SUMMARY: The International Customer Service Representative is responsible for the order entry, processing and follow up, routine problem resolution of international orders without regular supervision and in a fast paced environment. Increases sales where possible. Uses queries and other tools to accomplish tasks more efficiently. Works cooperatively with all Bard team members to grow customer relationships and sales. Provides data to management as needed. Prepares a variety of export documents and quote forms.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Proactively manages and supports assigned customer accounts by continually
seeking improved methods of service. Communicates with VP of Sales & Marketing
regarding any special situation request, change or problem.
- Provides customer support by providing invoices and written quotations, providing
general product information, pricing, lead times, product information, answering certain
technical questions, and daily email requests and inquiries for existing and potential
customers, distributors and representatives.
- Accurately and efficiently processes customer transactions; orders, proforma form
quotes, returns, customer inquiries, service or product complaint inquiries. Maintains
customer files notes. Maintains customer cross reference file information. Prepares
- Communicates with production scheduler and shipping personnel to ensure order
integrity and on time delivery. Keeps customers advised of delays as required.
- Interface with the Credit and Finance Departments regarding international customer
financial issues and requests, provide them with cash disbursement documentation for
international accounts and work with them to resolve outstanding international credit
- Creates forms and analysis tools to improve service to internal and external
- Works with customers and internal departments to resolve customer specification
- Provides direction and resolution information on service related issues such as
inventory discrepancies, missing or new information found as a result of order review,
or customer request. Reports such information to appropriate groups.
- Processes sample order requests.
- Uses SOP methods for order maintenance to enable accurate tracking for service
- Assists in training new team members.
- Closes and invoices international shipments.
- Continually reviews changing export regulations to ensure compliance.
- Serves as a back-up for verifying and distributing daily, monthly and yearly sales
- Becomes proficient at other CSR territories in order to cover as a back-up.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Associates degree in business, international relations, or related field preferred, plus 2-5 years customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of laws and regulations (US and International) affecting exporting and
coordinating with the various internal departments to ensure customs compliance of
export documentation, NAFTA agreements and general procedures.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word
processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures
- Computer aptitude (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, AS400)
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured,
- Bilingual or working proficiency in a foreign language preferred.
Bard Manufacturing Company offers a competitive salary and benefits structure, including (but not limited to) medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, vacation, 11 paid holidays per year, free YMCA memberships for employees, and tuition reimbursement.