Barclays Employee Reviews

Realy starting to get annoying
Foreign till cashier (Former Employee) –  detroitMarch 2, 2017
If I wanted to waste time reviewing firms for free I'd retire. How about you just let me apply for some sodding jobs rather than go through this nonsense.
Barclays Bank
Senior Sales relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, ILMarch 2, 2017
this was my first job ,campus placement.It was sourcing new accounts both saving and deposits. I worked in different segment like Business accounts,retails accounts.I was assigned to a relationship manager to whom i used to give new accounts for relationship management.

Business Development was priority . Work life balance was hard as office hours there used to be more than 12 hours sometimes ,which was pain.Manager were only bothered about targets only.
Great organisation to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
Following excellent process or methodologies for development of applications. Better place to learn and improve our skills. Good culture
Sr. Business Analyst
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
(trading as Barclays, formerly Barclays Capital or BarCap) is the investment banking division of the British multinational Barclays bank headquartered in London.
Mortgage Sales and Originations
Mortgage Sales and Originations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
It was a great project and team to work with them. The application is a web based application which is used by underwriters of the bank to verify and sanction mortgages for the customers.
Trade Support
Trading Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2017
Workplace culture is good depending on manager. The hardest part of the job is waiting for a promotional position to open up in order to obtain the promotional position.
Great place to work and network
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 26, 2017
I had such a wonderful experience working for The Barclays Center. The staff is amazing and will do what they can to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Professional work environment
Linux/Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAFebruary 25, 2017
Professional work environment with wide variety of Technologies involving Unix Windows and application support environments . Worked in the areas of Linux, Solaris administration . Worked in building Linux servers both of physical and virtual server environments.
Overall, decent place to work
Compliance Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I was not there very long, but was a decent place to work. My Manager was not too friendly, which caused tension, but the environment overall was nice.
Excellent Company
Illustrator and Mapinfo (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
My day consisted of creating new templates in Powerpoint for the Healthcare Department. I worked with a number of bankers in different positions and helped them through designing a presentation suitable for their clients.
What I enjoyed most was the creative aspect of the job, color coordinating and photo and image searches, to get a comprehensive and dynamic look for the presentations.
Review
Fixed Income Risk and Analytics Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Working in an investment bank is more or less the same in any bank you choose to go. Work life balance is dependent on the team that you're in or the project that you're currently working on or how much push is coming from management.
casual work hard play hard atmosphere.
Financial Crimes Investigator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 17, 2017
Good balance of work and life and good management support for advancement. A good place to learn and excel in various banking fields and opportunities to continue education both internal and through accredited colleges or training based companies.
Front end Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2017
Good place to work,
Daily scrum calls,
understanding management,
friendly people,
free coffee,
Nice place to be in the most happening place in New york
etc
Workplace Culture
Market Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
working at Barclays Capital was great. The people there were great group. which made going into everyday very enjoyable. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job.
Don't Get Too Comfortable
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 9, 2017
While every job has its politics this one an in-house insane asylum. That is at least for the Levy Restaurants portion of the building.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Low Comp
Risk & Control Americas - AVP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Low comp, low total comp - not competitive to market. Internal mobility is OK with possibility for advancement, but this is obviously dependent on the individual manager
Good workplace
Senior Python Developer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2017
I love working here as this place and work environment is the most enjoyable one. I like being a developer and I am very much comfortable working here
Excellent Management and Organization
VP Marketing Operations (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 7, 2017
Barclays Bank DE, is the Cards Unit of Barclays Bank US. The work culture is very transparent and has an true open door policy. Management is very clear with their goals and priorities. Provides excellent work environment and a true work life balance. Career growth is widely available and a people work on helping the colleagues grow.
great culture, great people, and strong values
Agency Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 6, 2017
this company does a great job at taking care of their employees with benefits and pay. it's a great atmosphere to work in and would recommend others to work there. good managers and chances for advancement. great company overall to work for...
Over all Good
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 2, 2017
Working with Barclays is exploring yourself and gives advantage to propose new ideas.
Every day is challenging day for team members which includes me and to implement new modules which makes me enthusiastic.
There are lot to learn in this project especially creating new modules.
The most difficult part for me is analysing the test cases and rectifying exception.
But overall enjoyed working with Barclays project.
Pros
free play time
Cons
saturday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval