Barclays Employee Reviews in United States

Racism and bullying tolerated
Resolution & Recovery Plan Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2015
I have been exposed to racial comments and bullying. I have reported this to Human Resources, and that accomplished nothing. I still get bullied, and verbally abused and Barclays has done nothing to rectify the situation.
Pros
Middle of New York City
Cons
Racism, unfairness, and unethically correct
Good work Environment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  London, OHDecember 7, 2015
A good environment to develop inner skills. Great co-workers and management team. As such, I was able to take on work challenges with ease.
Great working enviroment
Client Reporting / Portfolio Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2015
All of the members of our team worked respectfully and diligently to their full capacity. We were able to meet all deadlines if and when included working weekends.
Pros
kind management
Cons
no healthcare and no paid vacation time off for contracted employees
Fast Paced
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  620 Atlantic AvenueNovember 16, 2015
Very busy environment due to the fact this is an arena. Supervisors make sure you are ok and not over worked. Associates work as a team.
They can do better
Register Complex Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2015
There's a lack of communication in every department. Noone is ever on the same page. It definitely can get pretty shady in there from time to time, especially when it comes to management.
Pros
A lot of things are free for you and you get free tickets to certain events
Cons
Theres no organization
Fun to work, but not enough hours
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2015
I have learned how to speak up more and able to assist people as customer service. I have provie accurate response and directon to myguest as needed.

I have great staff members who have help me build my confidence interms of being more openly to the guest as their enter the arena
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Not enough hours or days to work
Good firm to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - COO, Investment Banking (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
Overall the company is good to work for. I feel like most employees feel the same way. In the front office the employee churn feels low compared to other investment banks.
felt like highscool
Credit Disputes Manager Risk and Control January (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 5, 2015
I worked for this company for 6 year went out on maternity leave and things had completely changed. change is inevitable, but it had become a "whose more popular club" and that is how promotions were given instead by work ethic and that really bothered me. outside of that the company was great, good culture, gave back to the community.
Productive working environment
Intermediate Holding Company ("IHC") Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
Excellent team to work with.
Opportunities to work with multiple functions.
High self-fulfillment.
Regular working hours.
Opportunities to interact with regulators.
Production , communication with clients across the world
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, ILOctober 31, 2015
Learned to work in a diverse culture with client and colleagues across the world and their different working style.

Learned computer skills, reporting skills, working as a team player
Pros
Improved leadership qualities, team management
Cons
work life balance
Average
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Metrotech HQOctober 30, 2015
I believe depending what area you work in there may be a different perception. A bit disorganized in regards to processes and management is often not open to better solutions. There way is the right way even if wrong. Management in HR is a bit clueless in regards to what is going in HR space currently.
Pros
Get to go to games and it is growing
Cons
No work life balance, may not get to go to lunch throughout the day and HR upper management, mainly VP doesn’t know how to manage.
If you are joining Octon project, beware!!!
Project OCTON Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2015
Think twice before joining Octon team as a Project Manager/ Business Analyst, and ensure to figure out all the details before accepting the job.

The hiring manager is a complete mess!!!
He miscommunicated and misrepresented the position (never mind that he is a PM and communication is supposed to be his primary skill).

After an initial phone interview I decided it was not a good fit (I am a Senior Business Analyst, and the position was heavy into Project Management). I emailed my decision to withdraw from the interviewing process to Barclays' HR recruiter, who informed me that the position was transitioned into a pure BA role, and an additional PM position was allocated. I agreed to proceed, interviewed with 3 people indicating my interest in the business analysis, and was extended the offer.

On my first day, when the manager was about to introduce me to the team, I noticed it stated a Project Manager as opposed to a Business Analyst. HR got involved, and at the end of the day I was terminated. Despite I had emails to prove that they sold it to me as BA position, and my "thank you" notes clearly stating that I was happy to join as a Senior Business Analyst, they said they were very sorry it was miscommunicated, and I was terminated. All they offered was an apology, and refused to provide anything in writing.
It is the end of October, and hiring freeze kicked in. Although my former employer would be happy to take me back, they cannot do it till the freeze is over in January/ February.

I am outraged, and Barclays offered nothing except a verbal apology.
Pros
Midtown location
Cons
Unethical, irresponsible, complete mess
airport environment
Sales Rep/Sales lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2015
pitching card and signing customers up for credit card. Making sure we were following all guidelines. We were often audited by banks secret shoppers.
Pros
great environment great pay
Cons
no benefits or job security
Good
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Newyork City, NYOctober 22, 2015
Working in Barclays Investment sector is a plus point to learn more about the Investment domain.

You have a very good work culture.
Excellent benefits
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 15, 2015
While I was let go from this employer I did enjoy my job and the pay and benefits were excellent. The on site management was great. However this company is based out of UK so trying to get questions answered by HR or any questions on paycheck errors is quite a trial as you must reach them during their time zone work hours.
Resolution Relationship Mgr (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 8, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. We review accounts on a daily basis and taking payments. We are the last resort to solving problems for the customers. Many different companies to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Irate customers
Working under good team leader, sufficient individual autonomy on job
Global Policies Compliance, AVP (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
Complicated management structure, but it was a large investment bank. Wrote global, regional, and business-specific policies for the investment bank. Lots of individual autonomy to do my job; sufficient supervision when requested.
Pros
Individual autonomy
Cons
contract job, job security
Fun place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 16, 2015
Big firm good company to work for.

I enjoy working with my team. I have learn a lots from my colleagues.

Can said enough for the company.
The work/life balance overall great.
Senior UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake, ILSeptember 14, 2015
Barclays is a good company to work with. For most teams, Barclays provides good work life balance. Co-workers are very firendly
Productive and equitable growth opportunities
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LIRA BRANCHSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day would still entail smart and planned activities on a time structured schedule, cascaded sales targets and overseeing the branch operations. Management was effective and decision making was very timely. Colleagues were friendly and committed. The hardest part of the job was traversing the hostile northern region of uganda in search for sales. And the enjoyable part was hitting our sales targets and celebrating our achievements as a team.