Barr-Nunn Transportation

Barr-Nunn Transportation Employee Reviews

Just a bad company
Driver (Former Employee), youngstown OH.January 25, 2015
Cons: they are still in business.
I was hired here while going through chemo. They offered hometime every other week so, it fit my chemo schedule perfectly. While in orientation, they had me write a letter explaining my medical condition, as well as providing my doctors note releasing me for work (I was 39 years old at the time).
So, working here for 9 months was nothing short of a nightmare; 4 days without a load, dispatchers telling me to drive illegal, bad equipment. Anyways, at about my 9th month there and, 3 months before I was to be put on their medical insurance, I received a call from HR (from the same woman that had me write the note about having cancer), telling me that I never informed them about having cancer and I would be terminated the next time I took an extra day off due to chemo. It was then that dispatch started to refused to get me home for my chemo session which, was on normal hometime. Is was at this time I decided to leave on my own.
On the pay side, because of their long waits for a load, you can expect your pay checks to be between $400-$700 a week. This is just a bad company all around.
Not much respect for drivers
otr driver (Former Employee), MidwestJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: decent miles and pay
Cons: just a number as a driver.
Was let go because a minor accident in truckstop. Safety didn't want to hear my side of the incident.just be careful they will fire you for small things.
truck leasing
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Granger, IAJune 12, 2014
awful company to work for. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, COMPANY.
Overall a good place to work.
Regional Area Freight Coordinator (Current Employee), Granger, IAApril 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and bonsuses
Cons: micro managed
Good co-workers and is a good place to work. Start salaries start off low but quarterly bonus helps make up for low salaries. Their paid time off is not competitive even for the industry. Easy to separate work and how life which is nice.
Great Company , highly recommend
OTR driver, dry van '53 trl (Current Employee), Granger, IAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: the staff, makes life easier
Cons: no freightliners
This is the best company I have ever worked for . Hometime is great , the money is good , bonuses are there before you know it , office staff are unbelievably caring, little downtime , constant runs , company works well if having issues to deal with at home.
do not worf for these peoplr
otr driver (Former Employee), iaNovember 19, 2013
they don't care about the drivers just want u to make the money so the ceo can go on is many of trips out of town
Good place to work with good people
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Granger, IAOctober 19, 2013
Held many positions and worked with good people. Still friends with many of the people I used to work with.
company is a waste
driver (Former Employee), Granger, IAOctober 8, 2013
Cons: ins., pay, equip.
corporation was not understanding between driver and company employees. company was more concerned about the money aspect than drivers.
Fun place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Granger, IAMay 5, 2012
It was a fun place to work....i like the people that i worked with except my boss....we didnt always agree on things which is never good....
it was okay
Class A OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Granger, IAMay 2, 2012
Barr nunn offers very little, if any, job security. myself and a friend were terminated after a very minor incident, 4 me it was a red light camera incident in the snow where It wasn't a good idea to stop . it was thrown out of court and that's something that doesn't show on your driving record, they received a video, and fired me. I have a squeaky clean driving record. So did the other driver who was the friend. he received a ticket in indiana for not maintaining lane control, he denied it asuntrue, and wanted to fight the ticket, he had no other incidents and they fired him right before he was to receive his bonus. who knows what was going on doing the month of february at Barr Nunn.. b very careful don't trust them

About Barr-Nunn Transportation

When it comes to long-haul trucking, Barr-Nunn Transportation¬†aims to be¬†the best, bar none. The dry van truckload carrier provides – Read more

Barr-Nunn Transportation Salaries