Barclays Employee Reviews

i worked for banking sector
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2017
This is my first job in usa and i like the work culture because i was so excited to work in banking sector. Work environment is pretty cool, I like working in Barclays bank .
Review Summary
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 18, 2017
• Trained new hires and monitored calls for quality assurance
• Performed a range of administrative processes to complete customer requests
• Resolved inquiries from customer service representatives and handle escalated calls
• Managed portfolios of over 1500 clients
• Met sales requirements and solicited other product offers to clients via phone
Productive and a good learning enviroment
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I work in the office and take clients around for showings. I learn a lot about the real estate field and how to search for houses in the MLS. The hardest part of the job was the intense driving hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Driving hours
Great firm until acquired buy BlackRock
Principal, Human Resources - Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2017
This review is for Barclays Global Investments - great culture, compensation and work environment. Firm was acquired by BlackRock after I left and reports on culture suffering are wide spread
Pros
comp, work environment
Unstable Environment
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
There are lots of changes from Top Down. Unstable Environment. Job function is not stressful but expect to wear multiple hats as management does not hire replacements.
Pros
Dynamic Working - Depending on your manager, you're able to work from home.
Cons
Company has been unstable changing CEO, changes within management structure, lots of lay-offs during the year. Expect Little to No raise and bonus.
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
People are trustworthy and there is great teamwork among the various teams. The environment contains a flexible work environment containing great work life balance. Management is fair and is there to support me. The work place contains a collaborative atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was the rate of attrition occurring in our group. Talent was taking time to develop within our team. This was a major challenge which we had faced with our users. Most enjoyable was the meritocratic work environment which allows you to succeed if you put in the effort.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, talented coworkers, great team work
Cons
high turnover, poor bonus, ongoing regulatory costs that individual employees have little to no control over
Relaxed work environment
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 14, 2017
My experience at Barclays was a positive one for the most people. The people were friendly, I learned a lot about fraud. I loved their willingness to work with you regarding personal issues. They offered a t.v. and game room.
Pros
Free coffee, discounted foods and beverages. good incentive -monetary.
Cons
no job security
Working for an international bank was interesting
Teller & Collections clerk (Former Employee) –  Odendaalsrus, South AfricaSeptember 14, 2017
Very fast-paced, was a wonderful experience working with clients especially helping impoverished community members that were often illiterate. Also helped with 'collation' often working into the night helping tellers balance their daily takings.
Pros
Important experience
Cons
Sadly I couldn't get a transfer to Barclays Bank in Durban and so I had to resign.
Working at Barclays is amazing and Fun
Sr. AWS & DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
It always great working at Barclays and gained experience working professionally. Multiple exposure towards the technology. The standard and policies stands out standing
Corporate environment was not for me
Fraud Detection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 12, 2017
This may be fine for someone else, but a corporate environment wasn't for me. If I had to use the restroom in between break times, I had to clock out for those 4 minutes I was going to be away from my desk.
Barclays
Operations Specialist/Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Londo, EnglandSeptember 11, 2017
Barclays Bank is one of the best Banks in the World. i love this Bank to death. If I was to go back to London, England I would go back here in a heart beat. Manager's and work Peer's where the best...I keep in communication with all of them down to my Area Manager. Barclays would be my recommendation to anyone looking for a job in the UK.
Exciting
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working here very much it was such an experience! The staff are very friendly and upbeat. plus being able to see games concerts and shows all while working with great people is amazing. Only downfall was my school schedule and their hours pf operation.
Not a good work envorment
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 8, 2017
Company has no integrity management created. Has no integrity management tell coworkers businesses that is said in confidence I would never referee a friend to this company
Pros
Cons
Lack of intergenty
Really poor management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 7, 2017
I had the worst manager at Barclays. We received no support and never interacted with the management, unless there was a problem. The morale was terrible.
A great institution to grow your professional skillset
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
A good place to advance your career and experience in finance. Colleagues will help address issues they may see in your work to be a better worker. Project's are plentiful and will mold you into a team player.
Pros
Relaxed and flexible work environment
Cons
Long hours to fix production issues
Liked working there
Global Application Support Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
Good place to work, challenging and rewarding. Good technology, exciting people, growth opportunities, and excellent opportunities to travel. Wish I stayed longer.
Watch your back
Multimedia Event Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
Very high stress environment..

Uptight corporate culture with too much turnover.

They smile in your face and stab you in the back.

I only liked working there on payday.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Stress
Na
VP, Internal Audit / CCAR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
Fast paced work environment with constant changes of managers and colleagues. Lack of communication from the management led to many uncertain moments.
Fast-paced High-stress
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilton, MEAugust 29, 2017
The environment was constantly changing, we went from assigned seating to never knowing where you'd be because there were more employees than desks. Managers and teams were swapped frequently, leading to poor communication between levels of employment. Often you'd be on the phone all day with little time to connect with co-workers, unless it was a slow day. Customers were often upset during mergers. The best part was the people I worked with, and having the ability to actually help people on occasion.
n/a
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 22, 2017
fast paced work environment communicating with guest. it is not hard to work at barclays. safety is number one in barclays . friendly environment enjoyable workspace. get along with all co workers and you will have a good day at work . managers work with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval