Barbizon USA Employee Reviews

Life promoting and great experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 15, 2017
Working with Barbizon has been insightful for me because before I was offered this opportunity, I myself was a student. Working with them shows not only to myself, but also the girls that there is more after you finish your classes, whether it be modeling, acting, or a career with the company.
Pros
Great environment, fun co-workers
lack of training
National Talent Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2016
sales job not told that before hire have to make a certain monthly quota or u will be discharged from the job without warning its a scam job to take money from families with a desire to become a model or an actor
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
work 5 days sales job no stability
Fun
Spokesmodel (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2016
overall very good company, friendly people, really nice, every time i work for them i fun and i make new friends every time.
Decent, but far from perfect.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2016
The management were so unorganized that i was left to fend for myself without staff of my own hundreds of miles from home for days at a time. They paid for travel and housing, but having to staff myself on short notice got very exhausting. It grew to a point where I couldn't keep up with it because even the workers they would assign to me didn't help me reach my goal to make commission. It was a constant let down, only to get paid once a month. The managers were nice, but I'm unsure of their motives when it comes to wanting their team leaders to succeed.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
poor planning by managment
Great Pay but horrible management
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2016
When you first start working for Barbizon the training is only 3 to 4 days then they want you on the phones booking appointments. The leads they give you are old and misleading most of the girls don't even remember signing up. Then when you set the appointment it's misleading the parent and girl because they make us tell the parent it's a free informational when in reality it's not it's a scheme to get parents to sign their daughter up for modeling and acting school. When it comes to the management it's just unprofessional. She is rude and says what ever comes to her mind and you go to HR and they do nothing also about it. She really is all about numbers but don't want to train her employees the correct way to have successful number the company is looking for.
Pros
Good pay, breaks
Cons
Unprofessional management and HR, not having enough training
you stand all day.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2016
I felt as if I was badgering customers. It was only a summer gig to sign up young girls for a photo shoot. You had to meet a quota as well. The work stations are normally at a mall.
Productive Work Station
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJune 27, 2016
I liked this job a lot but the company is now owned by someone else. Great pay benefits, very fun upbeat job! Great coworkers, and everyone work as a team very well.
Pros
Free Lunch, hours, and pay
Cons
temp
Steady hours and nice co-workers
brand ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33609June 3, 2016
The job is pretty simple. It's hard to get in trouble or get "fired." Every once in a while, it can be hard to communicate with the people you have to approach. Other than that, it's a low stress job. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who does not like to interact with people, approach people, or up-sell a brand.
Pros
Long breaks, consistent hours, never work with the same people.
Cons
Rude people, only work on weekends.
Busa
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2016
Great Company to work for and much opportunity for growth, great pay, great people and great students. I highly recommend
Poor communication
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2016
The teachers get as much information as the students. Everything seemed a secret which made my students lack confidence in the end result of the class. They don't like for you to give too much personal information to the students about who you are. For me that was uncomfortable because the students didn't find that relatable. Once I opened up the students began to at lease believe in me and my personal knowledge. My direct staff was amazing to work with but corporate seemed unattainable. If questioned about anything they would give the run around.
Pros
Meeting great students and the curriculum
Cons
Horrible communication
Productive and fun work place
Recruiter/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
Time at work goes by really fast, its only work opportunities on weekends. They tell you if they need you ahead of time to work. I've learned how to deal with adults while involving kids and being more creative. Co-workers aren't bad they don't really take their job seriously sometimes, but no problems other than that. The work isn't bad just teach the curriculum, stay professional, show up on time, and do the paperwork right.
Pros
Lunch isn't taken out our checks, no one is watching over you every minute of the day.
Cons
It's only a few weekends of the month Saturday and Sundays.
A good start
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2015
This is a good company to start out with. They have lots of opportunities for advancement. However, they have a very high turn over rate it seems. One week you will meet five new team members, and the next month 2 of them will be gone. Overall, I'd say the experience just depends on what department you work for.
Love working here and meeting many new fresh faces!
Lead Representative Modeling/Acting Instructor (Current Employee) –  DFWMay 4, 2015
Working for Barbizon have been the best five years of my life. Each weekend you get to meet many new girls with a dream to pursue a career in the modeling/acting industry. It gets hard to say goodbye to them and watch them fly.
