Barney & Barney LLC Employee Reviews in United States

get in then get in the right team
former employee in benefits dept (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Great place to work, best if you are in a good ethical team. If you are on a "negative team" then your career days there are numbered.

CONS: that there are CONS
Some teams have an insane turn over. If you are hired in from the outside, you are likely joining a bad team: bad = breaks the rules, negative, has no business, some of the team members have secured jobs and basically bring someone in to do all the work and then hope you join a different team or quit. (this is mainly in the benefits dept)

Pros: if you are in a good team, you will love your job, life and your co-workers. Thing is when a position opens up in a good team, its given to someone internal. Rarely are people hired from the outside for the good teams. (this again is in the benefits division).

Commercial Dept: its simple, they're the best of the best, coolest folks who know there stuff. I learned a lot from them.

The company is great, its just some of the team leaders in the benefits dept are very difficult people, lie, cheat etc. You insurance license is at risk in the benefits dept.

Get in and the minute a position opens up in a preferred division GO GET IT.
Pros
that you can switch teams
Cons
could be the team managers
Excellent company to work for....family oriented.
Premium Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2014
A great place to work. I learned a lot about the insurance industry while working for this company. I entered cash receipts on a daily basis and paid carrier payments on a daily basis. Management was very hands off and let you get your job done with minimal interruptions. My co-workers were great to work with and I would work with them again. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the job done with not enough personnel to do the job right. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Facilities Assitant/San Deigo (Former Employee) –  9791 Towne Center DriveNovember 6, 2013
Enjoyed my time there was just to far to travel at the time. Enjoyed the work and the atmoshere.
Highly Ethical, Well-Respected in the Community
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2013
This company maintains a highly respected profile in the insurance community in the state of California and particularly in Southern California. There is good interaction between employees and partners and doors are always open for suggestions and help in any matter. They make an effort to help in any way they can to make the client, companies they represent, and employees successful.
Pros
make every effort to help everyone be successful
Cons
never a dull moment!
Help Desk Lead
Helpdesk Lead (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJune 24, 2013
This is a great company to work for. However due to my recent move 60 miles away I'm currently looking for something closer to my home.
Great culture with executives that treat all employees well.
Benefit Analyst / Client Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2012
Barney and Barney is a first class organization with values and ethics that rival the best of the best.

4.6