Barona Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

My favorite work place
GUESS ROOM ATTENTANT (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAAugust 30, 2017
a fast paste job.I learned to be very detailed to my work and enjoyed it while I am doing it. Management were my best negetive and positive in hotel when things needed done. It was so much fun playing while working.My co Worker came from all across the world and they were great to work with. the most hardest was keeping up with 13 rooms . the most enjoyable part was making friends and getting the jobs completed.
Fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJuly 17, 2017
Very fun place to work lots of benifits, also lots of drama like back in high school but if you like that type of environment this is the place for you
Fun place to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMay 23, 2017
Fun place to work. I learned a lot working in the casino is a great place to work, I will recommend this place to every one. they really care about you.
Pros
Fair
Cons
N/a
Wonderful
Host/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAApril 24, 2017
When you work in food and beverage dept. in the casino, you dont really have much of a personal life. The hours are long but the pay is good, plus tips. Everyone worked together when they could, management tried to do their best spreading themselves thin at times, but they tried their hardest.
This was a good job
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMarch 30, 2017
I made a lot of good money as a slot cashier attendent and made a lot of great friends, some of which I'm still friends with 16 years later. There were a lot of opportunities to transfer departments and advance to a higher position.
Great family like
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMarch 2, 2017
Wonderful company to be with for the longevity of ones career. Great for entry level and opportunity n the world of business and casino/gaming lifestyle. Over 51% of the market place all based upon word of mouth really tell you something about the company itself
Online Poker Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAFebruary 20, 2017
This is one of the best places I've ever worked. The staff, from cleaners to the CEO are all knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

The staff goes out of their way to make each and every customer feel like this is an extension of their family, and it works.
outstanding facilitie
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Very caring owners and management. extensive training given to all staff members, especially to customer service staff. staff recognition events on going each month. excellent health and wellness programs
Pros
free lunches and holiday celebrations staff oriented freebies
Cons
busy and dangerous curvy road
Professional place to work
Waiter (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2016
Management was always motivating, assisting and maintained service standards. Co-workers always assisted each other. It was a fun place to work as it was enjoyable to work along a great team which is only possible by maintaining the family culture Barona provided.
Pros
Salary and tips
Cons
distance
Its okay for a starter job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJuly 12, 2016
The management is constantly a mess, securities constantly leave. In a short way to describe how they treat their securities is if you're not one their favorites they don't treat you like you matter at all. For needing to gain experience its okay but otherwise I would recommend the casino but for any other position. Getting to help people and getting their gratitude is the best part which makes it all worth it. Ask anyone in another position if they would go to security and they would 100% say no.
Pros
lunch buffet is 3$
Cons
health coverage
Great Company
Kitchen Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMarch 24, 2016
Barona was a great place where I learn lots of things. I learned to work on hot side of kitchen work in commercial buildings.
Great Place to Work!
Senior AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, CANovember 5, 2015
I'm looking to move into a supervisory position, which I have worked with other companies in the past.
I completely enjoy multi-tasking and helping my co-workers with items they need assistance.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No room for advancement
They take care of their own
N/A (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, CAOctober 7, 2015
I work on the Hotel side of the property and have Zero complaints about the company, management, or benefits. The managers really have the employees backs and treat us as human beings.

It can be hard to get time off because we seem to be perpetually understaffed and it can be very emotionally taxing at times because guests are not always the nicest people.

I would have to say overall it is a great job with good pay and benefits, and a great group of people to work with.
Pros
Cheap/delicious food, great culture, great benefits and pay
Cons
not good work/life balance
Exciting and customer service oriented
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CASeptember 25, 2015
Constant interaction with other departments' employees and patrons created a diverse and positive experience. Friendly co-workers and supervisors always ready to help made this a fun and comfortable job.
Best Job Experience Ever
Real Players Club Host (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Barona Casino was the best place i have ever work for! the job was exciting, the people were nice and the company treated it's employees wonderful.
Fun and exciting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAAugust 24, 2014
It all depends on the shift you get to work. I was in the swing shift and it was busy and fast paced. Something new every day.
Valet supervisor
Valet & Shuttle Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJuly 26, 2014
Valet & Shuttle Supervisor
 Greet arriving and departing guests. Opens passenger door and offers assistance, if appropriate.
 Provide claim check and instructs guests on how to reclaim vehicle.
 Park guest vehicles in specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
 Retrieve customer vehicles from specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
 Provide travel directions and information on property events and promotions.
 Provide accurate and timely documentation and reports of departmental activities and status including claim checks, vehicle damage, statements, and conditions with require attention and or repair. Obeys all traffic laws on and off property.
 Provide general supervision to valet attendants in order to ensure efficient valet operations.
Great place to work. Fun oriented culture property wide.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMarch 29, 2014
Very friendly management team. Great place to work at the entry level position. Management has their hands full as there is essentially no HR.Beautiful property and great benefits, such as PTO, Full medical and dental.
Pros
Paid 1 hour break, Great benefits, Beautiful property
Cons
Long drive unless you live in east county, Job security. smoke
Fun job being a blackjack dealer, lots of personalities.
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJanuary 20, 2014
I really did enjoy this job, I just couldn't handle the hours anymore. working 2am to 10am. I loved the dealing cards part, and meeting so many different types of people from all over the world. I got to be myself, professional, yet still have fun and be outgoing, social, and make people laugh and have a good time. I was to maintain the integrity of the job itself, make sure there was no cheating, and people were respectful to each other at the table, as well as chip management, making sure I had the right amounts in the tray and were paying out the right amounts when players won.
Fun resort to work for
Vault Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CASeptember 13, 2013
Great place for those who are looking to advance. Management in most areas is great and encourages advancement. Employee lunch room is amazing and getting paid for hour of lunch is great. You go to work for eight hours but only have to work seven since the other hour is used for lunch. Only problem is the shifts, dont get stuck with graveyard or you will be sleeping all day and never see anyone.
Pros
Hour lunch that is paid, great pay, easy to advance
Cons
Graveyard shift, really far to get too