Bargain Hunt Superstores Employee Reviews

I work in the electronics department. Every day was enjoyable getting to help and meeet new people.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 16, 2017
A typical work day would include talking, and helping out the customers with finding the products they were looking to purchase, and organizing, and putting up new items on display.
I learned a lot about technology. I was continuously having to learn about the latest tv, computers, and tablets that were out to be able to properly assist the customers with their questions.
I loved the management the assistant manager, manager, and distract manager. were all hard working respectful individuals that treated their coworkers with respect, and always left room for improvement.
My co-workers were for the most part good people. it became more than just people that I worked with, but built real relationships .
the most enjoyable part was just getting to work in the electronics department. Electronics is a Passion of mine, and the job kept my knowledge, and skills sharp.
Pros
Got to spend most of my work day talking too, and healping the customers with their purchases.
Cons
Their was not many openings for full-time
Great workplace if Needing a job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 8, 2016
Enjoyed working at Bargain Hunt though I required more money and hours so I moved on. Its a great place to work if you need somewhere that can work with your busy schedule and is not overbearing on its employers.
haha
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 5, 2016
Good play to work but u have to really wanna work it not an easy job to do.
You have to have a great memeroy for this job.
There is alot of detail u have to focus on.
Fun, good place to work, a lot of drama
employee (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 26, 2016
It's a pretty fun job to have; fast paced; very customer oriented; but there's a lot of drama. It's a lot like high school.
Upper management "click" gets away with poor mamagement of people
Manager position (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 25, 2016
Politics play a huge part to be promoted. Upper management like DM'S hold back those with more experience and take credit for the ideas of others to grow themselves. Upper Management doesn't back their managers with employee disciplinary actions instead will engage in gossip at the expense of lessening the immediatr managers respect of authority. Management skills are needed for upper managers such as D.M.'s. If you are male and liked and part of the "click" you could go far.
Pros
Love Bargains
Cons
Long hours, no upper management support
Low pay, low compensation
Cashier (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 29, 2015
As per any low pay job, you are expected to stand for a consistent 8 hours a day. This forces both injuries in your feet (such as flat footed pain, and just general swelling, and continuous pain while at work.) I personally worked cashier most of the time, and was not allowed to sit, only to lean on the counter which did not help the foot pain. Along with that you are expected to continuously be busy. The extent goes as far as taking a picture of you standing and not doing anything on a camera, to show you later. The electronics, and expensive items must be watched at all times, but you can't stand behind the counter to be readily available for customer assistance. You must at all times be fixing up aisles (which are either outrageous neat/straight to where no work can really be done, or extremely messy.) On the days where there are 6+ workers, and everyone is straightening everything, it just turns into standing in an aisle until you leave. The payrate starting out is 8.50, but the hours are minimal. You aren't guaranteed any set of hours. If the store doesn't make its sales, you don't get your hours. New hires are first to go when hour cuts go as well, making it hard to justify staying your ninety days. Managers are last to go, they would rather have 3-4 managers on duty rather than 1 manager and 3 workers.
Pros
Management helps when they can
Cons
Short breaks, pay rate and hours are low, high school drama
Fun
assembler and furniture lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2015
Fun and enjoyable place to work, great management. Very productive. Would work there again if chance arose great discount and fun employor
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 9, 2015
Fun work place with semi supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and working along side other employees. Not enough hours are given. There was a lot of different tasks to complete.
Pros
Decent lunch hours
Cons
Not enough hours given out for pay; no benefits
This job was a nightmare!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gadsden AlOctober 21, 2015
Please people, don't waste your time for employment here. The management team is not organized at all. The breaks are terrible & African Americans don't have a chance to excel in no way.
Pros
There isn't any
Very productive and the people I worked with were outstanding
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 10, 2015
I enjoyed being an employee at Essex Bargain Hunt mostly because the management was on top of everything and took care of his employee's. The work environment was very productive and I enjoyed having multiple hands on tasks to prove myself to the company. A typical day would require unloading the truck, stocking the shelves, selling retail, customer support, and cleaning of the store. I enjoyed working with others and using my customer support skills to be the best salesman the store had to offer. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with unpleasant customer's, but I managed to control every situation calmly and as professional as possible.
Pros
Working will other's, excellent management, safe place to work.
Cons
Not making the sales quota, negative energy from co-worker's.
A decent place to work.
