Barnes-Jewish Hospital Employee Reviews

Bjc
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 6, 2017
A great company to work for. You learn something new everyday. The management is cut-thoat they don't play. The paitents are the most enjoyable and the the hardest part of this job. But only if you are a people person
Pros
New People everyday
Cons
People die
ok
Staff Medical Imaging Technologist - CT Department (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 26, 2017
worked at BJC years ago under a great Mgr. I do not have much more to say since it was many years ago. Great learning experience
Now its grown so much that its easy to get lost in the crowd.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Lack of team work
Nice company!
Talent Acquisition Coordinator/Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 24, 2017
Great company. You have to wait for jobs to become available in HR. Not much room for growth in that field. I don't want to add more information. I don't think that it's fair to have to rate my current employer to be able to find another job through Indeed.
Fast-paced Environment
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 24, 2017
I managed 120 employees on two different shifts performing numerous cleaning tasks in several buildings, including office areas, public areas, laboratory areas, operating rooms and discharge cleaning. We also did floor projects continuously to enhance the appearance of the facility. This was one of the most career-fulfilling experiences of my career.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Not open to new ideas regarding cleaning procedures
Fun and growth experience
Dental Lab Assistant and Runner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2017
I started off has a Lab Carrier and the longer i was at that job i start learning a lot more had to put code in the computer. I made sure i learn how to put the patient in the computer and make sure i say they name back to make sure thats the right person.
the outside
transportor (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 16, 2017
I learned how enjoy what I was doing and I learned something new everyday .and the people treated me with respect as well as the patients,i loved it a lot.
Pros
it was fun
Cons
there wasnt any
good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2017
Barnes Jewish Hospital is a very large hospital and a good place to work. Much opertunity and room for advancement. a good place to advance your skills and knowledge base.
Pros
large fascility
Cons
large fascility
great technology
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 3, 2017
good place to work
medical mecca
newest technology
lots of connections
fast paced and exciting for science oriented people
so many different specialties, see something new everyday
one of the top 10 hospitals in US
Pros
bonuses
Cons
hard to have work/life balance
good place to work
Student Nurse Technician/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2017
Lots of experience gained here. There were some management issues at the time but I have been told it is better now. Definitely a great place to work to get lots of experience.
BJC Review
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2017
You are pretty autonomous at BJC. You really feel like peers with the people you work with, as well as bosses. Benefits are worth it alone. Many women work in Marketing, so they are good about maternity leave.
Benefits
Cons
Some people are slow to complete projects
Large Hospital, small feeling community
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2017
Barnes has so many opportunities and was an enjoyable place of employment. The campus is initially overwhelming but after time seems like a small hospital environment
Stressful
Distribution Operations Coordinator, Logistics (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2017
Leadership was not great but you are expected top perform at your best. There was not enough resources allocated to the workload or daily challenges in the departments.
It's a job
Records Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2017
Most management never had time to answer questions or emails. Which is sad and this is why as being part of management I always took the time for not just patients by my staff as well. Management has a way of looking down on others that they may feel do not exude their education level or something as childish as what zip code you live in.
Pros
Lots of research for the patients and offers financial assistance
Cons
Never listen to the people that handle the day to day workflow
Registered Nurse
Registered Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2017
Competitive Learning environment, teaching hospital with new information implemented frequently. Competitive pay, endless room for movement and advancement.
job
Secretary in the Centralized Telemetry Department (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
this job was ok...i just didn't like the working environment, hours or pay. it was not a job for me so i found something else that was more of what i was looking for.
The working conditioin were very good with good benefits.
Lead Technician Educator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 18, 2017
A typical day was ongoing providing services, to patients, families, and co-worker who all worked as a team, The culture were great with a caring team approach, with trying to meet the hardest part of the job; getting the work done when understaffed.,
Great place to work!
Performance Improvement Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 18, 2017
THE best manager, awesome co-workers, great pay, and a beautiful campus. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I would highly recommend this employer. Glad to be a part of my team.
Liver Transplant
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 18, 2017
I was an administrative assistant for the liver transplant department. You had the employees that were against one another. I have nothing positive to say.
Leading hospital in area
ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2017
Barnes is a fast-paced, education focused environment. I have learned so much as an RN. There are opportunities to switch between floors. As a teaching hospital, you will always be learning and teaching something to others.
Pros
Teaching hospital
Cons
Small pay raises
Low pay, too political
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2017
Terrible pay and political views have no business on the nursing floor. Nurses do not work together as a team, management does not help, At times, there is an unsafe workload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Barnes-Jewish Hospital Reviews by Location