Barlow Respiratory Hospital

Barlow Respiratory Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun
Office Manager - Admitting and Case Management (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work as an Office Manager is to go in every morning and make a difference in everyone's lives. Through out my day I come across with many patient (patient's families), case managers, fellow co workers problems. To the best of my knowledge and experience is to stay calm and professional to solve any issues and concerns even if I need – more... to take the extra mile.

Every day is a challenge and I take my challenges into lessons. Learning on a daily basis is a positive thing, the more you learn the more you know. Being open to new challenges will lead you on a longer run.

Team work is a key in any work environment. The structure of building a team is learning everyone's personality and the structure of how and why they work in a specific way. Challenges in team work are faced on a daily basis however, if the team is able to lean a hand to one another the environment will be easy to work with.

I enjoy working with the team, fellow co workers, Directors, Vise President, CFO, Nursing Supervisor, and others from different departments. Everyday I look forward in going to work just knowing the fact that I can make a difference providing my services not to mention the effort and time. In my job and position there isn't anything that I can not challenge, I enjoy solving any issues and or concerns. Problem solving is a key of understanding and providing accurate services. – less
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), VolunteerFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: did not stay longer
While only a volunteer I was blessed to be received by all staff. The campus is full of history and the staff has a heart to give the best care to the whole family.
Ecellent facility
Director, Respiratory Care Services (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: great opportunity to manage independently and initiate new programs.
Cons: salary
I learned to manage a large staff in a union environment. Initiated an education program providing fifty three free ceu's annually. Purchased large amounts of capital equipment (25 ventilators, ekg machines, a new PFT lab, a new ABG lab, and put the first hospital within a hospital in the country.

I negotiated all contracts for respiratory and nursing – more... staff registry personnel, dialysis service. Did yearly budgets and redid the charge master. Changes I made took the hospital from the rd to the black my first year there. – less
Barlow
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2013
Love this hospital. Beautiful place to work at.
Ability to learn and practice your skills is very common at this faculty.
Doctors are always available and work closely with staff.
Productive Hard working facility
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2013
One of my favorite clinical sites to learn, with people who take time to teach us the specialized weaning protocols
Fast paced work environment with very knowledgeable staff focused on the medical goals as they relate to the different specialties
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: i appreciate being set up remotely via computer, at home, so that i can keep up with my caseload and keep track of what's going on with my patients.
Cons: i rarely take breaks due to the work load.
Management teams support each deparment for strong team cohesiveness in order to facilitate the needs of each patient. I enjoy a fast paced environment and interaction with the different disciplines I collaborate with. I'm always learning something new about different medical treatment plans each day.The hardest part is driving to and from work 1 1/4 – more... hrs - 1 1/2 hrs to work M-F. I really need a position closer to home. What I enjoy the most is that I'm still working in a hospital environment and the comradorary I have with my staff. – less
good site
LVN (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2012
Pros: benefits, salary
This place is a great place to work, the only thing the let go all lvn to become an RN only hospital
Great place to intern for respiratory therapy.
Student (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2012
I was here one day a week for my last internship finishing up my respiratory therapy course. No complaints, nice place, easy to find.
Excellent staff
Observation, Pain Clinic, OB GYN, and Diagnostics (Former Employee), Los Angeles,CASeptember 8, 2012
I was a great problem solver working here. I also loved my schedule.
Excellent Hospital
Medical Social Worker-per diem (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2012
Pros: small hospital, trainings, and team oriented
Cons: old facility.
For a student, this is an amazing learning facility. Great leaders with many opportunities to grow.

Barlow Respiratory Hospital Photos