Barneys New York, the world’s leading luxury retailer, is committed to providing the best of everything: merchandise, customer service and innovative people with creative ideas. We are currently seeking a Director of Store Design at our corporate office in New York, NY.
The Director of Store Design is responsible for providing senior management leadership in store design and architecture capacity, both leading the team and representing the department in external and internal meetings.
- Ability to develop working knowledge of brand identity and aesthetics for Barneys New York, with an extraordinary attention to detail
- Close collaborations with Visual, Merchandising team, Corporate Architect, Construction and outside consultants
- Direct and manage timeline and schedules with minimal supervision
- Review shop drawings and redline construction documents
- Manage team and individual projects from start to finish including budgeting/ schedules and site visits
- Lead and motivate team members
- Ability to manager one or two direct reports
- Sources new materials, fabrics and resources
- Design and develop Store Design standards for Flagship and CO-OP projects
- Present layouts, new designs and capital budget for Executive Committee Meeting
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum 6 yrs work experience in Interior Design/Architecture in luxury retail
- Previous Project Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCad 2004 minimum
- Strong team player in a creative atmosphere with the ability to discover the unexpected
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills a must in order to relate to many management types and levels
As Sarah Jessica Parker once told Vanity Fair, "If you're a nice person and you work hard, you get to go shopping at Barneys. It's the...