Barrick Gold Corporation Employee Reviews

Awesome Job
Industrial Hygiene Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVApril 11, 2016
Great place to work at. Enjoying my learning experience. Very willing to give new graduates an opportunity to learn. Just too far away from my home in Montana.
Hard work but good pay
E&I Intern (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 13, 2016
I don't feel qualified to answer the ratings section as I am only an intern and don't receive any of the benefits of a full time employee.
I can say that as an intern they have worked with me to get school supplies as long as I asked far enough in advance. They are also very accommodating as far as getting time off for extra study time or finishing up large projects.
As for the actual work, they are not shy about getting your hand dirty. I have been part of several electrical projects large and small. when I am at work they expect me to pull my weight as though I was a full time employee.
Great place
Warranty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 1, 2016
Nice people and a class mine. Co-workers were great. Management has changed a lot and environment keeps changing. This was a very Team oriented mine, and safety was the largest of the concerns.
Benefits
Cons
too many changes
Good Place to work
pdm tech (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 27, 2016
Good place to work with great pay and benefits. Get in the right job and position and you could make it great out there. the atmosphere on a typical day is good
Great place o work would love to go back to work for them or any company that has equal standards and goals.
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 21, 2016
Great place to work would love to go back to work for them or any company that has equal standards and goals. Co-workers are great we all formed as a team and even made good friends outside of work.
Barrick was well managed but in my opinion needs a little more help with who they are putting in charge of what, example, bringing in a pit boss supervisor in as an underground supervisor or vise versa when him or her have never been either or, i would say if someone wants to learn the other fields and aspects of mining to bring them in as a lower entry level miner first then working towards the harder tasked job s such as safety, supervisor, foreman or management.
Productive, and Great place to learn the mining industry trough different departments.
Inventory Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Ely, NVFebruary 19, 2016
Productive and good job experience and learning in the mining business. Stayed busy throughout the shifts with job duties and housekeeping. Learned how to work in the process plant at the roaster and working through the circuits of the process chain. Enjoyed the experience of learning this type of work and there was a great group of people to work with. started out in 2007 and transferred to Bald Mountain site in 2009 and started working in the warehouse as a tech. Job duties loading and off loading of trucks and receiving and shipping procedures, putting away stock and direct charge parts, pulling parts orders for departments when needed. then worked my way up into the Inventory Control position in 2013.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Challenging and good place to work
Mobile Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Cortez, NVFebruary 4, 2016
Planning for a fleet of haul trucks including back-log work and upcoming component changes. The challenge of working here keeps me going.
Good Learning Experiance
Neutralization Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pueblo Viejo, Dominican RepublicJanuary 31, 2016
Learned basic to intermediate Spanish and new supervision techniques.
Work environment was challenging
Management was good
Co-workers were very knowledgeable
Lived in the Caribbean
Pros
Good Benifits and good salary
Cons
Lack of family time worked alot
Loved my duties
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVDecember 21, 2015
good place to work. do not like the place I live.
learned plenty from co-workers that have 10 to 20 years of experience. devolved a professional safety record
great pay and benefits, but not fun work in the least bit
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 24, 2015
honestly it was a great place to work, however unless you can do shiftwork and handle 16-18 hour days (12hours work betwen 2-4hours bus ride to site) it doesnt make life any easier and makes it hard to maintain a personal relationship with yourself and your significant others.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
hours compaired to personal time, no set break schedule etc
Family Orianated, fun job
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 10, 2015
Safety meetings every morning, good group of people top work with. Good amount of politics and red tape with such a large company. Excellent insurance, 401k and life insurance. Company will send anyone to get more training and has an outstanding Mine Rescue Team. Most enjoyable is that you become like family with the crews.
Pros
excellent benifits
Great experience working at Barrick
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2015
Barrick has been a great company to work for. I have been given many opportunities to grow and learn new things while working here. Barrick has had a great work environment.
Good working enviroment
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Elko nvNovember 4, 2015
I loved working for Barrick and only left due to the hours, which made finishing my BAS harder. It was a safe working condition considering that it is a mine and for the most part, the bosses were great. Pay was good and benefits were even better.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and future.
Cons
Hours and schedule
Due to the ground structure, work was very hard.
Underground miner (Former Employee) –  Golconda, NVNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed the camaraderie, the sweating and fulfillment of accomplishment. The company gave me a sense of unlimited potential of strength, stamina, and knowledge of a mining operations. I worked with some experienced miners that were not afraid to share their experiences with me, the junior guy.
Pros
To feel a part of a team
Cons
To know that in a few years my will deteriote.
Became unsafe at the time and thats why I changed jobs.
Undergroundminer (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVOctober 21, 2015
Working with coworkers and learning how the mining cycle was produced was a great benefit. Management for the most part worked reasonably with the miners.
Pros
Hourly wage. Benefits.
Cons
Saftety track record.
Great place to work with lots of opportunities
Wet Mill / Autoclave Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVOctober 20, 2015
Barrick was a great place to work and presents a great deal of opportunities to improve, progress and gain new knowledge in different mining fields. Barrick has the best safety focused culture of any mine that I have experienced working for.
Pros
Very safety minded employer with lots of opportunities.
Good Company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVSeptember 29, 2015
Strong company with excellent values and wonderful training, compensation, and safety culture. Safety actually takes precedence over production in this unique company.
Pros
excellent people
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Good company, but it hires the wrong people
Open Pit Mining Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 24, 2015
People working in this mine site are not what you expect for a company like this. The people is qualified but does not have interpersonal skills.
Pros
People with experience
Cons
Underestimate people
Professional and Team oriented Work Environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2015
Enjoy my job here. Love working with the other employees. Very sad that they will be closing down this job effective November 30th and that I will no longer have a job after that date.
Very enjoyable job with great benefits
Mine Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 10, 2015
Overall great company to work for, travel was about 3 1/2 hours a day to and from the site that is about the only down side. Pretty good schedule 4 days on and 4 days off
Pros
Bonus every three months and culture was awesome
Cons
Travel to the site

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrick Gold Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3