Barco Employee Reviews

positive enviroment, stong leadership
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Encourages team members to participate in problem solving, utilizes the skills of each team member. Acknowledges the needs and concerns of others. Has loyal and committed workers.
Pros
free lunches at times
Barco - fun place to work - no room to advance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Lots of work - way more than your job description. Often enough you are working more than 1 persons job. Management can sometimes be very new and are only concerned about the bottom line, not your advancement, your pay, or sticking up for their employees. Culture is fine, laid back because they know they can make people do what they want and not pay them more. The Hardest part of the job is doing multiple peoples work without the title or pay to go along with it. Not really many enjoyable parts to the job except that you don't always have someone looking over your shoulder micro-managing you.
Masters of inefficencies
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 14, 2017
No two days are the same. If there is a way to make process more complicated than it needs to be Barco will find it.

If you are in sales, you are a golden child and are treated extremely well. If however, you are in an administrative position, expect to work hard and very long hours.

This company is very top heavy - too many managers and little support staff. The only time more people get added to the support staff is if someone quits or leaves.

The benefits are good, but there are very little perks. Even in times of record sales, there are no employee bonuses.Every year the company cuts back more and more. This company does not appreciate its support staff. Do not expect more than 2% raise a year.

Since the internal structure is not well supported there are fires that constantly need to be put out. Problems are not solved - only glossed over or temporarily patched. There is always a major eruption simmering below the surface.

Big Brother Belgium runs the company. The US sites are not as well staffed or supported as the sites in Belgium. They may be cutting edge in technology, but they need to have their internal processes examined and streamlined.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lack of training, Poor management, Long hours
Working at your own pace. Weekly celebration of meeting goals
Accounts Payable Support (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 25, 2017
Data entries large volumes of reports in MS Word and MS EXCEL
Transferred documents to folders
People friendly
Quite workplace
Weekly overview with staff
Pros
Productive required
Cons
Meeting dead lines
Barco
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 6, 2017
If you are not resistant to constant change, Barco is an excellent employer. There is a strong influence from the corporate heqdquarters in Belgium that drives the business.
Pros
Benefits, Competetive Pay, Associates
Cons
Decision making without consultation
Great stable company
Medical Device Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 15, 2017
Very easy and stable sales job with a very well known and respected product within the industry. Zero chance for advancement within the organization. Probably a good place to retire, not to start your job if you're looking for growth/advancement.
Pros
Pay, benefits, job security
Cons
growth/advancement, mundane at times
Awesome place to work
Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 6, 2016
I loved my internship here, awesome people who taught me alot. Even thought i only worked there for 4 months, I would go back to Barco anyday
Nice building, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 15, 2016
Poor management. They hire you to fill a seat. People around me were done with their job by 10am. Most enjoyable part of job was the free coffee and popcorn on Friday's.
Excellent Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Friendly towards employee relations and work life mix. Love working here. Generally a high amount of workload and high expectations to get it completed with not enough resources or people.
Pros
Ping pong table, movie room
Cons
One person handles the job of three
Typical Government contract work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 14, 2016
The work was slow and methodical. The people were the same. It is a fine example of what happens when the Federal Government controls something.
Pros
Climate controlled environment
Cons
All business decisions made in a foreign country.

Want to know more about Barco?

Ask a question
Fast paced production company always working on improving our department.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 4, 2015
I worked in the maintenance department, purchasing both stock items as well as emergency items. Maintained equipment files and tracked man hours for our department. Was challenged with making changes to improve our ISO rating in my area, which we revised to a much easier system to follow and recieved excellent audits. I enjoyed being challenged with tasks that were needed to improve company performance. I had a great manager and worked wtih an excellent staff who were all determined to improve company performance. We took great pride and ownership in our positions.This job was a temporary position.
Pros
Improved knowledge of ISO certification
Cons
Was a temporary position
Great Place
Sr. Acct Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 4, 2015
Everyone was pleasant, management was good Management. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with filing. I enjoyed working with the customers the most.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Filing
Bleeding edge technology for diagnostic imaging, market leader
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 23, 2014
Amazing co-workers, great partners, solid company.
Market leading company, high market share, global presence.
Pros
Home office
Cons
Lots of travel
Great location.
Project Planner (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 22, 2014
The people at this company are the greatest assets. The hardest part of this job includes dealing with international guidelines with regards to shipping.
Best place to work.
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 28, 2014
No micromanagement, good working envelopment but there no room to advance.
Pros
Good pay. Nice people to work with.
Cons
no room to advance
By far the best place I have ever worked
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 22, 2014
Fast paced, very friendly environment. Excellent pay/ benefits. Exceptional management. Absolute pleasure to go to work. Regret leaving.
Barco is a great place to work. The work is challenging, varied, and rewarding.
Director of Training, Americas (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I have a wonderful job that I really like. I get to do what I love to do and am left alone to do it to the best of my ability. I am respected for my knowledge and my capabilities and am often sought out for my ideas and input. The culture if very collaborative and supportive. My co-workers are bright and capable and there is a great sense of camaraderie and teamwork. I have grown in my business acumen and have improved my communication skills. The experience to date at Barco has been valuable, enjoyable, and a pleasure.
Good company to work for.
SITE PROJECT Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 16, 2013
Allowed me to grow and perform duties outside my current experience. Management was very supportive.
Good company
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 8, 2013
Enjoyed working there and the people I met. Too bad Artios Corporation had been sold.