Barneys New York, the world’s leading luxury retailer, is committed to providing the best of everything: merchandise, customer service and innovative people with creative ideas. We are currently seeking Department Managers for Women’s Designer and Men’s Contemporary at our Madison Avenue flagship store in New York, New York.
The Department Manager is directly responsible for customer service, sales performance, floor merchandise presentation and physical inventory results. All sales and support associates in the department report to the Department Manager, who ensures that their job functions are executed.
- Direct and demonstrate the priority of customer acknowledgement and service over all other tasks
- Build a personal relationship with customers in the store to increase sales penetration and traffic
- Manage the selling and service culture of the store
Sales & Merchandise Management
- Utilize all available resources to develop an intimate knowledge of store merchandise in own and other areas
- Understand and maintain company merchandising philosophy and standards
- Analyze sales performance and strategies to maximize opportunities and improve overall performance
- Serve as an effective and creative participant in coordinating and executing special events
- Consistently communicate with Corporate Store Operations and Buying Office regarding merchandise needs
- Actively participate in recruiting and selecting new employees
- Work intensively with new employees to ensure their understanding of the Barneys New York culture and standards
- Train, coach and challenge others to help them achieve their fullest potential
Loss Prevention & Operations
- Develop and implement initiatives to reduce loss, partnering with the appropriate store and corporate executives
- Facilitate accurate and efficient physical inventories
- Plan and organize operational tasks so that they are completed in the most effective manner with minimal disruption to customer service
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and contribute to achieving store and company expense initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years of luxury retail management experience, specifically with a background in Women’s Designer or Men’s Contemporary
- BA preferred
- Possess exemplary customer service, greeting customers in a positive, upbeat and friendly manner
- Strong emphasis on merchandising and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Barneys New York stores and an understanding of our vendors are preferred
- Highly motivated, forward thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Computer proficient
Barneys New York offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a generous discount. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. EOE.
Indeed - 13 months ago
As Sarah Jessica Parker once told Vanity Fair, "If you're a nice person and you work hard, you get to go shopping at Barneys. It's the...