Barclays Employee Reviews in United States

HR Business Partner at Barclays
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2016
Barclays is a global financial services firm. I have worked at the organization for 1 year. I enjoy my current role and there are many opportunities to move internally.
great place to work at
Fraud detection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 21, 2016
great place to work at very friendly people they offer great benefit packages. they have great hours to accommodate ya everyday life
Productive and Challenging workplace
Sr. Informatica Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJMay 18, 2016
Learned a lot while working here. A nice place to work and learn new things. Got a chance to handle couple of challenging tasks related to Data Quality and Volume.
management is good, co-workers helpful
Analyst, Tax Documentation Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2016
while at Barclays I experienced management that was concerned about the morale of the staff; my co-workers were helpful and taught me many skills
Pros
summer Fridays - early dismissal
Cons
bonus were extremely small or non-existant
Solid place of employment - good people
Personal Assistant to CCO, Barclaycard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
Working in an Executive Assistant capacity, I had the pleasure of receiving immediate training and compliance information up front as well as an on-board process that was thorough.
Pros
Good consistent environment
Cons
Too early to completely tell
Front End Web (UI) developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2016
• Managed application state using server and client-based State Management options.
• Coded Java Script for page functionality and Pop up Screens.
• Implemented AJAX functionality using JQUERY, EXT-JS, JSON and XML.
• Worked closely with Business Analysts in understanding the technical requirements of each project and prepared the use cases for different functionalities and designs.
• Designed new classes and functionalities using various JQUERY components for CRM application for customer service.
Large Bank, Lots to be Done
CCAR Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
Solid learning environment in a fast-paced, dynamic culture. Opportunity for growth if supported by management. Benefits are top of the industry.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Dynamic Team Environments
Cons
Bureaucratic Decision Making Process
Enjoying with challenging roles and fun work place
Sr.Java / J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
This pattern provides a more granular level of authorization than is typically provided by J2EE role-based authorization, getting down to the level of an individual object within a system. We are now dealing with protection of data, not just of functionality.
great place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 26, 2016
good place to work for the most part, good hours and decent pay, upper management could do a better job running the collections dept
Pros
great co-workers and decent bonus structure
Cons
upper management can be challenging at times
English Culture
Mandatory Block Leave Assistant VP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
This is an english bank with an ingrained english culture. If you enjoy providing quality work then this place is for you.
Enjoyable place to work.
Vice President, Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  740 7th Avenue, NYC, NYApril 19, 2016
Excellent teams. Mornings were usually meetings with London and Singapore teams. Afternoon and early evenings were development time. Working on the trading floor afforded me many interactions with different traders, risk managers, financial controls. Learned Java, perfected C++ and a lot of credit derivative knowledge. The hardest part of the job was managing global teams, many late night calls. The most enjoyable part of the job were that the traders gave me the time to interact and communicate. I saved the firm $1.6 million over a couple of coffee machine stops.
Pros
Excellent culture, excellent benefits
Cons
Late night calls with SGP team.
My colleagues are very friendly , we are having fun and enjoying our work for time being activities
Sr.Java / J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
My typical day at work is to achieve the clickjack to handle the attackers to steal the data by hijacking the users.It was on 11/28/2015 , I have learned that this issue can be defended in two ways , they are X-Frame , and Best-for-now Legacy Browser Frame Breaking Script.
Pros
Snacks, etc
Veronica Mendoza
Reseptionist assistant jr. Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityApril 1, 2016
One regular day at work for me is to control the phone, crest any kind of documents.

The hardest part of my job is to control all the appointment had everything set down correctly. and control some of the employee and teach them what they do wrong in the correct way. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i always love to be in the administration part, take detitions and be part of a growing protect. and make it better.
Pros
good money.
Cons
short breaks.
Customer Service Barclays Bank
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2016
The job was really great had amazing benefits and really gave me great knowlegde for the future and bank postions due to certain things learned within the company.
Pros
everything
good company
iOS Developer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TX 75070March 25, 2016
good place to learn new technologies. job security is less.management has their favorites they oversee other other talents.
Diverse
Production Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 23, 2016
Diverse multi cultural open management life balance REXX, JCL, TSO, COBOL, Change Management, Banking Credit Card, Retail, Product Development, Different Time zones limit team engagement
Pros
Open Areas
Cons
Limited team
Not the best place for career growth
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
Good for work life balance. No career growth. False promises by management. Too many organizational changes in short period of time.
It was a nice place to work in, and it was well kept
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  AnywhereMarch 16, 2016
My typical day at work was check in, go to my assigned spot make sure where I was working was clean and checked properly for the well being of the guests then I would check the guests tickets and assign them to their seats. I learned how to communicate well with the guests, and be patient when it comes to their attitudes. Management was good at their job if I needed to anything I can always ask them and my co-workers were friendly as well as professional. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the guests attitudes, but the most enjoyable part was watching the games and concerts.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
15 minute breaks
productive work place that is high paced with positive people and fun work initiatives
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 6, 2016
typical day at work is often communication heavy, high paced with a lot of people.
I often learn from veterans of the work place
management is kind, understanding and gives work initiatives
most my co- workers are nice with your occasional grumpy people
hardest part of the job would have to be managing your breaks, and warding off people who do not belong in certain places
most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people smile and enjoying their time spent.
Pros
employee discounts, employee benefits, free view of events from working.
Cons
short breaks, often on your feet, occasional difficult customers.
The best place to work
MARKETING & PARTNERSHIP MARKETING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
My day to day tasks are to assist Partnership Marketing team with designing and activating marketing concepts to enhance value engagement for each of our seven franchising platforms, including those associated with supporting the New York Islanders’ inaugural season at Barclays Center.
I believe the work experience that I have been gaining at Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment strengthened my research, teamwork, leadership skills. For instance During my time here, I have been overseeing our team of interns in helping the account managers with day to day tasks to activate our partnerships. Moreover I participated in the formulation of a comprehensive partnership proposal that helped Brooklyn Sport & Entertainment to renew a marketing contract with Viber (the international social Messaging App). The challenge for me was the absent of any kind of sports experience when I got here.
Working and communicating with the fans are the most exciting part of my job. I am assisting Partnership Marketing team with on-site activations and client hospitatlity at all Barclays Center events.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
My contract is scheduled to end on September 2