Barclays Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
Great company, great location, good benefits, no job security, due to various european locations a lot of traveling involved and all travel expanses paid on time
Busy fast paced work pace.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 14, 2017
A typical day is busy fast paced work pace.

With any business respect and integrity goes a long ways.
Inconsistent with the Integrity of the company being questioned by our customer's who i think bring us our paychecks and it's not respectful to our clients as well. I think, as well as (voice of customer's)

Sometimes management focus is numerical, (Only see numbers)

Motivated by the fast paced work place and eager to assist.

Sitting upright for long periods of time.

When I Introduce myself over the phone, I always feel like I am welcoming that person in my home... I really enjoy the appreciation feed back a customer give; when you have gone over and beyond to help a person and them recognizing it is enough for me
Pros
Certain seasons there is unlimited overtime.
Cons
Certain season there is mandatory overtime that can be conflicting and no one cares.
I loved working at Katella Branch and Diamond Bar Branch
Note Supervisor/Merchant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 13, 2017
I began as a cashier, then bookkeeping, then vault, then Note department. You come into work and get out your cash drawer and make sure it balances before you start. Every day is different, customers bring a new twist every day. Some are easy some hard, but always fun and will put a smile on your face if you let them.

We had a great management team
Work place culture
Sr. Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
Our team has 14 developers, who are really smart and very helpfully. We used to work together and help each other in difficult situations.
Management is so cool and I am gland working with them/
Pros
Free Lunch and Breakfast on some special events
Amazing place to work
Chef Developer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 7, 2017
I've been working at Barclays for past 6 months and I absolutely love it. The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible!Growth opportunities here are immense, and management is always willing to help work with you to help achieve your career goals.
Great Work Life Balance
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 7, 2017
Great flexibility, especially if you have kids. Work from home capability and ability to network globally. A lot of red tape keeps you from making decisions where needed. Senior Management structure is failing.
A changing enviorment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
Barclays is experiencing a vast amount of change and the pains that come with change.They have little regard for the growth of people and just looking to fill a role.
Awesome place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 6, 2017
good place to work great pay good benefits , suggest hard workers never be late great area food is good managers are welcoming also crew members job is good
Great Company
Sr. Big Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2017
Give me freedom to work on my side project on top of the current project assigned to me. This let me experiment with other technology that can possible help company
Pros
opennes
Cons
too much paper work need to changes
Realy starting to get annoying
Foreign till cashier (Former Employee) –  detroitMarch 2, 2017
If I wanted to waste time reviewing firms for free I'd retire. How about you just let me apply for some sodding jobs rather than go through this nonsense.
Barclays Bank
Senior Sales relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, ILMarch 2, 2017
this was my first job ,campus placement.It was sourcing new accounts both saving and deposits. I worked in different segment like Business accounts,retails accounts.I was assigned to a relationship manager to whom i used to give new accounts for relationship management.

Business Development was priority . Work life balance was hard as office hours there used to be more than 12 hours sometimes ,which was pain.Manager were only bothered about targets only.
Great organisation to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
Following excellent process or methodologies for development of applications. Better place to learn and improve our skills. Good culture
Sr. Business Analyst
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
(trading as Barclays, formerly Barclays Capital or BarCap) is the investment banking division of the British multinational Barclays bank headquartered in London.
Mortgage Sales and Originations
Mortgage Sales and Originations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
It was a great project and team to work with them. The application is a web based application which is used by underwriters of the bank to verify and sanction mortgages for the customers.
Trade Support
Trading Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2017
Workplace culture is good depending on manager. The hardest part of the job is waiting for a promotional position to open up in order to obtain the promotional position.
Great place to work and network
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 26, 2017
I had such a wonderful experience working for The Barclays Center. The staff is amazing and will do what they can to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Professional work environment
Linux/Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAFebruary 25, 2017
Professional work environment with wide variety of Technologies involving Unix Windows and application support environments . Worked in the areas of Linux, Solaris administration . Worked in building Linux servers both of physical and virtual server environments.
Overall, decent place to work
Compliance Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I was not there very long, but was a decent place to work. My Manager was not too friendly, which caused tension, but the environment overall was nice.
Excellent Company
Illustrator and Mapinfo (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
My day consisted of creating new templates in Powerpoint for the Healthcare Department. I worked with a number of bankers in different positions and helped them through designing a presentation suitable for their clients.
What I enjoyed most was the creative aspect of the job, color coordinating and photo and image searches, to get a comprehensive and dynamic look for the presentations.
Review
Fixed Income Risk and Analytics Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Working in an investment bank is more or less the same in any bank you choose to go. Work life balance is dependent on the team that you're in or the project that you're currently working on or how much push is coming from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval