Barclays

Barclays Employee Reviews

Barclays
Assistant Vice President, Equity Research (Current Employee), new york, nyJuly 17, 2015
Barclays Equity Research is a collegial, intellectually curious, hard working, and fun loving department. The department works to actively develop and promote employees which is a strong positive.
See Resume
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
I was very satisfied with my time over at Barclays. Barclays gave me an opportunity to take on a new role in Pricing Strategy and Business Governance, which allowed me to expand my skill set and experience. My remit even expanded further when I managed the US Service Partnership and onshore BAU time. I value the experience and during my time spent it made me a more well rounded individual.
Excellent compensation but full of insecure Managers and Politics
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 29, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Politics, Growth, Management
Company works on relationships. On-going fight between Technology and business needs. High level politics with no respect for contractors. If you are not in Development, then it takes forever to convert you. If you say No to anything to your Manager, then you will be fired without prior intimation. Contractors should expect a phone call from their contracting company managers on Friday after 5:30pm, irrespective of your track record.
Decent company
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: laissez faire
Cons: limited opportunites
Decent company to work for, average wage and average work hour for an investment bank. Unless you are superstar, limited growth.
Demanding and Challenging
Title Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
Cons: Problem Resolutions not complete
Objective to clear title
I learned the importance of removing restrictions affecting title
Management was wonderful in keeping one abreast with training to jurisdictional expectations
As a co-worker, I worked my own state, however, everyone assisted when needed
The hardest part were time constraints from a legal aspect
The most enjoyable in *some* instance was the prevention sell of property
average place to work
iOS Developer (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 31, 2015
not much to say, place was pretty average, its a bank so can't expect that much excitement in terms of technology. Other than that they had a lot of work parties, gatherings, trainings etc which is good.
Barclays is good employer to work with
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: barclays is good employer to work for, offers good salary, good work life balance, good benefits
Cons: need to improve processes
Barclays is good employer to work for, offers good salary, good work life balance, good benefits, I enjoyed working with barlays, One of the top investment bank
productive however could become a better fun place to work
Fraud Investigator / Detection Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, DEMarch 13, 2015
Pros: there are times when there are incentives and rewards given to individual agents
Cons: unrealistic expectations towards the work load
Thoroughly review accounts/applications by handling inbound calls to determine their validity by using multiple systems and comparing them to account/application indicators

• Review applications and place outbound calls to determine their validity by using multiple systems and comparing them to application indicators

• Review accounts in specific work lists and place outbound calls to determine their validity by using multiple systems and comparing them to account indicators

• Complete adherence to Quality guidelines and ensuring professional communication at all times

• Work assigned tasks/projects delegated by Leadership to completion
Participation in Citizenship and Colleague initiative programs
Primary job performance is to retrieve delinquent current/total due payments from customer’s who are three months or more pass due on their credit card accounts. At the same time, the responsibility of a collection account manager is to respond to inbound/outbound calls. In addition, each account manager is responsible for working their own accounts of those customers they are assigned. While working these accounts, the collection account manager must be able to manage current balances, stale accounts, last worked accounts, recent pays, broken promises, and promises on their account.
na
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee), Whippany, NJMarch 13, 2015
company is good but the management should be more transparent.
The team which you spend more time is very important for the contribution towards the firm.
Great Company
AETEA (Contractor) (Wilm., DE.) RELEASE MANAGER (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 10, 2015
Barclays is an up and company organization they have grown from a small organization to a leading in credit cards. With a lot of programs for their customers.
excellent company,great work environment
SHIFT LEADER OPERATOR (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: parties and bonus, work environment
Cons: pressure on getting all the nightly processing out on time in the morning
computer operation,processing daily transactions.
banking operation and diversity into different stock market allocations,every aspect of the banking field.
management was excellent and very supportive in every sirtuations.
coworkers wer excellent,very astute and friendly and realy professional in their jobs.
meeting working deadline,so that all reporting would go to the stock market reporting on time for price quotes,pressure on time factor if there was problem or a situation with the nightly operation.
great work environment,wonderful management and coworkers,parties and bonuses.
Fun, Awesome Place to Work
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Wilton, MaineMarch 9, 2015
Pros: lots of growth and learning, great managers and coworkers, excellent pay and benefits
Cons: sometimes grouchy customers, scheduling at times
I loved working at Barclays!! I found it a very professional and fun work environment. I had a wonderful class I trained with, and many of these people are now my life long friends. I learned a lot and it was awesome just to keep learning new things each day. The job came pretty easy to me because I had some prior office experience all though not in a call center and out of any place I ever worked, I can actually say I loved going to work every day!! Pay and benefits are very good and when you work overtime you have to opportunity to make more money. Managers seemed very helpful and worked with me in the learning process. Unfortunately I had to move due to my husband relocating for work, but I'd go back to Barclays in a heartbeat if I could!!
business development manager
Branch Manager Damanhour (Current Employee), Egypt, ARFebruary 28, 2015
managing 11 people to over achieve our targets , building a strong second line of management , handeling the branch not only for figures but in control as well , increasing customer loyalty to our barclays brand
very productive company, sometimes hard to keep up with.
Fraud Detection Analyst (Former Employee), Wilton, MEFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: co-workers with great, pay was good, benefits were good, the experience was good.
Cons: sitting down for 10 hrs a day was rough on the body
a typical day at work consists of going through applications and seeing if their fraudulent or not. Providing customers with accurate info and protecting the customers credit card accounts. What I learnt from this job is you have to b patient. U have to have some computer and phone skills. I learnt how to look for fraudulent activity on more things then just credit cards. The management that I worked with were amazing. They treated everyone equal and were very helpful when needed. My co-workers were very nice and their well being is great. Usually you cant talk to your co-workers because your to busy, but you can always get a laugh or two through out the day and keep the day brightened. The hardest part of my job was sitting down for 10 hours a day. I also found it hard keeping the phone calls short. Its a process that takes months to learn and I made the best of it in 6 months. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new techniques to doing my duties. I enjoyed talking to many different people across the world. Helping people getting their credit cards up and running or putting them on a freeze/hold is an important factor that felt good inside knowing their identity was going to be safe.
Collections Account Manager (Former Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 16, 2015
Great company to work for enjoyed my experience there. Great work life balance and support from upper management. Numerous opportunities for career growth.
n/a
COO of the Women's Initiative Network (WiN) (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Barclays is a rewarding and challenging place to work. No two days are the same and you feel very supported in your effort to move forward in your career.
Manufacturing environment
Process Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 10, 2015
An environment to learn more about plastics, design, and how to create design for manufacturability. Was able to get my lean six sigma certificate from here
Poor management style
Vice President, Learning and Development (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: flat, not bound by corp title to try new things
Cons: weak leadership
Low morale amongst employees, too much bureaucracy, low transparency on internal mobility
STAY AWAY!!
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: the firm
'nuff said! Very bad experience for me. Would not work there unless I was desperate.
fun workplace
Banking Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great environments
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work, very comfortable place to work. nice and professional environment. The people and the office are in a great location,

1 2 3 4 5