Barrette Outdoor Living Employee Reviews

Hard job.
Packer (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 20, 2017
Work was hard. Standing on your feet for 12 hours a shift.You was bending and lifting 20+ pounds all night.Not very good working conditions, hot in the summer and cold in the winter.Management not very involved.
Pros
Cons
Bad working conditions.
N/a
Sampler (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNJuly 8, 2017
buen trabajo fácil me guStaba mucho mi trabajo pero los supervisores se pusieron más malo
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for barrette outdoor living. Started off as a packer, and slowly but surely worked my way into the company and up in the ranks. This was one of the best jobs I've had since I've started working. Great place, great people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
"Never much love when we go OT"
Welder (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJMay 17, 2017
If you love OT , then this place is the place for you, if you don't then it might get frustrating at times.. They have come all long way at this plant in NJ but now they seem to be making promises to customers for gates that they can't keep without overworking certain departments, their schedule of the work load can be confusing at times when they swap them without saying anything, but my coworkers were a good bunch and to be honest they have great benefits but is it worth it? Guess you'll have to find out
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Over load of work
Good company to work for
Special Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 10, 2017
Treats employees well. Not a lot of room for advancement unfortunately. Used to be a lot more perks but they have slowly disappeared over the years.
stressful
Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJMay 8, 2017
This location has only been running a little more than a year. It is productive but there are still some bumps in the road. Employee morale is low and there are many complaints about the low pay.
Bad supervisors
wood shop worker (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJMarch 30, 2017
The supervisor used bad language all the time , but took his time stopping the language. Other than the one manager it was a good place to work and the fellow employees where great..
Great opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJMarch 22, 2017
This company really gives opportunities for career growth. They focus on employee morale and engagement that focuses on a health lifestyle. Great on-site gym!
Pros
Free on-site gym
Cons
Hard work really pays off...but thats really not a con!
Good place to work.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNMarch 18, 2017
A typical day at work is stressful, but fulfilling. Very diverse workplace culture which I really enjoy. The hardest part of my job isn't the job at all, it's working 12 hour night shift and not being able to see my family. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people, building a team. Also thinking three steps ahead of every person and every job, it's l
Pros
I like the job I do.
Cons
Night shift.
Shipping Clerk
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Management completely disgusting, unprofessional and unorganized. Treat people poorly. Avoid working for this wack company.
Pros
Cons
Awful and poor staff at human resources and management. They are complete liars!!
Awful Company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJFebruary 7, 2017
The hiring ad says one thing, but once hired and working, they say another. Company NOT organized and inventory not managed properly. Their computer system is outdated and the only people not set to hard-work are the management whom are rarely seen mingling with the production workers who bust their backs everyday for a company in which they are not actually working for but only temps.
Pros
Cons
They are liars
pin pong
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNFebruary 6, 2017
I went thur a temp service and got pulled and push around and the mannagment treated you like poorly they would lie to you and they said I was full time and I was never full time
Will run you down to the bone and then some
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Long grating hours. Severe holiday overtime that results in a huge overlap between work and life. Company uses a temp agency for most employees, you work full-time(!) doing the same work as an actual hire for less pay and bare minimum benefits. Superiors are extremely difficult to get in contact with and are almost never there when you need them, even outside of work. I was laid off after only two months on the job as a result of all attempts to contact Barrette's temp agency failing. I was removed without notice or communication. Would not recommend to anyone who isn't a masochist.
Healthy work enviroment
Electro-Mechanical Technician, I (Current Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TN 37711January 30, 2017
Overall, it is a good place to work, they seem concerned for your safety. Management in different departments seem to have communication issues.
Pros
12 hour shift, 4 days a week
Cons
pay could be better
Great job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work.manangment is awesome. The benefits are great and the union rocks.Thumbs 👆 to Barrett outdoor living
You will regret it...No seriously
Hi-Lo Driver/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 16, 2017
Hard non stop working the whole eight hours, one ten minute break and a twenty minute luch. Worked their for years with just one raise. Co-workers tell all day about everything honestly no earplugs tell on you, clock out for lunch and leave tell on you. But if you need a job and you have felonies out the wazoo or just getting out of prison then this job is for you. Bye the way the everyone is either related or married so if you do get this job you will regret it.....
Pros
Having a job but if your not fired you will quit
Cons
No health care or 401k plan short breaks and no raises
productive
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNDecember 21, 2016
I would work very hard to meat quota everyday and each day I did they would raise the quota higher the next day. It set me up. For failure from the start.
Pros
Cons
short breaks.
Barrette (Galloway)
shipping (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJDecember 21, 2016
Be careful quitting a job to go here they let on you are getting hired by the temp and when you finish 500 hrs your will be a Barrette employee but it doesn't happen they hire to meet a product quota and let you go. But they will tell you they aren't laying you off or firing you and you never hear from them again but they advertise for work everyday. NOT A GOOD COMPANY.
Pros
nothing
Cons
letting go for no reason
Productive place to work with great benefits
Ups packing clerk (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNDecember 10, 2016
I enjoyed this job because its fast pase. There are great employees throughout the entire company. There are also great team leaders that will explain anything that you need to know and also show you have to do something if you don't know how to do it.
decent place to work
Customer Service, Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 29, 2016
first, it was only a job temporary. then since i never missed a day of work, they brought me in full time. the managers were a little lazy but other then that a nice work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrette Outdoor Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9