Barona Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

Professional place to work
Waiter (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2016
Management was always motivating, assisting and maintained service standards. Co-workers always assisted each other. It was a fun place to work as it was enjoyable to work along a great team which is only possible by maintaining the family culture Barona provided.
Pros
Salary and tips
Cons
distance
Its okay for a starter job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJuly 12, 2016
The management is constantly a mess, securities constantly leave. In a short way to describe how they treat their securities is if you're not one their favorites they don't treat you like you matter at all. For needing to gain experience its okay but otherwise I would recommend the casino but for any other position. Getting to help people and getting their gratitude is the best part which makes it all worth it. Ask anyone in another position if they would go to security and they would 100% say no.
Pros
lunch buffet is 3$
Cons
health coverage
Great Company
Kitchen Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMarch 24, 2016
Barona was a great place where I learn lots of things. I learned to work on hot side of kitchen work in commercial buildings.
Great Place to Work!
Senior AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, CANovember 5, 2015
I'm looking to move into a supervisory position, which I have worked with other companies in the past.
I completely enjoy multi-tasking and helping my co-workers with items they need assistance.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No room for advancement
They take care of their own
N/A (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, CAOctober 7, 2015
I work on the Hotel side of the property and have Zero complaints about the company, management, or benefits. The managers really have the employees backs and treat us as human beings.

It can be hard to get time off because we seem to be perpetually understaffed and it can be very emotionally taxing at times because guests are not always the nicest people.

I would have to say overall it is a great job with good pay and benefits, and a great group of people to work with.
Pros
Cheap/delicious food, great culture, great benefits and pay
Cons
not good work/life balance
Exciting and customer service oriented
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CASeptember 25, 2015
Constant interaction with other departments' employees and patrons created a diverse and positive experience. Friendly co-workers and supervisors always ready to help made this a fun and comfortable job.
Best Job Experience Ever
Real Players Club Host (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Barona Casino was the best place i have ever work for! the job was exciting, the people were nice and the company treated it's employees wonderful.
Fun and exciting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAAugust 24, 2014
It all depends on the shift you get to work. I was in the swing shift and it was busy and fast paced. Something new every day.
Valet supervisor
Valet & Shuttle Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJuly 26, 2014
Valet & Shuttle Supervisor
 Greet arriving and departing guests. Opens passenger door and offers assistance, if appropriate.
 Provide claim check and instructs guests on how to reclaim vehicle.
 Park guest vehicles in specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
 Retrieve customer vehicles from specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
 Provide travel directions and information on property events and promotions.
 Provide accurate and timely documentation and reports of departmental activities and status including claim checks, vehicle damage, statements, and conditions with require attention and or repair. Obeys all traffic laws on and off property.
 Provide general supervision to valet attendants in order to ensure efficient valet operations.
Great place to work. Fun oriented culture property wide.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMarch 29, 2014
Very friendly management team. Great place to work at the entry level position. Management has their hands full as there is essentially no HR.Beautiful property and great benefits, such as PTO, Full medical and dental.
Pros
Paid 1 hour break, Great benefits, Beautiful property
Cons
Long drive unless you live in east county, Job security. smoke
Fun job being a blackjack dealer, lots of personalities.
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJanuary 20, 2014
I really did enjoy this job, I just couldn't handle the hours anymore. working 2am to 10am. I loved the dealing cards part, and meeting so many different types of people from all over the world. I got to be myself, professional, yet still have fun and be outgoing, social, and make people laugh and have a good time. I was to maintain the integrity of the job itself, make sure there was no cheating, and people were respectful to each other at the table, as well as chip management, making sure I had the right amounts in the tray and were paying out the right amounts when players won.
Fun resort to work for
Vault Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CASeptember 13, 2013
Great place for those who are looking to advance. Management in most areas is great and encourages advancement. Employee lunch room is amazing and getting paid for hour of lunch is great. You go to work for eight hours but only have to work seven since the other hour is used for lunch. Only problem is the shifts, dont get stuck with graveyard or you will be sleeping all day and never see anyone.
Pros
Hour lunch that is paid, great pay, easy to advance
Cons
Graveyard shift, really far to get too
Injoable work and safety place.
Slot Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMay 23, 2012
Most the time i balance my bank at the end of the shift. I learn to deal with many different people every day.
Pros
free break, range to one hour, out of eight hours work a day.
Cons
health care and employees 401(k) retirement plan.
Fun workplace with strong views on guest service.
Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMarch 9, 2012
I have been a part of the Barona team for 13 years. I have learned an awful lot.
Pros
benefits, pay and flexibility in department
Cons
no avenue for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barona Resort & Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4