Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Bare Escentuals
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CaSeptember 14, 2016
Bare Escentuals helped develop me into a focused and motivated employee that prides myself on perfection and customer service.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Guam, MOSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day of work usually includes opening the store and performing all opening task including recording numbers from appointments and sales from the previous day, week, and month. Also, I set up the daily outline for the way. After about an hour the first employee comes in and it is my responsibility to inform the employee what is going on for the play (sales plan, personal goal, events, ect.) I have awesome co-workers and all the other management were always on the same page. The most enjoyable part was doing something i was good and passionate about and working with amazing people everyday (customers and clients)
Pros
Great work/life balence
Cons
Shortage of hours
awesome enviorment where you get to work doing what you love
Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJuly 11, 2016
this was a great company to work for. I am glad i had the experience and oppurtunity to work there and learn everyday. Managment always tried to be flexible with our employees and make sure everyones being treated fairly.
great company
Planner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 7, 2016
Great company and talent. Would have stayed but the company is relocating to NYC. Great experience overall.
Great Location at West Farms
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 29, 2016
Wonderful store and employees, i love the brand and the cosmetics for great as well, really fun to experience and get product knowledge
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Benefits and more hours
Awesome place to work
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for Bare. I made some life long friends and created a client basis of my own from working here. I was educated in artistry and was applauded and uplifted the whole way. Scheduling was always precise and management was laid back but straight to the point. Loved working here
Fun place to work
Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 10, 2016
This company was great to work for. It was a mineral make-up store. The idea is to make all our customers to have a girlfriend experience. It was my job to make them feel comfortable and make them knowledgeable about our products.
Pros
Awesome fun work environment
Cons
The crowds were sometime overwhelming
Nice place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2016
Bare Escentuals is a nice place to work and had a great culture. I learned a great deal during my time there. Everyone was a team player and worked together to make new launches succeed.
The Girlfriend Experience
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 19, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company! I always looked forward to going into work because it was such a positive environment and I was always learning something new. The product practically sells itself because everything is simply amazing, so you always have the opportunity to make your sales goals as long as you have product knowledge. I was able to make a lot of friends, coworkers and clients, we were always having a good time!
Pros
You always get a break, it's a positive environment, you always have fun
Cons
Short shifts, not a lot of hours if you aren't management
Bare Escentuals
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2016
Company is relocating and all the jobs are being moved to the East Coast.
There is a good life/work balance and the co-workers are amazing.
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 12, 2016
Loved working for this brand. Makeup is organic and skin friendly. I learned a lot while working for them. Their makeup school is awesome and so are the people. Management was awesome as well. Very humble and helpful.
Pros
Gratis, Management
Cons
Wage
horrible management
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 10, 2016
Was called to come in for an interview. I arrived on time and then the manager left me waiting for over 20 minutes without a word. I ended up leaving, without being interviewed.
The Customer Rocks
Boutique Manager, Times Square and SoHo (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYApril 1, 2016
Client engagement experience is amazing. We offer an experience that should make a positive difference in the lives of women.
Immature cliques
Spa Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2016
It's like the Devil Wears Prada, it isn't about how well you do your job, it's how well you suck up to management. Most people spend their time gossiping instead of working.
Pros
free makeup, cool office
Cons
everything else
with new management and HR teams company would be perfect
Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I loved my job and very minimal supervision
management is very unorganized and does not listen to employees HR only listens to superiors needs new HR team and new management team fresh minds
coworkers were awesome and everyone got along great
Loved it!!
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 15, 2015
I enjoyed my time while I was there. A typical day consists in assisting clients in finding their needs, and also meeting daily sales goals. I learned so many things from undertones to shades. My make-up definitely evolved from here. From birthdays, special occasions , & holidays it makes me so happy to be apart of it. I get to work with these clients and make a difference in their day. It's heart warming when I'm able to share my knowledge with my clients. The hardest part of the job would be the extra pressure when daily goals aren't met. Even when you do your best , your effort and dedication would go unnoticed. Management was awesome, except certain things can be changed around. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was able to help someone and sharing my knowledge with them!! Making her feel special as the women she is!!
Pros
Discounts, Gratis.
Cons
Minimum hours, Lack professionalism, No benefits
Outstanding
Sales/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2015
If you love working short hours in a fast paste environment this will be the place for you. I will really love the atmosphere and the managers are super duper nice and positive. I will recommend this job to anyone.
overall
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2015
I have learned quite a bit being on the team. There are many meetings. Many changes going on in the company and many folks changing as well.
Pros
if you are female you have the perk of make-up if you wear it
Cons
so many meetings
Productive professional workplace with great people and clients
key holder (Former Employee) –  berkeley, caOctober 6, 2015
A typical day at work would include opening and or closing the store, making the schedule for the day, lunches etc, set sales goals, talk with associates about sales goals, build associates and work on problem areas. Greeting clients talking to them about our products, sitting them down, giving them facials, applying make up, teaching them how to, etc.
Pros
amazing co workers and clients.
Cons
no set hours or benefits
Bare Escentuals is the best company I have worked for.
Asistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNOctober 4, 2015
I am so glad I have the opportunity to work for a company that practices work-life balance and has realistic expectations for achieving sales goals. I have learned to be more encouraging in my management style.
The hardest part of the job is getting and keeping a work force that is mature and goal driven. Most positions are PT, therefore, you attract a younger work force that does not have the same ownership in the business as the FT does.
Getting to come to work and open emails from your District Manager and up that is excited about the successes, understands the challenges and is still encouraging and happy for each person out in the Boutiques, Outlets and Retail Partners that helps grow this business.