Barrick Gold Corporation

Barrick Gold Corporation Employer Reviews

Quarterly Bonuses
EQuipment Operator (Former Employee), Elko, NVSeptember 25, 2012
The hardest part of the job is fatigue. A typical day starts 3 hours before shift and ends about 3 hours after shift. Which equates to about 17 hour days. But, you only get paid for 12.
Great Company to work with.
Site Services General Supervisor (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, PRJuly 9, 2012
Pros: follow all the safety rules.
Cons: non that i found.
Super Company to work for, it is one of the largest Gold Producer in the world. Pay on time and made sure the perople were train to do that.
The culture of the company and Futurestep's approach to the business impressed me and attracted me to the firm. I am thrilled to join a growing busine
Senior Mechanical Trainer & Assessor (Current Employee), East Africa-TanzaniaMay 2, 2012
I have been working in the Gold plant for more than 10 years as fitter, I have worked with malt national global company ( Barrick Gold Corporation) and Resolute gold Company for another 4 years’ I can Say I have 14 years experiences.

I’m certified trainer for the mobile crane up to 120 tones, I also allowed driving cranes up to 120 tones crane.
In – more... wrote all those just to say I'm competent and professional a Fitters or Millwright just to work in any gold Plant or Copper plant industry.

I have grown from junior level to a trainer, where I train the Gold Plant fitter artisan to do the job as Barrick Global maintenance standards, to help the artisan in different eleven to achieve the work standard required by Barrick.

I competent to do all the basics engineering stuff as well specialized skill when it comes to maintenance and repair of such equipments as Centrifugal pumps, Vertical Spindle pumps, agitators, apron feeders, jaw crushers, cone crushers, mixers, Regeneration Kiln, Sag Mill, Ball Mill and Regrind Mills etc.

I teach people on pump basic and advanced training, shaft alignment, rigging and lifting, working at height, bearing assembling, laser alignment etc.

In wrote all those just to say I'm competent and professional a Fitters or Millwright just to work in any gold Plant or Copper plant industry.
Thanks you. – less

Vikki – June 4, 2012

I have had an application with Barrick since February 2012, how long does it take them to make any kind of contact with you? Im looking for a position of Haul truck driver" I haven't heard a word from them and there is no way for the public to call them, any suggestions? Thank you for whomever respond with helpful information. Have a blessed day.