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 25, 2015
I worked in the electronics department, so it was a pretty nice place to be. Management was pretty good when I first started working there, however there was a bit of downsizing going on and I was let go.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible Company
Warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 5, 2014
Only worried about making money and not the employees. Work hard and never get the such deserved money to go with what I was doing, I was doing management stuff but paid less then intended.
Pros
Cons
everything a employee doesn't wanna work for
Reverse Logistics Retail
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 4, 2014
Load/Unload truck.
Stock merchandise
Customer service
Prepare return truck
Very dishonest and most unorganized company ever seen
Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 3, 2014
The information that the corporate and head officers in the company say and give directions to is very disorganized, no integrity, and fire people at will with no legitimate reason given. Even when you are running the store at a high level and every customer says the store looks the best, yet it's never good enough for certain people. If you are not in with the "in crowd" you might as well leave or you will be forced to. Nobody ever returns a call or communicates anything, you might as well be talking to a wall. If you are at all communicative they don't like you and expect the store to continue to look trashy all the time. If you are about people and great culture, don't waste your time. as other people said, run, they don't care about you!
Pros
None at all
Cons
No integrity
horrid experience
general manager (Former Employee) –  the southAugust 19, 2014
They know ZERO about running a retail operation or how to treat people. There answer to every issue is to fire people vs developing or coaching them. This place promises you the world then changes policies on a daily basis. They will screw you out of bonus by changing policies and they can't grasp that they are selling returns aka junk and most people don't have time to constantly return stuff. As someone else here posted. Run for the hills, it's a trap and a joke. Even had a dm state "I don't know if this place will make it". Horrible.
Pros
hours of operation
Cons
everything else
Unprofessional, Lacking Organization, Belittling.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  richmond, kyAugust 5, 2014
This company came into Richmond with a bang, lots of hopes and promises were alluded to all who were sucked into the company's supposed charm. Upon working there employees began dropping like flies. There were far too many individuals in upper management attempting to be in charge, so lack of communication, honesty and trust prevailed. As time went on, the worse the experience became. There is NO organization. They pull their employees into far too many directions at the same time, spreading them thin for days and then complain when morale begins descending. Not enough people to handle the task at hand. Those who worked extremely hard didn't get the credit they deserved, while others were placed on a pedestal for nothing. This place has a lot of potential, but going at the pace that they are, it's sure to run itself into the ground. The turnover rate shouldn't be so high for such a new business.
Pros
More than minimum wage.
Cons
upper management, not enough people, not enough appreciation
Growing company, ok job, very unorganized, management ok.
Part time sales (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 29, 2014
This is a growing company but it is very unorganized. Management here is not the best but it could be better. This job is very laid back but can be stressful at times. Even being part time I wish part time workers can get more hours even with it being a small company with very little employees.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Short Breaks, low pay, not enough hours, no pay raises
Exciting & Interesting
Customer Service/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work included interacting with customers, making sales, dealing with money regarding the cash registers, and organizing apparel. While working at Bargain Hunt I learned how to better deal with individuals in society. I also learned that there are so many different people with different personalities and meeting them all in a days work can be challenging, but I am equipped to be kind to people while doing my job correctly all at once. Management is amazing at Bargain Hunt. They do their best to make everyone feel comfortable in their position. As management says "Teamwork makes the dream work. While being at Bargain for eight months, I connected with all of my co-workers in a positive and professional manner. The hardest part of my job is making sure that my team has everything management put as a requirement done in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of my job is to make sure every customer who comes through the workplace enters and leaves impressed.
Pros
Management/Employee group pep talks before opening hours.
Run for the hills!!!!
current employee (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, tnMay 16, 2014
Horrible!! Upper management only cares about their perks. Most all positions are part time and not enough hours to survive on!! They say sales are down so they have to cut everyone's hours, then they keep hiring people and giving them 8-9 hours a week! Rules only apply to certain employees. Miserable, most items are defective or used. Pay for anyone other than upper management (who do nothing) sucks!!! If you apply and get hired, prepare to work like a grunt for minimum wage and very few hours a week.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
name it
Train wreck superstores
Management (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 30, 2014
Expected to sell junk other buyers have returned. Some of the products are good but 3/4 of it is broken, used, or a defective second. You can't have any pride in working around such a literal blind faith roulette wheel if quality merchandice. Upper management is a joke, rich guys with no people or leadership skills. The Senior Staff Frat of overly self compensated task masters. Policies change like the weather and they choose who they enforce the policies with. All reactive never ever proactive. A dart without feathers!
Pros
Learn how not to run a company
Cons
Being desperate enough to work for them