Barracuda Networks Employee Reviews

good place to start
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 11, 2016
this is a good place to start and really understand how the networking world works, I have learned everything from backups, archiving and email security. It is a great experience.
My job is repetitive, my position is a stepping stone.
Contact center representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 25, 2016
This is that kind of job, where you come in, you do your job, you leave. Just do you're job right, no micro managing (adults), just do your job and carry on with your life.
Entry-level
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 31, 2016
Good for someone who is looking to get an entry-level position in the field and gain some experience for growth needed to advance.
Great Company to work for
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 24, 2016
Not much to say really, I loved working at Barracuda. I made life long friends from working here. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Great working environment. Career growth is easy here.
Cons
Salary is not always on par with industry. They do make up for it with benefits though.
Good place to start
Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 22, 2016
This is a good company to get some experience at. High turnaround of support techs. Not a lot of people stick around once they figure out how much they can make somewhere else, but they will give you a good place to start in the field
Was a great place to work! Miss the people the most!
Custmer Account Representative/Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 14, 2016
A day at Barracuda is work hard and play hard! I did not know a thing when I started in 2012. I got my mad skills form there. My co-workers were great
Pros
Learned a lot.
Cons
Was capped at 150% on commission and I always went over!
This is a good company to work for.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 12, 2016
This is a awesome company to work for. Barracuda Networks needs some adjustments to be a top IT company able to compete with other companies like HP or Dell.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
If you have a hard time figuring out an issue they have a figure it out yourself mentality.
cool place
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 29, 2016
pretty gnarly place. very hip, catering to the younger crowd . Fresh out of school. But awesome people for sure. Its a great place to start your IT career. thats a fact.
Great place to learn and grow, not competitive for compensation.
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAAugust 23, 2016
Good atmosphere, great people, pretty reasonable management. Willing to take a risk on hiring employees without extensive experience and then a pretty good place to learn. Some egos will need to be dealt with, but mostly the drama is kept to a minimum.
Pros
Free lunches Mon-Wed, Gym, free beer at the bar
Cons
Compensation packages are below market
great environment and people.
Content Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 8, 2016
great flexible work environment. coworkers work hard and when projects are completed they know how to celebrate. day in and day out we help protect peoples network through real time spam analysis and categorization. I've learned a multitude of things such as command line execution, spam analyzing, How to interact with customers in a professional manner , Problem solving while working alone on projects as well as within a small team/group.
Pros
great medical, dental plans. facility has food, drinks and recreational game tables:pool, ping pong and shuffleboard.
Cons
parking at facility is a struggle.
Great place to interact and learn a lot from the technical side of things.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 5, 2016
A typical day consists of assisting customers with various technical issues as it pertains to the Barracuda Backup Server. I have great co-workers that operate effectively and efficiently as a team. Overall it's a very laid back environment which offers some cool amenities such as arcade games, a ping pong table, and 25 cent vending machines.
Barracuda offers opportunities for anyone with the knowledge and drive to move ahead in a technical venue. Benefits are excellent, excellent managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2016
Barracuda Networks offers a starting place for anyone in either customer service or IT networking. Training is available to anyone who choices to advance in sales, Tech support or Customer Service.
Pros
free lunches, occasional tickets to local professional athletic events, movies, concerts
Cons
Bay Area is an expensive place to live
Fun place to work
Technical Support Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 26, 2016
It s a relaxed atmosphere to work in. The dress code is very informal. You see employees in shorts, sandals, Jeans and T-shirt, good place to start out at the entry level technical support. The hardest part was that there is favoritism within the co-workers. some tech support people will not help you. We only get half hour lunch. ...Most enjoyable part is that you are in the hub of Ann Arbor where there are many good eatery's for lunch..
Pros
Free good Coffee, Free Wednesday Bagels, downtown Ann Arbor, good places to eat lunch
Cons
low pay to start, almost no breaks, very busy
Dont work here
Tier 1B support technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 20, 2016
IT slavery, no advancement strategy. If you feel like working hard, but to only get told that you cannot move up into the company. You have to literally quit and then re apply to the desired department in order to progress.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
everything else
solid technology, great people, fast paced
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 28, 2015
Enjoyed starting as the 10th employee in the company and 2nd in command in the marketing department. Very hands off and was able to run with a lot of ideas and bring them to fruition. Really exciting environment and smart people.
No longer an engineering-driven company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 23, 2015
There are some extremely talented people, but sales dominates the culture. Process took over at the expense of innovation. New talent is very difficult to attract.
Fun Place to Work with Very Smart People
Content Intelligence Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CANovember 11, 2015
The management is very smart and I believe will drive the company to even further success in the future. Management also cares about individual success of their employees. Very young average working age within the company. Free food for lunch and everyone is great at communicating.
The work place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CANovember 4, 2015
OK place to get started, most coworkers are good to work with. The job requires knowledge working with Linux, networking topology and IP addressing. A better understanding of the concepts after limited schooling and training.
Pros
free lunch main offices
Cons
advancement slow
Short Short
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 15, 2015
Honestly, I love working here. They group of people I work with are awesome, and it's a great place to learn. However, the pay isn't that great and you need to really step it up if you want to move and advance.
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Stress, low pay
Review
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 13, 2015
Good place to start. I enjoyed the people there. But it's time to move on and start a new chapter. I hope everyone well that I meet there
Pros
Na
Cons
NA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barracuda Networks. Our community is ready to answer.