Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, cut throat environment
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2018
When you get prepared for your day with patients, normally starting at 545-645 AM daily, you had better be ready for the doctors to show up an hour or so late and yelling and caring on, making it everyone else's fault that he was late. Never a good job, just a get out my way.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Fun place minus the craziness
PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZDecember 29, 2017
It's a good place but only if you keep to yourself. It could be a little better working environment if it had better management and leadership and benefits.
Pros
Hour lunches, company lunches
Cons
favortism
Busy office with an extremely high call volume.
Scheduler/ Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 13, 2017
This was an extremely fast paced office with an extremely high call volume. I was responsible for scheduling for a multi- provider practice in various offices in Arizona as well as verifying insurance benefits for each patient.
Pros
I enjoyed the interaction with the patients and doctors.
Fast past most days.
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZNovember 24, 2017
A typical work day is busy. I learned a lot about ophthalmology. The upper management was helpful when they could be. Workplace culture is very strict is most aspects. Hardest part of the job was learning about everything I did not have experience in. Most enjoyable part of the job was the nice and friendly coworkers.
rfv
Ophthalmic Laser Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2017
Could find better job, management is stressful. I got a better offer elsewhere, more pay and good hours. I am happy where i am now, woukd never go back
Productive Workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
Busy office. Learned all about ophthalmology and surgery on the eyes. Learned all about the equipment used and cost of such equipment. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with my boss.
Pros
Excellent benefit and pay.
Cons
Difficult to take lunch -busy office.
Micro manage. Managers talk down to you. Too many chiefs. Lots of favoritism.
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
Horrible management. Managers like to degrade employees. They pick and choose favorites. You can do a great job and it will never be good enough if they don't like you. Managers join in bullying. If you go to HR to complain the managers make sure you are then fired. You're always on edge at this place.
Pros
Patients, some doctors
Cons
Too many conns
Fabulous Company to Work For
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZOctober 8, 2017
This is a very high paced environment. As a discharge nurse, there was 8-12 minutes between clients.
The staff is fabulous in the Show Low Clinic, but there is only one or two days we are needed.
Pros
401K Even with Part-time
Cons
Surgeries in Show Low, only 1-2 days per week.
No training
Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
Training was lacking by 100%. Management very stand offish and did not want to have anything to do with new employees.Tried to advance my position but was turned down.
Overral Review
Sr Call Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
Busy environment meeting or exceeding our patients needs. Smaller company so you can get visibility to senior level leaders.

I would recommend this company to those who are looking to build their resumes for future placement in larger organizations. .
Pros
Good Working environment
Cons
job stabilty and promotional opportunities
good place
Ambulatory Surgery Center (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 12, 2017
Fun place to work while it was a smaller company. Now with the merger I feel there are too many chiefs and not enough workers. Staff is stretched. Downside is no match for the 401K and benefits are expensive.
I have built much experience and love the patients. Workplace culture is like any other work place (lots of politics). Hardest part of the job is not enough help everyone gripes over somethig
Pros
easy place to work in comparison to other companies
Cons
micro managment
Busy fast paced ASC
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 31, 2017
Very busy, fast paced environment. Great doctors!! Good team of nurses and techs. No weekends or holidays with a hand full of on-call days. Team atmosphere.
Administration
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2017
doctor are very good at their job, company is way to micromanaged, little to no incentive, day to day running reports, completing all initial and recredentialing files in a timely manner
Great work enviornment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2017
Everyone works as a team. Its great when you know even when it gets busy you will always have someone there to offer help. Surgery Days tend to be long and very busy. Management is great!
Building in a nice area with shops and restaurants
BUYER (Current Employee) –  Administration- PhoenixJuly 8, 2017
While they are a very large company, they are ran like a mom and pop shop. If you are used to playing by the rules and follow processes, this is not the place for you. Support to do your job is hard to come by.
Pros
Flexible if you need time off.
Cons
401K not matched
love it
Opthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 23, 2017
such an amazing company to work for, amazing leadership and the culture is amazing, they are always looking to improve and go above and beyond in customer service
Good luck
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2017
The supervisor is a hater...your job will always stay posted because thats how she can feel superior about her inferior, unbalanced interior. She will mock you from day one...dont walk....RUN.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment
fun place
Logistics Specialist-Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2017
I went to work everyday between seven and eight in the morning. The best part of the job was the people I worked with except management. There was nothing really hard about the job. I thought manage was terrible. They never smiled and hardly acknowledged hourly workers. The place was like working for the government. Money being wasted everyday.
Pros
easy
Miserable place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZApril 18, 2017
Alot of backstabbing and gossip between coworkers. the drs. all over booked their schedule so you were always in a rush. Suck suck suck suck suck suck suck!!!
Productive work place
Externship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2017
Great work environment, great management, diverse culture. I love to work with patients of all ages and race. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to treat people and getting to know my patients.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Short breaks