Barbizon USA Employee Reviews

Awesome managers, travel opportunities, well-known company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 4, 2017
I absolutely love this company - you're only required to be available 2 weekends out of the month. While corporate is located hundreds of miles away in Tampa, you're never left "on your own" being that they typically respond fairly quickly via email or phone call should you need assistance. The models, at times, can be a bit lazy and unmotivated - especially if you're in a dead venue, but as a team leader, you're responsible for deciding to motivate them or to simply send them home it they refuse to meet their job requirements. If and when you are in a dead location, it's nearly impossible to make commission- though there still is a base pay, but commission is what makes it worthwhile and fulfilling. Oh and did I mention the travel opportunities?!? In a nutshell, Barbizon does it right - 2 thumbs up.
Pros
Commission, travel opportunities, well-known company, ability to polish communication skills
Cons
Motivating stubborn models, struggling to make/exceed commission goals in dead locations
I live it
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2017
It's great and people are nice not sure why you are asking me this . I feel strange revising my current employer . What is this bout?why why why whY ah
fun work atmosphere
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2017
Barbizon is a fun work experience that has taught me how to effectively approach and talk to people as well as learn great selling techniques. I have also been able to help with the local sales conventions.
Fired for nothing
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 9, 2017
They fired me because I had a family medical emergency and could not make one single weekend. I understand having a commitment, but one's family member staying alive should be grounds for an understandment.
great part-time for when u need some extra cash.
mall promotions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2017
this job is great you meet people you get work experience,also good for working together with others,it is a verry proffesional job, and also has a good pay for the hours.
Pros
you are not alone when you need help.
Cons
nothing.
Fun to Teach and Work with Children
Instructor and Recruiter (Former Employee) –  NJJune 28, 2017
Unorganized, contacting models each week w/your personal phone rather then the company providing a work phone was ridiculous. Also the cost is a bit over-priced for the parents & all products required for the class should be brand new not used. One class received a new makeup kit (each student) whereas the other class used one large make up kit that was very unsanitary.
Pros
fun to work with children
Cons
2 teachers should over see each class, students are not offered anything after graduating or sent to recruiters/agencies
A good opportunity
Senior Account Executive and Admissions Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2017
I love the company and how they help young people. I just find the working hours do not compensate in the money earned
The hardest part of the job is in finding the correct locations to recruit students from
A fun weekend job
Model/ Model Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
Working for Barbizon was amazing. I have traveled all over Georgia and seen places that I have never seen before. Not only that, I really enjoy meeting new people, communicating with others, and sharing my experience with others.
Pros
Fun, weekend job, great pay
Growing company
Team Leader / Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
I've learned how to be flexible, management skills, travel expenses, expense report, corporate paperwork, time management, customer service, culture, etc.
Fun and easy going
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed working with the young boys and girls and watching them grow and learn from the experience. As well as meeting great people with the company.
Pros
nice schedule
Productive , Fun workplace
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 4, 2017
great workplace, great ceo, friendly environment. Not much room for growth, have to ask for raises that have been talked about once before it wont be given when worked hard for until you bring it up.
Pros
fun workplace, friendly
Cons
pay, hours, some management.
Don't bother!
National Talent Scout (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2017
A typical day of work is supposed to be 6.5 hours. You work more than that and overtime! You get 2 days off in 2 weeks if you are lucky. This company is a revolving door! Horrible management. You travel everyother week but only from airport to hotel and back. The workplace is unfriendly. Training is incomplete and rude. And the promise of money is false! They give you a false script to use that is a lie. The leads are cold leads and the parents wonder why you are calling their children. Too many negatives to list. You are not a talent scout but told to tell the parents. The presentations are lies and so are the rewards of the girls. We are just there to sign them up and make money.
fun place
runway (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 1, 2017
it was hard but I pulled through it their were a lot of nice girls in their that helped me and etc. they had so many good ideas and their creativity was amazing.
Pros
good assistants
Cons
short breaks
They hire in volume so they can fire people at the drop of a dime
National Talent Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2017
They hire unqualified people in volume on a part time basis so they don't have to provide benefits, the qualified people they do have they micro-manage them to the point of exhaustion on the employees part. They constantly change the commission scale without notice.
Pros
For directors like I was the travel is amazing and meeting with the girls.
Cons
Everything else is a complete nightmare
Working with talented people
Talent scout (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day was calling up to 500 people a day trying to set up appointments. I would then fly out every two weeks to scout for talent. The hardest part of the job was telling people they didn't make it.
Life promoting and great experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 15, 2017
Working with Barbizon has been insightful for me because before I was offered this opportunity, I myself was a student. Working with them shows not only to myself, but also the girls that there is more after you finish your classes, whether it be modeling, acting, or a career with the company.
Pros
Great environment, fun co-workers
Great place to be.
Modelling Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I loved working here and loved the students even more. I learned so much while employed here that I use to this day. Management was professional as were my co-workers.
lack of training
National Talent Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2016
sales job not told that before hire have to make a certain monthly quota or u will be discharged from the job without warning its a scam job to take money from families with a desire to become a model or an actor
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
work 5 days sales job no stability
Fun
Spokesmodel (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2016
overall very good company, friendly people, really nice, every time i work for them i fun and i make new friends every time.
Decent, but far from perfect.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2016
The management were so unorganized that i was left to fend for myself without staff of my own hundreds of miles from home for days at a time. They paid for travel and housing, but having to staff myself on short notice got very exhausting. It grew to a point where I couldn't keep up with it because even the workers they would assign to me didn't help me reach my goal to make commission. It was a constant let down, only to get paid once a month. The managers were nice, but I'm unsure of their motives when it comes to wanting their team leaders to succeed.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
poor planning by managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barbizon USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9