Barrick Gold Corporation

Barrick Gold Corporation Employer Reviews

Sr. Project Controls Manager
Sr. Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), ArgentinaMay 15, 2013
Owner Project Controls Manager for the construction of $8.5B gold mine project. Responsible for planning, estimating, scheduling, cost, risk mitigation, and reporting for project. Daily interface with owner management teams, subcontractors, and large multi billion EPCM prime contractor. Supervisor for 30 owner staff and 50 indirect project controls – more... personnel. Achievements include the successful delivery of project work breakdown structure, definitive estimate with 26M direct craft labor hours, master schedule, baselines to report earned value, installed quantities, labor productivity and changes early to management. Successful in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and managing the large volume and pressures associated with a mega project. – less
Barrick gold SUCKS
i (Former Employee), iMay 8, 2013
Pros: employee
Cons: employee
They can make good money but at the same time they are doing horrible things to mother nature, killing a lot of rivers and lakes worldwide, not to mention the pouring of a lot of cyanide and mercury all over the place..

People that work in this company have no remorse for the environment and how other people get sick..
BG SUCKS big time

In my country – more... 500 miners got sick with cyanide contamination last years..This means that eventually you will get sick as well because of the exposure.

If someone dont believe me., just check on the internet and you will find plenty of information..

That's why BG is one of the most hated companies in the world..

Say NO to Barrick Gold – less
Serious work place
Consulting Senior Geologist (Current Employee), Cortez Gold Mines, NevadaApril 1, 2013
Barrick Gold Corp. is the largest gold mining company in the world. It is committed to upgrading the skills of its employees. As a consequence my job includes mentoring junior geologists. There is ample funding for some basic research such as thin section work and age dating. There is a strong emphasis on safety and environmnetal compliance.
HEALTHY SAFETY STANDARDS.
MAINTENANCE FITTER (Current Employee), LUMWANA MINE-SOLWEZI,ZAMBIAMarch 24, 2013
Pros: cultural interaction good
Cons: excessive work hours
HIGH SAFETY STANDARDS,PLANNED MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES WELL EXECUTED.EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION PRACTISED.HOWEVER,NO INTERTAINMENT.
Low productive
Contract Geologist (Former Employee), Marathon, ONMarch 4, 2013
the hardest part of the job:
1. lack of appropriate management due to inexperienced supervisor
2. admission to professional work (geologist) people without special education
3. admission to the geotechnical work people "from the street" - without the skills and understanding of the standards and work ethics
4 - admission to physically demanding work – more... of pregnant women – less
Oxygen Plant Operator (Current Employee), Cotui, Republica DominicanaOctober 31, 2012
Overlook ASU efficiency and reliability. Perfomer procedure review and follow up on plant dutties and customer satisfaction.
Quarterly Bonuses
EQuipment Operator (Former Employee), Elko, NVSeptember 25, 2012
The hardest part of the job is fatigue. A typical day starts 3 hours before shift and ends about 3 hours after shift. Which equates to about 17 hour days. But, you only get paid for 12.
Great Company to work with.
Site Services General Supervisor (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, PRJuly 9, 2012
Pros: follow all the safety rules.
Cons: non that i found.
Super Company to work for, it is one of the largest Gold Producer in the world. Pay on time and made sure the perople were train to do that.
The culture of the company and Futurestep's approach to the business impressed me and attracted me to the firm. I am thrilled to join a growing busine
Senior Mechanical Trainer & Assessor (Current Employee), East Africa-TanzaniaMay 2, 2012
I have been working in the Gold plant for more than 10 years as fitter, I have worked with malt national global company ( Barrick Gold Corporation) and Resolute gold Company for another 4 years’ I can Say I have 14 years experiences.

I’m certified trainer for the mobile crane up to 120 tones, I also allowed driving cranes up to 120 tones crane.
In – more... wrote all those just to say I'm competent and professional a Fitters or Millwright just to work in any gold Plant or Copper plant industry.

I have grown from junior level to a trainer, where I train the Gold Plant fitter artisan to do the job as Barrick Global maintenance standards, to help the artisan in different eleven to achieve the work standard required by Barrick.

I competent to do all the basics engineering stuff as well specialized skill when it comes to maintenance and repair of such equipments as Centrifugal pumps, Vertical Spindle pumps, agitators, apron feeders, jaw crushers, cone crushers, mixers, Regeneration Kiln, Sag Mill, Ball Mill and Regrind Mills etc.

I teach people on pump basic and advanced training, shaft alignment, rigging and lifting, working at height, bearing assembling, laser alignment etc.