The mine rescue has been very exciting and fun and has given me a lot of oppertunities.
Equipment operator (Current Employee), Barrick / CortezFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: lots of schooling and travel
Cons: being away from home
Barrick has a very extencive training program and they by top line equipment
Great People, work, experiances, great pay and benifits its a dream job
Mine ops operator (Current Employee), Bald mountain mine, NVFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: great people, work, experiances, great pay and benifits its a dream job
Cons: long time to get there from town
I love working for barrick gold at there bald mountain mine. other then its location far away from the nearest town, To me is the ideal work place for anyone seeking a carrer in mining. Mining is a fun fast paced way to build up your experiance in operation of heavy equipment and other skills that follow the mining prosess. It was Barrrick gold that – more... offered me a chance to do so, and very greatfull that they did. – less
Very dificult, but rwarding
Superintendent (Current Employee), TanzaniaApril 1, 2014
Pros: the rotational leave
Cons: long hours
Working hours are very long as you work 12 hour shifts, and the spares are not readily available so good planninmg needs to be done as most spares are imported into the country
The company is good to work for as I can work with anyone.
Shaftman/Hoist operator (Former Employee), Marathon, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great overtime, vacations time off, and benifits
Cons: management.
Doing all safety checks on all equipment that we use.Contact supervisor if any problems noticed and solve those problems before operating hoist.I loved to work with all those around me.The hardest part of my job was to train people that didn't have the will to be trained.If I thought they were untrainable then I would deem them as such.I loved the responsibility – more... that came with the job in all areas. – less
Agreat learning experience in a 3rd world country
Process Maintenance Workshop Supervisor (Current Employee), Dominican RepublicMarch 21, 2014
Teaching the national people on a daily basis. The hardest part is the language barrier.
Great company to work for, exciting underground environment
Mine Geologist (Former Employee), Granny Smith and DarlotMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great people to work with overall, fifo
Cons: bullies, no place to move up at that site
The first job was core logging/prepping. Once that's done, any structural interpretations, QAQC data, and/or reconcilliation work is done. Other jobs include underground mapping and sampling, wire framing, and block modelling. My management came from the senior geologist. Most of my co workers had less years experience than me, but are generally willing – more... to work outside the scope of their titles. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the one or two bullies in the immediate work space. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing structural interpretations in areas that not many people have previously looked at or analysed and used these interpretations for target generation – less
Very good company
Administrative Assistant to Senior Vice President (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn, all about the company in all parts of the world, gym membership
Over my long tenure here I have enjoyed but most importantly learned so much from fabulous bosses and co-workers.
working underground on dewatering equipment
Fitter (Former Employee), Kalgoorlie, WAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: work vehile
Cons: long hours
fault finding newly invented pumping unit .aqua lung pump unit
Managing all Capital Projects at Mine Site
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee), TanzaniaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: excellent working culture
Cons: located at remote place
1) Typical Day was when we completed the Plant Expansion Project within schedule and budget;
2) Learned more on the Project Risk Assessments; HAZOP studies;
3) Managing all the Capital Projects on the Mine Site;
4) Good Team;
5) Hardest Part was to manage the construction of houses in the community;
6) The Most Enjoyable part was to implement the Safety – more... culture and also was awarded as Safety Champion for the Year. – less
Is an active and enjoyable workplace!
Senior Electrical Supervisor (Technical Adviser) (Current Employee), Solwezi, ZambiaAugust 18, 2013
Pros: am made to feel like a key member of the maintenance team!
Cons: management changes; they leave vacuums!
Attend daily PSI safety meeting;
Ensure attendance by staff;
Get briefed by Section Superintendent;
Gather data from last 24 hours and present section activity report to Supt;
Attend daily production meeting and discuss 24 hour plan;
Inspection of active mining areas and any work by contractors on site;
Over-inspection of work area tasks as per maintenance – more... schedule;
Liaison with associated sections in provision of optimum availability of equipment for the operation i.e Supply Chain, Dewatering maintenance crew, Projects section etc.
Am available for after hours standby/call outs. – less
Good dispatching optimises production
Dispatch Engineer (Current Employee), Porgera Gold MineJune 8, 2013
Pros: top graduate development program
Cons: roster 21/14 is too long
On a daily basis, job requires:
- daily production reporting, goes out before 8am
- pit graphics updates
- new blast patterns created/locations of shovels, drills, diggers, update in pit graphics Modular VNC
- cross check ore mining records in dispatch records with Geology spotter sheet to ensure that oreblocks, tonnages moved per locations are the – more... same.
- Drill and blast statistics (locations, drill pattern, meters drilled) entered into dispatch
- relief dispatcher in the hot sit
- enjoy the teamwork in the engineering team as well as operations
- in close communication with maintenance department, reporting defects and GPS problems with mining fleet
- provide support to operations through the LP dispatch screen summary to optimise production, factors considered include: haul cycle, dump queue, shovel hang, fuel consumption, etc. – less
I usually rank safety as paramount important
Process Technician (Current Employee), Papua New GuineaMay 20, 2013
Pros: free lunch
The Important thing I learnt at Work is;
1. Safety
2. Team Player
3. No Procastination
Good Workplace
Facilities Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: bad people management
Barrick Gold is a good employer but they lack many of the standard processes that larger businesses have. They are still very much a the company that Peter Munk founded 27 yrs ago and still function as a small start up in many respects.
it a job the pay is good
pro tech (Current Employee), kalgoorlieFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: huh pros??
Cons: living in the bush
people are good still we have a high turn over rate.i love not being there on holidays lmao
Work and social
Mining Engineer_Project (Current Employee), Zambia solweziDecember 10, 2012
Pros: ok housing conditions
Cons: long hours and terriable rostal
The days are usually long because of a lot of meetings. on avarage i have to meetings each day. the work culture of the local people is motivating but the quality of expartriates sometimes is quastionable. all in all the work environment is very ideal for all sorts of people with differrent back grounds.
friendly staff
Financial Analyst, Strategic Planning (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2012
Great people to work with, great events. Co-workers and management really took the time to explained everything I need to know to me.
Productive and fun workplace
Concentrator Operator (Current Employee), north JeddahJuly 22, 2012
I have been working in Barrick for few months and I find it a great experience I learned a lot from them they are productive, safe, and fun to work with

About Barrick Gold Corporation

In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and – Read more

Barrick Gold Corporation Photos