Bar Louie Employee Reviews

fun work place
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Great place to work. Teaches you how to multitask and how to improve with your people skills. The work environment is very laid back with the managers and the staff.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
the regulars that come in
Fast pace, diverse customers
Head Trainer/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Bar Louie is a fun place to work for, if you are willing to put in the time and effort you can make good money. The best part about Bar Louie is their scratch made food in the kitchen. The high quality food was easy to sell and made customers happy.
Terrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Bar Louie Livonia has the worst management ever. People call off don’t show up to meetings smoke weed outside but there’s no consequences. Several people have been fired for not IDing lately. Management has no idea how to schedule. Business is in shambles and top management refuses to invest in location to bring in more business.
Pros
Discount during holidays
Cons
Enjoyable workplace with great organization
BAR TENDER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2018
I have worked for Bar Louie for three years now, and there is a reason I've stayed with the company for so long. Their recipes are incredible, and the organization within the company makes it a satisfyingly structured environment.
Pros
Fun competitions and events
Cut throat, designed to cause burn out
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2018
It's simply a flawed design to burn people out and keep salaries low. At no point did the corporate office have my back on any situation i was ever in. HR department is a joke. Averaged 65-70 hours per week and had no social life. Benefits are awful.
Where's my boss?
Shift Lead/Server (Current Employee) –  DTC, COJanuary 31, 2018
Management changes here more often than dramatic servers following money.
It's hard to work in a place where the management is changing more frequently than the rest of the staff.
Cons
There's never a dishwasher
Bar Louie
server (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 31, 2018
I was stressed when I worked at Bar Louie. The management was scattered, the employees were confrontational. The kitchen was always late on food. The only positive was the quality of the food and drinks.
Save yourself
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2018
This is the worst place I have ever worked. Do you like making money? Then do not work here. Do you enjoy a management team that stays calm and doesn't verbally abuse you? Then do not work here.
Cons
Basically everything
fun workplace wit great people.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 26, 2018
bar louie was a wonderful fast paced work environment. the people are absolutely awesome and so friendly. you really are part of a family there and i will keep friends from there forever. the work was pretty easy and quick to learn.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
Fun Work environment
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Loved going to work everyday. Bar Louie really stresses individuality in their employees and allows them to express themselves. I loved the environment I was in.
Foods ok, employees suck
Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2018
Employees are rude and all on drugs, management doesn’t care about employees they only care about making an extra dollar. Stressful and you never made enough.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
Environment, management, coworkers, not enough money.
Stressful environment but great coworkers
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJanuary 23, 2018
Slowly setting up until happy hour. We have a 3 hour rush and after slowly going back to normal. I have learn a lot of new signature drinks and met some very cool people.
fun job but management sucked
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2018
very fast paced. fun place to work if you like the night life. very party oriented job. mostly all female staff. girls can be very hard to work with. but enjoyable
High volume martini bar and restaurant.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at work was pretty stressful, it required team work but also required independent work. It is a busy restaurant, so it requires employees to be focused, be able to prioritize, to work efficiently and be abIe to think quickly. I needed to be very self-disciplined and aware of what was going on under minimal supervision. The managers expected everyone to know what needed to be done and to do it without being told. I was able to emerge as a leader because there was minimal supervision and not all team members were capable of staying focused and knowing what to do at all times. I completed job duties and assisted in delegating job duties among all team members to ensure everything would get done. All of the staff is extremely friendly with each other and the environment is fun and upbeat making the job enjoyable. Another enjoyable part of the job is that the managers notice who leads the team members and who works harder, so they do little things to reward those individuals.
Pros
Half-price food
Cons
No benefits, usually no breaks
Fun Environment
Front of the House/Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 16, 2018
I would recommend working at Bar Louie in Schaumburg for an hourly position. The FOH staff are motivated and fun to work with and the BOH or HOH are very helpful with menu knowledge.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
All employees are under a microscope at all times/Franchise location
Great Concept, Poor Excecution
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Although my supervisor seems to have a great mind for the business, it seems that comes with a lot of empty promises. We have been told things that have never happened, and been surprised by the lack of information we receive when rolling out a new product or idea.
Could be better
Server (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Things would break constantly. We'd be out of supplies daily and had no way to get them except wait for undisclosed amounts of time. The atmosphere was good but there was very little planning ahead.
Excellent
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 10, 2018
The team was very friendly and provided a great work environment. Customers were very personable, along with the management staff. Company provided an open door policy.
Decent place to work
Head Bartender/Traveling FOH Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2018
The financial stability that Bar Louie offers is uncanny to other places in the industry. The problem comes with the staff itself. Where everyone used to be a team player and on top of their tables/guests, it appears they've fallen short for some time, and I attribute that in part to management. If management doesn't set an example for what is expected of their employees, then the staff will not follow suit, and it has been several times that I've come back to Bar Louie only to see the staff drop the ball consistently on what standards for food quality and service are. It's easy money and it's good money if you know what you're doing and have a team that cares.
poor moral
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJanuary 4, 2018
management rude, coworkers lacked team work, negative attitudes. you would work extremely hard and get little to no recognition and the management did not work as a team and mistreated the staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bar Louie. Our community is ready to answer.