Barr-Nunn Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

I would recommend this company to others.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Granger IASeptember 29, 2015
I got plenty of work. Management worked with me to get home when needed in addition to every weekend. For the most part I knew what I was going to do from one day to the next. If I ran out of hours they worked with me. I got along just fine with my fellow drivers. The customers liked me because given sufficient time I delivered on time.
Pros
I knew pretty much what I would do during the week.
Cons
Difficult weather conditions
ok company
Over the Road Truck Driver/ Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Granger, IASeptember 10, 2015
ok company to work for good pay great miles for solo drivers as for teams miles suck and they run you like a slolo good home time
Pros
good equipment
Cons
no miles
Not a good place to work as a driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte ncMay 31, 2015
Run don't walk from this company. Went to work for them as a Florida regional driver and all the recruiting ads promised weekends off. Very untrue. They left me stranded in Charlotte mc where they have a tiny little yard with a porta potty and no access to anything else. Office staff leaves for the weekend and does not come back until Monday. When I asked dispatch what happened to every weekend off they said they didn't have anything going to Florida and wanted me to run over the weekend. Them saying every weekend off is just a ruse to get you thru the door then I guess they fiqure your going to accept it. I called my wife and she drove 550 miles to pick me up. That is how much it was worth to me to get away from this company. If you decide to sign on don't say I didn't warn you. Also they say you will run fl ga and to only. This is a lie. They want to run you in the Midwest and northeast but only pay you regional wages and not over the road wages. Just not a good company to work for gentleman. Avoid at all costs
Just a bad company
Driver (Former Employee) –  youngstown OH.January 25, 2015
I was hired here while going through chemo. They offered hometime every other week so, it fit my chemo schedule perfectly. While in orientation, they had me write a letter explaining my medical condition, as well as providing my doctors note releasing me for work (I was 39 years old at the time).
So, working here for 9 months was nothing short of a nightmare; 4 days without a load, dispatchers telling me to drive illegal, bad equipment. Anyways, at about my 9th month there and, 3 months before I was to be put on their medical insurance, I received a call from HR (from the same woman that had me write the note about having cancer), telling me that I never informed them about having cancer and I would be terminated the next time I took an extra day off due to chemo. It was then that dispatch started to refused to get me home for my chemo session which, was on normal hometime. Is was at this time I decided to leave on my own.
On the pay side, because of their long waits for a load, you can expect your pay checks to be between $400-$700 a week. This is just a bad company all around.
Cons
they are still in business.
Overall a good place to work.
Regional Area Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Granger, IAApril 27, 2014
Good co-workers and is a good place to work. Start salaries start off low but quarterly bonus helps make up for low salaries. Their paid time off is not competitive even for the industry. Easy to separate work and how life which is nice.
Pros
great co-workers and bonsuses
Cons
micro managed
Great Company , highly recommend
OTR driver, dry van '53 trl (Current Employee) –  Granger, IAJanuary 9, 2014
This is the best company I have ever worked for . Hometime is great , the money is good , bonuses are there before you know it , office staff are unbelievably caring, little downtime , constant runs , company works well if having issues to deal with at home.
Pros
the staff, makes life easier
Cons
no freightliners
do not worf for these peoplr
otr driver (Former Employee) –  iaNovember 19, 2013
they don't care about the drivers just want u to make the money so the ceo can go on is many of trips out of town
Good place to work with good people
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Granger, IAOctober 19, 2013
Held many positions and worked with good people. Still friends with many of the people I used to work with.
company is a waste
driver (Former Employee) –  Granger, IAOctober 8, 2013
corporation was not understanding between driver and company employees. company was more concerned about the money aspect than drivers.
Cons
ins., pay, equip.
Fun place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Granger, IAMay 5, 2012
It was a fun place to work....i like the people that i worked with except my boss....we didnt always agree on things which is never good....
it was okay
Class A OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Granger, IAMay 2, 2012
Barr nunn offers very little, if any, job security. myself and a friend were terminated after a very minor incident, 4 me it was a red light camera incident in the snow where It wasn't a good idea to stop . it was thrown out of court and that's something that doesn't show on your driving record, they received a video, and fired me. I have a squeaky clean driving record. So did the other driver who was the friend. he received a ticket in indiana for not maintaining lane control, he denied it asuntrue, and wanted to fight the ticket, he had no other incidents and they fired him right before he was to receive his bonus. who knows what was going on doing the month of february at Barr Nunn.. b very careful don't trust them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barr-Nunn Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9