Barrier Motors Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive, professional workplace
Service department (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 20, 2012
The company's motto of "We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen," was mostly upheld by the management. I worked for several of the manufacturer's lines, and this was consistent. This employer was very flexible about my desire to attend college while working; I was able to keep working full-time while attending school part-time. At Barrier, I wasn't subject to a lot of micromanagement, in fact, it was a little impersonal but I didn't mind. I had a couple of experiences with underperforming employees, and for the most part they were moved or removed as needed. There were some exceptions to this: employees who didn't have the 'look' that was desired were removed, despite performance, and an employee who was very attractive and well-dressed but a complete screw-off was retained for too long. I was present during a major re-orgs, when some franchises were sold and others purchased. I was present at a meeting where the owner came to employees and reassured them that no franchises were being sold. The franchises were sold within a couple of months and many employees laid off.
Pros
professional, promotes from within.
Cons
impersonal, not always honest with employees.