In wrote all those just to say I'm competent and professional a Fitters or Millwright just to work in any gold Plant or Copper plant industry.
Thanks you. – less

Vikki – June 4, 2012

I have had an application with Barrick since February 2012, how long does it take them to make any kind of contact with you? Im looking for a position of Haul truck driver" I haven't heard a word from them and there is no way for the public to call them, any suggestions? Thank you for whomever respond with helpful information. Have a blessed day.

The mine rescue has been very exciting and fun and has given me a lot of oppertunities.
Equipment operator (Current Employee), Barrick / CortezFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: lots of schooling and travel
Cons: being away from home
Barrick has a very extencive training program and they by top line equipment
Great People, work, experiances, great pay and benifits its a dream job
Mine ops operator (Current Employee), Bald mountain mine, NVFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: great people, work, experiances, great pay and benifits its a dream job
Cons: long time to get there from town
I love working for barrick gold at there bald mountain mine. other then its location far away from the nearest town, To me is the ideal work place for anyone seeking a carrer in mining. Mining is a fun fast paced way to build up your experiance in operation of heavy equipment and other skills that follow the mining prosess. It was Barrrick gold that – more... offered me a chance to do so, and very greatfull that they did. – less
Technical Adviser (Current Employee), ZambiaMay 23, 2014
Pros: accommodation, flights, food
Cons: long hours, contract not renewed or transferred after being loyal and hardworking dissapointed
Great Company, good benefits.
Hardest part is that contract expired and was not relocated or offered a new contract.
Very dificult, but rwarding
Superintendent (Current Employee), TanzaniaApril 1, 2014
Pros: the rotational leave
Cons: long hours
Working hours are very long as you work 12 hour shifts, and the spares are not readily available so good planninmg needs to be done as most spares are imported into the country
The company is good to work for as I can work with anyone.
Shaftman/Hoist operator (Former Employee), Marathon, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great overtime, vacations time off, and benifits
Cons: management.
Doing all safety checks on all equipment that we use.Contact supervisor if any problems noticed and solve those problems before operating hoist.I loved to work with all those around me.The hardest part of my job was to train people that didn't have the will to be trained.If I thought they were untrainable then I would deem them as such.I loved the responsibility – more... that came with the job in all areas. – less
Agreat learning experience in a 3rd world country
Process Maintenance Workshop Supervisor (Current Employee), Dominican RepublicMarch 21, 2014
Teaching the national people on a daily basis. The hardest part is the language barrier.
Great company to work for, exciting underground environment
Mine Geologist (Former Employee), Granny Smith and DarlotMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great people to work with overall, fifo
Cons: bullies, no place to move up at that site
The first job was core logging/prepping. Once that's done, any structural interpretations, QAQC data, and/or reconcilliation work is done. Other jobs include underground mapping and sampling, wire framing, and block modelling. My management came from the senior geologist. Most of my co workers had less years experience than me, but are generally willing – more... to work outside the scope of their titles. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the one or two bullies in the immediate work space. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing structural interpretations in areas that not many people have previously looked at or analysed and used these interpretations for target generation – less
Very good company
Administrative Assistant to Senior Vice President (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn, all about the company in all parts of the world, gym membership
Over my long tenure here I have enjoyed but most importantly learned so much from fabulous bosses and co-workers.
working underground on dewatering equipment
Fitter (Former Employee), Kalgoorlie, WAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: work vehile
Cons: long hours
fault finding newly invented pumping unit .aqua lung pump unit
Managing all Capital Projects at Mine Site
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee), TanzaniaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: excellent working culture
Cons: located at remote place
1) Typical Day was when we completed the Plant Expansion Project within schedule and budget;
2) Learned more on the Project Risk Assessments; HAZOP studies;
3) Managing all the Capital Projects on the Mine Site;
4) Good Team;
5) Hardest Part was to manage the construction of houses in the community;
6) The Most Enjoyable part was to implement the Safety – more... culture and also was awarded as Safety Champion for the Year. – less
Is an active and enjoyable workplace!
Senior Electrical Supervisor (Technical Adviser) (Current Employee), Solwezi, ZambiaAugust 18, 2013
Pros: am made to feel like a key member of the maintenance team!
Cons: management changes; they leave vacuums!
Attend daily PSI safety meeting;
Ensure attendance by staff;
Get briefed by Section Superintendent;
Gather data from last 24 hours and present section activity report to Supt;
Attend daily production meeting and discuss 24 hour plan;
Inspection of active mining areas and any work by contractors on site;
Over-inspection of work area tasks as per maintenance – more... schedule;
Liaison with associated sections in provision of optimum availability of equipment for the operation i.e Supply Chain, Dewatering maintenance crew, Projects section etc.
Am available for after hours standby/call outs. – less

About Barrick Gold Corporation

In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and – Read more

Barrick Gold Corporation Photos