always so nice and accomdating for any issue or need I had.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Dark/low lighting environment
I love Bar Louie, buttttttt
Server (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 7, 2016
Bar Louie is an overall great place to work. The only difficulty was transferring my job when moving out of state. Bar Louie can either be a corporate store or a franchise. I originally started working in a franchised Bar Louie, but when moving to Dallas, I was recommended to work at the corporate store. I believe that because I had originally worked at a franchise, I was discriminated.
Pros
Discounts of food and drinks during and after work
Cons
No break, transferring locations is difficult
Enjoyable and easy, lacks organization
SERVER ASSISTANT/EXPO (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 4, 2016
Bar Louie was a great place to work, although I felt there was some flaws with productivity in the workplace. Mainly due to miscommunication, but overall it was a great working and learning experience in which I was able to grow and improve from.
Pros
Easy work, good food, great coworkers
Cons
unorganized, no teamwork
Productive work place with trained staff
Server/Bartender/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 28, 2016
A typical day at Bar Louie is busy, learning how to multitask should be a main priority for servers. Management is great as long as you are keeping busy on the job. The hardest part is the stress that comes with the serving job, but the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along and helping coworkers
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Overstaffed
I love working for Bar Louie! I work with great people and my management team always looks out for their employees.
Server (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 26, 2016
Overall review for Bar Louie, I give this company four stars. My degree is Tourism, Leisure, and Event Planning. When I was hired at Bar Louie, I spoke to the management team about advancement opportunities. Management positions have been available since I started working there and I still am serving. I really wanted to excel at Bar Louie and unfortunately they made false promises. I do love working for Bar Louie but I am ready for a management position.
Pros
Management team. half off food. Relaxed work environment.
Cons
False Promises.
Supportive Work Envioronment
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IlMay 16, 2016
Great place to work-high expectations but a transparent and supportive culture to work in. Hard work with results is recognized and rewarded. 10+ hour days but always two days off per week; good opportunity for career advancement; company develops and trains on how to run your own restaurant; hardest part of the job are the hours but it is the restaurant industry and it is the norm; I enjoyed the compensation and my peers.
Pros
Compensation, freedom within a framework, corporate office support
Cons
Hours
Very fun and outgoing work place...good people as well as supervisors.
Barback/Busser/Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at Bar louie is fun and work all day...good team players fun people and customers. Your able to work at your own pace as long as your getting the job done.
Pros
Free food very fun place to work.
Cons
Nothing bad to say.
Absolutely no stability.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAApril 13, 2016
Bar Louie, has to be the most unorganized restaurant I have EVER worked at. The managers are only worried about their monthly bonus and getting through the night. The pm cooks are constantly doing am prep because the mangers sent home the AM cooks to cut costs. Training? What training, the managers don't even know how to run food and let the servers stand in the expo line on their phones.The GM is a complete jerk and wouldn't know how to talk to his employees if it kicked him in the rear. There would periodically be an email from the GM offering $100 to anyone that stays 3 months. The turn over rate is through the roof, no manager has the balls to work the line or help the cooks when happy hour is through the roof. This place is a disaster. Stay away.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
BAR LOUIE. The GM
Fun and energetic atmosphere with great food and even better drinks
Server - Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 19, 2016
work long hours but make good money so worth it, management is always open to listening to their employees, fast-paced, events are crazy
Pros
Employee discount, great staff/managers, good money
Cons
A great place to work and excel in customer communication
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 5, 2016
A typical day as a hostess at Bar Louie was quiet during the day but quite busy and at times overwhelming at night. The hostess will seat guests in which ever preferred part of the restaurant they desired and helped buss tables during the dinner rush. Management was helpful overall. The hardest part of the job is containing yourself during the dinner rush on a weekend night and not giving away tables to customers who are a bit impatient. The most enjoyable part was that all the staff was helpful and easy to talk to and answered any questions.
Productive workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 16, 2016
I walk in and say hello to everyone go to my station clean properly sanitize everything and start my orders make sure my ticket times at the park who makes it on the line members have what they need to complete that day also
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
A high volume location where you can make a living
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 20, 2016
The day starts off as setting up the line for lunch service an checking for every thing we ran out of the night before so we can 911 that item an produce that so we have by 11oclock when lunch service starts.The managers only schedule 2 cooks to set up the line wash dishies an cook food to oder an also prep for night shift its hard if it gets busy and you have to be strong.Most of the cooks don't have a lot of experience as me but I say you can go far with a team instead of running fast by your self I show an help my cowokers as much as I can so we can be strong together.Managers come an help when we are short staffed which is all the time but we manage to get through the day.I have learned that the food an beverage industry is very special for those lie myself that love it I will always cook an an treasure my skills to see another day working in a restraint or any kitchen I'm proud of all cooks that wear the uniform.
Pros
I can work alot of hours
Cons
Equiptment issues
FOH Manager
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2016
I helped open Bar Louie Fort Worth and it was an amazing experience. It was the first Bar Louie in Texas and its reputation followed to Texas. The atmosphere, fresh handmade cocktails, and the employees made it a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Long hours and lots of cleaning
Great place to work and be yourself
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 27, 2016
Bar Louie is great place to work if you want to have fun and be yourself while making money, if you have tattoos and piercings you will feel not out of place but at home, rather. I enjoyed working for Bar Louie
Great co-workers and you get to meet new people every shift
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2016
Fast paced days are the best days at Bar Louie. I learned that everyone must work as a team. The best part is making a customer have a great experience.
Pros
Take home tips
Cons
Bad tippers
A great place to work at with a fun crowd and live music
Service Manager/Kitchen Assistant GM Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2016
Working at Bar Louie was a great experience. It was not only a fun environment but a challenging one too. It never felt like I was at work.
great culture bad senior managment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 6, 2016
fun place to work but be ready to work 12hr days with no breaks and senior management has no idea whats going on and make poor choices.
Pros
great people, fun atmosphere usually great money
Cons
long hours, can work for almost nothing some days, senior management has no idea whats going on
Bar Louie
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 8, 2016
This is not a job I would recommend to anyone. The management would yell in my face and make me feel bad about myself. No some breaks were allowed. They also did not let me have a break after 13 hours of working straight.
Cons
Bad manegment