Barclays

Barclays Employer Reviews

A Good Firm to Grow your IT skills
Senior Developer (VP) (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Barclays IT is strong among the major IBs. It covers most of the cutting-edge and highly marketable skill set. This is a place where you can improve a lot if you are into technology.

The firm needs to form a better culture. E.g: diversity, enforcing professionalism. Sometimes I see people with good technical skills but poor inter-personal/team working – more... skills. – less
risk averse process driven organisation
Head of Retail Governance and Control (Current Employee), dubai uaeAugust 2, 2013
Experienced in business development, setting up and managing consumer banking and wealth management businesses with focus on risk, governance and controls.

Work experience in India, UK, UAE and USA
Firm has potential
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2013
Pros: comp
Cons: career path
The firm has a lot of room to grow but needs stronger leaders and needs to develop a culture and a clear direction. If someone can come over and manage a strong team the sky is the limit
Productive environment with challenging tasks to be completed.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Birmingham UKJuly 12, 2013
Pros: smart uniform, great colleagues
Cons: short breaks
A typical day would include a flood fill of customers that me and my colleagues would deal with. I have learned how to communicate well with my colleagues and customers who entered the bank, the management was excellent as i clearly understood what my duty was and what my manager expected from me. My co workers where very friendly and also understood – more... their roles and responsibilties which allowed the tasks within the business to successfully be completed. The hardest part of the job was working in the tight environment, however the most enjoyable part was meeting new people on a daily basis when dealing with customers. – less
Highly motivated company, shower you with bonuses
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 8, 2013
Pros: education for you job and career advancements
Cons: don't pay a discount for lunch
A very special company you can grow to love and help others. I had a good experience and love the atmosphere, great place to work.
Great Team
Roadshow Coordinator, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
Typically I would coordinate all of th logistics and schedule the investor meetings for the roadshows I was working on that month. I worked on approximately 5 - 15 events on any given month. Each member of the team also had to be the lead coordinator on a conference. I enjoyed this very much because as the lead there were so many details to attend to. – more... I enjoyed the responsibility, attention to detail, setting deadlines and of course the opportunity to work with sales, research and the corporates.

At Barclays I truly learned how to multi-task and manage my schedule. Deadlines and timing are crucial to any investor event; missed deadlines are unacceptanle as it throws off the entire event.

Management allowed us to work independently but also had an open door policy for any questions you might have. The hardest part about being a Roadshow Coordinator was learning ways to make both internal and external clients happy.The feeling of completing a successful event is so gratifying. There are so many details to attend to and to succeed in a such a fast paced environment is a great feeling. – less
Lively and entertaining work place, with a lot of people interraction
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2013
No day is typical, everyday you own a different job title, Under the guest services duties. My co-workers are great, fun people. Nothing about the job is hard, the most enjoyable part is dealing with the guest(especially happy guest after a Brooklyn Nets win)
Uncertain outlook
Vice President, Product/Business Manager (Current Employee), new york, nyJune 24, 2013
Barclays seems to pay less than market.
The environment currently is a bit negative because future is unknown.
Learning Institution, good people to work
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), CheenaiJune 19, 2013
I have learnt about UK market (settlement)
team player
good management
Very hands-on, Great exposure to financial operations
Consultant, Securities/Operations-Buyins (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 17, 2013
Overall, great experience. Significant exposure to several aspects of financial services industry. Worked closely with other groups in a cohesive manner. Gained knowledge about 204 regulation, stock loan and broker to broker fail management.
Interesting Projects
Program Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2013
Interesting Projects and the people are nice. The commute is close-to-home.
value adding experience
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 4, 2013
I was working as a vendor partner through TCS for Barclays as a client, and the experience was very worth and learning for the client.
Great company !!!
Summer Associate (Former Employee), londonJune 2, 2013
Content Strategy, Strategic Sourcing, Certified Project, Social Media Strategist, Board Presentations, Smartphones, Channel Marketing, Emerging Market Entry, International Management, Workshop Presentation, Client Interfacing, Tablets, Smart TV
Good place to learn new job functions
IBD - US Global Distribution Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: not much virtual commuting
Its a nice place to work with multiple building in the Midtown New York area.
Project management
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee), PakistanMay 25, 2013
Pros: lot of opportunities to learn
Cons: unpractical time lines
• Coordinated data and information and prepared internal and external reports from various departments
• Organized and managed records according to UK legal requirements for yearly record management audits
• Monitored project financial and performance.
• Also, developed performance indicators for projects
• Independently managed branch relocation and – more... renovation projects
• Worked on overall project planning and formulates reports based on project scheduling and timetables
for deliverables
• Produced project status reports, managed the team and resolved day-to-day issues with emphasis on SDLC. – less
Great Experience
AVP - Finance - Investment Banking (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2013
Manage the preparation of internal reporting for Investment Banking Division including weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenue reporting for presentation to senior management; monthly review and reconciliation of banking segment numbers for external disclosures.
Excellent job
Bank Management Trainee (Former Employee), AccraMay 6, 2013
Great place for young professional to build an enviable career in banking. An eye opener for me in the financial services industry.
Lack of management
Vice President (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: higher base salary
Cons: everything else
manager only cares about your contribution and ignore everything else, once any failure, always blame on you.
One Family
Real Estate Administration Manager (Current Employee), Barclays EgyptMarch 31, 2013
Winning Together

I am currently a Real Estate Administration Manager at Barclays Bank Egypt to assist them improving their productivity, minimize operations waste and non-value added processes.
My Skills include all aspects of Administrations, publicity and public relation. I'm a good communicator, both self motivated and a team player, with high ability – more... to learn new technologies and extremely resourceful. My personal skills also include negotiating.
I'm willing to fill the mentioned job, as my experience will be of great help to your Organization business. – less
Productive and very typical but fun sometimes
Sales representative (Former Employee), Accra, GhanaFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: insurance
Effective team work and strict supervision.
Learned more about management skills, and customer relations( communication)
Effective co-workers committed to their work always makes us efficient.
Finding new customers was difficult sometimes.
The team-work was very enjoyable because of diverse contributions.