Barnes-Jewish Hospital

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Employee Reviews

EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION
Lab Technologist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2015
Pros: Learning environment, respectful supervisors, farmers market on site with local goods once a week, on metro line
Cons: parking, size of campus, cafeteria food :-(
I cannot ever say enough of the positive environment of this organization. Barnes-Jewish is a teaching hospital, affiliated with Washington University. They encourage education at all levels and employees are shown the utmost respect with regard to their job expertise. It is truly a collaborative environment and some of the best people you will ever work with. Rarely did I ever encounter a superior doctor or supervisor. Everyone was willing to teach and learn from one another. Teamwork in the laboratory was something practiced every day. A wonderful place to work and learn and thrive.
Overall hospital great- Leadership Management needs work
Supervisor (Current Employee), HealthcareJune 10, 2015
Pros: Teaching hospital, stimulating environment, core values good, see a variety of conditions
Cons: Don't live the core values consistently or by example
Plenty of training and education instilled into leadership, but they do not practice what they preach. Supervisors and staff are led by Management more concerned with appearance than follow through. Use work arounds to stay legal while making uncaring moves for their employees.
Barnes Hospital is a good place to work and learn
Patience Care Tech/ CNA (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2015
My typical work day was fun and we all work as a team. The best part of my job was seeing a smile on my patients face. Barnes Hospital is a teaching hospital and I love working.
Great Work Environment
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2015
Pros: people are great, small size, good pay
Cons: no room for advancement or better shift
The people are really great to work with, very much a family atmosphere. We always have fun together while still doing an excellent job. There isn't much room for better shifts or advancement due to the small size.
Productive and busy place to work
Student Nurse Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2015
Very busy place to work! Great place to see the latest in healthcare!
I did enjoy working for this company and recommend it to other professionals.
productive, fun workplace, great environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2015
Pros: Lots of incentives, overtime, great benefits
Cons: sometimes bad management
I really enjoyed working in the diverse environment, meeting all kinds of different people, the excellent benefits, and being apart of such large, well known corporation. Of all jobs i've had, I would definitely go back if l could.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2015
Barnes is a great place to work, they have great benefits, they staffing is great. if you sick on the job they will take you straight back to the er rooms. you would love to work here, you will not be disappointed.
Fun work Place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2015
Pros: knowlege from others
Cons: none
What can I say; it's a hospital. I worked in the ER department. A very large verity of culture. Loved it. I got the chance to learn different trades from the RN's Physical Therapy, also the Respiratory department. Everyone worked as a team to take care of patient care.
great company to work for
Senior Patient Acess Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2015
Pros: Patient are great to work with
Cons: no advancement with in department
Very diverse compnay to work for. Very busy work flow on a daily basis. Co-worker are great to work with. Learned a lot from the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with tha patients
The culture has changed recently and is no longer patient focused.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Stress, work load, pay, flexibility, employees unhappy
The people are great but recent changes in benefits and compensation has lead to an overall negative employee attitude. These changes came from the corporate office.
Great people and environment to work in
Project SEARCH Intern (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOApril 13, 2015
Environmental Services Intern (2nd Rotation)
•Clean and maintain cleanliness of all main floor hospital bathrooms
•Clean and vacuum all main entrance doors to the hospital
•Dust picture frames, signs, and window ledges on the main floor
•Sanitize all main floor hand railings
Medical Staff Services Intern (1st Rotation)
•Scan papers into computer
•Download files into database
•Check database for accuracy
It really was not a very fun place, there was a big divide between management and employees.
Transplant Billing Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2015
There are a lot of management turnovers, and depending on the management depends on the environment of the office. I was constantly trained and updated on the laws and systems within the medical billing field.
very busy hospital
Core charge/ floor RN neuro Med/surg floor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great hospital, top 10 in country
Cons: short staffed most shifts
get report on at least 6 patients, pass meds, do assessments, take admissions.
Short staffed all the time made it hard to ever have a rapport with any patients.
Great RN's to work with, wonderful teamwork
Great relationship with co-workers
Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MoApril 2, 2015
Pros: discount on metro pass
Starts early. Several job duties. Working with patients was enjoyable. Days not hard. Days very busy. Co-workers worked well as a team.
It's an ok company to work for...
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 31, 2015
Not sure if I would recommend the company to anyone...Its an ok company to work for... Don't have anything else to say about it... Although I'm blessed to be working.
Productivity
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Pay Rate, Compensation, and organization thoughtfulness
Cons: distance
working for Barnes Jewish Hospital was an adventure and a great learning experience.I love being at work because everyone was genuine with a positive attitude.
great place to work
staff nurse (Current Employee), St.Louis, MoMarch 24, 2015
Pros: lots of learning opportunities. and Nurses carry clout
great place to work.. Parking is not very fun!
Various nursing expertise
Pay for you to go to school
Lots of learning opportunities
Educational, fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2015
Pros: opportunity for overtime and education
Cons: high stress and unfriendly
A typical shift is very busy, usually very little time to eat or sit down. Lack of staffing and overall burn out of the profession is fairly prominent. High points consist of educational advancement with a lot of trauma experience as well as research with multi-system health issues and equipment. The overal morale is quite low. The scheduling is not easily done nor consistent. The computerized charting is tedious and repetitive, and there is a lack of nursing support when involved in confrontations with patients and or their families.
What you learned
Cook (Current Employee), 12634 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63141March 10, 2015
What I learned at Barnes Jewish West County is Iearned how to cook a lot of different foods also I learned how to work on the cash register and make sales.
Good learning place and stepping stone to career path
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2015
Working for Barnes Jewish Hospital in the Patient Access and Financial Services department has taught me to grow as both an individual and professional. Within a short year I was promoted to a new position and helped start the growth of a new department, one of which I was able to head up the training of new employees and teach them the skills required to complete the task of obtaining authorizations for the Radiology department. Training, work ethic, planning and organization are all roles and qualities I find important in myself and hope to grow more in all aspects of the work world.

1 2 3 4 5

About Barnes-Jewish Hospital

Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the largest hospital in Missouri and the largest private employer in the St. Louis region. Barnes-Jewish – Read more

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Salaries