Barclaycard

Barclaycard Employer Reviews

Unstructured Management
Lead Credit Strategy Analyst, UK Card Portfolio (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: less work, managers it in london/germany etc.
Cons: no growth, bad hr policies
New York office is considered Central for Excellence and performs analytics for Barclays card business across the world. New site started few years ago. Very unstructured, very high turn over rates, bad HR policies related to visa/greencard, no plan in place to develop folks for promotions/take more responsibilites
Productive and Fun place to work
Marketing Analytics (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 5, 2013
This company is to best place to work
I am programming the optimization for many objective function
The managers are very friendly. Actually, you are your own manager in this company.
Barclay's is a professional company investing in their staff
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
they represented up to 60 major credit card. services included assisting in card loss, registered for oversea travel
Data Analyst
Data Analyst (Former Employee), City center GlasgowJune 26, 2014
Overall I enjoyed working with Barclaycard it was a shame redundancy brung my post to an end.
Simple job of inputting data
Data Input Clerk (Former Employee), BrackmillsJune 19, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: standards can increase a lot
Simple work to get the hang of, good place to start learning about I.T type jobs.
Working to be happy
Italian Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), SandyfordJune 17, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
A typical day in barclaycard was really interesting every single day as new procedure were always on
I learnt how to react with the customers giving best quality being fast
Hardest part when we had underpressure time but always concentrated and organizing the job
Friendly and supportive
Business Support Administrator (Current Employee), NorthamptonJune 10, 2014
Working within a team retrieving statements for customers claiming PPI
fun enviroment, but very productive
deputy team leader (Former Employee), NorthamptonJune 5, 2014
Pros: meet alot of people
Cons: long hours
I was the deputy team leader of a team of 8, I had to run meeting and interact with different departments on a daily basis. I also had to train new members of staff as they entered the business,
challenging and innovative
Senior Advertising Manager (Current Employee), LondonJune 1, 2014
A typical day at work will consist of creating campaign ideas with our agencies and gaining feedback and sign off etc and then developing these ideas.
I have learnt how to develop my skills in advertising and how to launch a successful throughout the line brand and product campaigns.
Overall the co-workers are friendly and fun but there is a lot of – more... challenge from senior management to deliver the hard numbers.
I get to do a job that I love and create new, fun, engaging and interesting ads and content – less
fun place to work, rewared everyone who workd hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), crawleyMay 20, 2014
Pros: hours, people
Responsible for maintaining effect relationships with account holders, dealing with all aspects of their accounts such as managing payments, resolving complex queries all whilst exceeding department targets.
Attending Management Courses.
Assist in training of new members of staff on their induction course. Coached and improved existing staff members – more... in their sales.
Deputised in the Customer Service and Sales Department in the absence of managers. This involved, floor walking, keeping the relevant teams previous day’s performance updated. Taking escalated calls and answering any queries.
Dealt with customer complaints in a calm and polite manner. Ensured that all complaints recorded adhered to FSA guidelines. – less
Lovely place to work
Multi-National Account Administrator (Current Employee), Stockton-on-Tees, ENGMay 20, 2014
Pros: great rewards
Cons: opportunities for advancement
Brilliant with training and coaching and great opportunities for networking.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Customer service / Workflow management (Former Employee), Stockton-on-Tees, ENGMay 20, 2014
Pros: free meals during heavy workload times
Cons: lack of job security due to outsourcing abroad
Having deadlines to meet for workflow could be challenging. We had to ensure that complaints were acknowledged within set timeframes, and final responses were sent within 40 days when possible. This could involve working overtime at short notice, but the challenge and clearing the work on time gave us a big sense of achivement, which was always recognised – more... by management. – less
Good Employee
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), NorthamptonMay 7, 2014
Pros: the people
Who cared about their staff. interesting and challenging projects
Good & hard-working team
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Crawley, ENGMay 4, 2014
Pros: work was within a short walking distance, i was allowed some flexibility with starting and finishing times
Cons: lack of job security
I was recognised for my hard work, efforts & skills and made a supervisor and eventually a manager from a data entry clerk.

The hardest part of the job was the, at times, long hours inclusive of the over-time. The counting of 100s of application forms and generation of work in progress reports ensuring the accuracy of the figures every morning was – more... challenging due to mis-counting but with the help of a very supportive co-manager it was possible.

The attention to detail and ability to maintain consistency with monotonous tasks like data entry & checking for errors in 100s of application forms was especially difficult.

I enjoyed training and meeting different kinds of people, which was needed at a high turnover rate during busy periods. It was challenging to go through so many temps but rewarding as it gave me the opportunity to eventually build a team that was able to deliver high accuracy and low error rates. I enjoyed rewarding them for their performance.

I enjoyed being able to get on with my work independently when required, as everyone in the team knew what they had to do on a daily basis.

I was grateful of the supportive members of the team and managers who made me into a supervisor/manager. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Deputy Team Leader & Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Northampton, ENGApril 10, 2014
Pros: compressed shifts so 4 days off each week
Cons: long hours
Typical day involves motivating the team with a team meeting, going through changes and targets for the day. Helping assist team leaders with tasks and working alongside colleagues to give them support in their roles. Have one to ones with colleagues to discuss their quality and productivity. Meetings to discuss how to implement changes and how to improve – more... things in our department. Have a fun and charismatic team which make the work day enjoyable. – less
Productive fun workplace
Administration Clerk (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGMarch 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
No typical day at workplace you are dealing will all customer s internal and external
I have learned how to deal with awkward customers
Management help you develop you as a person not a employee
Very exciting and challenging
Marketing and HR (Former Employee), Northampton, ENGMarch 11, 2014
Pros: lunch was provided
Cons: normal hours
worked in all departments bcause it was work experience. Mostly i was working in HR and Markerting departments, working under the Chief Exective of the Head Office.

I learned diary management, filing, taking meeting minutes and organising the meeting it's self adn the meeting romms. Doing all travel bookings and expences.

I worked with woderful people – more... who were willing to taech me their jobs, worked in the community department where i learn how to organise fundraising for different charities.

The hardest was to be in the call centre where i had to wrk at very fast pace.

I enjoyed working with different kinds of people from top management to the lowest staff. So amazing. – less
rewarding and fun place to work
Quality Analyst/Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Liverpool, ENGMarch 2, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable place to work. The people and place as whole are really good. the support network is great.
Vice President Strategic Capability (Current Employee), NorthamptonFebruary 26, 2014
QA
Quality Analyst - Payment Protection Insurance (Former Employee), NorthamptonFebruary 24, 2014
It is a great company to work and i would love to go back to Barclays for my next role.

1 2 3

About Barclaycard

Raising the bar for global finance, Barclays owns one of Europe's largest banks, a top market-making investment bank, the top – Read more