BARNEYS

BARNEYS Employer Reviews

Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: n/a
I would like to say that this organization would be very beneficial because it would be assisting a lot of people, the same way it helped me. This environment is good to influence yourself about many different things. I learned about this company meanwhile I was working there.
Great Place to work
Customer Support/Personal Shopper (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: nice salary
It was fun working at Barneys Great people and great Managers and it was a Pleasure dealing with customers.
busy and fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate/Wrapper (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: healthcare, good customer service
Cons: no breaks, disrespect
A typical day at work was making sure every customer left with a smile on there face and was giving great customer service . Some of the things that iv'e learnt at my job is how to keep my customer's happy and wanting to come back. My management team was amazing and made sure we as employee's was doing what we we're trained to do. My co-workers, we – more... worked great as being a team. I really didn't find any part of my job hard. One thing that i enjoyed at my job was seeing each of my customer smiling as they left the store. – less
Management and focus changed
Assistant Finance Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2013
Pros: the high expectation with short timeline
Cons: bottomline over wellfare
The store had a team that actually cared about employee moral and optimized the financial spending of the store. It was a good hard working team. But because of corporation change of focus, the stores priority changed.

It was a great team where you do what you can to make sure you and your team are able to ensure the store's events are run on time – more... and staff would be able to handle the event.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are random deadlines and unreasonable hours. But you learn to work fast and do prep work before they're assign by knowing when things are to be expected. Prioritize your workload and being prepare is the best way to handle these kind of problem. If you do the prep work ahead of time, all your work could be done in a reasonable time. – less
Productive work place
Shipping /Receiving - Stock Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 29, 2013
A typical work day would be receiving new shippment and putting them in their right area. I learned how to be more organized and time manageable.
Commissioned sales associates benefit most.
Seasonal Expeditor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: employee discounts, union
My typical day consisted of maintaining sales floor, assisting sales specialist with their customers and processing payment at checkout.
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: loved it.
It was closing so i had to move ahead..Loved it made some good friends.
fun but busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 3, 2012
i loved working here even though it was far away. workers and staff very friendly and approahable
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Cashier (Current Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: i get free coffee and pop
Cons: no breaks for lunch
A typical day at work starts at 6 a.m. I make sure my customers have plenty of coffee. I clean and stock the store. I am a easy going person and gets along with others. I know what my customers buy on a daily basis and have the merchandise ready for them. I have good customer service.
I loved working for Barneys!
CLOSING SHIFT CLERK/CASHIER (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 31, 2012
I enjoyed working for this company! i loved the fast paced work environment and how working here always kept me busy!
nice place to work
Freelance Display Artist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2012
Pros: eveything
i learned how to be come a great guard and all that it ask of me.
Boring,
Nars and RĂ© Vive Business Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: long hours, high presure to sell
never any customers, odd managers & co workers. Just a strange place
Love working here great people
Sales assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2012
Pros: great discounts, nice lunch room
I loved working here they respect their employees. Pay is not bad depending on the position. Lunch breaks are great the lunch room is fully equipped with a flat screen tv lounge chairs and two rooms. The managers are like your family. They also give you room for advancement.
Great sense of team work
Loss prevention officer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2012
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: no unions for securoty.
Split in to union workers and non-union workers. Union workers would get all the perks and non-union would suffer. All day on your feet, running around or posted at door. The hardest part of the job was chasing after thiefs. Best part was taking them down and arresting them.
Best place to work in retail
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2012
Loooooved, Barneys New York! Very professional and caring of they workers and customers.

About BARNEYS

BARNEYS NEW YORK (Barneys) is a luxury specialty retailer renowned for having the most discerning edit from the world's top designers, – Read more