Barnhart Crane & Rigging

Barnhart Crane & Rigging Employee Reviews in United States

Very good moeny to be made. lack of work however
Iron Worker / Wind technician (Current Employee) –  Corning IowaJune 8, 2016
Barnhart takes very good care of their employees. The per diem offered is second to none in my experience and I would definitely recommend them to a close friend or family member
Very mission driven organization
Project Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
Assigned to prospect and develop a list of top accounts at the beginning of the year. The amount of focus was dependent upon the current amount of work coming into the local branch. If work slowed down you are required to change focus and find work anywhere you can. This caused a lag in the time it took to penetrate the top accounts. It always felt like you were starting over. I'm thankful for the amount of industry knowledge I was able to obtain.
Pros
Health care
Good Company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALSeptember 19, 2015
Overall good company with good benefits. Always paid on time every week. A growing company with an opportunity to advance.
benefits
Cons
low pay
I'm a hard worker and team player.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MichiganJuly 15, 2015
My experience has allowed me to set my business expectations to a higher level. I am a self starter and a team player. If I cannot find an answer to a problem, I will search and find until the task is complete. Hardest part of any job is dealing with the different personalities in the work place. Problem solving is required and everyone is different. When approaching problems in the work place we have to be proactive instead of burying the problem. I enjoy working and being productive.
Pros
I enjoy working in construction and remaining busy.
Cons
Unreliable people.
Very interesting, diverse group to work for
Quality Assurance/Mechanical Completion Lead (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 4, 2015
I was only employed with this company for a few months. I noticed the management was very relaxed, yet very business oriented. Depending on the job you were assigned to for the specific job site, your coworkers were helpful and entertaining at times.
Exhausting
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  EarthApril 7, 2015
Over worked and under paid. Middle management is pretty rough around the edges. Too much travel. Blatant religion in the work place.
Renewable energy
Outside Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2015
The outside Logistics Manager was responsible for all deliveries and proper storage of construction material on site. Also tracking where the construction materials were used and documenting any mill certs. and batch numbers that may pertain to the project.
great place to work
Journeyman fitting and weld (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2015
growing company at this time. i was really proud to be there, then one day management separated the working man to a number.
welder, operator, rigger
welder, operator, rigger (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2014
laid off ..lack of work after 9 years at this growing company
Vision by the book
Sales (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 15, 2014
Vision by the book, but not grounded in reality when required,
Pros
pay
Cons
support
Productive and organize work place
Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 22, 2013
we had a good crew working together that had a lot of knowledge of there personal positions in that working environment made everything go smoothly.
Usefull Learning
Crane A&D Director (Former Employee) –  Nation wideJune 2, 2013
I was responsible for the assembly and disassembly of several types of cranes on wind farms across the country and the proper set up and use of rigging for rebuilds on 30 meter wind turbines. Over see craft disciplines and operation of cranes.
Pros
travel and fast pased work.
Cons
no recogognition when saving the company hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Not your average cup of tea...
Commissioner, Rigger (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 2, 2013
If you enjoy being away from your family for about 4 to 6 months at a time and then seeing them for a week before you have to go back and work the rest of your year away from home, then sign up!! :)
Very fast paced workplace with lots of moving parts
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Long BeachMay 19, 2013
My work is very interesting and fast paced. Even though the corporation is quite small, our organization is very flat. This gives me the opportunity to master a wide variety of activities.
Pros
great people to work with
Company
Yard and Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2013
This is a great company to work for. Its a close nit company that takes care of its employees
good job
Mechanical Completion (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2013
Hard work, long hours, good job. I am currently layed off due to lack of work. I loved it.
Productive and fun workplace, allowed to use my talents to the fullest, Respected, Love what I do
Administrative Assistant/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  2601 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, Tn 37849January 1, 2013
Billing for all jobs, billed over 125 Millian in Revenue in 2012. Had the opportunity to use and Pay Apps to invoice mult-millian dollar jobs, Partial Lien Waivers, Final Lein Waivers, Preformance bonds, Job COI, Contract, compiling adiquite backup for billing, organizatoinal skills billing up to 20 multi -millian dollor jobs at one time. Team player, worked very closely with Customer, Salesman, Project Managers, Site Managers, as well as site admin. Hardest part of the job is keeping all the jobs straight and in order to always know where we are at in the timely billing of the jobs and timely payment of invoices, and knowing backup is current for all charges. Very supportive TEAM that makes the work environment so very positive.
Pros
team work, fun
Cons
job security
Wanted a employee to come on board to work for them, but did not give anything for long term involvement with them.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 7, 2012
Worked a lot of hours but didn't have anything offered to be able to stay with them for the long term.
Pros
was able to be a part of something important and be able to make a living.
Cons
can't stay on short term jobs
Fast-paced Environment, Multi-tasking, Work on your own, Many deadlines to meet.
DOT Compliance Manager/HR/Exe Admin (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2012
Multi-tasking all day everyday. Very busy work as of filing, paperwork, Brings out the best in you to the workplace. Have learned numerous things on my own due to no training in the company.
Pros
big company with alot of smart individuals, job challenges will make you learn and keep you busy
Cons
low efficiency in decision making, a lot of politics, they can be very demanding of your time and shutdowns and layoffs are too common, lack of ethics, focused on money rather than honesty, no opportunity to grow or advancement, no clear vision or direction from upper management, lots of lay-offs
Great co-workers
Project Development/Sales (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2012
What an exciting place to work and to do everyday! Barnhart has great values and beliefs. It was a great experience for me to learn from the ground up how to move heavy objects into place and complete some complex projects.
Pros
exciting job and a great gang to work with.
Cons
can be in some challenging weather conditions.

2.8