Bar Louie

Bar Louie Employer Reviews

Wonderful employees, terrible management
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: management, understaffed, always running out of something
Love the environment, the staff, the kitchen, and the food. They just don't know how to operate well management wise. (inside the kitchen) they make everyone of the employees go above and beyond their jobs to make the managers jobs easier. Which is understandable to a certain extent. But understaffing and under ordering so we run out of things and have less workers just so they can get a nice bonus for the quarter. COMPLETELY UNFAIR!! When the hourly employees are just trying to pay their bills.
Serving!
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2015
I was a server/Trainer at Bar Louie. I trained incoming employees and I served tables. My co-workers were fun to work with and made the time go by quickly!
It is a safe and loving workplace .
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: no healthcare
Well most of the managers are a ok but there is one that don't want you to speak your mind .If you are there to make so money keep your mouth shut be on time and you will gain a wonderful profit
Productive workplace
Server (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 18, 2014
I run drinks and food to the guests. My co-workers are hard working and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult guests.
great job an atmosphere
Waitress and Bartender (Current Employee), Hurst, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: only 50% off food when working
Cons: no discount on certian foods
working at bar louie is awesome! its a very laid back environment with a group of hard working people that are good at working together to get done what needs to get done plus some!. we have a very big alcohol selection with 20 drafts and a big amazing list of food to choose from.
Fun and lively
Bartender (Former Employee), Crystal cityNovember 14, 2014
Pros: lets you have piercings and tattoos visable and show your unique personality
Cons: management not really experienced
Great concept and culture. Typical day, come in and set up bar for workday as opener or close the bar down as closer. I love working the service bar. I learned a lot of martinis and shooters working in that bar
Amazing Job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Gainesville, VANovember 7, 2014
Pros: great people, better food, and even greater pay.
Cons: well... its still work.
I worked at Bar Louie for a year and absolutely loved it. The people I worked with along with the people I served were amazing. The company itselfs is always moving and changing for the better and always has something to get excited about. The pay is all tips so there are good days and bad but overall one of the funnest jobs i've ever had.
different
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hrs
Kitchen manager is more then just the kitchen manager. He has to deal with all aspects of bar. Aka like the assist manager.
very fun place to work
lead prep cook (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no organization
great place to work if things could be managed bette.lots of potential for progress
up beat, fun workplace
Manager, Bartender, Server (Former Employee), Kirkwood, MOOctober 28, 2014
I worked very long hours. Opened the bar at 10 am and would have to stay till after happy hour, usually a 10-12 hour shift. It was well worth it with the money at the end of the day. I learned a lot about customer service. Also a lot about beer,wines, and liquor. Management was amazing when I first started, slowly started going downhill and there wasn't much I could do to help bring it back up. I loved all of my co-workers. When one of us was having a bad day, we all came together to try to help cheer them up and have as much fun as possible at work. The hardest part of my job was that "the customer is always right" because sometimes they aren't right, but you have to put a smile on your face and do what you can to make them happy. I quickly learned to always make the customer happy. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the amazing people I met, co-workers and customers alike.
Always entertaining
Bartender (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: i became a mixologist
Cons: no breaks in a 12 hour shift
I worked a lot of daytime shifts as well as night shifts. A typical morning shift I worked alone. I had to set up the entire bar for the whole day and night shifts. I had to work fast in order to get everything done. I had to master multitasking. Management had a high turnover rate. In my one year working there I seen 2 general managers, 2 operation managers, kitchen and bar managers change. Bartenders would come and go. I was one of the original employees left by the time I ended my employment at this particular establishment. The hardest part of the job was setting up the entire day within a hour. I would come in early so I could get ahead start in my day. I loved my co workers it was fun working with them. I learned time management is a very crucial for my day.
Bar Louie
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 1, 2014
A Typical day at Bar Louie was working fast paced I know a lot about dish washing. Well Managed. Co-workers were good to work with. Hardest part of the job was nothing to me. Teamwork.
Fun place for a first job.
Server (Current Employee), Matteson, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Its a laid back restaurant with cool people. Business has died down a little but its a pretty good gig.
Fun working place
Bartender (Former Employee), Naperville, ILSeptember 16, 2014
I loved working for bar louie. I had a great relationship with the owner, who is also a family friend. Management along with all co-workers were awesome to work with.
no review
Waitress (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 12, 2014
I have nothing to say about bar louie. I spent a year and a half there and hated every bit of it.
New Store
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2014
This was a new store opening. With a significant management turnover rate, we were left with several managers not suited for the position.
Nice concept
FOH Manager (Former Employee), Bar Louie Gainesville and Ashburn, VaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great happy hour
Cons: long late hours
A nice concept if the company could actually pull it off. For managers there is too much emphasis on being able to be the everything to all people. Little attention paid to the service side for the server and bartenders with too much latitude given to FOH being there "own" selves. Simply stated there is more concern for the employee to "have fun" at work rather than being skilled and efficient at what they do, and that's provide quick and friendly service. My fine dining background clashed greatly with this concept.
Wash dishes as the come, fun environment
Dish Washer (Current Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: 1/2 meals, fun environment
Cons: short breaks, payroll confusion
It has its good and bad days like any other place of employment
Fast Pace hip bar
Host (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNAugust 4, 2014
Pros: tips, meet new people, good food
Cons: no benefits, drama, short hours
A typical day at work(depending on your shift) is a fast pace, professional, and fun atmosphere. You get thrown new curve balls and new situations every day you work. My co-workers are okay, lots of girls work here so it can become caddy, but that comes with working in a restaurant-I tend to just keep to myself to avoid it! The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my customers happy and seeing them return week after week.
Diverse place of business where professionals meet to have lunch and a few cocktails.
Server (Current Employee), Matteson, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: working the breakfast shift
A typical day for me, I start by getting my lunch beverages prepares for the afternoon rush we usually get. Always excited on may enter our doors, my appearance would be mainly up to par. Sometimes I may get overwhelmed by all the customers coming in at once. But my co-workers always are a big help! At Bar Louie, we are mainly a team and that is what I love most, we are family. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting all my customers individually and giving them the best possible service.

1 2 3 4