Barnes Group

Barnes Group Employee Reviews

It was a very independent work enviroment.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2015
It was a great position of independence. I had a great customer base and grew my territory by closing new accounts on a regular basis.
great work
Stocker (Former Employee), Hanover Park, ILMarch 26, 2015
hires through temp services but does not permanently hire the employees but it was a very fun job and the day went by fast
Some over time was offered but was not offered t the temps very often
Bad experience
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: a few partners that worked hard with me.
Cons: really did not like much of anything about that job.
Could not trust anyone to do their part. Management never had your back. Hard to work within those conditions. The dynamics of the relationship between sales and ops were very flawed.
Great global experience
Global Commodity Sourcing Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 16, 2014
Great leadership very intelligent. Co-workers were very helpful. A lot of great experience on a global scale working with China suppliers. Challenging work environment with high expectations.
Solid company with opportunity for advancement
Manager, Financial Services (Former Employee), Cleveland OHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: solid company with opportunity for advancement
Cons: na
Solid company with opportunity for advancement
Highly qualified people
Fast paced
Growing revenues
Good company. Spent many years with them until they were sold and moved.
Product Planner; Senior Buyer/Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 20, 2014
Was a great place to work. Spent nearly entire career with Barnes. Recently were sold to competitor and the company was moved out of state in June 2014.
Company with a family atmosphere
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Barnes Distribution was a company with a family atmosphere. It had it's up and downs like all companies but it did it's best to take care of it's employees.
this company shut down warehouse in atlanta
Team Lead - Second Shift (Former Employee), Fairburn, GAJune 20, 2014
Pros: best management
Cons: this company shut down warehouse in atlanta
Best management ive worked for but this company shut down warehouse in atlanta.
Working with ECommerce
E commerce Support Team/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: the company was sold.
I enjoyed working with this company. I learned how to assist customers who completed online shopping. So, I would create usernames and passwords and often times had to reset the information.
A very good learning experience
Operations and Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJune 10, 2014
Everyday was a different adventure. I started out filing in the break room and ended up being in charge on days when the manager was not there. While there we had three different systems that I learned and taught to my fellow associates. Over all it was a very good experience.
Good Company
Customer Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2014
This was a good company to work for. Training was very well planned and all the tools were given to you to start your job out in the field. Only down fall is you needed to provide your own home computer and down load thier programs on your computer.
BARNES DISTRIBUTION
CUSTOMER SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2014
They have currently been purchased by MSC and there is currently alot of uncertainity as to the direction that the company will be taken.
Sales Job you have to sell to make additional income.
Customer Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2014
Has some physical labor. Manage yourself and time. Designated territory. Always opportunity to open new business.
Great place to work but being bought out
Payroll Supervisor/Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great management team
Cons: a little antiquated accounting system.
Company has been bought out and will move headquarters to Charlotte in April 2014.
I like working with the sales force
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2014
Great company to work for.The management was knowledgeable and helpful with any problems that would arise.
Great opportunity
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Northern NevadaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits
Cons: use of personal vehicle
Abundant resources for gaining product, technical, and industry knowledge.
It was a good place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Sales) (Former Employee), Stockton to MercedJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the training that i received was good and through and very useful
Cons: territories were spread out to far.
Maintain and increase sales in all of my accouunts. I learned about the different strengths of steel that bolts are made of. Management was good. co-workers were always willing to help.
Mining is the primary industry in NV. I took the job with Barnes Distribution after marrage relocating to Battle Mountain NV.
Area Sales Representative (Former Employee), Battle Mountain, NVJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: i set my agenda and incorperated my strengths to succeed.
Cons: healthcare, communications with management inhibiting my productivity
Since moving to Battle Mountain NV. there were no opportunities to teach in such a RURAL location. Mining is the most prevalent industry, so I became involved and enjoyed my work
I would arrive at the mine and pick up my order placed the previous visit. I would go to the various shops, both underground and surface to put away the order and reorder for the next visit. Visiting with the shop foremen or manager was an enjoyable component. I know little of mining or the needs to run mining operations, but becoming knowledgeable and able to answer questions of those working there was a pleasure.
I was given near autonomy of my area as it was the farthest from headquarters. It was an opportunity to grow and learn. I became the problem solver for my area. Since I was on my own, contact with co-workers was limited, but always enjoyable.
The hardest part of my job was learning which parts were required for what job. The most enjoyable, being comrades and friends with those whom I worked
o k
Customer Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: o k
Cons: o k
it was o k no complaints good benefits great manager good pay,car allowance phone allowance
Nice place
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 17, 2014
The business was bought out by a larger firm and moved to another city.

1 2 3