Essex Bargain Hunt is an asset recovery and multi-channel sales company headquartered in LaVergne, TN, and has been a reverse logistics and liquidation industry leader for over a decade. Bargain Hunt stores currently operate in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Indiana. Our stores offer an exciting, new shopping experience by providing customers great deals on a large selection of closeout surplus and below wholesale overstocks ranging from electronics, apparel, sporting goods, and housewares, to furniture, shoes, toys, tools and much more. We value our employees’ input on how we can become a better company and are always looking for motivated people who are ready to grow with us.
We are looking for a dedicated Assistant Store Manager to join our team as one of the most exciting and fastest growing retail stores in the Southeast. If you have a passion for customer service, a love of merchandising and looking to help lead a store in all day-to-day operations, this is the place for you.
· Assist Store Manager in overall store operation, sales performance and management of store personnel.
· Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and ensure customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved
· Assist Store Manager with interviewing, selection, hiring, training and performance evaluations of all associates.
· Provide a clean, fun and safe environment for employees and customers.
· Maintains financial controls including shrink, payroll and other operating expenses.
· Ensures that the appearance of the store is maintained to company standards including merchandise presentation, signage, stock levels and recovery.
· Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit management candidates.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 1-3 years of retail management experience.
· Possess good communication skills and project positive leadership.
· Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
· Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
· Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
· Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
· Ability to operate store equipment (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, forklifts, etc).
· Ability to process merchandise information through store computer system, POS register and complete all required paperwork.
· Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, including the outside perimeter of the store.
· Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodation. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
· Proven reliability and personal integrity. Application process may include a background check, drug testing, and reference check.
· Competitive base pay.
· Medical, dental and vision insurance.
· Life insurance
· Short term and long term disability
· Direct Deposit
· Holiday pay and PTO
· Employee purchase discount
Pay starting at 35k/yr., DOE.
Interested candidates should submit application and upload resume online at bargainhunt.com/careers