Barnes-Jewish Hospital

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Employee Reviews

Typical night shift
RN/BSN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2017
A typical night at work includes many different patient medical cases. Three to seven patients per nurse. Very busy and always on a go...team work and hard work.
Pros
Comradery with coworkers
Cons
Understaffing
A good start
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2017
Its a good job but its hard to live off of $10 an hour. Certain leads are very snobby and like to use their authority to their advantage but the main supervisors are very good people.
Pros
easy job once if you dont mind walking 10-15 miles a day
Cons
bad management
Er
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2017
Great place to learn. The ED is fast paced that allows exposure to a variety of patient conditions and acuities. Staffing was short and patient census always high, but good teamwork ensured patient flow through the department.
Enjoy my work culture
Special Float Pool RN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2017
I have worked for BJC for almost 7 years. I enjoy the atmosphere and the dedication by each department. Leadership offers many workshops, continuing education, and allows their staff's voices to be heard.
Positive place were good care is provided
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2017
A great place to work. Great care is given every day around the clock. Positive energy is always the key when working around different people. If your patient is happy than you know you are doing a great job
Nice place to work. Coworkers very friendly
TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2017
great place to work. really nice environment. short distance from highway and main streets. hardest part of the job is literally the job. the act of pushing and hauling massive amounts of equipment back and forth across campus.
Pros
campus shuttles
Cons
carpet everywhere
Love working and meeting new patents and experiencing their journey.
Patent Access Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2017
Typical day starts off with the calling of the patient name. Jumping to the front of the line to registrar patient. Each patient gets individual assistance due to hospital rules. I learn something new from each patient each day whether its learning about their lives or hearing a short story about their cat. The workplace culture is a very healthy diverse group, love it. The hardest part of my job is the sense the fear in a patient that is all alone for their stay in the hospital or a procedure that needs to take place. My most enjoyable part of this job is when a patient returns better than they came in. To see what medical science is doing is wonderful.
Pros
1/2 price soft drinks after 3:00pm
Cons
30 min lunch go's really quick
Focused Work Environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2017
Very focused and driven group that makes the patient the priority for all they do - from the doctors and nurses to the individuals making sure the hospital is run efficiently.
Unprofessional
Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2017
I'm physically disgusted at the disorganization, lack of team work, lack of cooperation, respect, and lack of communication. No employee should feel unheard and unrecognized by the company they work for.
Good place
Student Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2017
Great place to work, especially in school. They are very flexible with you. If you do a good job they'll hire you as a nurse after school.
Awesome place to work and gain experience
Trauma Unit Secretary-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2017
Long shifts but we have the ability to assist people when they are at their worst. Management is extremely flexible with scheduling and advancement is extremely possible.
Decent job work close with patients
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2017
My job is providing patients with nutritious meals, I would take orders, deliver trays, stock their pantry and make sure patients who eat through a tube had their meals
Barnes Jewish Hospital is a great place to work
Housekeeping Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2017
Dispatching calls, typing work orders and requests, monitoring the housekeepers. I most enjoyed the people in the job. They were very friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up the the phone calls, the orders from management and monitoring the housekeeper all at once. What I've learned was good hospitality, the importance of the patients and people of the hospital, and just the meaning of what the purpose and goal is for the people.
Pros
45 mins lunch, benefits, pay
Cons
working on weekends and holidays
Teaching and learning hospital
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2017
The MRI position I worked here was very educational. I learned a lot! The technologist here work hard! The patient's are very sick with cancer or are very old. I have worked several other jobs as an MRI technologist and of all my jobs, these techs were underpaid. I worked evenings so I was compensated more for that. They work extremely hard. The radiologist ask for several different protocols depending on patient's care. They do advanced MRI scanning, including cardiac imaging and MRE's and MRU's. I enjoyed my work here but it was very physical and demanding. It was not a fun job but very educational.
Pros
all the technologist helped each other, worked as a team
Cons
worked with very contagious patients and a lot of heavy lifting
read
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2017
the management team could be better there.. otherwise i like what i was doing and that was caring for others....

i enjoy talking with my patients and serving them there hot meals each and every work day... they made my day when i had bad days..

my coworkers where awesome....

being able to see my patients enjoy there meal and to talk and comfort them while they where there...
Pros
I'm good at working a fast paste job, socializing skills are great, computer skills are a bit rusty but i can catch on
Cons
i don't like unfairness in work areas..
Great teaching hospital
Special Float pool RN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2017
I have worked at BJH in STl for a total of 3+ years. I started in the ED as a new graduate RN. It is a level 1 trauma center, so there is a lot to learn ! There is NEVER a dull moments.
Pros
Good easy going manages and charge nurses. I have learned a lot by working here.
Cons
The patient population can wear one down, plus if you work days you have to park in a lot, and take a shuttle to work.
Good Job
Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2017
I am currently PRN, but my supervisor tries to give me as many hours as she can and they work well with my school schedule. It is a great environment to work in. The officers tend to work well with each other, minimum drama and confusion in such a stressful environment.
I Loved working at BJC
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2017
BJC is a very great environment to work. I love working with the employees that worked there I got along with everyone. Came to work everyday doin what I was suppose to do.
Can potentially be a fun place to work
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2017
The pay isn't the greatest. Acknowledged as a nationally known magnet and teaching hospital, which looks great on your resume.
Fun and busy organization to work for.
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2017
Very professional organization to work for. I worked here for fifteen long years. I enjoyed every aspect of my job. Team work is the key to success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Reviews by Location