Barrette Outdoor Living

Barrette Outdoor Living Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 3, 2016
Overall good company to work for. Benefits are good and atmosphere is business casual. Co-workers and management staff are friendly.
very interesting work
Industrial Designer (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJuly 14, 2016
Very likable people, always professional, was a good place to work. Every project that I presented was met with both praise and constructive criticism. I never felt like I was being held back from a design stand point.
Pros
Decent hours, Interesting projects, broaden my horizons of what is design.
Cons
Little communication between me and some people that were in charge
Great
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJMay 13, 2016
this is a great job . I'm always busy and i love every minute of it. my co-workers are very friendly and we all work as a team. If you enjoy hardworking then you would love this job
Good Pay For a Hardworking Day
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNMay 12, 2016
I have gained so much mechanical experience at Barrette Outdoor Living. The days are long and hard work, but it is one of the top paid places in my area.
Company is a revoling door of Tempoary workers
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAMay 5, 2016
Company has a long standing of using around five different temp. services to hire from. Most people who come to plant do not make it through the first week. Department supervisors are not trained to value their employees for knowledge or experience. If you ask to many questions or suggest a more efficient way of working you will be singled out and frowned upon. The supervisor's will implement the suggestion you make and take full credit for it more often than not. Company only wants the entry level employee so they can stay under budget for the facility. Very few employees been there more than 5 years. Management and supervisors will offer little instruction and quick to blame you if anything goes wrong, or if a deadline is missed. Most departments work six and seven days a week.
Very stressful place to work and little to no place for advancement.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Supervisor's under trained and not knowageble about processes.
Very Scary place to work!
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Nation wideApril 21, 2016
If you like to work in an atmosphere where everybody is scared of being get FIRED! then this place for you.
They fire people left and right with out a care if you have a family, mortgage or any other life financial needs. One review I read here said it the best "If its slow and not to much work the head hunters come out". Also it seems like they don't like people who has a good noodle on their shoulders, they want yes sir, no sir, what ever you want sir. It's not a typical company from the States the company is from Canada and they have a way different way of ethics as far as treating their employees. I'm not trying to bash them I'm really not, but I just don't like how they treat the employees and that company needs to be fined or restructured.

"I AM TERMINATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT AS OF NOW"
Cons
Hostile and full of drama
Leadman (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNMarch 26, 2016
The atmosphere created by the management is uncomfortable to say the least. You need to belong to certain groups to advance. Hard work and knowledge grant you nothing so long as you do not have a silver tongue.
all in all not a bad company
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAMay 17, 2015
barrette isn't a bad place to work the only issue I would have if any is theres not really much opportunity to move up. you almost get a feeling of being stuck in one place.
Absolutely Horrible!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Perdergrass GeorgiaMay 5, 2015
This is one of those places that hires in people as temps to get their back log of work caught up then eliminates positions that fulfilled the need. Lots of cronyism with established personnel but no hope of ever getting a permanent job. Managers start walking the floor looking for any infractions to liquidate people when work is caught up,even to the point of plant manager observing floor and workers. Place is a fear factory! Lots of over time to start but when work is caught up the head hunters come out in force. If you are looking for work, look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
long hours, short breaks, supervisors always watching
Productive and exciting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 11, 2015
a typical day here would be receiving new contracts, entering information into computer to create sales orders, processing payments via credit cards or checks, making folders, filing folders, making copies, making new packages and mailing them via fedex for company dealers.
Pros
day went really fast because you were so busy
Cons
winter time was slow
Barrette is Training Central
Electro-Mechanic Tech (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNJanuary 18, 2015
Barrette has trained many employees in the East TN area. Barrette trains and terminates many employees per year.
Barrette management and supervision seem to enjoy terminating employees in all departments with little to no regard to how long they have spent training the employee or how long it will take to train a new employee.
This is made possible by a hand full of people who will work numerous hours of overtime to make up for those who have been terminated.
At Barrette, you are better off to do nothing than to attempt to do anything and fail. Those with little work ethic seem to thrive at Barrette. If you are an individual who has no problem passing your work on to other employees, you will do quite well there.
Pros
goof offs, comedians, good ole boys do well at barrette, decent pay
Cons
work alone, good work ethic is frowned upon.
interesting place to work
Machine Adjuster/ Processor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 13, 2015
i had fun here while it lasted. It took forever to get the raises promised and to get in the door. biggest downside was not knowing if the doors were going to close or not. but i learned quite a bit and it seemed like it set me on the right path in life.
Rapidly growing, innovative thinking manfacturing company becoming the market leader in their industry
National Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNDecember 14, 2014
Barrette had a good, clean work environment for all employees. Barrette had a very friendly atmosphere with most anyone willing to give a helping hand when needed.
Through experience, I was able to grow with my increased responsibilities and learn more about my field.
Barrette is an industry leader in their product division and will continue with innovation to retain their position.
A friendly workplace
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 10, 2014
While I was at Barrette everyone there treated me fairly. There was no rude remarks or whispers. They treated me like a friend.
very fast paced.good place to work.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNOctober 12, 2014
fast paced.co-workers were great .Learned quite a bit about computers.
Opportunities for Advancement
Supervisor Hector Vega (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 6, 2014
Start at 6 am and don't stop until 3:30 pm
ability to train new hires
Pros
great supervisor role model
Cons
seasonal work only
Decent paid but management needs improving.
Automation Technician (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNJanuary 16, 2014
Dirty job and work environment at times, but not too bad. Management led by intimidation and work off the "Buddy System". My co-workers are good to work with.
Pros
decent paid
Cons
moral is low!
Fast paced workplace
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAOctober 29, 2013
Assembling panels for fences.
How to use a large channel break press.
Fast response from management in regaurds to any issues.
Co-workers were friendly and focused.
Hardest part of job was working in the paint room.
Learning new things every day about various departments was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
good pay, consistant work.
Cons
temp assingment
Productive place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 30, 2013
In working for B. O. L. I learned several things about running an injection molding machine, the people i worked with were nice and management was alright and the job assignments were very easy to learn.
Pros
There was a lot of team work making sure quality products were produced.
Cons
Temporary /Seasonal Position not alot of room for advancement.
fun, productive
Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  morristownSeptember 12, 2013
great place, awesome people, really family enviroment. people are treated fairly. everyone knows what they are suppose to do each day and everyone helpd each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrette Outdoor Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5