Barclays Employee Reviews in United States

It was a nice place to work in, and it was well kept
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  AnywhereMarch 16, 2016
My typical day at work was check in, go to my assigned spot make sure where I was working was clean and checked properly for the well being of the guests then I would check the guests tickets and assign them to their seats. I learned how to communicate well with the guests, and be patient when it comes to their attitudes. Management was good at their job if I needed to anything I can always ask them and my co-workers were friendly as well as professional. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the guests attitudes, but the most enjoyable part was watching the games and concerts.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
15 minute breaks
productive work place that is high paced with positive people and fun work initiatives
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 6, 2016
typical day at work is often communication heavy, high paced with a lot of people.
I often learn from veterans of the work place
management is kind, understanding and gives work initiatives
most my co- workers are nice with your occasional grumpy people
hardest part of the job would have to be managing your breaks, and warding off people who do not belong in certain places
most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people smile and enjoying their time spent.
Pros
employee discounts, employee benefits, free view of events from working.
Cons
short breaks, often on your feet, occasional difficult customers.
The best place to work
MARKETING & PARTNERSHIP MARKETING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
My day to day tasks are to assist Partnership Marketing team with designing and activating marketing concepts to enhance value engagement for each of our seven franchising platforms, including those associated with supporting the New York Islanders’ inaugural season at Barclays Center.
I believe the work experience that I have been gaining at Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment strengthened my research, teamwork, leadership skills. For instance During my time here, I have been overseeing our team of interns in helping the account managers with day to day tasks to activate our partnerships. Moreover I participated in the formulation of a comprehensive partnership proposal that helped Brooklyn Sport & Entertainment to renew a marketing contract with Viber (the international social Messaging App). The challenge for me was the absent of any kind of sports experience when I got here.
Working and communicating with the fans are the most exciting part of my job. I am assisting Partnership Marketing team with on-site activations and client hospitatlity at all Barclays Center events.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
My contract is scheduled to end on September 2
Huge workplace
iOS Mobile Developer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 2, 2016
The workday consists of pouring onto the monitor for coding. The office consists of more managers than actual developers. The work times are good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Benefits were awesome
Branch Analyst Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2016
Compensation and Benefits were great. Co-workers were great, learn a bit of the Wealth business. Director manager made it very difficult to work due to lack of managing skills and treatment of staff. Upper management Managing Director was very approachable and easy to work for.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Lower management not so good with staff
Barclays is a great place to start a career.....
Partnership Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 27, 2016
Barlcays, personally, has been a positive institution to establish a career, experience, and a network. Strongly recommend for someone new to banking.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Work life balance is currently a little strained - but normal in growth period
Laid off after 6 months bc division was sold
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
The Company was helpful with trying to help me find a new position, and provided a 3 month consultant job searching company.
Great job
Server (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2016
I LOVED WORKING THERE. a fun environment with loving and caring employees. I worked in a large volume of people, and guest.
Event Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2016
I am a creative vibrant and responsible individual. I believe that good Customer Service is the key to the success of any business. I have been a trainee of Customer Service skills to all new employees entering into the Barclays Center. With my expertise training skills I was awarded Customer Service Supervisor of the month. This award is only awarded to Supervisors that have exceeded the expectation of the Management team.
Pros
Chance to work concert, sporting events, children events, etc
Cons
standing for long periods of times
HomEq cared about its emplyees.
Quality Assurance Performance Development Coach (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAFebruary 6, 2016
I wordked for HomEq servicng for over 10 years and thought it would be where I retired. It is rare to find a job you look forward to going to. That is how I felt about HomEq. It was hard to see those doors close for the last time.
Former Emloye
Senior IT Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Great technology and good people. The company is very innovated and going through a lot of changes. They are moving to a more collaborative environment. Good locations international to work in
Senior Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJFebruary 2, 2016
It was great working at Barclays. We get to learn a lot.
Management is very helpful. But generally teams will be in different countries which will be hard to work as we have to work in different time zones.
Not a fan
Fraud Team Manager, Risk Operations (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 2, 2016
Work/life balance was a struggle with this type of environment. Call center management does not lend to a healthy growth environment
Analyst
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 30, 2016
I get into work in the morning. We run reports detailing outstanding trades. Monitor trade activity. This job has taught me about an industry I previously knew nothing about.
fun
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 27, 2016
nice place to work. the coworkers and fantastic. keep up the work and be happy/
I really do not have anything else to say. I really do not know the CEO
I enjoyed my work
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 27, 2016
Always I am happy with my team and work. The work culture is always flexible to all the employees. Great projects carried by the company. Hopefully it will be the same in the future as well.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Could do much better in projects
Productive workplace.
Retention Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2016
Productive and fast paced workplace. I learned to assist various credit card customer with issues and concerns. Management is involved , they recognize talent and offer assistance. My co-workers are engaged and work very hard to assist our customers. The hardest part of this job was to navigate the various products.
Stressing and underpay
cna nursing assistant cna (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 25, 2016
Working here has been a living nightmare. We have gotten new management and they are the worst. They under pay all the workers minimum wage they bring in new employees starting off $9.75 and there is always a call out. The residents are miserable and agitated seeing new faces every week. It's just a horrible place to work.
Pros
nice workers
Cons
short breaks
Head of Global Propositions in New Markets (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 25, 2016
Great people and culture to harness talent and innovation. I've had the opportunity to lead in Retail strategy, Wealth strategy, Digital proposition development and Research and Development with three pending patents
Pros
Great People, Great Culture
Productive and fun place
Executive Assistant to SVP and CMO (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2016
No two days are the same. It always keeps you on your toes. Fun environment but when it's time to get it done, its all business.