Fun!
Barbizon Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2015
This job is so amazing! You get teach young girls how to be young ladies and they grow so much self esteem and love for themselves after the 6months! It's super simple job, strictly weekends so not too hard to work around. Decent pay and typically super sweet co-workers. The hard part is standing in heels for hours but typically it's no problem! If you love making young ones feel amazing than this is the best place to go!
Pros
weekends only
Cons
Standing
Confidence is Key
Montgomery Bus Supervisor and instructor (Former Employee) –  birmingham, ALOctober 23, 2014
Barbizon USA is a Modeling and Acting school that teach girls and boys of all ages how to be comfortable in their own skin and also how to take care of that skin. My school is located in Birmingham, AL. I was a bus supervisor on a charter bus that took students from their city to the school two weekends out of the month. My job as a bus supervisor was to keep those students save the whole trip. Parents would bring the students to he bus, I would sign them in, and they would proceed to their seat. At the time of departure I would do a head and name count of each student then we would start on our drive to Birmingham. From Montgomery to Birmingham we would make one stop on Clanton, AL to pickup more students as well as allow the students to use the restroom at the pick up site. With a large group of students like that I walk them in and out of any unfamiliar place, there was no moment the students were out of my sight. Once everyone was back on the bus I would do another head and name count. Once we made it to the School the student's would be checked in one by one. At the school my job as an instructor was to teach the students the key concepts of being a great model and actor/actress. Confidence, poise, speech, healthy skin and body, and of course FUN! They would also learn about fashion and being creative. After the day was over we would then board the bus I do my procedures and I made sure all parents knew we were headed back to assure a safe pick up for the students.
Pros
Got to do something I loved to do
Cons
called for jobs as needed
Telemarketer who travels
"Admission Director" (Former Employee) –  TampaOctober 2, 2014
Beware of a company who is always hiring; it means people are always quitting. Average tenure is 6 months as an admissions director. You will work 24/7, literally. There is never a real day off because you are forced to use your personal cell phone to make calls and text so your phone is always ringing. Your office is a tiny closet with no windows. Overall a very unprofessional, misleading work environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management, working 7 days a week.
Job Overview
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Manage and oversee nation-wide promotional events weekly. Develop new and maintain current relationships with event venues. Budget and effectively negotiate prices for events .Travel throughout U.S to hire and train promotional supervisors for new territories and upcoming events. Book promotional staff for each event .Assist in organizing and coordinating several fashion shows. Book travel such as airfare, rental car and hotel accommodations for promotional team. Ship marketing materials and promotional supplies to staff. Design marketing materials such as flyers, signs and banners to display at events. Process payroll for all promotional staff each week. On-site manage team of promotional models at various events. Motivate and oversee promotional team. Ensure quantity and quality lead generation. Meet and exceed lead generation expectations while increasing sales within company. Portray positive, upbeat image for company while interacting with potential clients. Keep accurate payroll, travel logs, and expense reports. Responsible for weekly booking reports
Pros
Travel, benefits, and working with kids
Cons
Worked every weekend & holidays
Job wasn't for me
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Tampa,FlAugust 21, 2014
Responsible for booking young girls in different areas to come in for interviews with our National Talent Directors for modeling and acting.
Hardest part was getting the girls to actually come out to interviews.
a good job for a 20 something, but not anyone else
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Southwest regionAugust 8, 2014
This review to people who work "out in the field"-- NOT in the Tampa office. If you are considering getting a job at Barbizon, know that it's NOT going to be what you think it is. The company is cheap and the jobs they hire for are not for 90% of the population. If you are a particular kind of person (don't need the money, love working with girls, fashion, detail-oriented, positive) you may fit in.
Most everyone else... go get another job. This is an OK job for "side income" ONLY IF YOU LOVE IT.
I have the compensation benefits 4 stars ONLY because for young people they will consider it good pay. If you are over 30, negotiate something higher because what they will offer won't be enough to make you feel doing the job is worth it.
Pros
work on weekends, long hours, standing, cheap company
Cons
work on weekends, no benefits, minimal contact with corporate office
former student
student (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 2, 2014
A complete rip off. Dream robbery!!!!! Selling false dreams to kids and parents. Stay far away!
Pros
not one pro to mention
Cons
Rip OFF

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barbizon USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8