Barneys New York Employee Reviews

Great team to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 18, 2017
While working with BNY Camarillo I had a great and motivated team. Unfortunately there was little to no accountability by upper management which lead me to leave the company for better opportunities.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Little to no room for advancement.
Awesome place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 17, 2017
Loved the job and coworkers and of course the customer customers. We use to open the store early to allow famous people to come in and shop before the store opened for regular customers. Famous coaches, players, actors. It was awesome!!!! But I left to move upstate New York.
Pros
Snacks coffe
Very productive work place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
The typical work day at Barneys New York is very peaceful. The clients and sales associate are professional. I've developed my listening skills when concerning customers needs and desires. Management is great and help direct the employees in the right direction. The hardest part about the job is saying goodbye to it. the most enjoyable part of my job is building a relationship with the customers and linking to great merchandise.
Pros
Great co-workers and managers
Cons
So many people within the organization
Interesting to work with rugs
Data Entry - Web Department/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMay 15, 2017
A small but good company, hours were great so was the benefits. It is a challenging company always new rug codes and something confusing to create new codes.
Pro & Con
Cashier/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 7, 2017
PRO- It's always interesting and the people who work there are super nice. You get fantastic discounts.

CON- If you're a sales associate, you will only be part time and you will not receive benefits.
Not a terrible place to work, though it leaves some to be desired.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 3, 2017
It's a fairly old company, and it reflects in the staff. There is low energy, a lot of gossip, and the only sense of urgency shown is when a customer is interested in big ticket items. Customer service falls short when clients are purchasing low priced items, and others are often left to pick up their slack. Monthly sales goals are achievable, but there is no sense of teamwork. Veteran employees will help each other to produce big numbers, and leave the scraps for the rest. Not a fan of management, although they mean well. Training is very old fashioned and tedious, adding to the overall energy level throughout various departments.
Pros
Decent pay, good commission rates, nice range of product
Cons
Sharky coworkers, lazy management, poor inner department communication
decent
Mens shoes specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
the union doesn't have the best interest of the workers. management is under heavy pressure from executive direction. creating a hostile working environment for most workers. some practices even include framing associates to unfairly terminate them. then not disclose evidence of the alleged incident(s).
Fun place to work, really great merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 22, 2017
Barneys New York was probably one of the most fun places that I've worked at. It is considered a specialty department store so the collections that they sold were really beautiful and some that you could only find there which made it very exclusive. I worked at their Beverly Hills location close to Rodeo Drive so their would be celebrities that would come in often and I had the opportunity to assist several of them which was a lot of fun. I learned a lot about retail working there and working in a commissioned environment. One of my fellow colleagues was difficult to work with at times so that was the one thing that was the least fun about working there.
Pros
Merchandise, Pay and Celebrity clients
Cons
Some cut-throat employees
the best job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 31, 2017
in all my years of working.. i really liked working for this company. i learned alot from my co-workers and my boss. the only problem this company had was they don't hire withen the company the company is going broke and they are not making alot of money from what you would think. i loved what work i would do here
Pros
i had no problem with this warehouse
Cons
no problems at all
Typical fashion workpalce
Buying Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
Cut throat environment. The pay is not very high. But that is just the fashion industry to begin with. I would recommend working here if you are interested in fashion
Internship
Selling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2017
I was an intern so I was only there for 3 months. I learned a few things from the VP of Marketing but overall I could of learned more. I ran errands, wrapped gifts, etc.
Great place to experience high end luxury sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
The work place environment was live and energetic. I learned a lot about how to sell and please a client. Always make a goal and set a plan to accomplish it.I was there for 10 years in the same position because i was good at it and enjoyed it, but i should have challenged my self more so that i could grow in the company and as an individual.
Enjoyed my time working at Barneys
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Organized and luxurious workplace with great atmosphere. Management is very articulant. The hours can be very flexible from time to time. Lots of tenured associates so can get competitive. Good discount and management was good. Went through a lot of changes and seems to be going in the right direction.
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2016
It is a great company to work at. I have learned a lot. If you love fashion and provide amazing costumer service. This is the place for you. Great pay and great location.
Organized and luxurious workplace with great atmosphere
Clerical, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2016
Great company to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2016
Loved to work there. Management team is very nice. Easy and friendly environment to work.
Lunch room was a nice perk- very relaxing.
Pros
Great discounts for employees.
Cons
Closing hours- but that's normal for any retail in Las Vegas
fun place
Manager/ Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 26, 2016
fun place to work. Lots of tenured associates so can get competitive. Good discount and management was good. Went through a lot of changes and seems to be going in the right direction.
Over all summary at Barneys New York
Sales Stylist/Rag & Bone Specialist Women's RTW (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Great company learned a great deal working at Barneys from designers to market appointments with the Barneys New York team and dealt with high-end clientele over all Barneys was a great learning experience for me and enjoyed the company over all!
Pros
knowledge on all designers and attended fashion week and fashion shows
Cons
Company needs to listen to employers more
luxury retail environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 4, 2016
Excellent work environment, beautiful surroundings located in one of top US mall locations. Exceptional store level and corporate management team.
Good Work Place.
Stock/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
I had to learned to work the cashier, and learn how to set up a stock room and put the merchandise in size order. Management is good. It's quiet most days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barneys New York. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval