Barclaycard Employee Reviews

Its was cool.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 20, 2017
Barclaycard is a good employer to work for. They value their employees and also their community. They are very serious about giving to the community and volunteering. The pay their employees (while on the clock) to do community service. A rare find!
Stressful place to work
Account Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2017
Management does not understand the jobs of the employees under them. Management has strict expectations of the employees, but the employees do not have the tools to be able to meet the expectations.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
The departments are all very short staffed, but the expectation for the departments is to meet numbers of a full staff.
Overall
Fraudulent Investigations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 4, 2017
No structure or transparency through management. The company is growing so fast that current jobs and duties aren't being carried out effectively. Lots of room for improvement.
Pros
Incentive bonus
Cons
Great company to work for
Senior Treasury Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 27, 2017
Recommend working here. Great people and great culture. Relaxed environment, but management varies depending on the type of managers you get. A lot opportunities within.
Management is horrible
Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 26, 2017
The training provided was excellent. However, once you actually begin the job, management isn't there to coach or help you. They are always scattered and sometimes not available
Productive Workplace
Settlement Research Adjustment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 9, 2017
Typical day at work goes very fast with a tedious, production filled work load. The most enjoyable part of the job is relationships that I've built while working at Barclayscard
Casual Dress, Hard Work but plays harder
Collections Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 7, 2017
Casual Dress, Hard Work but plays harder. Nice break room, discount in the cafe for working at barclays. Collections between dialer and manual dialing
Cons
workforce errors, system errors
productive and interactive company
Customer Experience Lead, Assistant VP (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 11, 2017
great autonomy with leadership opportunities
entrepreneurial spirit
limited advancement opportunities, dependent upon the area
most enjoyable part of the job are the people, the community service opportunities and travel
Pros
free parking, great health care and compensation, great people
Cons
limited advancement dependent upon the area
Initiative diverse workplace with work from home options
Sr. Global IT Project & Change Management (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 23, 2017
Information Technologies / Business and Global IT Environment
Regulatory Compliance /Enterprise Risk Management
Accomplished, senior level professional, performance driven and motivated achiever with nearly eight years of IT Service Management experienced. Well-versed in managing Change Management Platform, ServiceNow Integration, Regulatory Compliance Controls, and Assessing Risk & Impact. Currently questing career opportunities to further strengthen my technical acumen.

 Proven ability to effectively communication with senior level leadership across regional/cultural boundaries
 ServiceNow Integration, Dashboard Design and IT Service Management
 Effectively manage and drive metric reporting, risk gap analyst discussions, improving upon best business practices
 Strong critical thinker with proven knowledge of regulatory compliance and risk gap analysis
 Exceptional analytical and problem-solver with experience working across global environments
 Effectively maintain project transparency, with keen ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
Good place to work.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJanuary 18, 2017
It is a call center, very busy, so you are expected to reach goals they have set for hold times, after call work and transfers, adherence to time schedules set for you. Half hour lunches . The people who work there are all very nice and helpful.
Nice global company but US projects aren't managed well
Quality Engineering (QE) Team Lead (Current Employee) –  WilmingotnSeptember 18, 2016
Management allowed a consultancy firm to mismanaged a critical project and exhaust the budget. They are pushing for launch of the product with no money left for testing and many outstanding issues with it.
LOVED the employees
Resolutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there, the company does show there appreciation for there employees, but need better management. Benefits were great and Overtime was wonderful as long as you understand the payperiod.
Activitely Phone Handling Collection
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 19, 2016
40 hours a week good paying position where they will teach you the basic on what you need to know and can offer more if you would like to know. There are great co-workers that make you feel at home but the hardest part is getting the hang on things but you will catch on that will make it enjoyable.
The job is easy. The pay is low and almost unfair.
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  HenderssonJuly 7, 2016
Barclays acts like they are a fun company to work for, they celebrate every quarter. The celebrated their 10billion in deposits goal, and what the employees got was a almost no raise for 2016. If you can call a 10cent raise then I guess I got one. Salaries are low and they want to you be thankful for having a job. Job is not hard but it's micro managed by everything you do is on a reports. If you breath too fast that comes out on a report...JK. Benefits are good and that's the only thing that keeps people there. Bonus is hard to reach, each month the more people make goal the higher and higher the goals go up because in reality they don't want you to bonus because they are cheap. When you do bonus then they focus on what your doing to make sure your not cheating. They write you up for everything, even if you take you cell phone out to see who is calling you. Customers are #1 to them, if you say something like "Wow" or use a slang with a customer you get a verbal or a write you, if you hang up on a customer even by mistake, Your fired. Job security is none.
Benefits
Cons
low pay
Great team
Android Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and the product while it lasted. Unfortunately our product didn't make money and was eventually killed off.
Poor Management
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 9, 2016
Management is extremely unprofessional. One manager actually said to her team consisting of mostly minorities "that you guys are acting like a bunch of monkeys." Management consist of unprofessional bullies.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor management
wonderful place to work
Fraud Analyst Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 20, 2016
love how i was given the tool plus more options to find my answered to provided customers
hate the verification process for customer will offer better offer to do verification.
love the team work as family not just one person
Pros
excellent pay when it came to overtime
Cons
not a lot of options to move up need to have less favoritism.
A Job
Fraud Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 21, 2016
This company is just a job. I'm blessed to have a job but I feel like one out of thousands with no ability to advance and no support for future opportunities.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low Opportunity for Advancement
Great Company culture and benefits
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
This company is a great company just that they outsource too to many credit card companies and its hard to keep up with each one and they need to update there systems when pulling up peoples account
Management is unorganized and there is a lack in training
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 14, 2015
First off I bonus almost every month. I have never been late, always willing to work overtime . My productivity numbers are always over the company standards and I get a talking to for taking 5 extra minutes a day to use the restroom. So your telling me that if I take 2 2.5 minute bathroom breaks that I should be talked to? yes, you read this correct. Even though my productivity is over 100% every single day! I believe this to be demoralizing. I'm not in prison or not a pre schooler. I don't think they should be worried about my bathroom breaks if it's for 5 minutes a day. Secondly the training is a joke. The lack of communication is hilarious. Everything is communicating via email. Good for just a job. I wouldn't waste your time here for too long.
Pros
Paying job
Cons
it's just a job, no career advancement opportunities, micro management, bad HR practices, payroll is lacking