Barclays Employee Reviews in United States

Laid off after 6 months bc division was sold
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
The Company was helpful with trying to help me find a new position, and provided a 3 month consultant job searching company.
N/a
Event Based Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2016
This company is a very good company and the management there is very understanding. On a regular basis,the day goes by smoothly. And on other days,it tends to be a bit out of hand. Overall,this job is a very convenient job.
Great project and team
Consultant (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 26, 2016
I was a consultant and not affected by corporate politics and policies. The project I worked on was great - team was great.
Working under good team leader, sufficient individual autonomy on job
Global Policies Compliance, AVP (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
Complicated management structure, but it was a large investment bank. Wrote global, regional, and business-specific policies for the investment bank. Lots of individual autonomy to do my job; sufficient supervision when requested.
Pros
Individual autonomy
Cons
contract job, job security
Production , communication with clients across the world
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, ILOctober 31, 2015
Learned to work in a diverse culture with client and colleagues across the world and their different working style.

Learned computer skills, reporting skills, working as a team player
Pros
Improved leadership qualities, team management
Cons
work life balance
Excellent benefits
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 15, 2015
While I was let go from this employer I did enjoy my job and the pay and benefits were excellent. The on site management was great. However this company is based out of UK so trying to get questions answered by HR or any questions on paycheck errors is quite a trial as you must reach them during their time zone work hours.
Productive and equitable growth opportunities
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LIRA BRANCHSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day would still entail smart and planned activities on a time structured schedule, cascaded sales targets and overseeing the branch operations. Management was effective and decision making was very timely. Colleagues were friendly and committed. The hardest part of the job was traversing the hostile northern region of uganda in search for sales. And the enjoyable part was hitting our sales targets and celebrating our achievements as a team.
good company
iOS Developer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TX 75070March 25, 2016
good place to learn new technologies. job security is less.management has their favorites they oversee other other talents.
Analyst
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 30, 2016
I get into work in the morning. We run reports detailing outstanding trades. Monitor trade activity. This job has taught me about an industry I previously knew nothing about.
Not a fan
Fraud Team Manager, Risk Operations (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 2, 2016
Work/life balance was a struggle with this type of environment. Call center management does not lend to a healthy growth environment
Not for Temps
Loan Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 26, 2015
I was a temporary contracted worker for Barclays. You work long days and nights and weekends as a temp, so don't expect the normal 9-5pm job. They will tell you they treat temps as equal to the permanent employees, but this couldn't be further from the truth. You are treated very differently. They do not train you, but expect that you will just hit the ground running. Training needs to be provided for all temps and management should be much more cognizant of that fact.
fun
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 27, 2016
nice place to work. the coworkers and fantastic. keep up the work and be happy/
I really do not have anything else to say. I really do not know the CEO
Productive and fun place
Executive Assistant to SVP and CMO (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2016
No two days are the same. It always keeps you on your toes. Fun environment but when it's time to get it done, its all business.
Enjoy the Bank
Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Enjoy the bank, appreciate the values/ culture. However due to the unsteady economic climate, bank isn't quite doing as well as I believe it would like to.
Great job
Server (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2016
I LOVED WORKING THERE. a fun environment with loving and caring employees. I worked in a large volume of people, and guest.
Productive working environment
Intermediate Holding Company ("IHC") Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
Excellent team to work with.
Opportunities to work with multiple functions.
High self-fulfillment.
Regular working hours.
Opportunities to interact with regulators.
Good firm to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - COO, Investment Banking (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
Overall the company is good to work for. I feel like most employees feel the same way. In the front office the employee churn feels low compared to other investment banks.
airport environment
Sales Rep/Sales lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2015
pitching card and signing customers up for credit card. Making sure we were following all guidelines. We were often audited by banks secret shoppers.
Pros
great environment great pay
Cons
no benefits or job security
The best place to work
MARKETING & PARTNERSHIP MARKETING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
My day to day tasks are to assist Partnership Marketing team with designing and activating marketing concepts to enhance value engagement for each of our seven franchising platforms, including those associated with supporting the New York Islanders’ inaugural season at Barclays Center.
I believe the work experience that I have been gaining at Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment strengthened my research, teamwork, leadership skills. For instance During my time here, I have been overseeing our team of interns in helping the account managers with day to day tasks to activate our partnerships. Moreover I participated in the formulation of a comprehensive partnership proposal that helped Brooklyn Sport & Entertainment to renew a marketing contract with Viber (the international social Messaging App). The challenge for me was the absent of any kind of sports experience when I got here.
Working and communicating with the fans are the most exciting part of my job. I am assisting Partnership Marketing team with on-site activations and client hospitatlity at all Barclays Center events.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
My contract is scheduled to end on September 2
Really?
PC TECH (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2016
Fine, it was great! one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen