Barneys New York Employee Reviews in United States

luxury retail environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 4, 2016
Excellent work environment, beautiful surroundings located in one of top US mall locations. Exceptional store level and corporate management team.
Good Work Place.
Stock/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
I had to learned to work the cashier, and learn how to set up a stock room and put the merchandise in size order. Management is good. It's quiet most days.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 2, 2016
a typical day consist of making clients and building relations. i learned how to work at a extremely fast pace.The most enjoyable part was the teamwork
Pros
awesome benefits
Great place to excel
Loss Prevention Investigator / Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 1, 2016
Barneys new york is a store that will put a great mind to the test. Multitasking and essential decision making is essential.
Very professional and friendly environment.
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2016
I am very happy working for this company. Even the hours a different. Barneys always close late. Because it's inside a casino.
Pros
Discount and incentive are
Great People to work with
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 26, 2016
The most enjoyable thing about my job were the lasting relationships I built with my clients. I enjoyed helping them and guiding them to new fashion. Georgetown people were super pleasant to work with.
A productive, fast pace work enviroment.
Men's Accessories Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
Like any job, the starting of my shift consist of clocking in and setting up my station in which I would interact with clientele as they come into the store. I then do my cash count within register and double check my merchandise to make sure everything is on display. I then tidy things up as I attend customers and answer questions on the men's jewelry, as well as direct any lost shoppers throughout the nine story store.

Working at Barney's has taught me how to maintain my stress level in a fast pace environment, do two jobs at once, keep a positive vibe and develop my leadership skills.

The management was swell. From the start, I had never felt alone or confused thanks to their check ins.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly clients, which I feel I now have a strong grasp on.
Pros
Freinds, fast work place, one hour lunch and a fifteen minute break, understanding HR team.
Cons
Lack of hours, low staff support team.
Poorly Managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 8, 2016
While working at Barneys New York Brooklyn location, I was not allowed to have one weekend day off for nine months or take my vacation time. Also due to disorganization my requested and approved time off was rescinded after I had purchased plane tickets. When I brought this to the union it was a process and a half to address this problem, they are essentially useless in supporting its associates despite the fact that you pay union dues. My advice would be that if you go to work for Barneys New York which is an amazing company avoid the Brooklyn location, also you cannot count on 40 hours a week they are constantly cutting hours.
Union environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 20, 2016
distribution center sometimes very long hours, the pay is ok just ok not great. no room for advancement very repetitive work
Great place to grow as a sales professional
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
My tenure at Barneys was a very positive experience. There are plenty of opportunities for growth professionally and as an individual I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hours can be demanding.
fashionable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2016
7 hr work day
casino hours
learning about different designers on a daily basis
leaving the client with a memorable experience
Pros
fashion learning through clinics
Cons
poor management
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
I constantly had to keep up with my emails and respond to clients as soon as possible. I either got a lot of work and i was constantly busy or i had nothing to do.
Very productive and opportunities to grow in the company
Sales Assoc./3 months later promoted Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 15, 2015
I started off as a sales associate then got promoted to their management team. It was a fun experience, although you have to really be on top of your game. You had people who would steal, and try to open credit cards that were fraud. It was fun catching the bad guys! Co-workers were amazing, we had a lot of turn over when it came to our employees and we had employees from all different countries and personalities it was a challenge in the beginning learning how to deal with certain situations, but after that you really learn how to read people and their reactions which made my relationships with my co-workers so amazing.
Pros
Engaging, always learned something new EVERYDAY
Cons
Turn over on employees was really high.
Great Experiance
Exceptional sales abilities (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 5, 2015
Great experience . Great fashion and most of the people were a true joy and I am still friends with today after all of these years.
fun
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
was a good company to work for, good benefits. sell associates were very stuck up. the hours didn't work well for me. they need to be more helpful
Pros
holidays
Cons
benifits
great place to work
Jewelry photographer/Project manager (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 7, 2015
just fantastic place to work and learn very cohesive environment all hard workers and management is right on with the workflow directives. Studio could be bigger but they are making it that now. Cool stuff to shoot and easy place to be
In the now of fashion
Sales associate in Designer Clothing Department (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CaliforniaOctober 7, 2015
Nice professional work environment with room to grow.
Management was supportive and always pushed for large numbers.
Sales were extremely important.
It's luxury retail...
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2015
All about numbers.

The culture has changed from the past.

Environment feels constricting.

Management is too concerned with the wrong things.

Need to put more value on back of house needs.

Getting less like "Barneys New York brought to you by Disney World" and more like "Barneys New York brought to you by Macy's (or maybe Kohls)"; becoming generic, old, and boring.
Pros
Hour lunches and 15 minute breaks.
Cons
Not much room to grow, Strict dress code which is ironic for a company that sells itself as being fashion forward, Unsavory coworkers
Leading technology changes in Point of sale
Senior Manager of Point of Sale Systems (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 3, 2015
Lead the functional requirement development of Xstore and work with Oracle/Micros to build and customize configuration changes for Barneys Point of sale requirements.
Implementing VeriFone MX915, E335, E355 devices for tokenization project for bank credit liability shift for October 2015. Working with BAMS and AJB to implement host capture and settlement for sales audit settlement files.
Worked on rolling out of FiPay integrated payment solution for our tokenized VeriFone pin devices along with our VeriFone mobile devices (e335). This includes working with AJB to customize the connection of the payment processor directly.
Being a key member of implementing our Point of sale environment to our new flagship location in down town New York. Defining the scope of work and design of what technology is need for this new location set to open in January 2016. Working with Oracle/Micros and APG to implement network cash draws to be able to do cash transaction via our mobile devices.
Great Clerical job with wonderful benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJAugust 7, 2015
Great place to work, people are always inviting, and there are plenty of opportunities to grow within the company. 35% off takes a major dent out of Barney's clothing, so the benefits are rather well!