Barclaycard Employee Reviews

Nice global company but US projects aren't managed well
Quality Engineering (QE) Team Lead (Current Employee) –  WilmingotnSeptember 18, 2016
Management allowed a consultancy firm to mismanaged a critical project and exhaust the budget. They are pushing for launch of the product with no money left for testing and many outstanding issues with it.
Activitely Phone Handling Collection
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 19, 2016
40 hours a week good paying position where they will teach you the basic on what you need to know and can offer more if you would like to know. There are great co-workers that make you feel at home but the hardest part is getting the hang on things but you will catch on that will make it enjoyable.
LOVED the employees
Resolutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there, the company does show there appreciation for there employees, but need better management. Benefits were great and Overtime was wonderful as long as you understand the payperiod.
Poor Management
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 9, 2016
Management is extremely unprofessional. One manager actually said to her team consisting of mostly minorities "that you guys are acting like a bunch of monkeys." Management consist of unprofessional bullies.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor management
wonderful place to work
Fraud Analyst Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 20, 2016
love how i was given the tool plus more options to find my answered to provided customers
hate the verification process for customer will offer better offer to do verification.
love the team work as family not just one person
Pros
excellent pay when it came to overtime
Cons
not a lot of options to move up need to have less favoritism.
The job is easy. The pay is low and almost unfair.
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  HenderssonJuly 7, 2016
Barclays acts like they are a fun company to work for, they celebrate every quarter. The celebrated their 10billion in deposits goal, and what the employees got was a almost no raise for 2016. If you can call a 10cent raise then I guess I got one. Salaries are low and they want to you be thankful for having a job. Job is not hard but it's micro managed by everything you do is on a reports. If you breath too fast that comes out on a report...JK. Benefits are good and that's the only thing that keeps people there. Bonus is hard to reach, each month the more people make goal the higher and higher the goals go up because in reality they don't want you to bonus because they are cheap. When you do bonus then they focus on what your doing to make sure your not cheating. They write you up for everything, even if you take you cell phone out to see who is calling you. Customers are #1 to them, if you say something like "Wow" or use a slang with a customer you get a verbal or a write you, if you hang up on a customer even by mistake, Your fired. Job security is none.
Benefits
Cons
low pay
Great team
Android Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and the product while it lasted. Unfortunately our product didn't make money and was eventually killed off.
Great Company culture and benefits
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
This company is a great company just that they outsource too to many credit card companies and its hard to keep up with each one and they need to update there systems when pulling up peoples account
A Job
Fraud Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 21, 2016
This company is just a job. I'm blessed to have a job but I feel like one out of thousands with no ability to advance and no support for future opportunities.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low Opportunity for Advancement
Excellent
BUSINESS OBJECTS DEVELOPER/ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 7, 2015
Barclays provides personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide The goal of the project was to create real world parent-child relationship giving a view of credit exposure across the different division of the organization. To aggregate and integrate credit exposure and credit data across accounting trading and operational system within an organization and generate views of available credit in light of the exposure and credit limit.
Management is unorganized and there is a lack in training
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 14, 2015
First off I bonus almost every month. I have never been late, always willing to work overtime . My productivity numbers are always over the company standards and I get a talking to for taking 5 extra minutes a day to use the restroom. So your telling me that if I take 2 2.5 minute bathroom breaks that I should be talked to? yes, you read this correct. Even though my productivity is over 100% every single day! I believe this to be demoralizing. I'm not in prison or not a pre schooler. I don't think they should be worried about my bathroom breaks if it's for 5 minutes a day. Secondly the training is a joke. The lack of communication is hilarious. Everything is communicating via email. Good for just a job. I wouldn't waste your time here for too long.
Pros
Paying job
Cons
it's just a job, no career advancement opportunities, micro management, bad HR practices, payroll is lacking
Productive, relaxed work environment.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER BARCLAYS (Former Employee) –  Wilton, MEAugust 14, 2015
As a relationship manager for this company, you need to be prepared to answer hundreds of phone calls a day and be ready for any type of customer on the other end of the phone. I learned a lot about the ins and outs of credit cards, and was able to solve problems for customers very quickly. The hardest part of the job was the occasional angry customer that called in.
Pros
Great benefits, long lunch breaks.
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time.
Great benefits and good coworkers it was a nice professional place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 30, 2014
Most of the day was spent on the dialer calling delinquent account or working my on que.

I learned a lot about first party credit card and banking.

I had great co-workers that had positive attitudes and worked very hard.

I did not find the job hard except that due to the dialer being more heavy due to closing agency in Colorado....I needed more time to work my que.

I love working with and helping people.
Pros
Three day weekends every other week and 10% differencial for 12-16 hours each week
Cons
not able to take time off when I was sick and in the hospital
Unstructured Management
Lead Credit Strategy Analyst, UK Card Portfolio (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
New York office is considered Central for Excellence and performs analytics for Barclays card business across the world. New site started few years ago. Very unstructured, very high turn over rates, bad HR policies related to visa/greencard, no plan in place to develop folks for promotions/take more responsibilites
Pros
less work, managers it in london/germany etc.
Cons
no growth, bad HR policies
Poor management.
Fraud Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 15, 2015
Mass confusing and miss information is the name of the game at BarclayCard. You will never get the same answer twice to the same question. What one manager tells you will get you penalized from another manager. Payroll is a nightmare. I don't know a single person that has been paid properly and on time on a regular basis. Most analysts are at least a month if not two or three behind on being paid for one thing or another. There is no chance for progression what so ever. If you need a job it is that, but it will never be more than a place you go to for 8-10 hours. I actually like the company as a whole, but the terrible hiring practices for analysts and managers coupled with the fact that when the company messes anything up it takes months and months for them to fix their mistake and get the problem taken care of, all the while you are either punished or payment withheld even though you did nothing wrong.
Pros
None.
Cons
Treated like a child, demoralizing, and endlessly frustrating.
Excellent
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Co Spring COSeptember 8, 2015
The work place was very family orientated. My fellow co- workers were very easy to work with along with and our team worked as a team.
Pros
Fun relaxed enviroment
Cons
Non
Fun place to work with great leadership.
Mobile Commerce and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to work! The leadership have a plan and direction for the company and you really feel like you are directly contributing to it. They are very good with employee advancement.
Not enough training
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 15, 2015
Constant turn over,lack of support,disorgonized,lack of training,no consistancy. I wouldn't recomend it to anyone maube once their more stable as a company.
Cons
uncomfortable work environment
Typical Day
Production Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 30, 2015
Nice, laid back environment but very customer focused and you need to make sure your work is done on time. Very enjoyable place to be if you get all of your work done
Productive and Fun place to work
Marketing Analytics (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 5, 2013
This company is to best place to work
I am programming the optimization for many objective function
The managers are very friendly. Actually, you are your own manager in this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclaycard. Our community is ready to answer.