Barnes-Jewish Hospital

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Employer Reviews

great place to work
staff nurse (Current Employee), St.Louis, MoMarch 24, 2015
Pros: lots of learning opportunities. and Nurses carry clout
great place to work.. Parking is not very fun!
Various nursing expertise
Pay for you to go to school
Lots of learning opportunities
Educational, fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2015
Pros: opportunity for overtime and education
Cons: high stress and unfriendly
A typical shift is very busy, usually very little time to eat or sit down. Lack of staffing and overall burn out of the profession is fairly prominent. High points consist of educational advancement with a lot of trauma experience as well as research with multi-system health issues and equipment. The overal morale is quite low. The scheduling is not easily done nor consistent. The computerized charting is tedious and repetitive, and there is a lack of nursing support when involved in confrontations with patients and or their families.
What you learned
Cook (Current Employee), 12634 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63141March 10, 2015
What I learned at Barnes Jewish West County is Iearned how to cook a lot of different foods also I learned how to work on the cash register and make sales.
Good learning place and stepping stone to career path
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2015
Working for Barnes Jewish Hospital in the Patient Access and Financial Services department has taught me to grow as both an individual and professional. Within a short year I was promoted to a new position and helped start the growth of a new department, one of which I was able to head up the training of new employees and teach them the skills required to complete the task of obtaining authorizations for the Radiology department. Training, work ethic, planning and organization are all roles and qualities I find important in myself and hope to grow more in all aspects of the work world.
Professional Skills Benefitial for New Employers
Director Spiritual Care Services (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2015
Pros: excellent people manager and cultural divesity champion
Cons: prefer to relate to opportunities for growth such as leveraging capital
Skills that have made me successful are accountablity, responsible leader and excellent steward of resources I manage. I am also very successful with managing cultural change. I am a member of the senior leadership team and manage 30 professional FTEs as well as 75 volunteers. The most challenging part of the job has been manuevering through silos toward mutual success related to working an an academic medical center. What I enjoy most is coaching my staff to succeed and shine among their peers.
Productive work place
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2015
My typical worker day is clock in, get my assignment and get to work. I have learn how to work as a team more and care more for people knowing that I do care but I learn how to care more about a person and that i have the ability to make a person feel better because they know their is someone in the world that cares about how they feel. Working at Barnes, we like a family we care about each other and we always have each other backs that's in need.
Co-workers truly care about each other.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: under staffed.
BJH is a tough place to work. Challenges are often given with a short time frame to complete. Management does not want to hear that you can't complete it only that it will be complete.
Excellent facility
Social Worker (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Barnes. I developed great friendships and learned so much from all of the staff I had the privilege of meeting.
Productive and very busy
PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: celebration for staff at christmas
Cons: breaks not long enough
Very busy
Learned everything is required and more
Management very experience and a Degree
Co workers work as a team
The hardest part of the job is telephone calls
The patients is the enjoyable part of the job
teamwork
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), saint louis moJanuary 26, 2015
i am always a great employee/worker. I pick up the slack for anybody and help when I am needed. I do my work and go above and beyond to get things accomplished and more efficient for the company. I take pride in my work, so I am a perfectionist.
Highly motivated team atmosphere.
Clinical Nurse Manager of Surgical Services (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Learned lean management process from senior leadership at this institution.
Fast Paced
Talent Acquisition Specialist - Contract (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Very face paced environment. Co-workers are great. Location is not ideal for me. I like to be able to learn a new industry. I always and able to stay busy and I enjoy that. It is a contract and I want full time employment. I am not sure what else to write. I still work there and don't want to give too much information.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital
patient care (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 27, 2014
I am a 52 year old woman who love people,patient care is a very big part of my life,Barnes is a good place to work,you will gain the
experience and know how.you can get earned time off.patient
satisfaction scores are a good thing we ger rewarded if scores are up,we often get treated to lunch.
Great company to work for.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: i became emotionally involved withe the familes i cared for.
Typical work day involved caring for patients on a cardiac step down unit and assisted the RN on duty with task.
Hospital neurology and stroke unit
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2014
Pros: allows constant growth with computer software
Cons: little or no breaks, pay grade is low for secretary
A typical day at work for me is strenuous. Between answering phones, answering patient call lights, assisting customers at the desk and helping doctors with paperwork my day is filled with work. Admit and discharge patients while making sure their charts are in order. I am responsible for ordering supplies for multiple departments I also help the social worker, case manager, physical and occupational therapy as well as dietary. There are patient charts that have to be maintained by me or else paperwork would end up in incorrect places. Although I love what I do there is no shut off period. At some point employees need to disconnect and regroup so we can come back reenergized. I am just looking for a similar job but with less of a workload or more benefits and money.
Exciting, a lot of patient interaction
Pharmacy Student (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2014
I enjoyed working here. The cases were at times interesting and I was involved in a lot of patient interaction.
Fun place and diverse
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), St. Louis MissouriNovember 27, 2014
Pros: number of employees
Cons: random rules being made and discontinued less than a month later.
Very large campus that has many diverse people and advancement opportunities.
Great experience
Occupational Therapy Assistant Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2014
It was a very challenging environment and I learned so much in a short period of time. Treated many different types of diagnosis.
Top-ranked teaching hospital facing loss of Medicaid income
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2014
Pros: fair wages, 12-hour shifts.
Cons: minimal pay raises. cafeteria food is expensive and low quality.
Unfortunately, for all the Missouri hospitals, the increased Medicaid payments under the Affordable Health Care Act don't apply
(state legislature declined to accept the terms of the act). Uninsured people in Missouri can sign up for "Obama Care", but they don't receive nearly as much benefit as the other states where it is active.
Because of the substantial loss in patient revenue most Missouri hospitals, especially those serving the non-insured and Medicaid patients, are having to dramatically cut costs. Along with the cost cuts has come a drop in quality due to lack of manpower. Personally,
I would suggest working in another state where the financial status
of the hospitals is more stable.
Busy, but enjoying
Clinical neurophysioologist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2014
My current job is really busy with less weekend. we have to work every other weekends without pay. Short of staff never can be resolved. i covered entire unit reviewing work for almost 6 month last year without fellow. i have to write all the reports and review nearly all 24 hour LTM-EEG and EcoG (maximum 12 patients in EMU per day) and update all EEG for ICU patients twice per day. Preparing presentation for epilepsy conference every week. I really like epilepsy and neurophysiology, and enjoy my work everyday, especially enjoy doing conference. I will feel happy whenever i did help for patients and clinical teams, as well as whenever i fixed the errors.

1 2 3 4 5

About Barnes-Jewish Hospital

Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the largest hospital in Missouri and the largest private employer in the St. Louis region. Barnes-Jewish – Read more

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Photos