Barclays Center Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting work place. Team work is a key factor
Lead Cook Concession- Paisanos Butcher Shop (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: You can work another job easily. You can climb up the ladder to success very easily. .
Cons: Callouts are pain cause then you are under staff and work is intense. But I can handle it.
build my needed products for a productive shift. Then start prepping and then the show begins. Customer service skills take over. The fans bellies are full and satisfied. Now the cleaning process continues. Then I begin another day.
first job fun and excitingentering the jobfield
Arena Security Officer (Former Employee), brooklyn new yorkApril 22, 2015
Pros: everything just a fresh breathe of air opened my eyes to the work life and expectation
Cons: not that much i really loved my time there
fun and my first job coming out of the door program being certified in customer service and also driving results, i was apart of the visual team the stock team the replenishment team and also loss prevention
A overall great time with co-workers who were all very friendly.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Being able to meet new guests/co-workers and to communicate with them.
Cons: Rules being changed every five seconds, miscommunication with supervisors.
A typical day on the job would be that I would walk into the building. Going through the metal detectors, I would greet my fellow staff members and see how they were doing. After that, I would clock in and find a locker to put away my items before acquiring my uniform for the evening. Once I was on my shift, my supervisor for the evening would give me my location after debriefing us on the information that was given to us on our event notes. Getting to my section, the first thing to do is to check the section thoroughly to make sure that each and every seat was ready for the arrival of guests and to also make sure that the area was clean. When the doors opened, letting the guests in, I greeted all whom arrived at my section with my co-worker as we ushered them towards their seats and made sure that everything as well with them because at the Barclays Center, we made sure to treat each and every person as if they were a guest in our home.
the overall summary is that Barclay is a good place to work
Cook (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough break time for standing all day
a typical day at work your task is already set before and you basically get started to your routine
I learn how to prepare different meals
management is okay can be better
me and my co-worker are a team we work together and make sure no task is undone even if its not ours.
the hardest part is probably the standing and carrying heavy items
the most enjoyment is to see the product end and feedback how good our job was don.
so overall I Barclay a 5 star rating
There are more cons then pros
Cook 2 (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Event based
There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed in the work place. Management is not what is excepted. The hardest is not working everyday.
productive work place and great leadership.
SENIOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2015
The hardest part off the day is staffing. As a great team we always get the job done. Just working at Barclays is enjoyable.
exciting and productive
Event security (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2015
always something new and a sensational place to work with great co-workers and other employees. A great feeling to be apart of someplace thats making history.
Fun and very social work place
Counter Worker (Former Employee), 620 Atlantic Ave Brooklyn, NY 11217January 3, 2015
A day at work consisted of popping popcorn for the whole building while at the same time upholding the proper customer service. I've learned that there is always room to grow and always opportunities ready to be taken. Management may not have been its best, but they still hold you to a high standard of building and maintaining relationships with the regulars. The best and hardest part of the job are the customers. On one hand they can make your job the best job in the world, on the other hand some can push you to your limit which is why it is important to know how to maintain your composure.
Great place to work when the work is steady
Concessions/ Cashier (Current Employee), BrooklynNovember 16, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough work. event based
Set up for the days event, and cleaning the kitchen at the end of the event. Counting my cash bank in and out for the day. Checking the beer taps and soda machines. Filling the ice machines. Inventory counting. Help Train new employees. Liaise between different companies, departments, and management. Sweeping, mopping, dish washing, equipment cleaning, restocking, and garbage removal. Heavy customer interaction, and conflict resolution. My customer service training, alcohol service training, and the behind the scenes experience I received will be invaluable when it comes to big event planning.
Fun environment
Event Security (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: watched events for free
Cons: n/a
Overall review of Barclays, such a great experience, being that I from Brooklyn, born and raise. I can say I witness history and part of history, to see an arena built in a city that I from, and such a tremendous big deal, I would of never thought that I would ever see an arena built that I worked at and live not too far from where I grew up.
Decent
Security officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Days aren't too long, no more than 7 hours. Management is great, people are easy to work with.
Great opportunities for growth
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee), brooklyn , nyAugust 19, 2014
This job is where I learned to be a professional people person. In the world of events, a guest service representative is the first show guest are going to see. Guest service representatives set the tone for the guest experience by being welcoming and friendly. Working at Barclays I learned to be team-oriented and focused.
Fun place huge building lots to learn even from events.
Porter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: seeing events for free.
Cons: up & down stairwell
Great new atmosphere for Brooklyn & its residents. Having to stay extra was never a problem loved that they always offered overtime so we can really get the building clean, team oriented job everyone looks out for one another.
Its Productive and a great place to work
Escort guests to their seats (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: the pay rate is great
Cons: no healthcare, no free tickets
Typical day will be getting on the computer to find out what time I have to work this day, I head towards work by train when i get there i head towards the door with the metal detectors show my badge head down stairs to the uniform room to clock in and get my uniform for work and be ready before line up time that was given on my schedule for this event and to be brief on this event, typical day at work.I learned how to be more efficient when dealing with guest smile, pleasant speaking voice giving guest the best customer services hospitality skills that i learned at training at my job and applying it at work.management is very professional when is comes to employer,they want to see you to be the best that you can be to utilize what know and learned on customer service/ hospitality skills' professional experience as well as provide future opportunity for advancement within the company.every coworker is thoughtful each other that whats make it a fun place to be and work, the hardest part of the job is standing for a long period time before leaving work the most enjoyable part of the job is watching the event for free
productive
Uniform Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2014
Working at Barclays is extremely fun yet challenging.
I've learned a lot of patience from my wonderful supervisor and superior management team.
I love working with my coworkers because everyone works really hard and we are all usually on the same page!
Fun fast pace environment.
Facility Operations (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2014
Preparing the arena for specific events. NBA games, concerts, conferences, NCAA basketball games, graduations etc..
making sure the presentation is set to the needs of clients. lighting, drapes, and chairs are arranged and assembled accordingly. Management is ok, we all work as a team to get the job done in a timely fashion. Sometimes things can be changed at the last minute which can be difficult to deal with. As a team we get the job done.
a place far away from home,
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2014
learned how to build display and get customer's attentionas long with trust from manger to close out stores.
barclays
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2014
its ok , even though most of the higher ranks or unqualified. lunch is short. promising you change of post , and leave you there for the whole day
its a fun workplace
Usher/ticket taker (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 2, 2013
When I go to work I clock in first then I get my uniform and change in the locker room. I have learned about the many types of customers and the ways to deal with them. The management team always walk around the building making sure everything is how its suppose to be. My coworkers are enjoyable to be around and do their jobs the way it is to be done. Sometimes I am the only person in charge for my section and the many guest that have seating issues that I have to deal with alone. After I have seated all the guest into their correct seats, I get to watch the concert or basketball game that is taking place at the barclay center
Productive and professional workplace
VIP Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 27, 2013
Ensure safety and maintain security of premium areas during events by checking passes and tickets of guest. Also I provide guests with information about the arena and other property related questions. Management is very good there. Hardest part of the job is dealing with big crowds. Most enjoyable part is meeting all the celebrities.