Barnes-Jewish Hospital

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Employer Reviews

Loved BJH
Medical Surgical RN (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2014
I absolutely love BJH. Everyone is so helpful and willing to teach. Most enjoyable part of the job is the patients getting better and just being in the company of my coworkers. Amazing place to work.
Provides excellent patient care.
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2014
Pros: we make sure that all staff get breaks and lunches on a daily basis
Cons: it is extremely difficult to get equipment replaced or to obtain newer updated equipment.
A typical day in this same-day surgery starts at 0545. I open the department and get the morning rolling. Cases start at 0730 and many are fast paced with several turn overs. Then there are some cases that are all day cases. Staffing is very challenging since we staff to volume. One day we may have 30 cases and the next day 50 cases. Since we've downsized – more... our staff we are able to staff down but it is extremely challenging to staff up. I've learned that motivating this particular staff comes from fulfilling their jobs needs not giving them incentives such as money or gifts. Presently I have an awesome manager who is very caring about staff and patients. She is very good at using the expertise around her and uses our input. It is the higher administration that is removed from the day to day operations that are more difficult since they are very tied into the numbers and finances. The hardest part of this job is remaining positive and upbeat when those around me are negative. The most enjoyable part of this job is receiving letters or phone calls from our patients telling us about the excellent care they received from us during their stay. – less
Nice place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2014
Pros: job security, well known company
Cons: work can be a bit repetitive, slow days
In my department, the work isn't too difficult, and it's a decent work load. It can be a bit dull if you enjoy being a more active of physical person, or enjoy more creative challenges, but overall there's a decent level of job security and most of the employees are nice.
Great place to work and grow from.
Unit Secetary (Current Employee), Swansea, ILJuly 31, 2014
• Make sure that the family and patient are both satisfied with the service they are receiving
• Help the patient with daily activities
• Follow any instructions giving by the nurse
• Greet patients and ask them to fill out the necessary forms
• Organize and file medical information and operate office machines such as faxes and copiers.
• Type their – more... reports and produce their presentations
• Perform much of the work with computer hardware and software – less
Great Place To Work
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2014
Love the patients and helping out everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patient get cure from cancer, and being able to go home.
Great people no money
Supply Distribution Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great people great work/life balance
Cons: no money/ no career advancement
Job has great people and you almost cant get fired so your job is secure, but there is no real advancement and no money. and i mean no one makes any real money all even management or paid under the minimum.
Fun, friendly people all around.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2014
Exciting place to work for. The work environment and conditions are great.
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Guest Relations Advocate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2014
I worked here when I was in college. After graduating it was very hard to advance.
Okay place to work if you are a nurse and you need experience not good for administrative staff
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2014
Pros: eto, decent medical benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons: overworked, underpaid, not appreciated
If you are administrative such as a secretary or file clerk there are very few possibilities for advancement. The benefits are pretty good. You accumulate earned time off which accumulates by hours worked so you can take days off with permission. As a unit secretary, the nurses expect a lot from you because they are usually short staffed so you find – more... yourself doing things that the patient care techs are supposed to do. I often felt taken advantage off and unappreciated for the work I contributed to. Unit Secretaries start out around $10 an hour if you haven't had any prior hospital experience. How hard you work depends on the unit you work on. – less
great co-workers, diverse patients, variety of skills used
Staff RN (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2014
Pros: floor below my son who had leukemia, good people to work with
Cons: many complained about manager, unheathy emvironment
Great place to work, cared for various surgeries, mainly ENT, but others such as certain out pt surgeries which pt didn't feel well enough to go home, some bariatric surgeries, lap surgeries.
Floor manager not so good, unorganized, later was fired.
Watch Out
Centralized Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2014
The people are cool, but management is horrible. You will always have a job and overtime because they are open 24/7.
Amazing Work Environment At Barnes Jewish Hospital
STAFF NURSE/CHARGE NURSE, BJC (Former Employee), St. LouisJune 2, 2014
Pros: bonus shifts
Cons: short breaks, long drive
Barnes Jewish Hospital was an amazing employer. I worked with a hard working individuals that all functioned well as a team. The hardest part of the job was the intensity and the acuity of the patients. The most enjoyable part was the learning experience. I literally learned something new every day.
great place to work
MRI Technologist Lead (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2014
it was nice to be able to cross train into MRI from CT. nice steady pace of work. great manager
Excellent place to work as a new RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2014
Primary care nursing on an oncology floor. There was a wonderful group of RNs that I worked with that provided a team-like atmosphere.
Team work environment
Interim Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2014
Being able to assist with patients and staff is the most enjoyable part of my role. Teaching new staff to become the leaders of the future is truly fulfilling.
discounted food
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: not enough money
Very busy
Time went by fast
Cool People
Great lunch rush
Nice people
Close Knit Team Environment
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOMay 20, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: hospital budget cuts
Barnes Hospital is a great place to work. We operated in a "Team" environment and supported each other in our work loads. We had days where we were so busy that we hardly had time for a break much less a meal. But by the end of our shift we had a great feeling of pride that we provided the best care for our patients. The hospital would have employee – more... days when there were cookouts for us or ice cream socials and would try to ensure that all the staff were able to attend. The management team would help to cover our patients so that we could enjoy some down time and just unwind for a few minutes. The hospital was very active in the community and I learned the joy of giving back and the pride of a job well done. – less
Provided professional nursing will building knowledge and skills to be a nurse
Student Nurse/Secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2014
Pros: gained experience knowledge
Cons: work shedule was difficult to manage with clinicals
A typical work day consisted of assisting patients with ADL's, assessing input and output on various drainage systems, assessing and obtaining vital signs and EKGs, obtaining lab specimens and assisting RNs as needed.
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2014
Pros: also acknowledged the nuring staff.
Cons: healthcare short breaks
Very forward moving healthcare, Fun place to work. The part of job the hardest was having 6 patients with high acuity, Mangers were very flexible.
Working in OR
Patient Care Technician, Operating Room (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 6, 2014
I really enjoyed watching and learning about all the different surgeries that were being preformed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Barnes-Jewish Hospital

Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the largest hospital in Missouri and the largest private employer in the St. Louis region. Barnes-Jewish – Read more

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Photos