Barrick Gold Corporation

Barrick Gold Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Due to the ground structure, work was very hard.
Underground miner (Former Employee) –  Golconda, NVNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed the camaraderie, the sweating and fulfillment of accomplishment. The company gave me a sense of unlimited potential of strength, stamina, and knowledge of a mining operations. I worked with some experienced miners that were not afraid to share their experiences with me, the junior guy.
Pros
To feel a part of a team
Cons
To know that in a few years my will deteriote.
Loved my duties
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVDecember 21, 2015
good place to work. do not like the place I live.
learned plenty from co-workers that have 10 to 20 years of experience. devolved a professional safety record
Great experience working at Barrick
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2015
Barrick has been a great company to work for. I have been given many opportunities to grow and learn new things while working here. Barrick has had a great work environment.
Very enjoyable job with great benefits
Mine Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 10, 2015
Overall great company to work for, travel was about 3 1/2 hours a day to and from the site that is about the only down side. Pretty good schedule 4 days on and 4 days off
Pros
Bonus every three months and culture was awesome
Cons
Travel to the site
Productive, with a high regard for Safety
Autoclave Lead hand/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dominican RepublicOctober 3, 2013
I have worked at a few Barrick properties and all have a high regard for safety. Their benefits are on the better end of most employers and overall care for their employees.
benefits
Cons
management
Productive and safe workplace
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Republic, MOMay 25, 2015
Typical day at work:
Morning meeting in which we have a safety topic and discuss relevant topics for the day and week.
Review integration issues with Ivara
Manage projects; meetings, requisitions, trainings, project charter, etc
Give support to users with problems they have or with improvements

What I've learned:
I've learned a lot about maintenance reliability, quality tools and project management

Co-workers:
This is the best part of my job, I have an excellent team work, they are all excellent professional that live in a continuous research to do their work better, we share our knowledge and help each other in what we can. My boss have a lot of experience in the area and handover all his knowledge to us, also he is a great coaching

Hardest part:
Keep calm while dealing with stakeholders; in our case process operations and process maintenance

Enjoyable part:
See the results of our effort, see how the KPI's shows our progress.
Pros
Transportation, lunch bonus, vacation bonus, healthcare insurance, training
Cons
short break, long working day, no equity
Interesting place to work
Mobile Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  NevadaOctober 7, 2014
I learned a lot about the process of gold mining and the details it takes to keep everything running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
job site 2 hours from home.
Senior Corporate leadership over extended the company financially
Senior Manager Capital Projrcts (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT, Elko, NVMay 5, 2015
Poor planning at the corporate level with weak execution of capital growth. Taking to much risk with little or no analysis for contingencies and management risk reserves needed for market changes.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
poor senior leadership
Good Job
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  Golconda, NVOctober 26, 2013
Work is fun and the managment is all about saftey so there is no concerns with working in that type of industry. There is no complants with the company they give you all full benifits package with plenty of time off paid vacation, and a competive salary.
Pros
fun work, days off, money
Cons
bus ride out to work
this is a good company to work for
Equipment Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 30, 2015
I enjoy running equipment. I have worked with many different people over the years and feel that I can get along well with everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the progress I can make moving the material. This process is a team effort. The hardest part is getting others to see this as a team effort.
Pros
a week off every month
Cons
rotating shifts
Underground Miner
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 19, 2014
Operate equipment. Worked long hours. Great team environment. Was able to get trained on equipment pretty fast.
benefits
Hard working and energetic
Heavy Equipment Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Workshop/FieldJuly 20, 2015
My co-workers are very well coming and they help me when i need asistance,learning every day.I really enjoyed working at this company in the sense that it had a friendly enviroment and management was very supportive in all planned programs.
Pros
Free trainings
Cons
No lunch till you knock off
Good company, but it hires the wrong people
Open Pit Mining Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 24, 2015
People working in this mine site are not what you expect for a company like this. The people is qualified but does not have interpersonal skills.
Pros
People with experience
Cons
Underestimate people
Professional and Team oriented Work Environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2015
Enjoy my job here. Love working with the other employees. Very sad that they will be closing down this job effective November 30th and that I will no longer have a job after that date.
Mobile Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Golconda, NVJune 19, 2014
Very good company to work for, great benefits and pay. Work environment is great, company puts safety first over any job
Gold mine
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 1, 2015
Demanding work place with a strong support system from upper management. A lot of responsibilities to maintain a safe and functioning work environment. Focuses strongly on going home safe and healthy everyday.
Poor Relocate
NA Drilling Services Mngr. Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Elko, NevadaAugust 5, 2013
Relocated and let go in 4 months due to gold price reduction.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
unstable market
Great company
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVJune 22, 2013
Barrick is a great place to work. Benefits are very good. Employees are well trained. Safety is taken very seriously.
One of the two largest gold producers in the world
Continous Improvement Leader (Current Employee) –  Cortez MineJuly 14, 2015
Barrick is a great company to work for. I have advanced well while being here. I have been in mining for over 20 years and am interested in expanding my knowledge and experience in other industries. I am planning to relocate to the Salt Lake area for personal reasons.
Pros
Well established company
Cons
Commute time
Productive & Fun Place to Work
BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Crescent Valley, NVFebruary 11, 2015
• Reduced occupational injury/illness incidence rate at Cortez's Open Pit Division by more than 80%.
• Revised protocol and comprehensive direction of division through internal safety audit and environmental review.
• Reduced new employee orientation training time by 45% while still covering mandated content and achieving high compliance rate.
• Initiated changes in safety performance tracking that reduced number of reports by 53%.
• Awarded recognition as "Six Sigma Green Belt & Project Management in Action" Recipient, in 2013.

4.2