Barnes Dennig has opportunities for an experienced Tax Manager.
As one of the leading CPA firms in Cincinnati serving closely held, growth-driven companies to achieve financial success with innovative ideas, personal attention and global resources, we offer a strong compensation and benefits program, top technical leadership training, a mentor program, an Emerging Professional's network and a Women's Initiative. We also have many philanthropic ventures, including an annual community outreach day.
Recognized for our unique culture, our firm has been named a Greater Cincinnati "Top Workplace" 4 consecutive years, a 3-time recipient of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for workplace effectiveness and flexibility, and a 2013 finalist in the 'Goering Center Family & Private Business Award’.
The Tax Manager will be one of the lead providers of tax policies and procedures for the firm. They will have direct responsibility for the management of tax processing administrative personnel with respect to reviewing corporate tax returns. This person will have technical and personnel development responsibilities along with business development responsibilities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop tax policies and procedures for the firm
- Direct responsibility for the management of tax processing administrative personnel
- Review Federal, State, County and Local Income/Franchise, Sales/Use & Property returns, primarily for manufacturing and/or construction entities
- Complete research and planning projects
- Coordinate and oversee quality control and file documentation
- Coordinate with teams and team leaders tax staffing/scheduling considerations
- Promote the firm’s tax practice to the business community
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of corporate tax review and compliance experience
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience managing tax field work or projects
- CPA required